- Kansas State building new soccer facility Updated: May-05-15 8:05 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State is building a $2.1 million soccer facility that will host most of the new women's soccer games.
- Cactus Bowl to move back to Phoenix's Chase Field Updated: May-04-15 9:44 pm
PHOENIX - Due to construction work at Arizona State's Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, the Cactus Bowl will be played for the next three years at Chase Field in Phoenix, home of baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Stadium proposal could affect I195 environmental plan Updated: May-03-15 12:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Pawtucket Red Sox proposal to build a new stadium in Providence could affect a broader environmental permit for the redeveloping the land that includes the site.
- Governor says deal on new Milwaukee Bucks arena 'close' Updated: May-01-15 11:59 am
MILWAUKEE - Gov. Scott Walker says he thinks a deal to pay for a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks is "close."
- Mayor expresses support for sports arena in Seattle suburb Updated: Apr-28-15 8:38 pm
TUKWILA, Washington - The mayor of the Seattle suburb of Tukwila has sent letters to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver expressing his support for a proposed new multipurpose arena that could house franchises for both leagues.
- Architect Vazquez, who designed Levi's Stadium, dies at 59 Updated: Apr-28-15 1:39 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - Fernando Vazquez, the prolific architect who designed sports arenas including the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium and took on smaller projects including restaurants and community centers, has died.
- PawSox owners pitch idea for ballpark to state commission Updated: Apr-27-15 8:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A ballpark in downtown Providence would be an economic catalyst for the city, according to the new owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox, but members of a state commission cast doubt Monday on the benefits of a new stadium.
- Tottenham could share new stadium with NFL team Updated: Apr-24-15 11:32 am
LONDON - Wembley Stadium may not be the only London venue in the NFL's future.
- Telesco says Rivers will be Bolts' QB 'well into the future' Updated: Apr-22-15 5:44 pm
SAN DIEGO - Citing his Catholic faith, San Diego Chargers general manager Tom Telesco promised he wasn't going to lie during his pre-draft news conference.
- Chargers' Woodhead, Dunlap deflect talk of LA, Rivers trade Updated: Apr-20-15 7:57 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Chargers are still in San Diego and Philip Rivers is still their quarterback.
- Senate OKs budget bill with money for new office building Updated: Apr-20-15 5:56 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Senate has passed a budget bill that funds state government and starts making payments on a new office building for state senators.
- Senate: No state money to build new MLS stadium Updated: Apr-20-15 5:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Senate lawmakers left no room for debate on Monday: There should be no state money for a new professional soccer stadium.
- NFL stadium czar meets with Oakland officials Updated: Apr-16-15 1:58 am
OAKLAND, California - The NFL's stadium czar has visited Oakland to press Raiders executives and city and county officials for signs of progress in their efforts to keep the team in the East Bay.
- PawSox owners: Downtown ballpark would generate millions Updated: Apr-15-15 8:30 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The new owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox minor league baseball team said Wednesday that a multi-use ballpark in downtown Providence would generate $12.3 million annually in spending for the city and the state but they would seek help from taxpayers - $120 million over 30 years - and ask to be exempt from real estate taxes.
- Soccer franchise leaders approach Capitol for stadium help Updated: Apr-14-15 8:08 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The business group behind a new Minnesota Major League Soccer franchise made a high-level pitch Tuesday to skeptical lawmakers for a stadium financing package reliant on city, county and state tax breaks.
- NFL exec warns San Diego that time is short on stadium front Updated: Apr-14-15 8:00 pm
SAN DIEGO - With momentum building for an NFL team to move to Los Angeles, "time could be quite short" for San Diego to resolve the contentious issue of building the Chargers a new stadium, the NFL's point man on relocation said Tuesday.
- Phoenix aiming to sell money-losing Sheraton hotel Updated: Apr-11-15 4:16 pm
PHOENIX - The city of Phoenix is making preparations to sell the Sheraton hotel that has lost more than $38 million since it opened in 2008.
- Protesters against City Park golf course rally at UNO Updated: Apr-09-15 4:08 am
NEW ORLEANS - A group of protesters held a satirical protest at the University of New Orleans to speak out against the construction of a professional golf course in City Park.
- Road Trip! Double-A team ready to embark on 55-game trek Updated: Apr-09-15 2:59 am
PENSACOLA, Florida - Pitcher Brooks Hall won't get on the bus without his noise-canceling headphones.
- Cavs clinch division, 2nd seed, 104-99 over Bucks Updated: Apr-08-15 11:59 pm
MILWAUKEE - Largely dormant through the first three quarters, LeBron James did just enough to help the Cleveland Cavaliers firm up their playoff picture.
- Cubs add portable potties at Wrigley to ease bathroom lines Updated: Apr-08-15 4:53 pm
CHICAGO - Relief of a different sort arrived Wednesday for fans at Wrigley Field.
- Vikings stadium construction half done Updated: Apr-08-15 4:01 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Construction of the Minnesota Vikings stadium has reached the halfway point.
- IU's Assembly Hall to see renovation set to finish fall 2016 Updated: Apr-08-15 11:11 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University's Assembly Hall is undergoing a renovation project set to cost tens of millions of dollars.
- Milwaukee Bucks to unveil plans for sports district Updated: Apr-08-15 12:09 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Bucks say they will make a major announcement Wednesday amid a report the team will unveil plans for a new arena.
- Vote postponed on rezoning plan for new Detroit hockey arena Updated: Apr-07-15 3:43 pm
DETROIT - Rezoning property for a new hockey arena and entertainment district just north of downtown remains on hold after the Detroit City Council postponed its vote on the plan.