- Massachusetts Gov. Baker says PawSox haven't approached him Updated: May-20-15 6:39 pm
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - The owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox have not approached Massachusetts officials amid negotiations with Rhode Island over the team's plan to build a stadium in downtown Providence, Gov. Charlie Baker said Wednesday.
- Mattiello: Lucchino interested in Providence for PawSox Updated: May-19-15 8:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello says Pawtucket Red Sox co-owner Larry Lucchino has reiterated his interest in building a stadium in Providence after the unexpected death this week of principal owner James Skeffington.
- Commissioner: St. Louis in mix for next round of expansion Updated: May-19-15 8:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber said Tuesday that St. Louis will be a top contender for the next round of expansion, probably in 2020, if the city's stadium plans for a new NFL stadium are fulfilled.
- Land deal closes for planned NFL stadium near Los Angeles Updated: May-19-15 5:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders moved a step closer Tuesday to building a new stadium near Los Angeles after a complex land deal was finalized on a site that could become the home of a shared $1.7 billion venue.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis still considers Oakland top option Updated: May-19-15 4:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Raiders owner Mark Davis walked outside the Ritz-Carlton into the throng of protesters and vowed to do all he can to keep his team in Oakland. Even as he and Chargers owner Dean Spanos moved ahead on plans for a stadium project in Southern California.
- Group recommends Chargers pay $300M, NFL $200M for stadium Updated: May-18-15 8:12 pm
SAN DIEGO - An advisory group appointed by Mayor Kevin Faulconer recommended Monday that the Chargers contribute $300 million toward a new $1.33 billion stadium, with the NFL giving $200 million, the city and county $121 million each and personal seat licenses totaling $120 million.
- PawSox president dies amid plan to move team to Providence Updated: May-18-15 4:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The man who became the public face of a proposal to move the minor league Pawtucket Red Sox to a riverfront ballpark in Providence has died, leading to questions about the next step for the team.
- UW Arena-Auditorium renovation hits budget constraints Updated: May-17-15 1:05 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The renovation of the Arena Auditorium at the University of Wyoming is being scaled back because of a lack of money.
- GA construction workers to participate in safety stand down Updated: May-12-15 4:05 am
ATLANTA - Federal labor officials say construction workers, including a crew helping to build the new Atlanta Falcons stadium, will participate in an event to raise awareness of workplace hazards.
- Seattle arena can move forward after environmental review Updated: May-07-15 8:00 pm
SEATTLE - The hopes of bringing the NBA back to Seattle and adding an NHL team passed a significant milestone Thursday when a final environmental impact statement found no major issues to block a projected new multipurpose arena in Seattle's stadium district.
- Lawmakers say they need new PawSox proposal for stadium Updated: May-06-15 7:03 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Many lawmakers said they need to see a new proposal from the Pawtucket Red Sox before deciding whether to support a stadium in downtown Providence, and the team's owners said Wednesday they're working on a new approach.
- Kansas State building new soccer facility Updated: May-05-15 8:05 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State is building a $2.1 million soccer facility that will host most of the new women's soccer games.
- Cactus Bowl to move back to Phoenix's Chase Field Updated: May-04-15 9:44 pm
PHOENIX - Due to construction work at Arizona State's Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, the Cactus Bowl will be played for the next three years at Chase Field in Phoenix, home of baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Stadium proposal could affect I195 environmental plan Updated: May-03-15 12:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Pawtucket Red Sox proposal to build a new stadium in Providence could affect a broader environmental permit for the redeveloping the land that includes the site.
- Governor says deal on new Milwaukee Bucks arena 'close' Updated: May-01-15 11:59 am
MILWAUKEE - Gov. Scott Walker says he thinks a deal to pay for a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks is "close."
- Mayor expresses support for sports arena in Seattle suburb Updated: Apr-28-15 8:38 pm
TUKWILA, Washington - The mayor of the Seattle suburb of Tukwila has sent letters to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver expressing his support for a proposed new multipurpose arena that could house franchises for both leagues.
- Architect Vazquez, who designed Levi's Stadium, dies at 59 Updated: Apr-28-15 1:39 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - Fernando Vazquez, the prolific architect who designed sports arenas including the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium and took on smaller projects including restaurants and community centers, has died.