- Va. Beach mulls arena that could lure NBA, NHL Updated: Apr-19-14 11:50 am
- Alderman: New arena might need regional sales tax Updated: Apr-17-14 6:49 pm
- Atlanta lands MLS expansion team for 2017 Updated: Apr-17-14 4:33 am
- Hawks wrap up regular season, beat Bucks 111-103 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:32 pm
- Bucks owner Herb Kohl reaches deal to sell team Updated: Apr-16-14 5:19 pm
- UIC to officially open new baseball stadium Updated: Apr-16-14 8:10 am
- Steel company fined $37K in 49ers stadium death Updated: Apr-11-14 5:45 pm
- Steel company fined $37K in 49ers stadium death Updated: Apr-11-14 5:29 pm
- Georgia's share of NFL stadium costs could grow Updated: Apr-11-14 11:18 am
- Workers end strike after protest near WCup stadium Updated: Apr-10-14 12:54 pm
- Archeologists find prehistoric pieces at ballpark Updated: Apr-04-14 8:17 am
- Bills stadium group meets with sense of urgency Updated: Apr-01-14 7:30 pm
- Delayed Curitiba stadium opens for test event Updated: Mar-29-14 7:15 pm
- WVU board to consider stadium, sports spending Updated: Mar-29-14 11:18 am
- Correction: Regents Bills story Updated: Mar-26-14 11:45 am
- $1M donation to help NMSU get new turf at stadium Updated: Mar-25-14 4:19 pm
- Detroit council meets March 31 on Joe Louis lease Updated: Mar-24-14 4:37 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The Virginia Beach metropolitan area is one of the largest in the country without a major professional sports team, and numerous attempts to lure one here have repeatedly left sports fans in the area disappointed.
MILWAUKEE - Seated at a table on the Milwaukee Bucks' home court, Peter Zehren looked around the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Thursday and acknowledged that the facilities look out of date. But the Milwaukee resident was firm when he said taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for an upgrade.
ATLANTA - Arthur Blank donned traditional soccer garb to mark his newest venture - an MLS team for Atlanta.
MILWAUKEE - Bucks owner Herb Kohl has reached a deal to sell the franchise to New York investment firm executives Marc Lasry and Wesley Edens for about $550 million.
CHICAGO - Officials from the University of Illinois at Chicago are preparing to officially unveil the school's new baseball stadium this week.
SANTA CLARA, California - California officials have fined a steel company nearly $37,000 in connection with the death of a worker at the site of the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium.
SANTA CLARA, California - California officials have fined a steel company nearly $37,000 in connection with the death of a worker at the site of the San Francisco 49ers new stadium.
ATLANTA - Georgia officials are preparing to spend more than $30 million to buy land and build parking for the new stadium that would be home to the Atlanta Falcons.
SAO PAULO - Workers ended a strike at the World Cup stadium in the southern Brazilian city of Curitiba after disrupting traffic for nearly two hours and forcing organizers to accept their demands on Thursday.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Archeologists digging at the construction site for Nashville's new minor league baseball stadium have unearthed prehistoric deposits that could go back as far as 1150 AD.
BUFFALO, New York - Bills president Russ Brandon can appreciate how eight years is not much time to establish a plan to secure the franchise's long-term future in Buffalo.
SAO PAULO - World Cup organizers in the southern Brazilian city of Curitiba held the first test event at the Arena da Baixada stadium on Saturday, with Atletico Paranaense and J.Malucelli playing out a goalless draw in front of about 10,000 fans.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University's athletic facilities plan includes improvements at the Coliseum and Milan Puskar Stadium
PIERRE, South Dakota - In a story March 25 about new South Dakota laws, The Associated Press erroneously reported the amount of money that a law allocates for the construction of a stadium at South Dakota State University. It allocates $65 million for the project, not $650 million.
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A $1 million donation will help New Mexico State University fund installation of synthetic turf at its football stadium.
DETROIT - The Detroit City Council has scheduled a special meeting March 31 to vote on a new lease for Joe Louis Arena, which is slated to be replaced as venue for the National Hockey League's Detroit Red Wings.