- SpaceX aims to send 'Red Dragon' capsule to Mars in 2018 Updated: Apr-27-16 4:47 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - SpaceX is shooting for Mars.
- NASA astronauts prepare for flight on commercial spacecraft Updated: Apr-27-16 9:10 am
ST. LOUIS - Five years after the last NASA astronauts flew from Cape Canaveral, Florida, to the International Space Station, a new group is preparing for a trip, this time on a private spacecraft.
- Hubble Telescope finds tiny moon orbiting dwarf planet Updated: Apr-26-16 4:07 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Chalk up a moon for the icy dwarf planet Makemake.
- Lens used during Apollo mission sells for more than $450,000 Updated: Apr-22-16 1:18 pm
BOSTON - A camera lens used during the Apollo 15 space mission in 1971 has been sold at auction for more than $450,000.
- Attorney objects to judge appointment in telescope case Updated: Apr-22-16 9:24 am
HILO, Hawaii - A Honolulu attorney is asking the state to find another hearings officer to oversee the next contested case for the construction of the Thirty Meter Telescope over concerns of a conflict of interest.
- China plans to land on Mars by 2020 Updated: Apr-22-16 6:46 am
BEIJING - Work is proceeding quickly on China's planned mission to land a rover on Mars by 2020, the chief administrator of the country's ambitious space program said Friday.
- Great American Eclipse draws tourists to path of totality Updated: Apr-21-16 9:09 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Where's the best place to watch next year's eclipse? If you're thinking the grand open spaces of Wyoming, you have plenty of company.
- Univ. of Arizona prof gets fellowship for space research Updated: Apr-21-16 5:56 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A University of Arizona astrophysicist has won a prestigious fellowship that she plans to use for research on black holes and a type of extremely dense stars.
- Study: Dinosaurs were declining long before asteroid hit Updated: Apr-18-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Dinosaurs were in decline long before an asteroid strike polished them off about 66 million years ago, a study says.
- 2017 solar eclipse to draw crowds in Paducah, Hopkinsville Updated: Apr-17-16 11:02 am
PADUCAH, Kentucky - As tourists from across the globe prepare to snag the best spot for the 2017 solar eclipse, local officials from Carbondale to Hopkinsville are planning for their arrival.
- Area glass artist making art of rocket science Updated: Apr-17-16 3:06 am
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - Rik Allen was 11 years old when "Star Wars" came out. He was a self-described "science fiction nerd."
- Stephen Hawking joins futuristic bid to explore outer space Updated: Apr-12-16 5:22 pm
NEW YORK - With famed physicist Stephen Hawking at his side, an Internet investor announced Tuesday that he's spending $100 million on a futuristic plan to explore far outside our solar system.
- NASA's JPL is such a hot ticket that now you need a ticket Updated: Apr-12-16 4:43 pm
PASADENA, California - NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory is such a hot ticket that that now you'll need a ticket for the event formerly called "Open House."
- NASA's planet-hunting Kepler Spacecraft in emergency mode Updated: Apr-10-16 2:34 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - NASA is trying to resuscitate its planet-hunting Kepler spacecraft, in a state of emergency nearly 75 million miles away.
- SpaceX delivers world's 1st inflatable room for astronauts Updated: Apr-10-16 11:59 am
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - SpaceX has made good on a high-priority delivery: the world's first inflatable room for astronauts.
- UNL's Behlen Observatory to host open house on Friday Updated: Apr-08-16 8:03 pm
MEAD, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Behlen Observatory is hosting an open house to let the public stargaze.
- Space station getting inflatable room, a cosmic 1st Updated: Apr-07-16 3:30 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Forget blowup air mattresses. Space station astronauts are getting their first inflatable room.
- Murphy to visit Zika virus researchers in Palm Beach Updated: Apr-03-16 3:01 am
JUPITER, Florida - Democratic Congressman Patrick Murphy will be visiting the Scripps Research Institute in Jupiter to meet with researchers combatting the Zika virus.
- EXCHANGE: Metal artist creates monument for solar eclipse Updated: Apr-01-16 6:40 am
MAKANDA, Illinois - Dave Dardis is the quintessential artist, a man who chose his art in tandem with his lifestyle way back when, and has been the way he is since anyone around here has known him.
- UW-Madison celebrates $35M contract for South Pole project Updated: Mar-30-16 2:56 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scientists with the University of Wisconsin-Madison who are monitoring a neutrino telescope at the South Pole are celebrating a $35 million commitment from the National Science Foundation to keep the project going for five more years.