- March critical to eliminate Syria chemical weapons Updated: Mar-05-14 10:04 pm
- UN panel extends Syria blame to world powers Updated: Mar-05-14 9:50 am
- AP Interview: Syria chemicals deadline achievable Updated: Mar-04-14 7:19 am
- US: Syria leads human rights violations in 2013 Updated: Feb-27-14 4:24 pm
- Texas facility to destroy Syrian chemical weapons Updated: Feb-15-14 4:31 pm
- US chemical arms ship arrives in Spain Updated: Feb-13-14 8:25 am
- Watchdog: Syria ships 3rd batch of chemical arms Updated: Feb-10-14 10:00 am
UNITED NATIONS - The head of the mission charged with destroying Syria's chemical weapons said Wednesday the government has accelerated its efforts after several missed deadlines and that March will be critical if the country is to totally eliminate its stockpiles by the June 30 deadline.
GENEVA - Evidence shows chemical weapons used in two attacks came from the Syrian government's stockpiles, a panel of U.N. investigators said Wednesday in a new report that needled world powers as deserving some of the blame for the country's atrocities because of their inaction.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch diplomat leading an international mission to dismantle Syria's chemical weapons program said Tuesday the pace of removing chemicals from the civil war-torn country is picking up and an end-of-June deadline for total destruction of the program is still achievable.
WASHINGTON - A chemical weapons attack in Syria last summer that the U.S. says killed more than 1,400 people was the world's worst human rights violation of 2013, the Obama administration concluded Thursday.
BEAUMONT, Texas - A Port Arthur facility will destroy some of the industrial chemicals found in Syria's stockpile of chemical weapons.
ROTA, Spain - The American ship MV Cape Ray arrived Thursday at the Spanish naval base of Rota for crew rest and refueling ahead of an unprecedented mission to collect and destroy highly toxic substances that form part of Syria's chemical weapons program.
AMSTERDAM - A watchdog agency says Syria has shipped third batch of chemical weapons material out of its territory.