- Nearly 140-year-old hotel in Maquoketa undergoes renovation Updated: Apr-24-16 11:19 am
MAQUOKETA, Iowa - Mary McAreavy Lewis paused and glanced up the grand staircase, her hand resting on the polished wooden banister.
- Flooding drops Congaree National Park visitors by 27 percent Updated: Apr-22-16 12:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Historic flooding in October led to a steep decline in attendance at South Carolina's only national park.
- National parks in Arizona drew 11 million visitors in 2015 Updated: Apr-21-16 6:56 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's national parks drew 11.7 million visitors last year who spent over $932 million in the state.
- United 1Q profit falls 38 percent despite cheaper jet fuel Updated: Apr-20-16 5:37 pm
DALLAS - United Airlines reported a 38 percent drop in first-quarter profit as higher taxes offset some of the gains from cheaper jet fuel.
- Airline boardings continue to decline in North Dakota Updated: Apr-20-16 12:40 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Passenger numbers continue to decline at North Dakota's eight commercial service airports.
- China official spending on perks well under budget last year Updated: Apr-20-16 7:24 am
BEIJING - Amid an ongoing austerity drive, China's once-lavish government spending on overseas travel, vehicles and entertainment was almost 15 percent below budget last year, the Finance Ministry said Wednesday.
- New report says tourists spending more money in Las Vegas Updated: Apr-16-16 7:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Tourists are spending more money on their trips to Sin City, according to a new report by the Las Vegas tourism board.
- Tourism to France rose in 2015 despite Paris attacks Updated: Apr-08-16 3:26 pm
PARIS - The overall number of tourists visiting France in 2015 rose marginally compared with the year before to reach an all-time high despite the two deadly attacks in Paris in January and November.
- Gillette, or bust Updated: Apr-06-16 5:39 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - Some are saying now may be one of the nation's worst energy downturns, with oil, natural gas and coal all seeing historically low prices at the same time.