- Lewiston woman faces welfare fraud charges Updated: Dec-06-13 7:51 am
- Maine lawmakers, advocates oppose DHHS office move Updated: Dec-03-13 3:25 pm
- Romanian PM calls on Britain not to discriminate Updated: Nov-30-13 4:31 am
- UK's Cameron announces tougher EU migration plans Updated: Nov-27-13 3:47 pm
- Ohio welfare numbers up after months of decline Updated: Nov-25-13 10:14 am
- Filipinos escape typhoon wasteland, but not worry Updated: Nov-25-13 5:35 am
- Maine couple accused of fraud in NH Updated: Nov-21-13 8:33 am
- Qatar 2022 enforces welfare standards for workers Updated: Nov-18-13 11:56 am
- Mass. House approves welfare legislation Updated: Nov-07-13 9:15 am
- Jail terms in Mesa County welfare case Updated: Nov-07-13 8:30 am
- Part of Indiana welfare website down for 2 weeks Updated: Nov-06-13 7:18 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - A Lewiston woman has been charged with fraudulently obtaining about $10,000 worth of welfare benefits.
PORTLAND, Maine - Moving a state health department office from downtown Portland will make it harder for welfare recipients to get their benefits, Democratic lawmakers and advocates said Tuesday.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's prime minister has called on Britain not to treat Romanians as "second-rate citizens" when work restrictions for Romanian and Bulgarian workers are lifted on Jan. 1.
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron has announced measures to toughen welfare rules for migrants from the European Union.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Welfare rolls in Ohio increased last month for the first time since the state began cracking down on federal requirements that most adult recipients spend 30 hours a week working, going to school or training for a job, or actively trying to find employment.
MANILA, Philippines - Romnick Abadines' heart pounded as a Philippine air force C-130 carried him above typhoon-wrecked Tacloban city. He had never been on a plane before, never watched silvery-white clouds pass from a small round window. It was not the first time, or the last, that he felt helpless and out of his element.
DOVER, New Hampshire - A Maine couple has been indicted by a grand jury in New Hampshire on charges relating to Social Security and welfare fraud.
LONDON - Companies building projects for the 2022 World Cup will be forced to guarantee welfare standards for workers, Qatari organizers pledged Monday in response to a critical report alleging abuses.
BOSTON - The Massachusetts House has approved its version of a bill aimed at overhauling the state's welfare system.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A former Mesa County Department of Human Services caseworker and her husband have been sentenced to jail terms for welfare fraud.
INDIANAPOLIS - Part of Indiana's welfare website has been offline for two weeks, preventing clients from accessing the status of their cases for food stamps and other benefits.