- Smartphone trial judge annoyed by phones in court Updated: Apr-09-14 12:56 am
- Nokia gets Chinese approval for Microsoft deal Updated: Apr-08-14 1:40 pm
- New Hampshire bill aims to nip false patent claims Updated: Apr-06-14 11:16 am
- Samsung: Patents developed by Google engineers Updated: Apr-01-14 8:19 pm
- Judge awards CMU $1.54B in Marvell patent dispute Updated: Apr-01-14 1:34 pm
- Supreme Court could limit software patents Updated: Mar-31-14 5:01 pm
- BlackBerry wins ruling against iPhone keyboard Updated: Mar-31-14 4:18 pm
- Supreme Court takes up drug company dispute Updated: Mar-31-14 9:45 am
- Court: Company can move forward with Lexmark suit Updated: Mar-25-14 10:41 am
- IOC opposes bid to patent 4-ring Olympic logo Updated: Mar-24-14 1:00 pm
- Inventor battling US over patents sought in 1970s Updated: Mar-22-14 11:09 am
SAN JOSE, California - So far one of the biggest problems for a federal judge overseeing a patent battle between the world's largest smartphone makers isn't about stolen ideas. It's getting the roomful of smartphone devotees to turn off their devices.
HELSINKI - Nokia has received regulatory approval from Chinese authorities to sell its mobile phone unit to Microsoft Corp., removing one of the last major hurdles to the 5.4 billion-euro ($7.3 billion) deal.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Lawmakers are considering making it harder for companies with false patent claims - known as patent trolls - to demand that businesses pay licensing fees or be sued.
SAN JOSE, California - Samsung fired back at Apple's accusations of patent theft Tuesday, saying the South Korean tech giant didn't write any of the Android software on its smartphones and tablets, Google did.
NEW YORK - A court has awarded Carnegie Mellon University $1.54 billion in a patent dispute with chip maker Marvell Technology.
WASHINGTON - Is it too easy for high-tech companies to patent inventions that are not really new, but simply take an old idea and blend it with computer wizardry?
SAN FRANCISCO - Troubled smartphone maker BlackBerry has won an early round in its legal battle against an iPhone keyboard made by a startup co-founded by "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is wading into a patent dispute between rival pharmaceutical companies over a multiple sclerosis treatment.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a competitor of printer maker Lexmark International Inc. can move forward with a lawsuit accusing the company of disparaging its business.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC will oppose a reported bid by a Russian businessman to trademark the four-ring Olympic symbol displayed at the opening ceremony of the Sochi Games.
LAS VEGAS - An inventor in Las Vegas with more than 70 patents to his credit is suing federal patent officials, claiming they're improperly stalling decisions on two applications he submitted more than 40 years ago.