- Jobless benefits' end didn't spur Illinois hiring Updated: Apr-14-14 4:05 pm
- Legislature backs unemployment insurance freeze Updated: Apr-14-14 2:04 pm
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-10-14 1:19 pm
- Unemployment benefits bill headed to House Updated: Apr-08-14 8:06 am
- Obama urges House to take up Senate's jobless bill Updated: Apr-07-14 7:13 pm
- Mo. Senate passes bill cutting jobless benefits Updated: Apr-03-14 12:41 pm
- Applications for US jobless aid up 16K to 326,000 Updated: Apr-03-14 8:49 am
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Mar-28-14 2:06 pm
- First-time unemployment insurance claims rise Updated: Mar-21-14 4:05 pm
CHICAGO - State unemployment officials say that 87 percent of all the people in Illinois who lost their long-term federal unemployment benefits in December remained out of work a month later.
BOSTON - A bill freezing unemployment insurance rates for Massachusetts businesses has won final approval from lawmakers.
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
WASHINGTON - Election-year legislation to resume long-term jobless benefits is headed to the House, where a small band of dissident Republicans is leaning on Speaker John Boehner to permit a vote on resuming aid to more than 2 million victims of the Great Recession.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is urging the House to embrace a Senate-passed measure to resurrect federal jobless benefits for the long-term unemployed.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri senators have passed legislation that could lead to a reduction in jobless benefits for people laid off in the future.
WASHINGTON - The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits rose 16,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 326,000. Despite the increase, the number remains close to pre-recession levels and points to stable hiring.
TUESDAY, April 1
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending March 15 increased from the previous week's total.