- NC Appeals Court allows priest sex abuse lawsuit to proceed Updated: Jul-07-15 4:24 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A lawsuit against the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh over an allegation of child sexual abuse against a priest can move toward a trial, a three-judge panel ruled Tuesday.
- Police: Officer poorly searched suspect who later shot cop Updated: Jul-07-15 4:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS - An officer who intentionally overlooked evidence and failed to thoroughly search an assault suspect - giving an inadequate pat-down to the man police say later fatally shot another officer from the back of a moving patrol car - now faces criminal charges and has been suspended, authorities said Tuesday.
- Federal, Indiana authorities raid Subway spokesman's home Updated: Jul-07-15 3:37 pm
ZIONSVILLE, Indiana - FBI agents and Indiana State Police raided the home of Subway restaurant spokesman Jared Fogle on Tuesday, removing electronics from the property and searching the house with a police dog, two months after the then-executive director of Fogle's foundation was arrested on child pornography charges.
- The Latest: Lawyer says Subway spokesman Fogle cooperating Updated: Jul-07-15 3:05 pm
ZIONSVILLE, Indiana - Here are the latest developments in Tuesday's raid at the home of Subway restaurant chain spokesman Jared Fogle (all times are local):
- Mom gets deal in chase where police fired at van of kids Updated: Jul-07-15 3:00 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A Tennessee woman has reached a plea deal after being charged with child abuse and fleeing from police during a chaotic 2013 traffic stop in which a New Mexico officer shot at her minivan full of children.
- Ex-school safety chief 'no show' for trial in child sex case Updated: Jul-07-15 2:47 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A former Wichita school safety supervisor accused of molesting boys in Kansas has been found guilty of similar sexual assault charges in Colorado.
- FBI seeks sextortion victims of man in prison for 105 years Updated: Jul-07-15 2:08 pm
BOSTON - The FBI is hoping to locate 240 more victims of a man convicted of using online threats to extort pornographic images from teenage girls.
- Now-competent woman waives hearing in 2 sons' tub drownings Updated: Jul-07-15 1:32 pm
PITTSBURGH - A woman accused of drowning her two young sons in a bathtub more than a year ago waived her right to a preliminary hearing Tuesday, a day after a judge found her mentally competent to stand trial.
- Texan gets 60 years for porn, items at deer hunting lease Updated: Jul-07-15 8:29 am
DALLAS - A former Dallas-area man has been sentenced to 60 years in prison in child pornography cases based on evidence found at a deer hunting lease.
- Man accused of trying to exchange cards for sex with girl Updated: Jul-07-15 8:09 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A man has been charged with trying to have sex with a girl in exchange for trading cards and a DVD player.
- Iowa man sentenced for using library Internet for child porn Updated: Jul-07-15 7:49 am
PLEASANT HILL, Iowa - An Iowa man accused of collecting and distributing child pornography using a public library's internet connection has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison.
- Los Angeles man faces August trial in sex trafficking case Updated: Jul-07-15 7:25 am
DETROIT - A Los Angeles man faces trial in August on federal charges including sex trafficking after authorities say a 16-year-old girl was kidnapped during a Detroit jazz festival.
- Cumberland police: Man charged with kidnapping girl, 16 Updated: Jul-07-15 6:58 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Cumberland police say they've charged a 36-year-old man with kidnapping a 16-year-old girl.
- 5 ex-CPS workers to appeal dismissal of wrongful firing suit Updated: Jul-07-15 5:08 am
PHOENIX - Five former Arizona child welfare workers who were fired last year amid an agency scandal plan to appeal a judge's dismissal of their wrongful termination lawsuit.
- Police: Former officer arrested on child molestation charges Updated: Jul-07-15 4:35 am
NORTH SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - Police say a former police officer in Rhode Island has been arrested after a mother accused him of molesting her 12-year-old daughter.
- Ex-soldier gets 10 years in prison for sexual abuse of girl Updated: Jul-07-15 2:08 am
FORT RILEY, Kansas - A former Fort Riley soldier accused of sexually abusing a girl has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison.
- Las Cruces man arrested on federal child pornography charges Updated: Jul-06-15 7:13 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say a Las Cruces man who works as a janitor at an elementary school has been arrested on federal child pornography charges.
- Authorities: Autistic boy, 6, on life support after beating Updated: Jul-06-15 5:49 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Sheriff's officials say a 6-year-old autistic boy is on life support after he was beaten by his mother's boyfriend.
- Autistic boy, 6, on life support after alleged beating Updated: Jul-06-15 3:36 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The Washington County Sheriff's Office says a 6-year-old autistic boy is on life support after he was beaten by his mother's boyfriend.
- Police: Maryland boy dies after being beaten for eating cake Updated: Jul-06-15 3:19 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Police say a 9-year-old boy has died after he was allegedly handcuffed and beaten for eating a piece of birthday cake without permission.
- Ex-university professor gets jail time in child pornography case Updated: Jul-06-15 2:23 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A former suburban Philadelphia university music professor accused of sending explicit pictures to a teenage girl in Spain has been sentenced to three months to 23 months confinement.
- Boy dies after allegedly being beaten for eating cake Updated: Jul-06-15 1:49 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Hagerstown police say a 9-year-old boy has died after he was allegedly handcuffed and beaten for eating a piece of birthday cake without permission.
- Trial reset for 2 facing murder charges in death of boy, 7 Updated: Jul-06-15 7:14 am
DETROIT - A trial has been rescheduled for August for a woman and her boyfriend in the death of the woman's 7-year-old son.
- Burkina Faso: Father wants justice in sex abuse case Updated: Jul-05-15 1:05 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - The father of a 5-year-old girl who a French prosecutor says was sexually abused by a French soldier has hired a lawyer and vowed on Sunday to follow legal proceedings closely to ensure justice is done.
- Former Klamath County jail deputy sentenced to prison Updated: Jul-05-15 12:34 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A Central Point man and former Klamath County jail deputy has been sentenced to seven years in prison on multiple sex crime charges.