- Federal contractor pleads guilty to faking tax returns Updated: Nov-25-15 6:17 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A federal contractor has pleaded guilty to faking his corporate and personal income tax returns for three years.
- Budget work to continue after whirlwind of finger-pointing Updated: Nov-24-15 7:29 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A two-day whirlwind of accusations, counter-accusations and a threat to override Gov. Tom Wolf's veto of a short-term spending bill yielded no firm assurances Tuesday night that Pennsylvania's five-month budget stalemate would end soon.
- Excerpts from recent editorials by newspapers in Illinois Updated: Nov-24-15 10:33 am
November 23, 2015
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions Updated: Nov-23-15 2:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Pfizer and Allergan are pursuing the biggest buyout in health care history, a $160 billion deal that would essentially send one of the biggest U.S. corporations overseas, or at least its legal domicile and principal executive offices.
- Software problem blamed for erroneous tax bills Updated: Nov-19-15 8:23 am
CLAYTON, Missouri - A software problem is blamed for an error that caused tax bills with overcharges to be sent to nearly 380,000 homeowners and businesses in St. Louis County last week.
- South Carolina to reduce income tax withholdings Updated: Nov-18-15 1:12 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is planning to leave money in the paychecks of workers, but as part of the trade-off, will reduce the amount of state income tax refunds people receive each spring.
- Lafayette leaders help redevelopers with overdue tax bills Updated: Nov-18-15 10:43 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette City-Parish Council has voted to make it easier to redevelop abandoned houses, messy lots and other blighted property with long overdue tax bills.
- Indiana stops contractor from sending tax amnesty letters Updated: Nov-06-15 3:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Department of Revenue has stopped a state contractor from sending out a letter about the state's tax amnesty program that spurred complaints.
- State ex-tax worker charged with unauthorized records access Updated: Nov-06-15 2:08 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The state Department of Revenue Services says it has arrested a former employee on accusations he gained unauthorized access to confidential taxpayer information.
- Colorado facing cuts amid $373 million budget shortfall Updated: Nov-05-15 10:07 pm
DENVER - Colorado is facing a $373 million budget shortfall next year, despite a healthy state economy that has an unemployment rate of 4 percent. Years of uncoordinated fiscal policies, spending restrictions that require refunds to taxpayers, and mandated funding for schools are among the moving parts colliding to create the budget deficit, the governor's budget staff says.
- Tucson on verge of scrapping traffic cameras Updated: Nov-04-15 1:47 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson is on the verge of becoming the latest city to do away with red light traffic cameras.