- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs Updated: Mar-09-14 3:02 pm
- Developers for biofuel beets plant turn to growers Updated: Mar-09-14 11:20 am
- State sues over North Pole refinery contamination Updated: Mar-08-14 5:28 pm
- Massachusetts energy company plans Groveton plant Updated: Mar-08-14 9:28 am
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup Updated: Mar-08-14 2:32 am
- Nature reserve fights Franklin Co. concrete plant Updated: Mar-07-14 5:28 pm
- SD lawmakers look at economic development agency Updated: Mar-07-14 5:20 pm
- Groups seek investigation into plant's power woes Updated: Mar-07-14 2:41 pm
- Ford shifting truck production from Mexico to Ohio Updated: Mar-07-14 1:38 pm
- Cameco uranium mine proposal given final OK by BLM Updated: Mar-07-14 11:49 am
- Feds: Dominion nuke plants operated safely in 2013 Updated: Mar-07-14 7:35 am
- Mohawk Industries to build $180M tile plant in TN Updated: Mar-06-14 6:32 pm
- House passes bill to block Obama climate plan Updated: Mar-06-14 6:12 pm
- Proposed Michigan sewage plant concerns Hoosiers Updated: Mar-06-14 11:49 am
- Firm drops North Vegas waste-to-energy plant idea Updated: Mar-06-14 11:22 am
- Manitowoc landmark coming down Updated: Mar-06-14 5:04 am
- Auto parts company announces new Ohio plant, jobs Updated: Mar-06-14 3:04 am
- Record fine proposed for coal mining operations Updated: Mar-06-14 1:27 am
- Miss. House passes bills to restrict labor unions Updated: Mar-05-14 8:05 pm
- 2 men guilty in sale of trade secrets to China Updated: Mar-05-14 7:22 pm
- Consent decree filed in Mississippi sewage case Updated: Mar-05-14 6:59 pm
- Environmental group sues Ameren over coal plants Updated: Mar-05-14 3:18 pm
- FDA doesn't approve Lilly-Boehringer diabetes drug Updated: Mar-05-14 2:11 pm
- Chobani expanding plant in south-central Idaho Updated: Mar-05-14 1:02 pm
- Pa. nuclear reactor unit shut down Updated: Mar-05-14 11:11 am
TUCSON, Arizona - City officials confirmed Sunday that they have made a bid for electric-car maker Tesla Motors to consider Tucson for the site of a massive battery factory that would employ 6,500 people.
FARGO, North Dakota - Backers of a proposed project in North Dakota that would turn a variety of sugar beets into ethanol have preached patience for the last five years. Now they're looking for a commitment from farmers to sweeten the deal.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The state of Alaska has sued current and former owners of a North Pole refinery, claiming both caused or failed to stop a chemical spill that has damaged soil and groundwater.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A proposal to convert part of a shuttered North Country paper mill into a transfer station for natural gas could create more than 80 jobs and cut the town of Groveton's tax bills in half.
TOKYO - There is something surprising in the radioactive wreck that is the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant: opportunity. To clean it up, Japan will have to develop technology and expertise that any nation with a nuclear reactor will one day need.
GRAY SUMMIT, Missouri - The Missouri Botanical Garden hopes Franklin County zoning officials will think twice about allowing a concrete plant to be built near its nature preserve.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Allegations of misconduct in the state's economic development agency focus only on a former employee, the head of the agency told state lawmakers Friday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Environmental and citizens' groups are asking Indiana regulators to launch a formal investigation into problems and delays that have sharply limited the power output of Duke Energy's $3.5 billion coal-gasification plant.
AVON LAKE, Ohio - Ford Motor Co. is announcing that it will build its Ford F-650 and F-750 trucks at its assembly plant west of Cleveland.
LANDER, Wyoming - The Bureau of Land Management has given final approval for a uranium mine in Fremont County.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Federal regulators say Dominion Virginia Power's two nuclear power plants operated in a manner that preserved public health and safety in 2013.
DICKSON, Tennessee - Mohawk Industries says it will build a $180 million tile plant in Dickson County, creating 320 new jobs over the next four years.
WASHINGTON - Aiming at the heart of President Barack Obama's strategy for fighting climate change, the Republican-controlled House voted Thursday to block the administration's plan to limit carbon pollution from new power plants.
ELKHART, Indiana - From his screened-in porch, Dave Gunn can see it all - turkey, deer, coyotes and more.
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - A company is dropping its bid to build a waste-burning gasification power plant in North Las Vegas.
MANITOWOC, Wisconsin - Demolition work has started to remove a mammoth landmark that has stood in downtown Manitowoc for more than a century.
MONROE, Ohio - An auto parts manufacturer says it will build a $50 million plant in southwest Ohio that is expected to result in 150 jobs.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is proposing a record fine for thousands of water pollution violations by coal mine operators in five Appalachian states.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are moving ahead with a package of bills to restrict some labor union organizing and picketing practices.
SAN FRANCISCO - Two men were convicted Wednesday of stealing an American company's secret recipe for making a chemical used to whiten products from cars to the middle of Oreo cookies and selling it to a competitor controlled by the Chinese government.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Two companies have agreed to assess and improve 18 Mississippi wastewater treatment facilities and wastewater collection and transmission systems that were accused of releasing untreated raw sewage and other waste in violation of the Clean Water Act.
ST. LOUIS - A national environmental group has made good on its promise to sue a St. Louis-based utility over what it calls thousands of violations of federal clean air laws.
NEW YORK - Drugmakers Eli Lilly and Boehringer-Ingelheim said Tuesday that the Food and Drug Administration didn't approve their diabetes treatment empagliflozin because of concerns about a facility where the drug will be made.
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Twin Falls officials in south-central Idaho have approved a $3.5 million expansion of a Greek yogurt plant operated by Chobani.
LIMERICK, Pennsylvania - Operators shut down one of the reactors at a suburban Philadelphia nuclear plant due to a problem with the system that controls the flow of steam to the turbine.