- Avon to cut 650 jobs as part of cost reductions Updated: Dec-11-13 10:46 am
- Some ex-IP workers offered tuition discount Updated: Dec-09-13 8:11 pm
- Conn. withdraws Supreme Court appeal over layoffs Updated: Dec-09-13 5:05 pm
- Defense company BAE says 135 losing jobs in York Updated: Dec-09-13 3:01 pm
- Airbus parent EADS to cut 5,800 jobs in overhaul Updated: Dec-09-13 1:40 pm
- Big Rivers send layoff notices to workers Updated: Dec-07-13 5:41 pm
- McGraw-Hill axes 27 workers in Dubuque Updated: Dec-05-13 9:52 am
- Harvard Bioscience cutting 13 percent of jobs Updated: Dec-04-13 10:52 am
- Iowa City cutting 2 people from its payroll Updated: Dec-04-13 10:14 am
- Dutch insurer Achmea to cut 4,000 jobs Updated: Dec-04-13 4:38 am
- Pa. House debates economic furloughs at schools Updated: Dec-03-13 3:37 pm
- Potash Corp. to cut more than 1,000 jobs Updated: Dec-03-13 3:34 pm
- Forest Labs to cut 500 jobs in $500M restructuring Updated: Dec-02-13 4:33 pm
- Iowa City may lay off 2 workers at housing agency Updated: Nov-30-13 5:04 am
- Environmental company lays off 91 in Ky Updated: Nov-28-13 12:50 pm
- Sears Canada to lay off nearly 800 workers Updated: Nov-26-13 6:08 pm
- Waterton Global Mining lays off 182 in Nevada Updated: Nov-26-13 2:09 pm
- Golden Sunlight Mine laying off 13 by year's end Updated: Nov-26-13 12:46 pm
- Pixar lays off up to 5 percent on 'Dinosaur' delay Updated: Nov-22-13 5:59 pm
- Simplot lays off workers from Caldwell plant Updated: Nov-22-13 4:03 pm
- First Data Corp. to cut 550 jobs in Colorado Updated: Nov-22-13 7:35 am
- 450 Hanford workers to be laid off Updated: Nov-21-13 7:43 pm
- Tribune Co. to cut 700 jobs at newspaper division Updated: Nov-20-13 3:37 pm
- Casper's Wyo Medical Center imposes spending cuts Updated: Nov-20-13 9:35 am
- Caterpillar to close Pulaski plant, lay off 240 Updated: Nov-20-13 7:55 am
NEW YORK - Avon said Wednesday that it plans to eliminate about 650 jobs as part of its ongoing plan cut costs by $400 million.
COURTLAND, Alabama - Two community colleges are offering tuition discounts to some workers being laid off from an International Paper plant in northwestern Alabama.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut has withdrawn an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court challenging a ruling that former Gov. John Rowland's administration violated the constitutional rights of 2,800 state employees it laid off in 2003, state Attorney General George Jepsen said Monday.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Global defense contractor BAE Systems PLC says it us cutting 135 jobs at its York facility over the next three months.
PARIS - European air and defense company EADS, the parent company of Airbus, said Monday it is cutting 5,800 jobs over the next two years as part of a major overhaul to reduce costs and refocus on civil aviation.
OWENSBORO, Kentucky - Big Rivers Corp. expects to trim its workforce by 165 positions when it idles two of its generating plants, a spokesman for the western Kentucky utility said.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - McGraw-Hill has eliminated the jobs of 27 people at its home office in Dubuque.
HOLLISTON, Massachusetts - Medical instruments maker Harvard Bioscience said Wednesday that it will eliminate about 50 jobs, or 13 percent of its workforce, to save money and plans to reinvest some of the savings in expanding its business in China.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The City Council has approved laying off two employees in the city housing department.
AMSTERDAM - One of the largest insurers in the Netherlands, Achmea NV, says it will cut 4,000 jobs, which represents around 20 percent of its workforce.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania public schools would have wider latitude to furlough employees during tough economic times and would not have to start with the least senior workers under proposals that were debated Tuesday in the state Capitol.
TORONTO - Potash Corp. is cutting more than 1,000 jobs, about 18 percent of its workforce, because of slumping demand for potash and phosphate, two key fertilizer ingredients.
NEW YORK - Forest Laboratories says it plans to cut about 500 jobs as part of a plan to trim $500 million in costs over the next two years.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Federal budget cuts may force the city of Iowa City to lay off two employees at its low-income housing agency.
PADUCAH, Kentucky - An environmental services company has dropped 91 employees and an associated contractor has cut another 10 positions.
TORONTO - Sears Canada is laying off nearly 800 employees across its operations as it moves ahead with a multi-year plan to reduce operating costs.
WINNEMUCCA, Nevada - A Toronto-based mining company announced Tuesday it is pausing operations at two northern Nevada properties and laying off 182 workers.
BUTTE, Montana - Managers at the Golden Sunlight Mine near Whitehall are offering employee buyouts in an effort to eliminate 13 jobs by the end of the year due to a drop in gold prices.
LOS ANGELES - Disney subsidiary Pixar is laying off up to 5 percent of its 1,200 employees after it pushed back the release of "The Good Dinosaur" to November 2015 from next May.
CALDWELL, Idaho - J.R. Simplot Co. is laying off 262 workers from its potato processing plant in Caldwell in southwestern Idaho.
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colorado - First Data Corp. is cutting its Colorado workforce by 550 employees.
RICHLAND, Washington - Three Hanford nuclear reservation contractors are planning to lay off a combined 450 workers, with most of those pink slips coming in the next two months.
CHICAGO - Tribune Co. says it's eliminating about 700 jobs as part of a restructuring of its newspaper business.
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming Medical Center in Casper says it's imposing cost-cutting measures that include unpaid furloughs for managers and directors but no layoffs.
PULASKI, Virginia - Caterpillar Inc. is shutting down its mining equipment plant in Pulaski, laying off 240 workers.