- Group to help displaced workers find work in Peoria area Updated: Oct-09-15 4:08 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Peoria area workers at Caterpillar and other companies who suddenly find themselves out of work will be getting help finding work in the region.
- Big northwestern Pennsylvania employer warns of layoffs Updated: Oct-08-15 4:29 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - One of the largest employers in northwestern Pennsylvania says it'll reduce its workforce through retirements and layoffs.
- Monsanto to eliminate 2,600 jobs, posts 4Q loss Updated: Oct-07-15 3:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Monsanto Co. said Wednesday it will eliminate 2,600 jobs as part of a cost-saving plan designed to deal with falling sales of its biotech seeds and herbicides, which pushed its quarterly losses deeper into the red.
- Drury to cut 12 jobs because of lower enrollment Updated: Oct-07-15 11:56 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Drury University has announced plans to cut a dozen jobs amid lower student enrollments.
- Baker schools superintendent announces more layoffs Updated: Oct-07-15 10:51 am
BAKER, Louisiana - Nine more teachers and staff have been laid off from the Baker School System, according to Superintendent Herman Brister Sr..
- Alpha to idle 2 southern West Virginia mines, lay off 92 Updated: Oct-07-15 7:45 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Alpha Natural Resources plans to idle two coal mines in southern West Virginia and lay off 92 workers at the end of November.
- Business closing in Bloomington months after big layoff Updated: Oct-06-15 3:34 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - An aftermarket electronics repair company that laid off 320 workers from its Bloomington operations in February now plans to shut down those facilities.
- Patriot Coal expects to lay off more than 2,000 workers Updated: Oct-06-15 2:37 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Patriot Coal says it expects the sale of its assets to result in the layoffs of more than 2,000 workers at its West Virginia operations.
- Patriot Coal expects to lay off more than 2,000 workers Updated: Oct-06-15 11:50 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Patriot Coal says it expects to lay off more than 2,000 workers in West Virginia.
- Nasty Air France labor dispute drags in French government Updated: Oct-06-15 9:23 am
PARIS - The union activists chanted "Naked, naked" as they singled out two Air France executives and ripped off their suit jackets and shirts, and suddenly the French government found itself drawn into a violent labor dispute unusual even in a country with habitually nasty relations between management and staff.
- Rhode Island Blood Center to lay off 10 percent of staff Updated: Oct-05-15 4:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Blood Center is cutting about 10 percent of its staff and eliminating smaller blood drives to offset the costs of screening for an emerging tickborne disease.
- Barge maker to close facility, resulting in 336 layoffs Updated: Oct-05-15 2:28 pm
MADISONVILLE, Louisiana - A barge manufacturer says it will close a facility on the Tchefuncte River and lay off 336 workers.
- Delta Air Lines to cut undisclosed number of support jobs Updated: Oct-05-15 1:23 pm
ATLANTA - Delta Air Lines Inc. plans to cut an undisclosed number of management and salaried jobs to boost productivity in the face of sluggish revenue growth.
- Plymouth cheese plant to close, eliminating 300 jobs Updated: Oct-03-15 2:46 pm
PLYMOUTH, Wisconsin - Dairy Farmers of America has announced plans to close a cheese plant in Plymouth, eliminating 300 jobs.
- Weakness and strength: 7 snapshots of the US job market Updated: Oct-03-15 10:06 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. job market no longer looks quite so robust.
- Illinois tax break deals yield uncertain results for state Updated: Oct-02-15 5:19 pm
CHICAGO - A newspaper analysis shows that companies who receive tax breaks through Illinois' primary job-creation program often don't add jobs and sometimes even lay off workers.
- Wal-Mart HQ cuts with 'need to become a more agile company' Updated: Oct-02-15 4:11 pm
NEW YORK - Wal-Mart laid off 450 workers at its headquarters Friday as the world's largest retailer attempts to become more nimble so that it can better compete with the likes of Amazon.com.
- ConAgra cuts 1,500 jobs; moving HQ from Omaha to Chicago Updated: Oct-01-15 5:32 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - ConAgra Foods will eliminate 1,500 jobs - which represents 30 percent of its office-based workforce - and move its headquarters to Chicago from Omaha, Nebraska, with the goal of creating a more-efficient packaged food company.
- Joy Global cutting 85 workers in northwestern Pennsylvania Updated: Oct-01-15 10:43 am
FRANKLIN, Pennsylvania - A northwestern Pennsylvania company that manufactures mining machinery is laying off 85 workers beginning Nov. 20.
- Caterpillar announces 230 layoffs at factory in East Peoria Updated: Oct-01-15 9:47 am
EAST PEORIA, Illinois - Caterpillar Inc. says it is indefinitely laying off 230 workers at its plant in East Peoria.
- Spain's Repsol energy firm plans 1,500 job cuts over 3 years Updated: Oct-01-15 6:49 am
MADRID - Spanish energy company Repsol plans to eliminate 6 percent of its workforce by 2020, meaning about 1,500 job cuts for the company's roster of 25,000 employees.
- Governor closing museums, shooting range in budget standoff Updated: Sep-30-15 9:13 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner on Wednesday closed state museums and a sport-shooting complex because of Illinois' budget crisis, even though most staff will still report to work and the museum's board chairman says the savings will amount to "peanuts."
- Joy Global to lay off 109 union employees in Milwaukee Updated: Sep-30-15 6:31 pm
MILWAUKEE - Joy Global Inc. plans to lay off 109 union workers and terminate four non-union employees at the company's mining equipment factory in Milwaukee.
- Magellan Health to lay off 80 in Baton Rouge Updated: Sep-30-15 4:43 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Magellan Health says it will lay off 80 workers at its care management center in Baton Rouge beginning Nov. 30 because it' losing a contract with the state to manage mental health and addictive disorder services for Medicaid patients.
- North Fork coal mine hit with more layoffs Updated: Sep-30-15 10:22 am
PAONIA, Colorado - More coal jobs are being cut in Colorado's North Fork Valley with nearly 100 layoffs planned at a mine near Paonia.