- Jobless benefit cuts weighed by Missouri high court - again Updated: Apr-26-16 2:02 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Supreme Court is wrestling with whether to invalidate a law cutting jobless benefits because of the way it was enacted.
- Initial unemployment claims in Louisiana fall Updated: Apr-22-16 11:43 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending April 16 decreased from the previous week's total.
- US applications for jobless aid fall to four-decade low Updated: Apr-21-16 8:41 am
WASHINGTON - The number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits fell to a four-decade low last week, a sign that employers are unconcerned about weak economic growth in the first three months of 2016.
- Court rules errors don't preclude unemployment benefits Updated: Apr-14-16 2:09 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Employees cannot be denied unemployment benefits in Wisconsin for inadvertent errors, even if the worker has been repeatedly warned about such errors, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.
- Christie: Unemployment insurance fund has $1 billion balance Updated: Apr-12-16 1:13 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says New Jersey's unemployment insurance trust fund has achieved a balance of $1 billion.
- Advocates of unemployed urge reverse of jobless benefit cuts Updated: Apr-07-16 4:00 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Advocates say benefit cuts approved three years ago are leaving laid-off workers with unemployment benefits that are too small and are gone too quickly to keep struggling families out of poverty.
- Woman ordered to pay back $11,000 in unemployment benefits Updated: Apr-07-16 12:12 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico woman has been ordered to pay back more than $11,000 in unemployment benefits.