- Novartis reshapes business with GSK, Lilly deals Updated: Apr-22-14 12:04 pm
- Court declines to block drug ruling in patent case Updated: Apr-18-14 4:40 pm
- Smartphone trial judge annoyed by phones in court Updated: Apr-09-14 12:56 am
- Nokia gets Chinese approval for Microsoft deal Updated: Apr-08-14 1:40 pm
- New Hampshire bill aims to nip false patent claims Updated: Apr-06-14 11:16 am
- Samsung: Patents developed by Google engineers Updated: Apr-01-14 8:19 pm
- Judge awards CMU $1.54B in Marvell patent dispute Updated: Apr-01-14 1:34 pm
- Supreme Court could limit software patents Updated: Mar-31-14 5:01 pm
- BlackBerry wins ruling against iPhone keyboard Updated: Mar-31-14 4:18 pm
- Court: Company can move forward with Lexmark suit Updated: Mar-25-14 10:41 am
GENEVA - Swiss pharmaceutical firm Novartis AG launched a major overhaul of its business Tuesday, unveiling a series of multibillion-dollar deals with Britain's GlaxoSmithKline PLC and the U.S.'s Eli Lilly & Co. that heralds more restructuring in the fast-changing industry.
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts on Friday declined to temporarily block a lower court ruling that opens the world's best-selling multiple sclerosis drug to competition from generic rivals next month.
SAN JOSE, California - So far one of the biggest problems for a federal judge overseeing a patent battle between the world's largest smartphone makers isn't about stolen ideas. It's getting the roomful of smartphone devotees to turn off their devices.
HELSINKI - Nokia has received regulatory approval from Chinese authorities to sell its mobile phone unit to Microsoft Corp., removing one of the last major hurdles to the 5.4 billion-euro ($7.3 billion) deal.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Lawmakers are considering making it harder for companies with false patent claims - known as patent trolls - to demand that businesses pay licensing fees or be sued.
SAN JOSE, California - Samsung fired back at Apple's accusations of patent theft Tuesday, saying the South Korean tech giant didn't write any of the Android software on its smartphones and tablets, Google did.
NEW YORK - A court has awarded Carnegie Mellon University $1.54 billion in a patent dispute with chip maker Marvell Technology.
WASHINGTON - Is it too easy for high-tech companies to patent inventions that are not really new, but simply take an old idea and blend it with computer wizardry?
SAN FRANCISCO - Troubled smartphone maker BlackBerry has won an early round in its legal battle against an iPhone keyboard made by a startup co-founded by "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a competitor of printer maker Lexmark International Inc. can move forward with a lawsuit accusing the company of disparaging its business.