- Cam Newton wins NFL Most Valuable Player award Updated: Feb-06-16 9:46 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Cam Newton has won The Associated Press NFL Most Valuable Player award in a landslide.
- Carolina's Ron Rivera wins Coach of Year for 2nd time Updated: Feb-06-16 9:30 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Ron Rivera has won The Associated Press NFL Coach of the Year award for the second time in three years.
- J.J. Watt wins NFL Defensive Player award Updated: Feb-06-16 8:55 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - J.J. Watt has won The Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year award for the third time.
- Chiefs CB Peters wins top defensive rookie award Updated: Feb-06-16 8:46 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Kansas City's Marcus Peters is the first cornerback in 17 years to win The Associated Press NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award.
- KC safety Berry recovers from lymphoma, wins comeback award Updated: Feb-06-16 8:36 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Kansas City safety Eric Berry, who missed 10 games the previous season battling lymphoma, then returned to the Chiefs to become an All-Pro, has won The Associated Press NFL Comeback Player of the Year award.
- Cam Newton wins NFL Offensive Player award Updated: Feb-06-16 8:23 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Cam Newton's spectacular season has earned him The Associated Press NFL Offensive Player of the Year award.
- Rams RB Gurley wins top offensive rookie award Updated: Feb-06-16 8:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - St. Louis Rams running back Todd Gurley, who came off knee surgery in college to rush for 1,106 yards, has won The Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year award.
- Denver's Wade Phillips wins assistant coach award Updated: Feb-06-16 8:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips has won The Associated Press NFL Assistant Coach of the Year award.
- Guinea: Journalist shot dead outside opposition meeting Updated: Feb-06-16 7:56 am
CONAKRY, Guinea - Guinea's government says a journalist was shot and killed during clashes outside a meeting of the main opposition party.
- Association honors work by Iowa newspapers Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines Register was named Friday as the Iowa Newspaper Association 2016 "Newspaper of the Year."
- Iowa APME contest winners Updated: Feb-05-16 6:17 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa APME Newswriting and Photo Contest Winners:
- Media leaders urge tougher protection for journalists Updated: Feb-05-16 12:33 pm
PARIS - World media executives are urging governments to stop looking at journalists as the enemy, and to better protect reporters covering wars, crime and corruption.
- Holly Holm's trainer has one of his champ belts stolen Updated: Feb-03-16 6:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Nationally known MMA trainer and former world champion kickboxer Mike Winkeljohn says he wishes he could have confronted the burglars who broke into his shed and took one of his championship belts.
- NYC vets public-info requests for 'sensitivity' Updated: Feb-03-16 1:07 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio denied he was micromanaging his image last year when his lawyers issued a sweeping mandate to review all public records requests that could "reflect directly on the mayor."
- Investigative reporter David Caruso named AP NYC news editor Updated: Feb-02-16 3:32 pm
NEW YORK - David B. Caruso, a national investigative reporter with wide experience in government accountability and data journalism over nearly 15 years with The Associated Press, has been named New York City news editor.
- Song by Haiti's outgoing leader jeers at female journalist Updated: Feb-02-16 9:52 am
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haiti's outgoing president has released a brash pop song jeering at his critics and aiming sexually suggestive lyrics at his main target, an award-winning female journalist.
- Missouri bill aimed at block censorship of student reporters Updated: Feb-01-16 10:48 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker is touting a bill he said will protect the state's student journalists from censorship, written in part as a response to a recent confrontation between a University of Missouri assistant professor and a student videographer during protests on campus.
- Gov. Bill Haslam presents $34.8B Tennessee spending plan Updated: Feb-01-16 7:05 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's $34.8 billion spending plan includes new spending for schools, colleges and road projects along with another large deposit into Tennessee's emergency budget reserves.
- 'Love Story' actors return to Harvard 45 years later Updated: Feb-01-16 6:20 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Actors Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal rolled onto the Harvard campus Monday in an antique convertible similar to the one used in "Love Story" and reminisced about the film that made them household names nearly half a century ago.
- Michael Feeney, 'tenacious journalist,' dies at 32 Updated: Feb-01-16 9:35 am
NEW YORK - Michael J. Feeney, a former reporter for The New York Daily News and former president of the New York Association of Black Journalists, died Sunday. He was 32.
- 10 years on, AP photographer remembers Pulitzer moment Updated: Feb-01-16 9:12 am
JERUSALEM - Ten years ago today, AP photographer Oded Balilty captured the powerful image of a Jewish settler woman defying Israeli soldiers as they forcibly removed her from a West Bank settlement.
- From SAG Awards to Sundance, diversity makes a comeback Updated: Feb-01-16 8:37 am
In a flurry of wins at the Screen Actors Guild Awards and the Sundance Film Festival, diversity made a comeback.
- Ohio Democratic lawmakers push for focus on economic issues Updated: Jan-27-16 2:47 pm
COLUMBUS - Democratic state lawmakers pushed an economic agenda Wednesday that included bills to increase Ohio's minimum wage, provide paid family and medical leave, and promote equal pay for women.
- Turkish prosecutor seeks life term for 2 jailed journalists Updated: Jan-27-16 9:18 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish prosecutors are seeking life prison terms for two prominent journalists who have been jailed on terror and espionage charges for their reports on alleged government arms smuggling to Syrian rebels, their newspaper said Wednesday amid growing concern for media freedom in Turkey.
- Video of Egyptians giving police condom balloons goes viral Updated: Jan-27-16 1:17 am
CAIRO - A video showing a reporter and an actor handing Egyptian policemen condom balloons on the fifth anniversary of the 2011 uprising received more than 1 million views online but could land them in jail.