- Durbin calls for Russian troops to leave Ukraine Updated: Mar-05-14 7:04 pm
- Tymoshenko says West must stop Russian aggression Updated: Mar-05-14 4:34 pm
- Hagel: Total troop withdrawal could pose problems Updated: Feb-27-14 9:38 am
- US general: Grim Afghan future if no security pact Updated: Feb-26-14 3:20 pm
- Iraq turns to Sunni tribes, but distrust remains Updated: Feb-13-14 1:05 pm
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin is condemning Russia for sending military troops into the Crimean region of Ukraine.
KIEV, Ukraine - Yulia Tymoshenko, Ukraine's former prime minister, urged the West on Wednesday to ramp up pressure on Russia to force it to withdraw troops from Crimea.
BRUSSELS - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says withdrawing all U.S. military advisers from Afghanistan after the combat mission ends in December would risk an "erosion of confidence" among Afghan security forces.
BAGRAM AIR FIELD, Afghanistan - Depicting a grim future for Afghanistan without U.S. help, the top U.S. military officer said Wednesday that Afghanistan's refusal to sign a security agreement with the United States may make the fight more difficult this year, embolden the enemy and prompt some Afghan security forces to cooperate with the Taliban to "hedge their bets."
BAGHDAD - Iraqi officials have begun recruiting thousands of Sunni fighters on the government payroll, supplying weapons to other volunteer tribal fighters and pledging millions of dollars in aid to restive Anbar province as they try to beat back extremist Sunni jihadi militants.