- Astrophysicist appointed to WVU Board of Governors Updated: Aug-28-15 3:07 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - An astrophysicist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center is the newest member of West Virginia University's Board of Governors.
- Buzz Aldrin joins university, forming 'master plan' for Mars Updated: Aug-27-15 6:18 pm
MELBOURNE, Florida - Buzz Aldrin is teaming up with Florida Institute of Technology to develop "a master plan" for colonizing Mars within 25 years.
- Q&A: The legal battle over a giant telescope atop Mauna Kea Updated: Aug-26-15 7:38 pm
HONOLULU - Long before dozens of people were arrested while protesting against building a giant telescope atop Hawaii's Mauna Kea, there were years of environmental studies, public hearings and court proceedings. The Hawaii Supreme Court on Thursday is scheduled to hear oral arguments in a lawsuit challenging the project's permit from the state land board to build the telescope on conservation land.
- New observatory opening in Carroll County Updated: Aug-22-15 5:37 pm
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - A new observatory is opening in Carroll County.
- NASA, Idaho State University team up to research lava flow Updated: Aug-13-15 6:14 pm
ARCO, Idaho - Idaho State University and NASA are collaborating on research that may help scientists find life on other planets and improve radar to land rovers more safely on Mars.
- Meteor to blame for strange Portland fire? Scientist says no Updated: Aug-13-15 2:42 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Residents of a southeast Portland neighborhood say a meteor might have caused a small fire.
- Perseid meteor shower best viewed late Updated: Aug-12-15 8:34 am
DENVER - Those looking to spot a shooting star have a good chance overnight as long as they get to the right location.
- Meteor shower likely to be good, won't be eclipsed by moon Updated: Aug-11-15 1:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Want to wish upon a shooting star? The skies over the United States are likely to cooperate for a meteor shower overnight Wednesday.
- Stargazing set at Shiawassee Wildlife Refuge Updated: Aug-11-15 4:13 am
SPAULDING TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Space is the final frontier, and Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge is hoping to get more young people interested in exploring it.
- Q&A: A look at the science on Hawaii's Mauna Kea Updated: Aug-07-15 5:27 pm
HONOLULU - Atop Hawaii's Mauna Kea, where some Native Hawaiians have been peacefully protesting the construction of what would be one of the world's largest telescopes, astronomers have spent the past 40 years observing our universe and helping make some of the most significant discoveries in their field.