- GOP conservatives confident they can kill Ex-Im Bank Updated: May-19-15 1:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Conservatives dominating the GOP-controlled House said Tuesday that they are increasingly confident of killing a little-known federal agency that subsidizes overseas purchases of U.S. exports.
- Despite majority, UK's Cameron faces Conservative rebellion Updated: May-11-15 5:43 am
LONDON - Prime Minister David Cameron's Conservatives may have won the British election and ushered their coalition partner out the door, but that doesn't mean it's all smooth sailing for his government for the next five years.
- Unexpected triumph means Cameron can govern UK on his own Updated: May-08-15 5:02 pm
LONDON - After years of sharing power, David Cameron pulled off an unexpected election triumph that gave the Conservative prime minister a second term with an outright majority Friday and dealt a stinging defeat to his three main rivals.
- A look at the winners and losers in the UK election Updated: May-08-15 1:01 pm
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron and his Conservatives on Friday won a second term in a stunning victory that saw three defeated political rivals step down as leaders of their parties within hours.
- The Latest: Markets happy at clear result; fear referendum Updated: May-08-15 4:29 am
LONDON - 9:25 a.m. (0825 GMT; 4:25 a.m. EDT)
- Canada's Conservatives worried after Alberta election Updated: May-06-15 11:20 pm
TORONTO - A meeting of Canada's federal Conservative party was described as being like a "morgue" on Wednesday, a day after Alberta, Canada's most conservative province, elected a left-of-center provincial government, ending a 44-year-old conservative party dynasty.