- Omni Hotel reaches 3-year deal with unionized workers Updated: May-05-15 6:53 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Omni Hotel in Providence has reached a three-year contract agreement with the union representing 170 of its workers.
- German train drivers to start 5-day strike Tuesday Updated: May-03-15 1:10 pm
BERLIN - A union representing German train drivers has called members out on a five-day strike starting Tuesday, its longest walkout yet in an increasingly bitter dispute with the national railway operator.
- Century Aluminum Co. sends lockout notice to union local Updated: May-02-15 5:44 pm
HAWESVILLE, Kentucky - The Century Aluminum Co. in Hawesville has given the United Steelworkers local a lockout notice for its 570 members.
- Omaha public school teachers, district strike pay deal Updated: May-02-15 4:01 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Public Schools and its teachers union have struck a deal for a new contract that would give teachers raises over the next three years and increase the starting salary for new teachers.
- Union, BP reach tentative deal in strike at Whiting plant Updated: Apr-30-15 4:53 pm
WHITING, Indiana - A union and BP have reached a tentative agreement to end a months-long strike at a refinery in northwest Indiana.
- County jail's health provider inks new workers' contract Updated: Apr-30-15 10:11 am
PITTSBURGH - The company that provides health care to inmates at the Allegheny County Jail in Pittsburgh has reached a new three-year contract with its unionized workers.
- Democrats highlight potential obstacles in Rauner budget Updated: Apr-29-15 6:18 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - With just weeks left before Illinois' 2016 budget must be passed, Democratic leaders and GOP Gov. Bruce Rauner remain far apart on how to bridge a $6 billion revenue gap.
- UAW reports 55 percent membership at VW plant in Tennessee Updated: Apr-29-15 6:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The United Auto Workers union has 816 members at the Volkswagen plant in Tennessee, or about 55 percent of the total blue collar work force, according the union's latest disclosure with the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Union threatens one-day strikes over contract negotiations Updated: Apr-29-15 3:11 am
NEW YORK - Teachers at five Catholic schools in New York are threatening a one-day strike over contract negotiations.
- Trade deal poses dilemma for Clinton in Democratic primary Updated: Apr-28-15 11:05 am
WASHINGTON - On a trip to Australia in 2012, Hillary Rodham Clinton lavished praise on the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership, calling it the "gold standard" in efforts to create open and fair trade.
- UConn reaches contract deal with graduate students Updated: Apr-22-15 6:04 am
STORRS, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut has reached its first tentative contract agreement with the union representing its graduate students.
- Social services workers in Ohio to vote on proposed contract Updated: Apr-15-15 3:16 am
CINCINNATI - Social service workers who have been in contract negotiations with a southwest Ohio county over wages for about two years will vote this week on a tentative agreement.
- Rauner hopes deal will speed resolution of union dispute Updated: Apr-11-15 1:10 pm
CHICAGO - Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration has agreed to allow government agencies to resume taking fees from the paychecks of non-union members to cover union representation while his lawsuit challenging the legality of the fees is resolved in court.
- Emanuel acknowledges challenges in 2nd Chicago mayoral term Updated: Apr-08-15 9:25 pm
CHICAGO - After surviving an unexpectedly tough campaign for a second term, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday that Chicago's challenges "don't need to be made harder if I have a stylistic issue" but gave few details about how he'll change his approach.
- Unions oppose bill that would bar managers from joining Updated: Apr-08-15 8:28 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - In a week full of bills that have Nevada unions crying foul, an Assembly committee has passed an amended version of a bill that would dramatically change collective bargaining rules for Nevada public employees.
- Path to finalizing pension deal still faces hurdles Updated: Apr-07-15 2:47 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Before a deal can be finalized to resolve years of legal wrangling over Rhode Island's landmark public pension system overhaul, a court, lawmakers and the plaintiffs must sign off on it.
- Catlettsburg Refinery work stoppage ends with new contract Updated: Apr-07-15 12:08 pm
CATLETTSBURG, Kentucky - Hourly workers at the Marathon Petroleum Corporation's Catlettsburg Refinery are returning to work this week.