- Firm says project would provide $16.3M benefit to Arkansas Updated: May-22-15 7:10 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A defense project Arkansas hopes to land with an incentive package will provide a $16.3 million net benefit to the state over a 25-year period, a consultant hired by the Legislature said in a report issued Friday ahead of next week's special session.
- Iowa economic development board OKs investment funding Updated: May-22-15 6:51 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The department that oversees economic development in Iowa says it has approved investment funding that will eventually create more than 1,300 jobs in the state.
- Texas jobless rate holds steady at 4.2 percent in April Updated: May-22-15 2:03 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas unemployment rate for April held steady at 4.2 percent, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
- Mohawk Industries to add 100 jobs in Eden Updated: May-22-15 7:49 am
EDEN, North Carolina - Mohawk Industries is expanding its operations in Rockingham County, adding more than 100 jobs.
- Automotive supplier investing $13M to build Pulaski plant Updated: May-22-15 4:04 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - An automotive supplier is investing more than $13 million to build a new manufacturing facility in Giles County that is expected to create 147 jobs.
- Comcast to open Tucson support center, hire 1,125 workers Updated: May-21-15 8:20 pm
PHOENIX - Cable provider Comcast plans to open a new customer support center in Tucson and hire more than 1,100 workers to staff the facility.
- Republicans move to restructure Walker's job creation agency Updated: May-21-15 8:05 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican lawmakers on the Legislature's finance committee moved Thursday to restructure Gov. Scott Walker's struggling job creation agency, approving a plan to remove the governor as chairman, dramatically reduce the agency's reserves and eliminate a program that would fund regional loans.
- Senate committee rejects $4 million for commuter rail study Updated: May-21-15 5:26 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A push to extend commuter rail from Boston into New Hampshire hit a snag Thursday when a state Senate committee rejected plans to spend $4 million to study the expansion.
- Walker misses jobs promise by about 121,000 jobs Updated: May-21-15 3:35 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker made it only about halfway toward fulfilling his signature 2010 campaign promise - repeated in the 2012 recall - that 250,000 private sector jobs would be created over four years under his leadership.
- Minnesota adds jobs while unemployment rate barely budges Updated: May-21-15 12:31 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's employment rolls grew by 7,400 last month but the unemployment rate barely budged.
- ConAgra plans to expand eastern Iowa plant, add 55 jobs Updated: May-21-15 10:11 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - ConAgra Foods says it plans to expand its Waterloo plant and add 55 jobs to the local payroll.
- Indiana State Fair to hold job fair, wants to hire 500 Updated: May-21-15 8:04 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Fair organizers hope to hire more than 500 seasonal workers for this year's event.
- 2 Virginia Beach companies to expand, add more than 180 jobs Updated: May-20-15 8:17 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia Beach officials say more than 180 jobs will be created by the expansion of two companies' headquarters.
- Board approves adding deductibles to employee health plans Updated: May-19-15 6:21 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's insurance board voted Tuesday to add deductibles and increase out-of-pocket payments in state employees' health care plans in a move designed to save an estimated $85 million over the next two years.
- Operations begin at power plant in northern Illinois Updated: May-19-15 10:23 am
NELSON, Illinois - A natural gas-fired power generation plant has started commercial operations in the northern Illinois community of Nelson.
- NY report measures tax exemptions, job gains Updated: May-19-15 3:04 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's comptroller reports that the state's industrial development agencies received $660 million in tax exemptions in 2013, up $105 million from 2012.
- Missouri GOP lawmakers use numbers to cut social safety net Updated: May-18-15 7:51 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Republicans leveraged their large majorities in the Missouri Legislature to slash welfare and unemployment benefits this year in an effort they say will spur some people to find work and help businesses. But Democrats call the changes an "all-out attack" on the poor.
- Wolf, business leaders, clash over proposed natural-gas tax Updated: May-18-15 7:07 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf clashed Monday with a coalition of more than a dozen business groups that is trying to derail his proposed severance tax on natural-gas drilling, charging that they are putting gas and oil interests ahead of the schools and children that Wolf says will benefit from his plan.
- Expansion soccer team plans $250 million Los Angeles stadium Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Major League Soccer's expansion Los Angeles Football Club plans to build a $250 million stadium on the site of the old Sports Arena next to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Jindal, company announce $135M expansion in Louisiana Updated: May-18-15 10:43 am
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - W.R. Grace & Co. and Chevron Products Co. will build a $135 million residue hydro-processing catalyst production plant and additional alumina capacity at the existing Grace manufacturing facility near Lake Charles.
- Kankakee paint roller company expanding, to add 40 new jobs Updated: May-18-15 8:49 am
KANKAKEE, Illinois - A Kankakee company that makes painting tools is expanding its facility and adding jobs.
- AirEvac Lifeteam helicopter has arrived in Opelousas Updated: May-17-15 5:40 pm
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - The AirEvac Lifeteam helicopter has arrived in Opelousas.
- Indiana Limestone Co. back on solid ground after bankruptcy Updated: May-16-15 5:22 pm
OOLITIC, Indiana - A southern Indiana limestone supplier known for furnishing the Empire State Building and the Pentagon's facades is back on solid ground a year after filing for bankruptcy protection.
- Walker tells Republicans he transformed Wisconsin Updated: May-16-15 2:25 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker told Wisconsin Republicans on Saturday that in his four-plus years in office he has transformed the state by enacting numerous conservative priorities, including defunding Planned Parenthood, legalizing concealed carry and weakening public union power.
- Analysis: Arkansas session puts focus back on jobs Updated: May-16-15 1:10 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An effort to lure a major defense contract to south Arkansas is offering Gov. Asa Hutchinson a chance to put the focus back on jobs weeks after a legislative session that ended with an unexpected fight over a religious objections law.