- Madigan: Corporate tax breaks need review Updated: Dec-11-13 8:16 pm
- Office Depot move raises tax-break issue again Updated: Dec-10-13 7:29 pm
- Office Depot picks Boca Raton for headquarters Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Former Massey HQ in Va. now apartment building Updated: Nov-27-13 11:31 am
- Microsoft to take over Nokia HQ in 2014 after deal Updated: Nov-21-13 11:44 am
- LG Electronics breaks ground on NJ headquarters Updated: Nov-14-13 4:47 pm
- GM to move int'l office from Shanghai to Singapore Updated: Nov-13-13 8:08 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - House Speaker Michael Madigan on Wednesday sharply criticized corporate requests for tax breaks like those Illinois lawmakers considered earlier this month and says he's unlikely to support deals for companies that pay little in taxes.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois will lose 1,600 jobs after Office Depot said Tuesday that it will keep its headquarters in Florida after its merger with Naperville-based OfficeMax. The move comes just a week after the state Legislature declined to give the company millions in tax breaks.
BOCA RATON, Florida - Office Depot has picked Boca Raton, Florida, for its global headquarters, choosing that location over the Illinois home of its merger partner OfficeMax.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Massey Energy's former headquarters in Richmond has been converted to an apartment building.
HELSINKI - Nokia says its headquarters near the Finnish capital will be taken over by Microsoft on completion of the sale of its cellphone and services division to the U.S. software company, expected in early 2014.
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, New Jersey - Protesters were on hand as LG Electronics broke ground on a planned corporate headquarters above tree-lined cliffs on the New Jersey side of the Hudson River.
BEIJING - General Motors Co. said Wednesday that it will move its international headquarters from Shanghai to Singapore, a trophy for the tropical city-state that is aggressively promoting itself as a global business center.