- US applications for jobless aid reach 3-month low Updated: Mar-06-14 8:48 am
- North Carolina unemployment claims stay backed up Updated: Mar-05-14 12:49 pm
- Reed tries again to extend emergency benefits Updated: Mar-05-14 11:02 am
- Maine seeks unemployment benefits overpayments Updated: Mar-02-14 8:26 am
- First-time unemployment insurance claims fall Updated: Feb-28-14 4:16 pm
- Daily life a struggle for long-term jobless Updated: Feb-17-14 10:13 am
- Drive starts to make Conn. more business-friendly Updated: Feb-10-14 5:05 pm
- First-time unemployment insurance claims fall Updated: Feb-09-14 8:02 pm
- Unemployment bill stalled anew in Senate Updated: Feb-06-14 4:52 pm
- Fears of slowdown sharpen focus on US jobs report Updated: Feb-06-14 12:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits dropped 26,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 323,000, the lowest level in three months as layoffs remain at pre-recession levels.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - It's unclear whether North Carolina's unemployment insurance office will meet its goal on clearing a backlog of initial claims that grew as office workers became more deliberative about whether someone qualifies for benefits.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's senior U.S. senator has filed legislation that would extend emergency unemployment benefits for six months, retroactive to when the program expired last year.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine officials are launching a new effort to collect overpaid unemployment benefits that recipients owe the state.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Feb. 22 decreased from the previous week's total.
PITTSBURGH - Her rent is due March 1, and Sheri Minkoff's main concern right now is where the money will come from.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's largest business organization said Monday it will fight a proposed increase in the minimum wage and seek changes in some state unemployment insurance rules.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Feb. 1 decreased from the previous week's total.
WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans narrowly blocked the advance of legislation to restore benefits for the long-term unemployed on Thursday for the second time in less than a month, and Democrats said they intended to call yet another vote on the issue.
WASHINGTON - Fears of an economic slowdown are heightening anticipation of what Friday's U.S. jobs report for January might reveal.