- Caterpillar closing 5 more plants amid low demand Updated: Apr-28-16 6:49 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Caterpillar Inc. says it will close five more factories - including an Oxford, Mississippi, plant - as the Peoria, Illinois-based heavy equipment maker reacts to slowing demand for construction and mining equipment worldwide by cutting capacity.
- More layoffs announced at Wyoming coal mines Updated: Apr-28-16 1:40 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - Alpha Natural Resources is laying off 37 workers at its Belle Ayr and Eagle Butte mines in northeast Wyoming.
- Eaton to cut 42 jobs at south-central Kansas plant Updated: Apr-28-16 1:28 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - Eaton Corp. says it is cutting 30 percent of its jobs at a Hutchinson, Kansas, hydraulics plant, affecting 42 workers.
- More layoffs issued at Department of Children and Families Updated: Apr-27-16 5:06 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - More workers at Connecticut's Department of Children and Families are receiving layoff notices.
- H&R Block cuts 250 jobs, citing disappointing tax season Updated: Apr-27-16 9:56 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - H&R Block says it's laying off 250 workers, citing a disappointing tax season.
- Big changes for chemical dependency services in Yankton Updated: Apr-27-16 7:56 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - Chemical dependency programs in Yankton are changing, with a reduction in youth services and an expansion of adult services.
- Intel reportedly laying off 560 at 2 Chandler facilities Updated: Apr-26-16 7:50 pm
PHOENIX - Intel reportedly is laying off 560 employees at two Chandler facilities.
- Intel warns Oregon it's cutting 784 workers near Portland Updated: Apr-26-16 4:25 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Intel has notified Oregon officials that it plans to lay off nearly 800 workers in the Portland suburbs.
- Union Tank Car to lay off 224 workers Updated: Apr-26-16 1:01 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Houston-based Union Tank Car Co. plans to lay off about 224 workers at its Louisiana plant beginning in late June as a result of a drop in demand for railcars.
- Planned Intel job cuts create uncertainty in New Mexico city Updated: Apr-25-16 6:31 pm
RIO RANCHO, New Mexico - A massive Intel plant has been a cornerstone in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, for nearly a generation.
- Bob Evans to close 27 restaurants, layoff 1,100 Updated: Apr-25-16 12:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Restaurant chain Bob Evans Farms is closing 27 underperforming locations and laying off 1,100 workers in attempt to boost profits.
- The Latest: Obama meeting with European leaders Updated: Apr-25-16 8:51 am
HANNOVER, Germany - The Latest on President Barack Obama's visit to Germany (all times local):
- UNM to cut 16 education center jobs across state Updated: Apr-24-16 2:07 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico is cutting 16 positions across six education centers to save on operating costs.
- Halliburton cuts 6,000 jobs amid slowdown in drilling Updated: Apr-22-16 6:13 pm
HOUSTON - Halliburton Co. said Friday that it cut more than 6,000 jobs in the first quarter, continuing a purge at the oilfield-services company that has reduced its workforce by one-third since late 2014.
- Oklahoma Human Services warns of layoffs, service cuts Updated: Apr-22-16 5:15 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's Department of Human Services warned stakeholders Friday of catastrophic cuts to programs and services for vulnerable residents, the possible closures of county offices and more employee layoffs amid the state's budget crisis.
- Uranium miner Cameco to cut 85 jobs in Wyoming, Nebraska Updated: Apr-22-16 5:01 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Uranium miner Cameco Corp. will cut 85 jobs, or one-third of its U.S. workforce, in Wyoming and Nebraska amid persistent low prices for the nuclear fuel.
- Schlumberger reduces workforce by about 2,500 in 1Q Updated: Apr-22-16 2:41 pm
HOUSTON - Schlumberger NV trimmed its workforce by about 2,500 people in the first quarter as the company's profit slumped 49 percent amid the continuing slump in oil and gas drilling.
- Jefferson Community and Technical College cuts 61 staff jobs Updated: Apr-22-16 10:38 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Jefferson Community and Technical College has announced it is laying off 61 employees - about 14 percent of its staff.
- One UK steel town, one crisis that affects the nation Updated: Apr-22-16 2:47 am
PORT TALBOT, Wales - To Mark Turner, the Tata Steel plant in this small Welsh town isn't just a factory. The steel worker sees two dragons, the plant's blast furnaces, breathing fire into the dawn sky over a town where monks first built a forge in the Middle Ages.
- Hattiesburg teacher cuts affected popular programs Updated: Apr-21-16 11:11 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg Public School District officials are for the first time discussing in detail the job cuts that were made earlier this month.
- Northern Alabama County lays off workers, cuts office hours Updated: Apr-21-16 7:08 am
MOULTON, Alabama - A northern Alabama county is laying off employees and reducing hours in some departments.
- Glasgow plant to close, lay off 191 employees by mid-2017 Updated: Apr-20-16 7:50 pm
GLASGOW, Kentucky - Dana Corp. employees in Glasgow have learned the plant will close by mid-2017.
- University of Illinois planning layoffs Updated: Apr-20-16 6:15 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign is planning layoffs as a result of the state financial crisis, according to an email from a school administrator, marking the first time the university system's flagship campus has turned to job cuts amid the budget stalemate.
- Norfolk Southern idles Tennessee rail yard and cuts 135 jobs Updated: Apr-20-16 4:23 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Norfolk Southern is eliminating 135 jobs and reducing operations at a rail yard in Tennessee as part of its overall response to reduced freight traffic.
- Gulf Island warns of possible layoffs Updated: Apr-20-16 8:31 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - A Texas company with a facility in Louisiana may lay off 227 workers in early June if it fails to win bids on upcoming projects.