- Cuomo awards $715.9M in job grants to 824 projects Updated: Dec-11-13 6:41 pm
- 2 Little Rock wastewater leaders suspended Updated: Dec-11-13 2:26 pm
- Sartori planning $14 million expansion/renovation Updated: Dec-11-13 1:14 pm
- Suggs named Toyota Miss. VP of administration Updated: Dec-11-13 9:13 am
- Bell Helicopter announces new assembly facility Updated: Dec-11-13 6:28 am
- Deal will keep Ohio tank plant running Updated: Dec-11-13 5:56 am
- NRC: Monticello power plant can increase output Updated: Dec-10-13 8:41 pm
- California among states vying for Boeing jet plant Updated: Dec-10-13 7:56 pm
- Fort Cove gets new geothermal plant Updated: Dec-10-13 5:24 pm
- Court: Tax on Vt. nuclear plant might be OK Updated: Dec-10-13 3:55 pm
- Clark hails importance of Kansas ethanol industry Updated: Dec-10-13 1:01 pm
- Chobani expanding production at Twin Falls plant Updated: Dec-10-13 10:53 am
- Arch operation in W.Va. begins longwall mining Updated: Dec-10-13 10:37 am
- Honeywell to build new plant in Geismar Updated: Dec-10-13 9:53 am
- Former Beech-Nut factory in NY sold to developer Updated: Dec-10-13 8:18 am
- Entergy Gulf States Louisiana inks deal with Sasol Updated: Dec-10-13 6:22 am
- Bowling Green plant expanding to Simpson County Updated: Dec-10-13 4:06 am
- Nixon outlines plan for new mental hospital Updated: Dec-09-13 9:23 pm
- Jobs vs environment in Pinelands pipe plan fracas Updated: Dec-09-13 5:30 pm
- New Zealand company to open Kearney plant, office Updated: Dec-09-13 5:25 pm
- Defense company BAE says 135 losing jobs in York Updated: Dec-09-13 3:01 pm
- Ukraine's east still backs closer ties with Russia Updated: Dec-09-13 12:54 pm
- Fire contained at Arkansas nuclear plant Updated: Dec-09-13 12:31 pm
- American Bridge Co. begins W. Pa. plant shutdown Updated: Dec-09-13 9:23 am
- PBS Hawaii land sale raises money for new facility Updated: Dec-09-13 8:04 am
ALBANY, New York - New York state awarded $715.9 million in grants Wednesday to spark job growth statewide by funding proposals such as high-tech mega-projects, major commercial developments and tourism.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two Little Rock Wastewater Utility leaders have been suspended amid questions over the utility's arrangement for a manager to live rent-free at a sewage plant.
ANTIGO, Wisconsin - The Sartori cheese company plans to spend $14 million to expand and renovate its plants in Antigo and Plymouth.
BLUE SPRINGS, Mississippi - Officials at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi near Blue Springs are building Corollas at a faster pace to keep up with demand.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Texas-based Bell Helicopter says it is building a helicopter assembly plant in Lafayette to assemble the company's new line of SLS - Short Light Single - helicopters.
LIMA, Ohio - U.S. Senate and House negotiators are planning to provide as much as $90 million to keep the production line running at an Ohio tank manufacturing plant.
MINNEAPOLIS - Xcel Energy Inc. has won federal regulators' approval to boost output at its Monticello nuclear power plant.
LONG BEACH, California - California is one of at least a half-dozen states vying for Boeing's attention as the aircraft giant selects a production site for its new 400-seat 777X jetliner.
SALT LAKE CITY - Two companies are being recognized by a trade association for overcoming obstacles to build an expensive geothermal power plant in Utah.
NEW YORK - A federal appeals court in Manhattan said Tuesday that the legality of a tax on Vermont's only nuclear plant is best left up to a state court. But it rejected some of the plant operator's arguments against the tax anyway.
PRATT, Kansas - A strong ethanol industry is vital to national security because it reduces U.S. reliance on foreign oil-producing countries, retired Army Gen. Wesley Clark said during a speech at the newly reopened Pratt Energy ethanol plant in southern Kansas.
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Greek yogurt company Chobani says it is increasing production at its Twin Falls plant and adding production of a new "light" yogurt called Simply 100.
GRAFTON, West Virginia - Arch Coal Inc. says longwall mining is underway at its Leer mine in northern West Virginia.
GESISMAR, Louisiana - Honeywell says it will build a new auto-refrigerant manufacturing plant at its Geismar facility.
CANAJOHARIE, New York - Beech-Nut is selling its former baby food production plant in the Mohawk Valley to a company specializing in the rehabilitation of old industrial buildings.
NEW ORLEANS - Entergy Gulf States Louisiana has signed a six-year power supply deal with the South African energy company behind a planned $7 billion petrochemical project in Westlake.
FRANKLIN, Kentucky - A Bowling Green company that needed to expand has decided to do so in neighboring Simpson County.
FULTON, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon announced Monday he wants to issue bonds to pay for improvements to a state mental health facility, where the wards are "cramped, loud and deteriorating" and have led to injuries to patients and staff.
GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - The age-old jobs-versus-the-environment clash is playing out again, this time in the New Jersey Pinelands, a million-acre spread of protected woods and wetlands that happens to be in the way of a proposed pipeline to fuel an old coal-burning power plant with natural gas.
KEARNEY, Nebraska - A New Zealand company plans to move its headquarters to Kearney and set up a production plant for its biomass resin product.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Global defense contractor BAE Systems PLC says it us cutting 135 jobs at its York facility over the next three months.
YENAKIYEVO, Ukraine - In the Ukrainian president's eastern hometown, the buildings are grimy with black soot from the surrounding coal mines. The air is thick with pollutants. The men here die young, sometimes from industrial accidents.
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - A transformer caught fire at a nuclear power plant in Arkansas on Monday, forcing utility officials to take one of two units at the facility offline.
CORAOPOLIS, Pennsylvania - American Bridge Co. has begun shutting down a western Pennsylvania fabricating plant, and will eventually lay off 77 workers in the process.
HONOLULU - PBS Hawaii is selling a plot of land in Waikiki for $3.5 million.