- New Mexico gay married couples ready for tax time Updated: Mar-09-14 3:17 pm
- Neb. lawmakers to act on some income tax measures Updated: Mar-09-14 10:50 am
- Utah a step closer to new, bigger convention hotel Updated: Mar-07-14 8:41 pm
- Senate leader: Tax-cut deadline 'difficult' to hit Updated: Mar-07-14 12:32 pm
- Bill to lower taxes on Nebraska farmland stalls Updated: Mar-06-14 7:37 pm
- Minnesota House backs $500M tax-cut bill Updated: Mar-06-14 7:06 pm
- IRS scam now targeting more than 300 UPMC workers Updated: Mar-06-14 9:04 am
- New tax cut plan criticized in Missouri Senate Updated: Mar-05-14 6:08 pm
- Same-sex marriage tax benefits nixed by Senate Updated: Mar-04-14 9:55 pm
- Wisconsin Senate passes governor's tax cuts Updated: Mar-04-14 7:49 pm
- Okla. House defeats extension of movie tax credit Updated: Mar-03-14 7:02 pm
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Mar-03-14 10:04 am
- Conn. tax department offering free services Updated: Mar-01-14 9:28 am
- State's property taxes mostly static after refunds Updated: Feb-28-14 6:34 pm
- $1.2B surplus estimate to feed session appetites Updated: Feb-28-14 3:44 pm
- Senate passes Okla. income tax cut with trigger Updated: Feb-27-14 6:22 pm
- Donelon reminds taxpayers of available rebate Updated: Feb-27-14 7:31 am
- New Yorkers filing tax returns electronically Updated: Feb-27-14 3:04 am
- GOP tax plan lowers rates, repeals popular breaks Updated: Feb-26-14 6:00 pm
- Walker promises no property tax increases Updated: Feb-26-14 5:35 pm
- Tax predictions before Vt. town meeting spotty Updated: Feb-26-14 12:36 pm
- Minnesota House approves $20M in heating aid Updated: Feb-25-14 9:55 pm
- Heineman open to different Neb. property tax bills Updated: Feb-25-14 2:32 pm
- Fiesta Bowl, affiliates had $1.3M loss in 2012-13 Updated: Feb-25-14 1:20 pm
- Wisconsin touts mobile app for tax refund status Updated: Feb-25-14 5:04 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Some same-sex couples in New Mexico will get to experience for the first time what married couples go through every spring - sorting through joint tax returns.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers are poised to act this session on income tax cuts aimed at Social Security recipients and veterans who agree to launch a new career or business in Nebraska after they retire.
SALT LAKE CITY - A proposal that would increase Salt Lake City's hotel space - making more room for outdoor gear shows, conferences and the crowds they bring - is advancing in the state Legislature.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton's goal of enacting a bill cutting and repealing taxes by next Friday appears unlikely to be met.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposal to lower the taxable value of Nebraska ranch and farmland stalled Thursday in a legislative committee amid concerns it would erode the property tax base used by rural K-12 public schools.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Acting with rare speed, the Minnesota House approved a $500 million package of tax cuts and repeals Thursday in a clear sign of the state's improved fortunes.
PITTSBURGH - The number of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center employees targeted by identity thieves in a bogus federal tax return scheme is now more than 300.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A new plan making potential income tax cuts contingent upon a variety of factors, including school funding, faced criticism Wednesday from both Republicans and Democrats as the Senate struggled to reach consensus on what GOP leaders have labeled as a top priority.
INDIANAPOLIS - Gay rights advocates said they're deeply concerned about a split in state policy from a new federal approach to taxes recognizing same-sex marriage that the Indiana Senate approved 41-6 on Tuesday.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved closer to making Gov. Scott Walker's plan to use the state's surplus to cover $504 million in tax cuts reality Tuesday, pushing the measure through the state Senate despite Democrats' complaints the proposal is just a token election-year ploy.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma House defeated legislation Monday that would have extended a tax credit program for the film industry after opponents argued that tax dollars that pay for the program would be better spent on core state services.
North Platte Telegraph. March 2, 2014.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut is offering taxpayers access to free state tax preparation and filing services.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota property taxes owed this year are mostly static once refunds and credits are factored in, state officials said Friday, despite their earlier prediction that those taxes would drop considerably.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A bullish budget forecast showing a $1.233 billion surplus added steam Friday to a bipartisan push for tax relief, but also sparked a "bidding war" over how much taxpayers will get back.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The earliest Oklahoma taxpayers could see a drop in the state's top income tax rate would be 2016, and then only if certain revenue collections increase, under a bill approved on Thursday in the state Senate.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's insurance commissioner is reminding taxpayers to claim the Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Assessment rebate this tax season.
ALBANY, New York - New York state officials say 97 percent of tax returns received so far this year have been electronically filed.
WASHINGTON - A sweeping House Republican plan to overhaul the nation's tax laws would wipe out a slew of popular tax breaks to help pay for lower overall tax rates, a politically risky move in an election year that drew quick opposition Wednesday.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker promised on Wednesday that property taxes won't increase through 2018 if he is re-elected this year, an early campaign pledge that echoes the one he made almost exactly four years ago to create 250,000 jobs in his first term.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - There's been a tug of war for nearly a week between Vermont Republicans and Democrats over whether the Vermont House usually sets its version of a statewide school property tax before Town Meeting Day.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota House quickly passed a bill Tuesday to send emergency heating aid to people suffering through the brutal winter, setting a rapid pace on the first day of what could be a quick legislative session.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman has called on lawmakers to reduce the taxable value of farm and ranch land, but he's willing to embrace alternative proposals that would reduce property taxes.
PHOENIX - Tax returns show that the Fiesta Bowl and its related entities collectively lost money in the 2012-13 fiscal year but still have large reserves.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is touting its mobile app that allows taxpayers to track the status of their tax refund.