- Yankees' Robertson expects to rejoin team soon Updated: Apr-19-14 6:11 pm
- Teixeira plays in 2nd extended spring game Updated: Apr-18-14 1:51 pm
- Nats' Fister throws 2 innings at extended spring Updated: Apr-17-14 6:26 pm
- Nationals owner says payroll 'beyond topped out' Updated: Apr-04-14 2:08 pm
- MLB draws record average crowd for spring training Updated: Apr-01-14 3:06 pm
- Smith, Denorfia lift Padres to 3-1 win over LA Updated: Mar-31-14 3:31 am
- Appel pitches Astros to 6-1 win over Veracruz Updated: Mar-30-14 7:35 pm
- Arizona back home, Giants open season in desert Updated: Mar-30-14 5:59 pm
- Ausmus, Tigers host Royals in opener Updated: Mar-30-14 3:47 pm
- Yankees RHP Pineda ready for big league return Updated: Mar-30-14 1:56 pm
- Trout homers in Angels' 6-2 win over Dodgers Updated: Mar-30-14 1:14 am
- Astros slam Rangers 13-6 for Alamodome sweep Updated: Mar-29-14 10:25 pm
- Castro back for spring finale, Cubs beat D'backs Updated: Mar-29-14 10:06 pm
- Young impresses Mariners in 2-1 loss to Rockies Updated: Mar-29-14 9:03 pm
- Giants, A's rained out in exhibition finale Updated: Mar-29-14 8:50 pm
- Smith, Headley homer as Padres beat Indians 9-8 Updated: Mar-29-14 8:45 pm
- Willingham hits 1st HR, Twins beat Red Sox 7-4 Updated: Mar-29-14 8:26 pm
- Reds lose to Bats 1-0 in shortened game Updated: Mar-29-14 8:17 pm
- Cabrera's HR lifts Jays over Mets 2-0 in Montreal Updated: Mar-29-14 8:11 pm
- Fister on DL; Tigers-Nationals game rained out Updated: Mar-29-14 7:39 pm
- Marlins-Yankees spring training finale rained out Updated: Mar-29-14 3:57 pm
- Trout, Angels agree to $144.5 million, 6-year deal Updated: Mar-29-14 1:00 pm
- Dodgers top Angels after teams play through 'quake Updated: Mar-29-14 3:12 am
- Rockies' Chatwood leaves start with leg injury Updated: Mar-29-14 2:41 am
- Gillaspie has 3 hits, White Sox beat Double-A team Updated: Mar-29-14 2:03 am
TAMPA, Florida - Yankees closer David Robertson pitched in an extended spring training game for the first time since being sidelined by a groin strain and expects to rejoin the team Tuesday.
TAMPA, Florida - New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira singled in five at-bats Friday during his second extended spring training game since injuring his right leg.
WASHINGTON - Right-hander Doug Fister threw two innings at extended spring training in Florida and could join the Nationals in about three weeks "assuming all goes well," manager Matt Williams said.
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals owner Mark Lerner says the club's payroll is "beyond topped out" and that his family is "not going to do something where we're losing tens of millions of dollars a year."
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball says spring training games drew a record average of 8,078 fans, up 7.3 percent from last year's 7,527.
HOUSTON - Mark Appel, the top pick in last year's draft, pitched three scoreless innings in his first spring training start to help the Houston Astros beat Mexican League team Rojos del Aguila de Veracruz 6-1 on Sunday in their exhibition finale.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks played their "home" opener 7,800 miles away from Phoenix.
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus expects to approach his managerial debut with the same relaxed attitude he showed throughout spring training.
ANAHEIM, California - Mike Trout homered in his second at-bat hours after finalizing a contract extension, and the Los Angeles Angels beat the Dodgers 6-2 Saturday night in the final preseason game for both clubs.
SAN ANTONIO - Jesus Guzman and George Springer hit consecutive home runs in the first inning, Jonathan Meyer had a grand slam in the fifth and a Houston Astros split squad rolled to a 13-6 victory over the Texas Rangers in the Alamodome on Saturday.
PHOENIX - Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro returned from a hamstring injury Saturday and played his first spring training game since March 2 in Chicago's 9-8 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Chris Young tossed shutout ball in his Seattle debut Saturday, providing a much-needed pitching boost for the Mariners as they closed spring training with a 2-1 loss to the Colorado Rockies.
SAN DIEGO - Seth Smith and Chase Headley homered, and Yonder Alonso hit a three-run double to lead the San Diego Padres to a 9-8 victory against the Cleveland Indians in their spring training finale Saturday at the University of San Diego's Fowler Park.
FORT MYERS, Florida - Josh Willingham finally hit his first home run of the spring in Minnesota's exhibition finale, and the Twins beat the Boston Red Sox 7-4 on Saturday.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Homer Bailey pitched three innings without problem, showing he has recovered from a groin injury, and the Cincinnati Reds ended their spring training schedule by losing to their Triple-A Louisville Bats team 1-0 on Saturday in a rain-shortened game.
MONTREAL - Melky Cabrera's two-run homer in the eighth inning gave the Toronto Blue Jays a 2-0 victory over the New York Mets on Saturday and a sweep of their two-game exhibition series at an Olympic Stadium packed with former Montreal Expos fans.
WASHINGTON - Stephen Strasburg and Taylor Jordan were selected by the Washington Nationals in the 2009 amateur draft. While Strasburg was the first name off the board, Jordan was the first player picked eight rounds later.
TAMPA, Florida - Yankees captain Derek Jeter had his final spring training game rained out.
LOS ANGELES - Mike Trout and the Los Angeles Angels agreed Friday night to a $144.5 million, six-year contract, keeping baseball's brightest young star under club control through 2020.
LOS ANGELES - Playing through an earthquake that was felt in the ballpark, the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Angels 5-4 in 10 innings Friday night after rookie Joc Pederson hit a tying home run in the eighth.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Conor Gillaspie had three hits and the Chicago White Sox used eight relievers to beat the Double-A Birmingham Barons 5-2 Friday night in their final exhibition game.