- Students rally against proposed UO tuition hike Updated: Feb-04-16 2:00 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Students at the University of Oregon are protesting a proposed 4.7 percent tuition hike, arguing that the increase isn't affordable.
- Advocacy group calls on Legislature to rethink scholarship Updated: Feb-03-16 2:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - An advocacy group is pushing the Missouri Legislature to reconsider how it awards scholarships for a 30-year-old program designed to keep the brightest college students in the state.
- EXCHANGE: Group aims to help undocumented students Updated: Feb-02-16 7:57 am
JOLIET, Illinois - When Brian Herrera came to Joliet Junior College, he felt alone and different from other students.
- Scholarships, tutoring to save 'lost generation' of Syrians Updated: Feb-02-16 1:59 am
ZARQA, Jordan - Until recently, Syrian refugee Eyad Zoulghena only had bad options.
- Maryland Democrats push for affordable college, retirement Updated: Feb-01-16 5:38 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Democrats on Monday outlined plans for legislation to help people save for college and retirement.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Feb-01-16 1:16 pm
Wisconsin State Journal, Jan. 31
- House bill would allow public funding at religious schools Updated: Jan-26-16 5:37 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho House panel has introduced a proposal that would allow students to use public funding toward religious school tuitions.
- Democrats propose bill to pay for college Updated: Jan-25-16 12:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic legislators are proposing a bill that would give Wisconsin public college students grants to cover living expenses, tuition, student fees and textbooks.
- Democrats talk agenda ahead of Scott Walker's State of State Updated: Jan-18-16 4:43 pm
MILWAUKEE - Democratic legislative leaders said Monday that they want to hear bold plans from Gov. Scott Walker on strengthening the middle class and improving the state's infrastructure during his upcoming State of the State address.
- GOP lawmaker wants cap on private school tax credits Updated: Jan-18-16 1:51 pm
PHOENIX - An effort by some Republican lawmakers to roll back an annual 20 percent boost in the amount of corporate tax credits available for contributions to private school tuition organizations has returned this session.
- Court: Blind student's lawsuit against university is settled Updated: Jan-15-16 6:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Attorneys have settled a federal lawsuit filed by a blind student who accused Miami University of using technology that presented a barrier to her education, court records show.
- State program would help college grads refinance debt Updated: Jan-15-16 10:32 am
WINONA, Minnesota - The state's Office of Higher Education has announced a new refinancing program to cut interest rates for Minnesotans who face large debt from student loans.
- More employers try to help workers pay student loans Updated: Jan-13-16 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - Employers are discovering that making it easier for workers to pay off their student loans helps to attract and keep a happy workforce.