- Man extradited from Mexico to be arraigned for Bellevue rape Updated: Aug-31-15 8:28 pm
BELLEVUE, Washington - Bellevue police say a 32-year-old man who fled to Mexico to avoid facing child rape charges has been extradited from Mexico. Victor Cerda is to be arraigned Tuesday in King County Superior Court.
- 244 arrested in Southern California immigration sting Updated: Aug-31-15 7:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - Immigration agents arrested more than 240 people with criminal records during a four-day sting in Southern California, authorities said Monday in a show of force that comes as fewer people are being deported.
- Sex registry questioned after prep school grad's conviction Updated: Aug-31-15 6:08 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A graduate of an elite prep school who was convicted of having sexual contact with a 15-year-old classmate as part of a game of sexual conquest will be required to register as a sex offender for life, a punishment his lawyer likens to being branded and legal experts and reform advocates say exceeds the crime.
- Washington mom sentenced to 25 years in toddler abuse case Updated: Aug-31-15 5:08 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Washington woman who took her toddler daughter across state lines for sexual abuse was sentenced Monday to 25 years in prison.
- Former Subway spokesman Fogle suing ex-aide over loan Updated: Aug-31-15 3:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle is suing the incarcerated former head of his charitable foundation for allegedly defaulting on a $191,000 personal loan to buy an Indianapolis home.
- Missouri man faces execution for raping, killing 15-year-old Updated: Aug-31-15 2:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - An inmate scheduled to be executed Tuesday for killing a 15-year-old Missouri girl has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to halt his punishment, saying the death penalty is unconstitutional.
- Board accepts Albuquerque school chief's resignation Updated: Aug-31-15 2:28 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A board that oversees New Mexico's largest school district unanimously voted Monday to accept the resignation of its embattled superintendent, who hired an administrator charged with child sex abuse in Colorado.
- Silence at Vatican funeral for ex-envoy in sexual abuse case Updated: Aug-31-15 2:03 pm
VATICAN CITY - Eight minutes of silence instead of a homily marked the Vatican funeral Monday of a former papal diplomat, whose trial on charges of possession of child pornography and sexual abuse of minors had begun this summer in a Holy See courtroom.
- Man arresting after threatening to sexually abuse a child Updated: Aug-31-15 11:06 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A man police say wanted to taunt them by threatening to rape a 6-year-old has been arrested and booked into an Albuquerque jail.
- Man takes plea deal in abuse of 17-month-old Lexington boy Updated: Aug-31-15 8:31 am
LEXINGTON, Nebraska - A 22-year-old North Platte man accused of child abuse has taken a deal and pleaded guilty to a reduced charge.
- Man who lives near daycare arrested on child pornography charges Updated: Aug-30-15 7:01 pm
COLUMBIA, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man who lives in the same building as a daycare center on child pornography charges.
- Nebraska man pleads not guilty to assaulting child Updated: Aug-30-15 5:40 pm
KEARNEY, Nebraska - A Nebraska man has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting a child and possessing explicit pictures of another child.
- Md. teen charged with raping 9-year-old at state fair Updated: Aug-30-15 12:20 pm
TIMONIUM, Maryland - A 17-year-old male has been charged with raping a 9-year-old girl at the Maryland State Fair.
- SD man convicted of sex, abuse charges gets 15 years Updated: Aug-30-15 10:13 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota man convicted of sexually abusing a child at the Rosebud Indian Reservation has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
- New York man gets 15+ years in prison for making child porn Updated: Aug-30-15 7:02 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A New York man in prison for raping a 16-year-old girl has been sentenced to an additional 15 years for recording the assault.
- School board candidate charged with sex crime out on bond Updated: Aug-29-15 1:42 pm
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - A Charles City man running for a school board seat has been freed on $10,000 cash bond after being charged with sexually abusing a teenage boy four years ago.
- Vatican: Heart attack killed ex-envoy charged with sex abuse Updated: Aug-29-15 11:46 am
VATICAN CITY - The former papal envoy to the Dominican Republic, who went on trial at the Holy See this summer for alleged sexual abuse of minors, died of a heart attack, according to initial autopsy results, the Vatican said Saturday.
- Mom charged for allegedly letting child's teeth rot Updated: Aug-29-15 11:17 am
PANAMA CITY, Florida - A Florida mom has been arrested after authorities say she repeatedly ignored a dentist's warning that her 4-year-old needed surgery on her rotting teeth.
- Ex-Subway ad exec says he didn't know of Fogle's sex crimes Updated: Aug-28-15 10:11 pm
NEW YORK - A former executive who was in charge of Subway's advertising says he wasn't aware of pitchman Jared Fogle's criminal sexual conduct with minors.
- Prosecutors: Charges against activist likely to be dropped Updated: Aug-28-15 9:19 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Prosecutors said Friday that they expect to dismiss child sex-abuse charges against prominent gay rights activist Terry Bean because the alleged victim is unlikely to show up for trial.
- The Latest: Defense says ex-senior's boasts were 'damning' Updated: Aug-28-15 5:31 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The latest on the trial of a former student at an elite prep school accused of raping a freshman as part of a tradition called Senior Salute (all times local):
- Lincoln man accused of kidnapping, raping 8-year-old girl Updated: Aug-28-15 2:14 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln man described by his father as troubled is accused of kidnapping a sleeping 8-year-old girl from her home and raping her.
- Newburyport women arraigned on child endangerment charges Updated: Aug-28-15 1:40 pm
NEWBURYPORT, Massachusetts - A mother and grandmother authorities allege fled to New York City rather than face arraignment on child endangerment charges for allowing their 7-year-old girl to live in their squalid home have been arraigned.
- Judge seals Teton County day care molestation file Updated: Aug-28-15 11:48 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - A judge has sealed court files in a case involving a 15-year-old boy accused of molesting a toddler at his mother's day care in Teton County.
- Ex-chair of family advocacy group denies child abuse charges Updated: Aug-28-15 11:06 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The former chairwoman of a Laramie family advocacy group is going to trial after entering not guilty pleas to five counts of felony child abuse.