- Initial Louisiana unemployment claims drop Updated: May-01-15 10:41 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The state labor department says first-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending April 25 decreased to 2,737 from the previous week's total of 2,789.
- Kansas lawmakers pass bill to overhaul unemployment program Updated: Apr-30-15 6:13 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators have approved a bill setting a new cap on benefits for unemployed workers and overhauling the collection of taxes from businesses to finance the aid.
- Applications for US unemployment aid plunge to 15-year low Updated: Apr-30-15 9:37 am
WASHINGTON - The number of Americans seeking unemployment aid plummeted to the lowest level in 15 years last week, evidence that employers are laying off few workers despite a sharp slowdown in economic growth.
- Suit: Michigan wrongly charging unemployment aid applicants Updated: Apr-22-15 8:43 pm
DETROIT - The Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency is violating the rights of applicants for jobless benefits by using an automated system to file unjustified fraud charges and penalties against them, a federal lawsuit alleges.
- Missouri House sends unemployment benefit cuts to governor Updated: Apr-21-15 4:05 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri House sent a top business priority for Republicans to Gov. Jay Nixon's desk Tuesday, but the measure doesn't have enough votes to override a potential veto.
- Missouri House roll call vote on unemployment benefit cuts Updated: Apr-21-15 2:09 pm
The 88-68 roll call Tuesday by which the Missouri House voted to send Gov. Jay Nixon a bill that would cut the number of weeks a person could receive unemployment insurance benefits.
- Leader of false unemployment claims scheme gets prison term Updated: Apr-19-15 1:38 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man who led a scheme to steal more than $180,000 by filing false unemployment claims is now headed to prison.
- Closer Look: Rauner further details legislative agenda Updated: Apr-12-15 9:44 am
CHICAGO - Gov. Bruce Rauner has begun putting a finer point on his legislative agenda, telling voters, elected officials and newspaper editorial boards during a tour of Illinois last week that his business-friendly plan is vital to improving the state's economy.