- Democrat Tom Wolf reports $2.2M in 2012 income Updated: Apr-17-14 8:59 pm
- IRS audits less than 1 percent of big partnerships Updated: Apr-17-14 6:26 pm
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 10:55 am
- NY comptroller says dubious tax refunds blocked Updated: Apr-17-14 3:07 am
- State help for Northern Beef was about $4.3M Updated: Apr-16-14 7:21 pm
- Missouri lawmakers pass tax cut; veto possible Updated: Apr-16-14 7:00 pm
- Bentley opponent releases tax return Updated: Apr-16-14 2:18 pm
- Branstad's tax return shows income of $234,907 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:23 am
- Nebraska land valuations rise 12.45 pct in year Updated: Apr-16-14 11:16 am
- Filing deadline extended for municipal Ohio taxes Updated: Apr-16-14 9:37 am
- 6 women charged with filing 800 false tax returns Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- State audits find spending abuse in LA-area city Updated: Apr-15-14 9:55 pm
- Cuomo tax return shows $188,000 book advance Updated: Apr-15-14 9:13 pm
- Senate rejects revival of Grand Canyon U tax break Updated: Apr-15-14 9:07 pm
- McCrory, tax overhaul opponents differ on result Updated: Apr-15-14 8:38 pm
- Excerpts from recent Indiana newspaper editorials Updated: Apr-15-14 5:53 pm
- Alabama governor releases tax return Updated: Apr-15-14 4:01 pm
- Massachusetts extends state tax filing deadline Updated: Apr-15-14 2:06 pm
- NY reports collecting $3.9B in evaded taxes Updated: Apr-15-14 11:19 am
- NC LGBT group to hold rally over tax filing policy Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 am
- Federal tax prosecutions seen as reminder Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 am
- Simon, husband report $208,000 in Illinois income Updated: Apr-14-14 4:59 pm
- Lawyer for bin Laden son-in-law guilty in tax case Updated: Apr-14-14 3:58 pm
- Congresswoman: 3,800 in New Hampshire owed refunds Updated: Apr-14-14 2:28 pm
- Study finds Indiana residents paying more in taxes Updated: Apr-14-14 2:28 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Tom Wolf, a Democratic candidate for governor who took out a multimillion-dollar loan to help finance his campaign, reported nearly $2.2 million in adjusted income in 2012, according to two pages of his 2012 tax return he released Thursday.
WASHINGTON - The Internal Revenue Service audits fewer than 1 percent of large business partnerships, according to a government report released Tuesday.
Wisconsin State Journal, April 16
ALBANY, New York - The New York Comptroller's Office reports stopping more than $24 million in questionable personal income tax refunds so far this year, saying it has found 7,482 improper filings, up 18 percent from last year.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - U.S. Senate candidates talking about the idled Northern Beef Packers plant in northeast South Dakota have tossed out figures for taxpayer losses ranging from nothing to $80 million, but a breakdown from state agencies shows the actual number is closer to $4.3 million.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Setting up a likely veto showdown, the Republican-led Missouri Legislature gave final approval Wednesday to an income tax cut for millions of individuals and thousands of business owners that Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon warned could imperil funding for public schools and services.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - One of Gov. Robert Bentley's opponents in the Republican primary for governor has released his income tax return.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad earned $234,907 and is paying $28,298 in federal taxes for 2013.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Bigger tax bills could follow higher land valuations in Nebraska, to the chagrin of property-rich farmers and ranchers, authorities say.
BRECKSVILLE, Ohio - An agency that coordinates municipal tax filing around Ohio has extended the deadline to file until Monday after what it calls "unprecedented demand."
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say six women have been charged with filing more than 800 false income tax returns and claiming more than $1.3 million in refunds.
SACRAMENTO, California - A gritty Los Angeles suburb targeted in a federal corruption probe had virtually no controls over how taxpayer money was spent, opening the way for officials to run up credit-card bills and take questionable leave time that in one case nearly doubled an employee's salary, state audits found Tuesday.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo's tax return shows he made $188,333 last year on an advance for his book that's due out in August.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate on Tuesday narrowly rejected an effort to revive a proposal granting a private Christian university a major break on its property taxes.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory and his fiscal allies used Tuesday's tax-filing deadline to highlight a tax overhaul passed last summer that they say will benefit most North Carolina residents - either by leaving more money in their wallets or providing them with new jobs. But critics insist most people will see higher taxes and government services still hindered by cash shortages.
The Journal Gazette. April 15, 2014.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley's tax returns show he's still not receiving any income from being governor, but he and his wife reported an adjusted gross income of $372,687 for 2013.
BOSTON - Tax procrastinators will have a few more days to file their state returns in Massachusetts.
ALBANY, New York - New York officials report collecting $3.9 billion in evaded taxes over the past year, an increase of about $200 million or five percent over the prior year.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's largest LGBT advocacy group is holding a rally to protest a new state tax policy regarding same-sex couples.
CHICAGO - Seven Chicago area residents are facing prosecution for alleged federal income tax crimes.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon and her husband earned $208,000 during 2013 and paid $44,000 in state and federal taxes.
ALBANY, New York - The lawyer who represented Osama bin Laden's son-in-law at his recent terrorism trial pleaded guilty Monday in Syracuse to a federal charge of impeding the IRS.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - U.S. Rep. Carol Shea-Porter says an estimated 3,800 people in New Hampshire are owed more than $3 million in unclaimed tax refunds.
INDIANAPOLIS - A national study found that Indiana residents have paid an increasing percentage of their income on state and local taxes at the same time their average income was shrinking.