- Chinese small investors look for way out of stocks Updated: Jul-06-15 6:35 am
BEIJING - Shares in big state companies soared Monday after promises of government action to halt a slide in Chinese stock prices but many others sank as jittery small investors tried to cut their losses.
- 'Citizen of the year' gets 14 years in California fraud case Updated: Jul-02-15 6:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - A former California real estate developer once honored as his city's citizen of the year was sentenced Thursday to the maximum 14 years in prison for bilking investors who poured millions of dollars into failed development projects.
- 2Q mutual fund review: Momentum stalls Updated: Jul-02-15 3:05 pm
NEW YORK - Well, that was a disappointing ending.
- China scrambles to reassure jittery stock traders Updated: Jul-01-15 10:55 am
BEIJING - Chinese authorities are scrambling to reassure jittery investors after soaring stock markets plunged, threatening to set back economic reform plans.
- Stock pickers push back against the index-fund wave Updated: Jun-26-15 2:13 pm
CHICAGO - Is it worth it to pay a stock picker when index mutual funds are so cheap?
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: Jun-25-15 12:09 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Foreign fund's fight with Samsung galvanizes shareholders Updated: Jun-24-15 3:17 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Thousands of South Korean investors are backing an American hedge fund's bid to thwart a business combination between Samsung companies that they argue will only enrich the country's wealthiest family.
- Beyond high price tags: Value managers find bargain stocks Updated: Jun-18-15 4:17 pm
NEW YORK - It certainly seems like a rotten time to be a bargain hunter in the stock market.
- Saudi Arabia opens $585B stock market to foreign investors Updated: Jun-15-15 9:16 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia's stock market, valued at $585 billion, opened up to direct foreign investment for the first time Monday, as the kingdom seeks an economic boost amid low global oil prices.
- Why it matters that so few mutual fund managers are women Updated: Jun-11-15 5:24 pm
NEW YORK - Diversify. The financial industry says you have to do it with your investments.
- Report: Ex-speaker Hastert quietly tried to boost income Updated: Jun-07-15 1:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Former House speaker Dennis Hastert looked for ways to increase his income around the time he is accused of paying someone to stay quiet about decades-old misconduct, according to a former business associate.