- Colorado tourism numbers sets record in 2015 Updated: Jun-24-15 5:05 am
DENVER - A record 71.3 million visitors spent $18.6 billion in Colorado in 2014, setting a record for the state's tourism industry.
- New Hampshire visitors, spending going up this summer Updated: Jun-23-15 4:04 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire tourism officials are expecting more than 15.9 million out-of-state visitors this summer, 3 percent more than last summer.
- Illicit drugs 'rampant' in California state prisons Updated: Jun-21-15 2:37 pm
VACAVILLE, California - California inmates are dying of drug overdoses at nearly triple the national rate and it's unclear whether the tough steps state officials took this year to stop illicit drugs from getting into prisons are having any effect, though they are prompting criticism from civil rights advocates.
- New Hampshire posts fourth-best ski season at resorts Updated: Jun-21-15 11:51 am
LINCOLN, New Hampshire - This past ski season in New Hampshire is considered the fourth best on record, with over 2.5 million visits to resorts.
- Colorado ski visits drop slightly from last year's record Updated: Jun-12-15 8:53 am
DENVER - Colorado ski resorts saw slightly lower visitation this season than last, with most seeing less than 1 percent fewer visits in 2014-15 compared to 2013-14.
- Tourism in Big Island increases Updated: Jun-09-15 1:20 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Tourism has increased in the Big Island and is expected to be a main economic driver for the next few years.
- Low snowfall means fewer skier visits to Vail Resorts Updated: Jun-09-15 9:25 am
RENO, Nevada - A Vail Resorts earnings report blames low snowfall for a 33 percent drop in skier visits at its three California locations.