- News outlets urge Syria rebels to halt abductions Updated: Dec-11-13 5:17 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Dec-11-13 3:34 pm
- Mother Teresa: Remarkable person, remarkable day Updated: Dec-11-13 2:48 pm
- NY court: Reporter shielded in Colo. shooting case Updated: Dec-10-13 4:11 pm
- 2 Spanish journalists kidnapped in Syria Updated: Dec-10-13 9:49 am
- NYT reporters sue Homeland Security in FOIA fight Updated: Dec-09-13 9:56 pm
- AP reporter Alan Zagier wins staff honor Updated: Dec-09-13 6:35 pm
- Cliff Brunt appointed AP sports writer in Oklahoma Updated: Dec-09-13 4:00 pm
- China withholds visas for NYT, Bloomberg reporters Updated: Dec-09-13 3:42 am
- Journalists: Rising hostility to press in Ecuador Updated: Dec-07-13 2:02 pm
- Ohio auction features items from Nancy Drew author Updated: Dec-07-13 11:16 am
- Recent Minnesota AP football Players of the Year Updated: Dec-05-13 9:51 pm
- AP appoints Brummitt as Southeast Asia news editor Updated: Dec-05-13 8:16 pm
- Biden spotlights China treatment of US journalists Updated: Dec-05-13 11:25 am
- Akron SVSM's Dante Booker Jr. is AP Mr. Football Updated: Dec-04-13 6:41 pm
- Ohio Associated Press Mr. Football award winners Updated: Dec-04-13 6:38 pm
- Pope's call for church to be one of action draws raves Updated: Dec-04-13 3:18 pm
- Author, journalism professor Roat dies at 67 Updated: Dec-04-13 2:49 pm
- Ball State journalism students headed to Sochi Updated: Dec-04-13 4:08 am
- Autopsy planned in shooting of Alzheimer's patient Updated: Nov-29-13 3:28 pm
- 50 years after death, C.S. Lewis is as popular as ever Updated: Nov-27-13 2:16 pm
- 4 foreign journalists get Press Freedom Awards Updated: Nov-26-13 11:37 pm
- CBS: Lara Logan, producer ordered to take leave Updated: Nov-26-13 9:51 pm
- Former UA baseball coach to receive Gomez Award Updated: Nov-26-13 7:29 pm
- Cocaine bust derails fledgling GOP congressman Updated: Nov-23-13 3:08 pm
BEIRUT - Major international news organizations sent a letter to the leadership of the armed opposition in Syria Wednesday, calling for urgent action against rebel groups increasingly targeting journalists for kidnappings.
Duluth News Tribune, Dec. 10
Mother Teresa was having a bad press conference.
ALBANY, New York - A Fox News reporter is protected by New York law from being forced to reveal her sources for a story about the suspect in the mass shooting that left 12 people dead in a suburban Denver movie theater last year, the state's top court ruled Tuesday.
BEIRUT - The families of two Spanish journalists abducted in Syria by an al-Qaida linked group nearly three months ago appealed publicly for their release Tuesday, after failing to make contact with the captors via intermediaries.
NEW YORK - Two reporters for The New York Times have sued the Department of Homeland Security after they were questioned at an airport as they headed to overseas assignments.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alan Scher Zagier, a St. Louis-based reporter for The Associated Press, was named the AP's Fred Moen Kansas-Missouri 2013 Staffer of the Year for coverage of higher education and law enforcement.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Cliff Brunt, a veteran sports reporter who has covered the Super Bowl, Olympics, NBA and college athletics over a 17-year career, is returning to The Associated Press as its lead sports reporter in Oklahoma.
BEIJING - Chinese authorities have been withholding residence visas for reporters working for The New York Times and Bloomberg in apparent retaliation for the agencies' investigative stories on wealth accumulated by leaders' families.
QUITO, Ecuador - Investigative journalist Juan Carlos Calderon received multiple death threats after launching something rare in the claustrophobic media climate of today's Ecuador, a digital magazine exposing high-level corruption.
TOLEDO, Ohio - Typewriters and a desk from the home of an author who brought a young sleuth named Nancy Drew to life are going up for auction.
Recent winners of the Minnesota Associated Press Player of the Year award for prep football:
BANGKOK - Chris Brummitt, Vietnam chief of bureau for The Associated Press, has been promoted to the new role of Southeast Asia news editor, responsible for text coverage and operations across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
BEIJING - Casting a spotlight on China's controls on the media, Vice President Joe Biden met with U.S. journalists working in Beijing Thursday after publicly criticizing how they're treated by China's government.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Dante Booker Jr. is doing his part to make Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary known for football instead of just the alma mater of a certain NBA player.
2013_Dante Booker Jr., Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary, LB-FB, 6-4, 220, sr. Recorded 87.5 tackles, including 18 for minus yardage, during Fighting Irish's perfect regular season and No. 1 ranking in Division III AP poll. Led a defense that allowed only a touchdown per game as SVSM earned spot in state championship game. Son of a former Auburn player. Committed to Ohio State.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - It's hard to wrestle with the crucial moral and cultural issues in modern Argentina without getting Catholic and Protestant leaders into the same room.
LUDINGTON, Michigan - Author and retired journalism professor Ronald Clair Roat has died at his Ludington home in western Michigan. He was 67.
MUNCIE, Indiana - Student journalists from a Ball State University immersive learning program are heading to Sochi, Russia, for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
CHICKAMAUGA, Georgia - An autopsy has been scheduled for this weekend for a 72-year-old Alzheimer's patient who was shot after authorities say he wandered into a darkened yard in Georgia, officials in the rural area reported Friday.
Even though it has been 50 years since his death, the faithful at Headington Parish Church in Oxford, England, are constantly reminded of the loyal, but rather quiet, parishioner who always occupied the same short pew hidden by a sanctuary pillar.
NEW YORK - Four foreign journalists were honored with Press Freedom Awards Tuesday evening recognizing their work in the face of severe reprisals, including physical threats and imprisonment.
NEW YORK - CBS ordered "60 Minutes" correspondent Lara Logan and her producer to take a leave of absence Tuesday following a critical internal review of their handling of the show's October story on the Benghazi raid, based on a report on a supposed witness whose story can't be verified.
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Former University of Arkansas baseball coach Norm DeBriyn has been named the recipient of the 2014 Lefty Gomez Award by the American Baseball Coaches Association.
FORT MYERS, Florida - From the outset, U.S. Rep. Trey Radel - a brash and digitally savvy darling of the political right - was determined to make a name for himself. And so he has.