- Offshore demand resurrects Houma's Leevac shipyard Updated: Apr-19-14 1:04 am
- Brazilian auto parts maker opening facility in Pa. Updated: Apr-18-14 2:46 pm
- June groundbreaking planned for Osceola steel mill Updated: Apr-18-14 2:11 pm
- Organic food firm coming to central Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-18-14 9:52 am
- Shoe company laying off 56 workers in Hot Springs Updated: Apr-18-14 8:28 am
- ND orders Killdeer plant to close for inspection Updated: Apr-17-14 8:35 pm
- Trail delayed for former sweetener plant CEO Updated: Apr-17-14 6:25 pm
- AP Exclusive: Turner had more than $4M on line Updated: Apr-17-14 5:22 pm
- Tiny power plants hold promise for nuclear energy Updated: Apr-17-14 5:08 pm
- State seeks to move offenders into Southeast Texas Updated: Apr-17-14 3:08 pm
- Tobacco supplier Universal to enter food business Updated: Apr-17-14 11:07 am
- Ill. county gives mine-expansion plan a boost Updated: Apr-17-14 10:52 am
- China factories face new challenge as growth slows Updated: Apr-17-14 9:52 am
- W.Va. miner charged with bomb threat against mine Updated: Apr-17-14 8:52 am
- Spokane taking over waste-to-energy plant Updated: Apr-17-14 8:37 am
- Printing plant in Evansville set for closure Updated: Apr-17-14 7:52 am
- Japanese firm to open production plant in Alabama Updated: Apr-17-14 7:46 am
- State help for Northern Beef was about $4.3M Updated: Apr-16-14 7:21 pm
- La-Z-Boy cutting 100 jobs in North Carolina Updated: Apr-16-14 7:18 pm
- 2 House Dems pressing inquiry into Tenn. VW vote Updated: Apr-16-14 6:28 pm
- Shell holds meeting on Pennsylvania plant proposal Updated: Apr-16-14 6:26 pm
- Environmental groups slam Pa. smog proposal as lax Updated: Apr-16-14 6:22 pm
- Fermi 2 nuclear plant shuts for fix to transformer Updated: Apr-16-14 4:11 pm
- Officials gather in ND to discuss new EPA rules Updated: Apr-16-14 4:06 pm
- Refiner credit bill expanded to fertilizer plant Updated: Apr-16-14 2:32 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - With oil and gas companies thirsting for more supplies on deepwater platforms and rigs, orders for new ships to truck everything from drilling mud to macaroni and cheese have climbed. That demand has one old Houma shipyard roaring back to life.
CHAMBERSBURG, Pennsylvania - A Brazilian car parts manufacturer is planning to break ground later this month in northeastern Pennsylvania for its first U.S. facility.
OSCEOLA, Arkansas - Groundbreaking on a planned $1.1 billion steel mill in northeast Arkansas is expected to take place in late June.
DUBOIS, Pennsylvania - A company that specializes in premium and organic food and drink products plans to open a production facility in central Pennsylvania that's expected to create 100 jobs.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Citing competition in the industry, a Hot Springs shoe manufacturer has announced plans to lay off more than half of its workforce at its Lake Catherine Footwear facility, leaving 56 people out of work.
KILLDEER, North Dakota - State health officials have ordered a facility in western North Dakota that handles radioactive material to cease operations immediately.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The criminal trial of former Mamtek CEO Bruce Cole has been delayed until December by a St. Charles County judge presiding over the case.
INDIANAPOLIS - House Speaker Pro Tem Eric Turner earned nearly $8 million selling nursing homes in the last two years and stands to earn between $1 million and $2 million on projects now being developed, thanks in part to legislation he helped block this year.
PARIS - Small underground nuclear power plants that could be cheaper to build than their behemoth counterparts may herald the future for an energy industry under intense scrutiny since the Fukushima disaster, the incoming head of the Nuclear Energy Agency told The Associated Press.
HOUSTON - Southeast Texas officials say they were never notified by the state of plans to relocate to their county two-dozen sex offenders classified as among the state's most dangerous.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The world's leading supplier and processor of leaf tobacco is venturing beyond the cash crop into the food business.
HARRISBURG, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois county is giving a lift to a St. Louis-based coal producer's plans to expand an underground mine.
HONG KONG - As China's growth inexorably slows, manufacturers such as Linan Meite Cable are discovering that being an efficient low-cost producer is no longer enough to prosper.
WAYNESBURG, Pennsylvania - A West Virginia man has been jailed on charges he phoned in a bomb threat to the southwestern Pennsylvania mine where he worked because he couldn't find a baby sitter to watch his 8-year-old daughter during his shift last week.
SPOKANE, Washington - Spokane is taking over operation of the city incinerator that burns waste to generate electricity.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The company that owns an Evansville printing plant says it will be shutting it down in June and eliminating nearly 60 jobs.
VANCE, Alabama - A Japanese automotive supplier is planning to open a new production facility in Tuscaloosa County, the latest addition to the area's growing automotive industry.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - U.S. Senate candidates talking about the idled Northern Beef Packers plant in northeast South Dakota have tossed out figures for taxpayer losses ranging from nothing to $80 million, but a breakdown from state agencies shows the actual number is closer to $4.3 million.
MONROE, Michigan - La-Z-Boy Inc. is closing two facilities and eliminating 100 jobs in North Carolina as part of a larger restructuring of its business.
WASHINGTON - Two House Democrats said Wednesday they are beginning their own inquiry into whether Tennessee state officials may have violated "or otherwise run afoul of" federal law by their alleged conduct ahead of a vote by workers at a Volkswagen factory in Chattanooga, Tennessee, that rejected a bid to be represented by the United Auto Workers union.
ALIQUIPPA, Pennsylvania - A plan to build a huge new petrochemical plant in western Pennsylvania is making progress, Shell Oil Co. officials said Wednesday - but there's still no guarantee the multi-billion dollar project will actually be constructed.
Environmental groups say Pennsylvania's federally mandated plan to reduce smog would allow coal-fired power plants to emit more pollution than they do now.
FRENCHTOWN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - DTE Energy Co. says it's shut down the Fermi 2 nuclear power plant to replace one of the two main transformers.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple on Wednesday signaled a potential legal challenge to proposed federal rules aimed at cutting carbon dioxide emissions from coal-fired power plants and oil refineries.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill that would offer tax credits to help in-state refiners has been expanded to include the now-shuttered Agrium Inc. plant in Nikiski.