- Service workers ratify new 3-year Washington Hospital pact Updated: Feb-11-16 9:07 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - The service workers' union has ratified a three-year contract with Washington Hospital that union officials say will pay workers $15 hourly by the end of the deal.
- EU and Britain have big differences over 'ever closer union' Updated: Feb-10-16 2:24 pm
LONDON - For Britain and the European Union, they are three little words that expose big philosophical differences: "Ever closer union."
- Washington Hospital, service union confirm 3-year contract Updated: Feb-09-16 2:06 pm
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - Washington Hospital has reached a three-year contract agreement with its service workers union.
- California State University campuses prep for strike Updated: Feb-08-16 3:12 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The union that represents California State University faculty said Monday it is preparing for a five-day strike at the system's 23 campuses, by far the largest walkout since professors and instructors won collective bargaining rights in the early 1980s.
- Poland says it wins protection for Poles in British EU deal Updated: Feb-05-16 11:44 am
WARSAW, Poland - British Prime Minister David Cameron found support Friday for a renegotiated deal with the European Union from Poland and Denmark, marking a positive start to a two-week tour of European capitals aimed at winning over European partners to his plans for a looser union with the bloc.
- Unions concerned Connecticut workers targeted in budget plan Updated: Feb-04-16 7:18 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State employees again find themselves in the sights of legislators and the governor as they grapple with a string of projected budget deficits and a changing economy.
- Labor union files complaint over Brown-Forman negotiations Updated: Feb-04-16 2:12 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A labor leader at Brown-Forman said Thursday the union has filed a complaint with the National Labor Relations Board accusing the spirits maker of unfair labor practices.
- The Latest: Hungary accepts UK efforts to stop benefit abuse Updated: Feb-02-16 10:17 am
BRUSSELS - The Latest on negotiations on changes to EU law aimed at keeping Britain in the bloc (all times local):
- 1,750 U of Illinois union workers wait 2 weeks for back pay Updated: Jan-27-16 10:04 am
URBANA, Illinois - Officials say that about 1,750 union employees at the University of Illinois who ratified new contracts will have to wait two weeks for negotiated back pay.
- Twin Cities janitors authorize strike if no contract reached Updated: Jan-23-16 6:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Janitors who clean office buildings in the Twin Cities have authorized a strike if a contract agreement is not reached by Feb. 14.
- Germany's Lufthansa, union agree to arbitration talks Updated: Jan-22-16 7:41 am
BERLIN - Germany's Lufthansa and the union representing its cabin crew say they've agreed to arbitration in a long and bitter labor dispute that has cost the airline millions.
- The Latest: Fitch downgrades Chicago schools' credit rating Updated: Jan-20-16 2:59 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on Illinois Republicans proposing a state takeover of Chicago Public Schools (all times local):
- Correction: California Budget-Pensions story Updated: Jan-19-16 1:23 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - In a story Jan. 18 about the state's unfunded retirement liabilities, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of the Californians for Retirement Security chairman. He is David Low, not Lowe.
- Chicago police unions push for destruction of old complaints Updated: Jan-15-16 7:26 pm
CHICAGO - Unions representing Chicago police officers are fighting for the destruction of tens of thousands of documents from disciplinary files dating back several decades, just as activists and community leaders are demanding more access and transparency from a department under intense scrutiny after several controversial police shootings.
- Phoenix bus drivers' union accepts new deal Updated: Jan-15-16 6:06 pm
PHOENIX - A bus drivers' union approved a new agreement with a transit company Friday, bringing an end to a weeklong strike that shut down bus routes in Phoenix.
- The Latest: Phoenix bus drivers' union accepts new deal Updated: Jan-15-16 5:11 pm
PHOENIX - The latest on a tentative agreement in Phoenix's weeklong bus strike (all times local):
- Rauner asks labor board to rule if union talks at impasse Updated: Jan-15-16 4:45 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The acidic word-war between Gov. Bruce Rauner and the union members who staff state government took a formal turn Friday with the Republican executive asking state labor regulators to determine whether year-old negotiations have stalled.
- Northeastern U. reaches 1st labor deal with adjunct faculty Updated: Jan-14-16 3:35 pm
BOSTON - Northeastern University says it has forged its first labor contract with a union representing adjunct faculty.
- California Editorial Roundup Updated: Jan-13-16 12:24 pm