- Solid November jobs report could give economy jolt Updated: Dec-06-13 12:17 am
- Tech Tips: Are the new AT&T plans better for you? Updated: Dec-05-13 5:40 pm
- Fed: US growth stays moderate during shutdown Updated: Dec-04-13 2:43 pm
- SCE&G agrees bill-adjusting program should end Updated: Dec-03-13 4:44 pm
- Conn. reminds online shoppers to pay sales tax Updated: Dec-02-13 1:40 pm
- Record crowds over weekend, but spending declined Updated: Dec-02-13 12:07 am
- Thanksgiving takes more Black Friday sales Updated: Dec-01-13 4:24 pm
- Americans kick off first holiday shopping weekend Updated: Nov-30-13 10:47 am
- Gunman holed up in store in LA County strip mall Updated: Nov-30-13 12:53 am
- Americans kick off 2-day holiday shopping marathon Updated: Nov-29-13 9:40 pm
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Expect more deals ahead Updated: Nov-29-13 6:36 pm
- Wyoming governor opposes Medicaid expansion Updated: Nov-29-13 6:09 pm
- New Mexico shoppers brave cold for bargains Updated: Nov-29-13 4:37 pm
- First legal Black Friday held in Okla. in 70 years Updated: Nov-29-13 2:59 pm
- Ga. shoppers plunge into Black Friday marathon Updated: Nov-29-13 2:23 pm
- Maine Black Fri shoppers out in spite of cold Updated: Nov-29-13 1:30 pm
- Woman injured in N. Ireland Black Friday rush Updated: Nov-29-13 10:51 am
- Black Friday shoppers compete to snag deals Updated: Nov-29-13 10:02 am
- Shoppers hit upstate NY stores on Black Friday Updated: Nov-29-13 7:14 am
- Holiday shopping season begins on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-29-13 2:04 am
- Kan. church offers Black Friday breakfast option Updated: Nov-28-13 4:35 pm
- Blumenthal: Beware Black Friday 'tricks and traps' Updated: Nov-28-13 2:35 pm
- Small NC retailers seeking shoppers on Saturday Updated: Nov-28-13 11:37 am
- Lawson advises Ind. shoppers to stay on budget Updated: Nov-28-13 4:04 am
- Battle for holiday shoppers heats up Updated: Nov-27-13 3:04 pm
WASHINGTON - A fourth straight month of solid hiring in November could give the U.S. economy a jolt and signal that the job market may finally be gathering momentum.
NEW YORK - AT&T is joining T-Mobile in reducing monthly fees for people who pay for their own devices.
WASHINGTON - A Federal Reserve survey released Wednesday found that the U.S. economy held steady during the 16-day partial government shutdown, growing moderately in most regions from October through late November.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Energy provider SCE&G agrees with a state agency that its complicated bill-adjusting program should end.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's top tax official is reminding online shoppers to pay the state's sales tax.
NEW YORK - Retailers got Americans into stores during the start to the holiday shopping season. Now, they'll need to figure out how to get them to actually shop.
Thanksgiving Day is no longer all about turkey: It's eating away at Black Friday shopping.
Millions of Americans turned out as the holiday buying season started earlier this year on Thanksgiving Day. But there's still a lot of shopping left.
LA CRESCENTA, California - Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies say a gunman robbed one store and has barricaded himself inside another in a La Crescenta shopping center and neighboring businesses are being evacuated.
The holiday shopping season started as a marathon, not a sprint.
The holiday shopping season kicked off early, as several retailers began offering deals on Thanksgiving. Many people complained about the early start and the mad rush for deals - yet they went shopping anyway. Deals aren't over yet, as big retailers believe they must continue offering them to lure shoppers.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead is recommending that the Wyoming Legislature not accept federal money to expand Medicaid coverage to more than 16,000 low-income adults who lack health insurance.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Braving freezing temperatures and expecting large crowds, bargain hunters in New Mexico took to stores and malls Friday in search of much-hyped Black Friday deals.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Though Oklahoma shoppers could revel in their first legal Black Friday in 70 years, shoppers seemed to be less frenzied than expected because they had already snapped up deals Thursday night.
ALPHARETTA, Georgia - From all-night shopping sprees that began on Thanksgiving to stragglers looking for leftover deals as crowds grew thinner by midmorning Black Friday, Georgians started the holiday buying season with a mall-hopping marathon that sometimes left little room for sleep or turkey dinners.
PORTLAND, Maine - Very cold weather greeted Maine shoppers this Black Friday.
LONDON - At least one person has been injured in Northern Ireland as shoppers rushed to get their hands on deals for Black Friday, a day of sales modeled on the American post-Thanksgiving kick-off to the holiday shopping season.
NILES, Illinois - Black Friday shopper Vinnie Gopalakrishnan (goh-puh-lay-KRIHSH'-nuhn) had no intention of joining the crowds of - in his words - "crazy" people.
CLIFTON PARK, New York - Black Friday shoppers are hitting the stores across upstate New York, although many got the jump on the holiday season by flocking to stores on Thanksgiving night.
NEW YORK - Shoppers gobbled turkey, but saved the pumpkin pie for later on Thanksgiving Day.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Topeka church is getting in on the Black Friday action by dishing up early-morning munchies to shoppers.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal is warning of the "tricks and traps" some advertisers use to try to lure consumers into making purchases on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Forsyth County goat dairy is offering giveaways and samples to visitors willing to break away from the Christmas shopping rush to malls. A Winston-Salem publisher has promised to fetch any book that's in stock from its warehouse for customers who drop in Saturday. A Charlotte lawn sign company is offering a 25 percent discount on reservations made that day.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson is advising shoppers to be careful not to fall into debt during holiday shopping and to beware of scams.
NEW YORK - This holiday shopping season, it's Amazon vs. everyone else.