- Poland will not extradite Roman Polanski to the US Updated: Nov-27-15 1:38 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland will not extradite Oscar-winning filmmaker Roman Polanski to the U.S. in an almost 40-year-old case after prosecutors declined to challenge a court ruling against the extradition request.
- Lawsuit alleges couple was warned of pending state visits Updated: Nov-27-15 12:33 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A federal lawsuit alleges a Delaware County couple who kept foster children and adopted others was alerted by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services of pending visits for checks on the children's welfare.
- Mitchell man gets 20 years in prison for sex with teen girl Updated: Nov-27-15 12:29 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A 42-year-old Mitchell man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for having sex with a teenage girl.
- Prosecutors seek 580 years for kidnapper of 2 NY Amish girls Updated: Nov-27-15 10:22 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Federal prosecutors are seeking a maximum 580-year prison sentence for a man who sexually abused six children, including two Amish girls he kidnapped in northern New York.
- Head of inquiry into sex abuse outlines scope of probe Updated: Nov-27-15 6:46 am
LONDON - The head of a British inquiry into child sex abuse says the Anglican and Catholic churches will be among the institutions investigated in the wide-ranging probe.
- Emerado man sentenced to 8 years in prison for child porn Updated: Nov-27-15 6:04 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota man has been sentenced to eight years in prison on a child pornography charge.
- El Salvadoran church suspends priest in sex abuse case Updated: Nov-26-15 10:46 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - El Salvador's Roman Catholic Church announced Thursday it has suspended a well-known priest, saying he acknowledged sexually abusing a young girl.
- School bus driver facing sex charges mistakenly released Updated: Nov-26-15 6:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas-area substitute school bus driver facing felony charges of sexually abusing a child is back in jail after being mistakenly released on bail.
- Anchorage jury convicts sex offender of molesting child Updated: Nov-26-15 2:24 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage jury has found a man guilty of sexually abusing a child.
- Man sentenced for pimping teens as part of business plan Updated: Nov-26-15 12:56 pm
MILWAUKEE - A 38-year-old man told a federal judge that he had dreams and a formal business plan when he got out of state prison - and he only started sex trafficking his girlfriend and three 17-year-old girls so he could raise money for his business ventures.
- Teen pleads guilty plea in adult court in death of toddler Updated: Nov-26-15 12:32 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - An 18-year-old has pleaded guilty in the beating death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter in Minneapolis.
- Dartmouth professor faces federal child pornography charge Updated: Nov-26-15 11:22 am
HANOVER, New Hampshire - The case against a Dartmouth College professor accused of possessing child pornography has been transferred to federal court.
- Scottsbluff man accused of abusing infant son Updated: Nov-26-15 10:10 am
SCOTTSBLUFF, Nebraska - A Scottsbluff man whose infant son has been hospitalized is charged with intentional child abuse
- Iowa teacher takes plea deal, gets probation Updated: Nov-26-15 7:00 am
FOREST CITY, Iowa - A North Iowa Community School District kindergarten teacher accused of inappropriately touching a child has taken a plea deal.
- Woman arrested for abandoning 2 toddlers at a Phoenix motel Updated: Nov-26-15 5:02 am
PHOENIX - A woman has been accused of child abuse after two toddlers in her care were found alone at a Phoenix motel.
- Ohio man convicted in sex abuse of girls gets life in prison Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
CLEVELAND - A suburban Cleveland man accused of using alcohol and candy laced with psychedelic drugs in sexually abusing three girls has been formally sentenced to life in prison without parole.
- Man accused of molesting a dozen girls at park, day care Updated: Nov-25-15 8:13 pm
SAN MIGUEL, California - Authorities believe a 58-year-old man molested a dozen girls at a park and his wife's day care in a rural central California town.
- Prosecutors seek removal of Topeka councilman Updated: Nov-25-15 6:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Prosecutors are seeking to remove a member of the Topeka City Council over child abuse allegations.
- Woman pleads guilty in girl's fatal beating Updated: Nov-25-15 4:45 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - A Tampa Bay area woman faces a mandatory life sentence in a 4-year-old girl's fatal beating.
- New Hampshire prep grad to appeal sex assault conviction Updated: Nov-25-15 4:27 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Lawyers for the graduate of an elite New Hampshire prep school convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old classmate said Wednesday they will appeal to the state's highest court, arguing the trial judge should not have allowed a felony count of using a computer to lure the girl, among other things.
- Pierce County prosecutor drops appeal of misconduct ruling Updated: Nov-25-15 2:07 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County prosecutor's office has dropped their appeal of a judge's finding of prosecutorial vindictiveness in a long-running sex-abuse case.
- Former Subway spokesman Fogle, now ex-wife finalize divorce Updated: Nov-25-15 2:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Court documents show former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle and his wife finalized their divorce days before the disgraced pitchman was sentenced to more than 15 years in prison for trading in child pornography and paying for sex with underage girls.
- Man accused of sex crimes against girls pleads not guilty Updated: Nov-25-15 11:13 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Natrona County man who is accused of sexually assaulting four different underage girls has pleaded not guilty.
- Ex-hotel worker gets jail time for molesting twin boys, 15 Updated: Nov-25-15 9:03 am
BUTLER, Pennsylvania - A former employee of a western Pennsylvania hotel must spend six to 18 months in jail for molesting two 15-year-old boys who were temporarily living there.
- Judge orders documents sealed in capital murder case Updated: Nov-25-15 8:21 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A district judge has sealed motions filed in a capital case against 24-year-old Landon Broussard, a Lafayette man charged with beating his girlfriend's 3-year-old son to death.