- Son testifies in New Jersey military child abuse case Updated: May-05-15 1:31 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The teenage son of a New Jersey military couple charged with abusing their three foster children over a period of years is testifying against his parents.
- Salem man charged with sexually boy over 10-year span Updated: May-05-15 11:47 am
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem man has been accused of sexually abusing a boy over a decade-long span that ended last year.
- Deal signs bills cracking down on child sex trafficking Updated: May-05-15 10:37 am
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal has signed legislation aimed at cracking down on the sexual exploitation of children.
- Teacher arrested on child pornography, molestation charges Updated: May-05-15 9:10 am
DANA POINT, California - Orange County sheriff's officials say a high school Spanish teacher has been arrested on suspicion of molestation and possessing child pornography.
- Virginia man faces child pornography charges in New Jersey Updated: May-05-15 7:12 am
MOUNT HOLLY, New Jersey - Authorities in New Jersey have accused a Virginia man of emailing photos of children engaged in sex acts with adults.
- Man pleads guilty to federal child pornography charges Updated: May-05-15 6:25 am
HAMPSTEAD, Maryland - A Hampstead man is scheduled to be sentenced in July after pleading guilty to child pornography charges in federal court.
- Teacher accused of possession of child pornography Updated: May-05-15 4:02 am
LINTHICUM, Maryland - A Maryland teacher has been accused of possessing and distributing child pornography.
- Youth pastor gets more than 33 years for assaulting girl Updated: May-05-15 3:58 am
SALEM, Oregon - A former youth pastor in an unincorporated community north of Salem has been sentenced to 33 years and four months in prison after being convicted of repeatedly raping a girl under the age of 16.
- Woman accused of leaving child in car while in Oklahoma bar Updated: May-05-15 3:13 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A woman has been arrested in Oklahoma City on a child endangerment complaint after police say she left a baby in a vehicle while drinking at a bar.
- Zap man accused of sexually assaulting 2 teenage girls Updated: May-04-15 6:37 pm
ZAP, North Dakota - A 23-year-old man from Zap is facing the possibility of life in prison for allegedly sexually assaulting two teenage girls.
- Man facing child pornography charges in Texas arrested in Kansas Updated: May-04-15 5:43 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A district attorney says a man facing child pornography charges in Texas fled to Kansas and worked as a school bus driver.
- Officers rescue girl in Arkansas human trafficking case Updated: May-04-15 5:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say troopers and civilian investigators with its Crimes Against Children Division have rescued a 15-year-old girl trapped in a human trafficking operation.
- Man gets 8 years for taping boys using the bathroom Updated: May-04-15 5:05 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Federal prosecutors say a 32-year-old man has been sentenced to more than eight years in prison in a child pornography case that started when he was arrested trying to tape a child in a bathroom at the North Carolina State Fair.
- Parents charged after death of 3-month-old in western Pa. Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
MCKEES ROCKS, Pennsylvania - Police have filed child endangerment charges against a western Pennsylvania couple following the death of their 3-month-old son.
- Former foundation director faces federal child pornography charges Updated: May-04-15 4:55 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The former executive director of an Indianapolis foundation faces federal charges of producing child pornography.
- Roswell woman is accused of abandoning her son at a cemetery Updated: May-04-15 4:44 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say a Roswell woman is accused of abandoning her son at a cemetery last weekend.
- Judge: Jury can hear testimony of father's previous abuse Updated: May-04-15 7:13 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - When Xzayvion Riley's father stands trial in the June 2012 beating death of the 8-year-old Baton Rouge boy, a judge has ruled the jury will be allowed to hear about the broken leg he suffered in his father's presence and about repeated punches his father is accused of delivering to him outside a day care center.
- Judge: Man convicted in child's death not mentally disabled Updated: May-03-15 7:01 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A man convicted in 2004 of raping and murdering a 4-year-old girl does not have an intellectual disability that would bar his execution, a Calcasieu Parish judge has ruled.
- Mother accused of leaving child in car charged with neglect Updated: May-03-15 3:14 pm
DANVILLE, Indiana - A central Indiana woman who called police saying she awoke to find her 2-year-old daughter and car missing is facing preliminary charges of neglect of a dependent after police say she apparently left the child in the car on the side of the road.
- Maine man faces charges after car hits pole Updated: May-03-15 2:49 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Police in Maine say a South Portland man faces charges after he hit a telephone pole while driving under the influence of alcohol with a child in the car.
- Legislators dub 2015 General Assembly 'year of the child' Updated: May-03-15 12:08 pm
ATLANTA - A bill that would levy an annual $5,000 on strip clubs and fine pimps $2,500 to set up a fund for sexually exploited children is scheduled to be signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Nathan Deal, topping off what some legislators are calling the "year of the child" in the 2015 General Assembly.
- Federal panel seeks ideas to protect children Updated: May-03-15 10:52 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A federal commission is looking for new methods that could be used to help stop deadly child abuse.
- French defense chief urges soldiers to admit African abuse Updated: May-03-15 7:50 am
PARIS - France's defense minister wants any soldiers involved in alleged sexual abuse of boys in Central African Republic to come forward to limit the damage to the military's image.
- Minnesota man pleads guilty to child sex abuse in Iowa Updated: May-02-15 6:26 pm
FOREST CITY, Iowa - A Minnesota man faces up to 50 years in prison in Iowa when he's sentenced in June for sexually abusing a child younger than 12.
- Astoria man sentenced to 50 years in prison for raping girl Updated: May-02-15 4:18 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - An Astoria man who was accused of raping a 10-year-old girl last year has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.