- Tensions rise on Iron Range as steel talks near deadline Updated: Aug-30-15 5:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Tensions are rising on Minnesota's Iron Range as a deadline approaches in steelworkers' contract talks.
- Johnson Controls may lay off up to 197 employees Updated: Aug-29-15 3:28 pm
GLENDALE, Wisconsin - Wisconsin-based Johnson Controls Inc. plans to suspend work on a major information technology project, a move that could mean up to nearly 200 layoffs in its West Allis office.
- Richmond-based International Mission Board to cut jobs Updated: Aug-28-15 5:11 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The International Mission Board, the Richmond-based missionary agency of the Southern Baptist Convention, has revealed that it will reduce its staff in the U.S. and abroad by about 15 percent.
- Freeport-McMoRan cuts more spending; Icahn discloses stake Updated: Aug-27-15 5:43 pm
PHOENIX - Activist investor Carl Icahn said late Thursday that he has taken an 8.5-percent stake in Freeport-McMoRan, just hours after the mining company announced cost cuts and lower spending in response to declining copper prices and soft economic conditions worldwide.
- CenturyLink lays off 150 Colorado workers Updated: Aug-27-15 5:23 am
DENVER - CenturyLink has laid off about 150 workers in Colorado as part of a company-wide effort to manage expenses.
- Trinity Marine Products to close in Port Allen, cut 283 jobs Updated: Aug-26-15 5:02 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A barge manufacturing plant in the Port Allen area plans to close this fall, meaning a loss of more than 280 jobs.
- CNH announces more layoffs at Grand Island plant Updated: Aug-26-15 8:31 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Officials for a farm implement plant in Grand Island say 70 more employees will be losing their jobs.
- La Salle University lays off 3 percent of workforce Updated: Aug-26-15 7:02 am
PHILADELPHIA - La Salle University's new president has announced the Philadelphia school has laid off 23 employees just two months into her tenure.
- Boeing plans to lay off some Southern California workers Updated: Aug-26-15 5:40 am
LOS ANGELES - Boeing Co. has announced that it plans to lay off employees at its Southern California-based satellite division.
- Caterpillar announces another round of layoffs Updated: Aug-25-15 7:24 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Caterpillar Inc. has announced it is laying off another 475 workers in its customer service operations, including 300 in the Peoria area.
- More layoffs announced at Fargo's CNH Industrial plant Updated: Aug-25-15 8:52 am
FARGO, North Dakota - One of Fargo's top employers is planning more layoffs due to slumping sales.
- Dutch nutritional supplement maker DSM to cut 900-1,100 jobs Updated: Aug-25-15 4:07 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch nutritional supplements and chemicals company Royal DSM NV says it is laying off between 900 and 1,100 staff worldwide as part of a reorganization of its businesses.
- LePage: Mill layoffs show need for tax, energy changes Updated: Aug-21-15 5:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage says the elimination of 300 jobs at a Maine mill underscores the need to reduce the state's taxes and energy costs.
- A&P tells workers they face Thanksgiving layoffs Updated: Aug-21-15 1:02 pm
MONTVALE, New Jersey - A&P has told nearly 4,000 workers at 45 supermarkets in New Jersey that they face layoffs on Thanksgiving Day.
- Chevron starts layoffs at Covington office Updated: Aug-21-15 12:03 pm
COVINGTON, Louisiana - Chevron has started to eliminate jobs at its Covington office as part of global layoffs sparked by low oil prices. The company has not disclosed how deep the cuts will be.
- Stillwater CEO: Mine still is a competitor despite layoffs Updated: Aug-20-15 2:47 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Production at the Stillwater Mine near Nye was put to a halt after the company announced it would be laying off more than 100 workers.
- 300 workers at Verso Paper mill in Jay to be laid off Updated: Aug-20-15 11:50 am
JAY, Maine - Verso Paper Corp. will significantly scale back production in Maine, costing 300 jobs at its mill in Jay, officials with the Tennessee-based company Thursday.
- Ala Media Group cuts jobs in 3 cities Updated: Aug-18-15 6:53 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama Media Group is laying off at least 15 people all together at its three main hubs in Birmingham, Huntsville and Mobile in a move announced Tuesday.
- Eastern Illinois laying off 67 with more to come Updated: Aug-18-15 1:56 pm
CHARLESTON, Illinois - Eastern Illinois University President David Glassman says the school is laying off 67 employees and says more people will lose jobs as the school wrestles with declining enrollment and financial uncertainties.
- Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School board OKs 41 job cuts Updated: Aug-18-15 9:14 am
MIDLAND, Pennsylvania - The board of the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School has cut 41 jobs after failing to do so earlier this month.
- Iowa receives $3M to help workers laid off from Deere & Co. Updated: Aug-14-15 5:49 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa has received a roughly $3 million federal grant to help up to 650 employees laid off by Deere & Co.
- Motorola Mobility to cut 500 jobs in Chicago in coming weeks Updated: Aug-13-15 5:23 pm
CHICAGO - Motorola Mobility says it's cutting 500 jobs at its Chicago headquarters, about a quarter of its workforce.
- Motorola Mobility to cut 500 jobs in Chicago in coming weeks Updated: Aug-13-15 5:13 pm
CHICAGO - Motorola Mobility has announced it is cutting 500 jobs at its Chicago headquarters, about a quarter of its workforce of about 2,000.
- Union Pacific to cut hundreds of management jobs Updated: Aug-13-15 11:34 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Union Pacific will cut hundreds of management jobs as the amount of coal shipped by railroads continues to plunge.
- Kraft Heinz layoffs include 165 in Madison Updated: Aug-13-15 10:22 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Kraft Heinz's plan to cut hundreds of jobs includes dozens of nonunion positions in Madison.