- Federal court backs patent protecting Eli Lilly cancer drug Updated: Aug-26-15 10:13 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Shares of Eli Lilly rose Wednesday after the drugmaker said a federal court upheld a patent protecting one of its top-selling drugs, the cancer treatment Alimta.
- Officials: UMass awarded record amount of patents for 2015 Updated: Aug-24-15 8:31 am
AMHERST, Massachusetts - Officials say the University of Massachusetts was awarded 65 U.S. patents during the past fiscal year- a record amount for the system.
- University of Montana grows portfolio of patents to 100-plus Updated: Aug-22-15 9:38 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Ryan Mizner has a patent pending for a device called The Bridge, a physical therapy tool developed by the University of Montana associate professor and one of his students.
- Carnegie Mellon University awarded $278M in patent suit Updated: Aug-05-15 6:01 am
PITTSBURGH - A Bermuda computer chip manufacturer was ordered to pay Carnegie Mellon University at least $278 million for infringing on its patents for over 555 million chips the company imported into the United States.
- Court says chipmaker Marvell owes CMU $278M, not $1.54B Updated: Aug-04-15 3:41 pm
NEW YORK - A federal appeals court reduced a judgment against chipmaker Marvell Technology by more than $1.25 billion, but still says the company owes Carnegie Mellon University $278 million for patent infringement.