- Former church teacher sentenced in child sex abuse case Updated: Jul-29-15 11:59 am
CALDWELL, Idaho - An Oregon man who taught at a church in Idaho is spending at least a year and a half in prison for having a sexual relationship with a teenage student.
- Judge upholds 40-year sentence given in child abuse case Updated: Jul-29-15 10:16 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge judge is standing by the 40-year prison term he gave a St. Gabriel woman convicted of abusing her then-20-month-old stepson.
- Bismarck mother admits leaving kids in car to shoplift Updated: Jul-29-15 8:58 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Bismarck woman has been sentenced for leaving two small children alone in a car while she shoplifted from a Wal-Mart store.
- Former county prosecutor accused of rape to change pleas Updated: Jul-29-15 8:49 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A former South Dakota county prosecutor who has pleaded not guilty to child rape charges is scheduled to change his plea to at least some of the counts against him.
- Readington music teacher faces child pornography charges Updated: Jul-29-15 6:50 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - FBI agents have arrested a Readington middle school music teacher after they say they found sexually explicit images of children on his home computer.
- Satellite TV installer guilty of child sex assault Updated: Jul-29-15 6:28 am
PATERSON, New Jersey - Jurors in Passaic County have convicted a satellite TV installer of kidnapping and child sex assault.
- 8 Australian men charged with 500 sex offenses against girl Updated: Jul-29-15 3:55 am
PERTH, Australia - An Australian man was accused Wednesday of allowing seven men to sexually abuse his 13-year-old daughter over the past two years, with police charging all eight men with more than 500 child sex offenses.
- Man given 4 life sentences in rape during burglary Updated: Jul-28-15 9:01 pm
DOTHAN, Alabama - A southeast Alabama man convicted of raping a teenage girl during a burglary has been given four life prison sentences.
- Minot man convicted in rape case gets 10 years in prison Updated: Jul-28-15 8:07 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A Minot man convicted of raping a teenager he befriended on Facebook has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Man sentenced to 15 years for secretly recording young girls Updated: Jul-28-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A suburban Kansas City man who followed women around area retail stores so he could secretly record videos up their skirts was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years in federal prison for attempting to produce child pornography.
- Court documents: Injured boy, 7, was monitored by a camera Updated: Jul-28-15 6:10 pm
HARDWICK, Massachusetts - Newly released court documents say a 7-year-old Massachusetts boy hospitalized after allegedly being abused and isolated by his father had an alarm on his bedroom door and was monitored by a camera his father could access from a cellphone.
- Omaha Tribe member gets prison on sexual abuse charge Updated: Jul-28-15 5:23 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A member of the Omaha Tribe of Nebraska has been sentenced to more than three years in prison on a sexual abuse charge involving a 9-year-old girl.
- Pierce County prosecutor, deputy sued in federal court Updated: Jul-28-15 3:20 pm
SEATTLE - A woman who was charged twice with child sex crimes in Pierce County and twice had those charges dismissed filed a federal lawsuit on Tuesday against the county prosecuting attorney and one of his deputies.
- Larose man charged in decades-old child rape Updated: Jul-28-15 9:53 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Authorities say an 81-year-old Larose man has been arrested in a child rape that occurred about 30 years ago.
- Parents whose 3 children died in fire sentenced for abuse Updated: Jul-28-15 6:15 am
LAS VEGAS - Two parents whose children died in a 2012 mobile-home fire have been sentenced to a minimum of 10 years in prison and a maximum of 30 years.
- Tupelo mother charged with felony child abuse Updated: Jul-28-15 5:59 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - A 20-year-old Tupelo woman has been charged with endangering the life of her small child.
- Suburban Milwaukee pastor accused of sex assault of child Updated: Jul-28-15 5:34 am
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - A pastor at a church in the Milwaukee suburb of Waukesha has been arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a child.
- Kansas man accused of raping 2 children under 10 years old Updated: Jul-28-15 5:06 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 39-year-old Kansas man has been charged with two counts of raping a child under 14 years old while they were in day care.
- DeSoto man sentenced to 5 years for child exploitation Updated: Jul-28-15 4:04 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Attorney General Jim Hood's office says a DeSoto County man has pleaded guilty to child exploitation.
- Arkansas couple arrested after kids found in middle of road Updated: Jul-28-15 2:16 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A couple has been arrested after police say their two young children were found alone in the middle of a busy street in Little Rock.
- Wellington man gets 8 years in prison for child pornography Updated: Jul-28-15 2:10 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 48-year-old Wellington man has been sentenced to eight years and four months in federal prison for distributing child pornography.
- Appeals Court orders review of video testimony in abuse case Updated: Jul-27-15 6:05 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Fairbanks man convicted in 2013 of sexually abusing two young girls will have his case reviewed after the Alaska Court of Appeals determined the children's videotaped testimony did not receive proper scrutiny by the trial judge.
- Ex-NY police chief pleads guilty to possessing child porn Updated: Jul-27-15 3:13 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The former police chief of a New York City suburb, who once taught schoolkids how to be alert for sex abuse, wept Monday as he confessed that he had downloaded sexual images of children onto his home computer.
- AG candidate Beshear offers plan to combat child abuse Updated: Jul-27-15 10:46 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democrat Andy Beshear says he would create a division in the attorney general's office to crack down on child abuse if he is elected as Kentucky's top law enforcement officer in November.
- Police: Mother, 26, charged with fracturing infant's skull Updated: Jul-27-15 9:40 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A 26-year-old woman has been charged after police say she fractured the skull of her 3-month-old son with a baby bottle.