- Watonga prison lays off nearly 100 employees Updated: Apr-18-14 9:10 am
- Shoe company laying off 56 workers in Hot Springs Updated: Apr-18-14 8:28 am
- La-Z-Boy cutting 100 jobs in North Carolina Updated: Apr-16-14 7:18 pm
- Report: California utility plans job cuts Updated: Apr-15-14 4:59 pm
- Peoria school district lays off 200 workers Updated: Apr-15-14 7:22 am
- Citigroup's earnings edge higher in first quarter Updated: Apr-14-14 5:01 pm
- Iowa's popular governor suddenly put on defense Updated: Apr-14-14 12:53 pm
- Textron lays off 128 as Army contract runs out Updated: Apr-12-14 1:34 pm
- Layoffs at Pearl River County hospital Updated: Apr-12-14 10:04 am
- Oshkosh Corp. laying off 760 from defense division Updated: Apr-10-14 5:13 pm
- Family Dollar to close stores as shoppers pinched Updated: Apr-10-14 5:13 pm
- CBC announces 657 jobs cuts Updated: Apr-10-14 1:22 pm
- BAE Systems lays off 18 Hattiesburg employees Updated: Apr-10-14 6:29 am
- Vegas-area water agencies laying off 101 workers Updated: Apr-09-14 6:59 pm
- Bank of America to cut 3,000 overseas jobs Updated: Apr-09-14 9:38 am
- Intel eliminates 1,500 jobs in Costa Rica Updated: Apr-08-14 9:31 pm
- Construction firms worried about worker shortage Updated: Apr-08-14 4:35 pm
- Cuba slashes more than 100,000 health care jobs Updated: Apr-07-14 6:35 pm
- Rural hospitals align with larger ones to survive Updated: Apr-06-14 11:04 am
- 5 signs US job market may finally be accelerating Updated: Apr-06-14 10:20 am
- Air Force: Illinois air base to lose 99 jobs Updated: Apr-05-14 11:02 am
- Job cuts top 300 at Advance Publications in NJ, PA Updated: Apr-04-14 11:28 am
- NJ's largest paper, Star-Ledger, cuts 40 news jobs Updated: Apr-03-14 12:49 pm
- Camden schools plan to lay off 400 staff Updated: Apr-03-14 8:37 am
- Poultry company announces layoffs at Dothan plant Updated: Apr-02-14 4:14 pm
WATONGA, Oklahoma - A privately run prison in Watonga is laying off nearly 100 of its employees.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Citing competition in the industry, a Hot Springs shoe manufacturer has announced plans to lay off more than half of its workforce at its Lake Catherine Footwear facility, leaving 56 people out of work.
MONROE, Michigan - La-Z-Boy Inc. is closing two facilities and eliminating 100 jobs in North Carolina as part of a larger restructuring of its business.
LOS ANGELES - One of California's largest utilities is poised to cut hundreds of jobs.
PEORIA, Illinois - Peoria's school board has voted to lay off nearly 200 employees - mostly full- and part-time teachers.
NEW YORK - Citigroup's first-quarter earnings rose, helped by declines in expenses and provisions for bad loans. The earnings improved even as revenue from mortgage refinancing and bond trading fell.
DES MOINES, Iowa - In Terry Branstad's nearly 20 years as governor of Iowa, he has earned a reputation for steady management, frugality and a distinct absence of drama. Gray-haired, smiling and always attired in a crisp business suit, he's been a model of Midwestern stability and owner of a public approval rating over 60 percent.
NEW ORLEANS - Textron Marine & Land Systems has laid off 128 employees after a contract to refurbish armored vehicles for the U.S. Army expired.
POLARVILLE, Mississippi - Pearl River County Hospital and Nursing Home has eliminated 19 positions and reduced hours for other workers to address financial problems.
MILWAUKEE - Oshkosh Corp. said Thursday it plans to eliminate about 760 jobs from its defense division this summer, or 29 percent of the group's workforce, a decision driven by lower demand for its mine-resistant trucks and other military vehicles.
NEW YORK - Dollar stores are feeling the pinch from mounting financial pressures on low-income shoppers.
TORONTO - The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation says it is slashing 657 positions over two years to cope with a massive budget shortfall.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - BAE Systems - a global defense, security and aerospace company that employs about 88,200 workers in the United States and other counties around the world - is reducing its workforce in Hattiesburg.
LAS VEGAS - The Southern Nevada Water Authority and Las Vegas Valley Water District plan to lay off 101 employees in a move aimed at saving the agencies millions.
NEW YORK - Bank of America says it's cutting about 3,000 jobs overseas as part of ongoing reviews of its global operations.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Chipmaker Intel announced Tuesday that it is eliminating 1,500 jobs from its assembly and test operation in Costa Rica, a blow to a country that has used Intel's presence to build a high-tech sector. More bad news hit hours later when a Bank of America subsidiary said it would lay off 1,400 employees in Costa Rica.
DENVER - The construction industry says it's in danger of running short on workers to keep up with the demand for building projects, as employees age and more teens are pushed to go to college. To counter the effect, a top construction trade group kicked off an effort Tuesday to help bolster the employment ranks.
HAVANA - Cuban authorities say they have eliminated more than 100,000 jobs in health care, considered one of the pillars of the 1959 revolution.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Rural hospitals are facing a financial crisis that threatens many Mississippians' access to doctors, said Dr. Luke Lampton, chairman of the state Board of Health.
WASHINGTON - Few people responded to the March jobs report with high-fives and cheers. But there may be reasons to applaud in the months ahead.
MASCOUTAH, Illinois - The Air Force says roughly 100 jobs are being phased out in a unit that provides technical services at a southwestern Illinois air base.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Company officials now say the job cuts at the news operations of Advance Publications in New Jersey and Pennsylvania will top 300.
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey's largest newspaper is cutting about 170 jobs, including 25 percent of its newsroom positions, as it moves to consolidate operations and cut costs.
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Camden school officials say they must lay off one-fifth of their staff as enrollment is dropping.
DOTHAN, Alabama - A poultry processing company announced Wednesday that it plans to lay off more than 500 workers at a southeast Alabama plant.