- AstraZeneca profit falls as patent expires on heartburn drug Updated: Apr-24-15 4:58 am
LONDON - Anglo-Swedish drug-maker AstraZeneca PLC reported a 7 percent fall in net profit for the first quarter of 2015, as cheaper copies of one of its best-sellers ate into sales.
- This year's fight for the tech industry: Patent trolls Updated: Apr-14-15 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The same week that Alex Haro and Chris Hulls raised $50 million for their mobile app, Life360, the business partners got a letter. It said they had three days to pay licensing fees to a company they had never heard of because their app violated its patented technology.
- Rienzi farmer patents new feeding device Updated: Apr-09-15 4:40 am
BOONEVILLE, Mississippi - Gregory Chambers was driving a tractor when he was 7, and the farming bug never left him.
- Joel Spira, founder of light dimmer switch empire, dies Updated: Apr-08-15 9:37 pm
COOPERSBURG, Pennsylvania - Joel Spira, who brought the light dimmer switch to households across the nation and transformed his Lutron Electronics Company into a leading manufacturer of lighting controls, died of natural causes on Wednesday. He was 88.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals shares rise on weight loss drug patent Updated: Apr-07-15 10:55 am
NEW YORK - Shares of Arena Pharmaceuticals rose Tuesday after the drug developer said it received an additional patent for its weight loss drug Belviq.
- Memphis leads Tennessee metro areas in 2013 patents Updated: Apr-07-15 4:04 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Officials say Greater Memphis led Tennessee's metro areas in patents issued in 2013.