- Webster University students in London in financial limbo Updated: May-26-15 2:41 pm
WEBSTER GROVES, Missouri - Several Webster University students studying abroad in London unexpectedly lost their federal financial aid this past school year due to the school's violation of Department of Education regulations.
- Tuition, TOPS cost-control bills move to House for debate Updated: May-20-15 7:39 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A package of bills that would take lawmakers out of the tuition-setting business and place new spending restrictions on Louisiana's TOPS free college tuition program edged closer Wednesday to final legislative passage.
- Arizona college savings program tops $1 billion in assets Updated: May-20-15 6:15 am
PHOENIX - A plan that lets Arizona families save for college tuition and earn money on the deposits tax-free has topped $1 billion in assets.
- U of Illinois President: Cuts may be less than proposed Updated: May-18-15 4:50 pm
URBANA, Illinois - In his first day on the job, new University of Illinois President Timothy Killeen said Monday that he is optimistic state-budget cuts will not be as deep as the 31.5 percent that Gov. Bruce Rauner initially proposed. Such cuts would be devastating for the university, Killeen said.
- Wyoming Catholic College eschews federal aid programs Updated: May-15-15 1:04 pm
LANDER, Wyoming - Mary Terlisner and her parents found creative ways to pay the $28,000 yearly cost to attend Wyoming Catholic College, a small liberal arts school with buildings scattered throughout the downtown here.
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: May-13-15 6:42 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- US asks to join blind student's lawsuit against Ohio school Updated: May-13-15 2:40 pm
CINCINNATI - The Justice Department has asked to join a blind Miami University student's federal lawsuit accusing the southwest Ohio school of using technology that presents a barrier to her education.
- Ohio Senate OKs tax breaks on college savings accounts Updated: May-06-15 4:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A proposal to increase state tax benefits on college savings accounts has cleared the Ohio Senate.
- College financial aid: There's still time to apply Updated: May-06-15 11:32 am
When it comes to lining up financial aid for college, earlier is definitely better.
- Deadline extended for Illinois prepaid college tuition plan Updated: May-05-15 5:08 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois families wanting to lock in future college tuition payments at today's rates have an extra month to sign up for a state savings program.
- For-profit college to pay back tuition over credit transfer Updated: May-04-15 6:38 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A for-profit online college will refund a Portland student's tuition after the Oregon Justice Department investigated the student's inability to transfer the school's credits.