- Colorado considering new child care rules following deaths Updated: Feb-06-16 4:18 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Department of Human Services is considering a requirement that social workers examine prior contacts with a child to determine if further investigation is necessary after the deaths of 43 children in Colorado's welfare program.
- Woman jailed on murder charge in death of Marion County boy Updated: Feb-06-16 3:59 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say a 30-year-old woman has been arrested on charges of murder and child abuse in the death of her boyfriend's son.
- Day care worker charged with 8 counts of child sex abuse Updated: Feb-06-16 3:31 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha police say a 24-year-old day care worker has told investigators that he sexually assaulted as many as eight girls under the age of 3.
- Tennessee, Georgia authorities crack down on sex trafficking Updated: Feb-06-16 3:21 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say more than 20 people have been arrested on charges related to sex trafficking and online exploitation of children in Tennessee and Georgia.
- Westerfield man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl Updated: Feb-06-16 1:23 pm
LE MARS, Iowa - A Westfield man has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a young girl.
- Ex-'Survivor' contestant charged with possessing child porn Updated: Feb-06-16 1:16 pm
CLARKSTON, Michigan - Michigan authorities have charged a former "Survivor" contestant with possessing child pornography and running Ponzi scheme.
- Man returned to Iowa after 16 years on lam sent to prison Updated: Feb-06-16 12:59 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A man who fled the country 16 years ago to avoid prosecution for sexually abusing two girls has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Pierce County dad gets 70 years for infant's beating death Updated: Feb-06-16 11:19 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County man has been sentenced to 70 years in prison for beating his 2-month-old daughter to death in their DuPont home.
- Federal judge rejects bid for leniency in child pornography case Updated: Feb-06-16 10:51 am
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge in western Pennsylvania has rejected a former Allegheny College professor's bid for leniency in a child pornography case.
- Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribal member sentenced for sex crimes Updated: Feb-06-16 10:05 am
TACOMA, Washington - Justice Department officials say an enrolled member of the Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe has been sentenced to life imprisonment for aggravated sexual abuse of a minor.
- Harvey man, 24, sentenced to 15 years in child abuse case Updated: Feb-06-16 4:05 am
GRETNA, Louisiana - A 24-year-old Harvey man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for causing a brain injury to his 3-month-old son.
- Alaska moves to prosecute witness in Ted Stevens trial Updated: Feb-05-16 6:25 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska's attorney general is again seeking an explanation from the U.S. Department of Justice on why it did not file child exploitation charges against a businessman who testified in the corruption trial of the late U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens.
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors said Friday they were asking a Pennsylvania appeals court to reconsider its dismissal of some criminal charges against three former Penn State administrators accused of covering up sex abuse complaints against former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
- Child neglect suspect calls case 'hysterical overreaction' Updated: Feb-05-16 2:54 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A Minot woman who's accused of leaving her two preschool-aged children unattended in a car for about an hour while she drank and gambled in a bar with her then-boyfriend claims that the case is a misunderstanding.
- Man arrested in rape was foster parent, youth leader Updated: Feb-05-16 1:33 pm
WALTON, Kentucky - Officials say a church youth leader who was arrested in connection with the rape of a minor girl was also a licensed foster parent.
- Texas baby sitter, 22, gets life term for molesting 2 boys Updated: Feb-05-16 1:13 pm
GILMER, Texas - Prosecutors say a 22-year-old East Texas baby sitter sentenced to life in prison for molesting two boys gave the victims prizes to stay quiet about the sex abuse.
- Mesa County man found guilty in infant son's death Updated: Feb-05-16 12:56 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A Mesa County man has been found guilty in connection to the death of his infant son.
- Florida man pleads guilty to manslaughter in toddler's death Updated: Feb-05-16 11:56 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - The man suspected of being involved in the death of a Florida toddler pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter on Friday, weeks after he led authorities to the child's remains and said the boy drowned in a bathtub while he and the mother had sex.
- Mother of killed toddler sentenced for failing to stop abuse Updated: Feb-05-16 10:36 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Colorado Springs woman has been sentenced to three years in prison for failing to prevent the abuse that killed her 2-year-old son.
- High school student accused of raping girl in stairwell Updated: Feb-05-16 8:53 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Three Athens high school students are facing charges after a 15-year-old girl says she was raped in a school stairwell.
- Mass. woman pleads guilty to slamming kids' heads on floor Updated: Feb-05-16 8:23 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts woman has been sentenced to nine months in jail for slamming her four young children's heads into the floor of a Springfield grocery store while high on drugs.
- Oahu church, school found to have most sex abuse allegations Updated: Feb-05-16 7:35 am
HONOLULU - A Catholic church and school on Oahu have generated the most allegations across the state of priests and teachers sexually abusing students decades ago.
- Nebraskan in baby wipe suffocation case takes plea deal Updated: Feb-05-16 7:07 am
HASTINGS, Nebraska - A Hastings woman accused of stuffing a baby wipe down the throat of a Nebraska toddler, killing her, has taken a plea deal.
- Man found guilty in death of daughter, 3, in southwest Iowa Updated: Feb-05-16 6:52 am
BEDFORD, Iowa - A man accused in the death of his 3-year-old daughter in the southwest Iowa city of Bedford has been found guilty of murder.
- Charlotte churchgoer accused of sexually assaulting children Updated: Feb-05-16 4:24 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police say a Charlotte man sexually exploited fellow church members' children over a nearly three-year period.