- Greece hits milestone, opens way for debt relief Updated: Apr-23-14 7:58 am
- Kingman voters extend city sales tax Updated: Apr-23-14 7:52 am
- Summit League tourneys boost Sioux Falls economy Updated: Apr-23-14 7:35 am
- Board approves tax credit for buyer of hospital Updated: Apr-23-14 6:17 am
- Lewiston couple sentenced for housing fraud Updated: Apr-23-14 5:50 am
- Property tax credit getting boost with new law Updated: Apr-23-14 4:05 am
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin for Senate Updated: Apr-23-14 3:11 am
- E-filing saving big bucks for NY tax dept. Updated: Apr-23-14 3:05 am
- Cuomo announces parks that receive $90 million Updated: Apr-23-14 3:04 am
- Amnesty: Qatar fails to protect domestic workers Updated: Apr-23-14 2:05 am
- Texas Gov. Perry challenges Cuomo on business Updated: Apr-23-14 1:40 am
- King County voters rejecting road, bus measure Updated: Apr-23-14 1:09 am
- Obama visit to Asia seen as counterweight to China Updated: Apr-23-14 12:03 am
- Governor vetoes religious tax breaks Updated: Apr-22-14 10:53 pm
- Brewer signs bill regulating insurance navigators Updated: Apr-22-14 10:31 pm
- Fallin signs bill for Okla. trooper raises Updated: Apr-22-14 10:04 pm
- Hundreds in Mexico protest telecommunications law Updated: Apr-22-14 9:43 pm
- No solution in sight for China shoe factory strike Updated: Apr-22-14 8:55 pm
- Plan would direct pot taxes toward drug education Updated: Apr-22-14 8:10 pm
- Regions announced for GA foster care pilot program Updated: Apr-22-14 8:04 pm
- Legislature argues DCF budget after child deaths Updated: Apr-22-14 7:37 pm
- Advocates vow to revive Navajo junk-food tax Updated: Apr-22-14 7:28 pm
- Southern Oregon farmers divided on GMO bans Updated: Apr-22-14 7:26 pm
- Heineman vetoes nurse practitioner regulation bill Updated: Apr-22-14 6:53 pm
- Fla. Gov. Scott backs growler legalization Updated: Apr-22-14 6:46 pm
BRUSSELS - Greece has reached a major financial milestone that its creditors demanded as a precondition for being granted more debt relief, the European Commission said Wednesday.
KINGMAN, Kansas - Kingman residents easily approved the extension of a 1 percent city sales tax.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls economy received an $8.5 million boost from the recent Summit League men's and women's basketball tournaments.
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Natchez Aldermen have agreed to give a potential buyer of Natchez Regional Medical Center a tax credit to help pay the bankrupt hospital's debt.
AUBURN, Maine - A Lewiston couple convicted of defrauding the federal government out of more $46,000 in housing subsidies by not disclosing substantial income and real estate holdings have been sentenced.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A new Maine law means that some low-and-middle income families will see their property tax credits double.
WASHINGTON - To hear party operatives describe the fight for the Senate, it's the boogeyman billionaires against the shifty septuagenarian.
ALBANY, New York - Electronic filing of tax returns in New York is saving a lot of trees.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo says $90 million is going to repair and improve several parks and historic sites.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - An international human rights group has slammed Qatar for failing to protect foreign maids and other domestic workers from exploitation, adding pressure on the Gulf state over its labor practices as it gears up to host the 2022 World Cup.
ALBANY, New York - Texas Gov. Rick Perry is countering Gov. Andrew Cuomo's latest initiative to lure businesses from out of state with a renewed bid to snag jobs from New York, a tactic he has tried from coast to coast.
SEATTLE - Early election returns showed King County voters rejecting a proposed sales tax hike and increase in the car-tab fee to pay for roads and prevent cuts in Metro Transit bus service.
TOKYO - President Barack Obama's travels through Asia aim to reassure partners about the renewed U.S. commitment to the region, with an eye both to China's rising assertiveness and the fast-growing markets that are the center of gravity for global growth.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer says she vetoed a bill allowing private property owners who lease space to churches to get a tax break because of several logistical concerns and because it's possible that owners who get the tax break will not pass on the savings to their renters.
PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer has signed a bill requiring licensing and background checks for navigators who help people buy health insurance on the federal marketplace.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has signed a bill that would give Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers their first pay raise in seven years, although the pay hike won't come unless money is included in a separate budget proposal.
MEXICO CITY - Hundreds of students and activists marched in Mexico's capital Tuesday to protest a telecommunications law being debated by the Senate that they say will allow the government to arbitrarily censor Internet content.
BEIJING - Workers on strike at a Chinese factory owned by the world's largest maker of athletic shoes have rejected management's latest offer in an ongoing labor dispute that is crimping production for brands such as Nike and Adidas.
DENVER - Colorado would save most of its marijuana tax money while spending about $23 million on school nurses and drug treatment and outreach under a plan approved Tuesday be legislative budget writers.
ATLANTA - The Department of Human Services has announced regions where it will test a public-private partnership to run Georgia's foster care system.
MIAMI - After dozens of child abuse-related deaths, Florida lawmakers may add money for nearly 200 new child protective investigators and other services, but critics worry the proposal overlooks funding to treat mental health and substance abuse problems that are at the root of most child deaths.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Facing a high prevalence of diabetes, many American Indian tribes are returning to their roots with community and home gardens, cooking classes that incorporate traditional foods, and running programs to encourage healthy lifestyles.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Southern Oregon farmers are choosing sides in a pair of local campaigns to ban genetically modified crops.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nurse practitioners still must collaborate with doctors in order to practice in Nebraska, after Gov. Dave Heineman vetoed a bill Tuesday that would have changed state regulations to give them more independence.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott supports the legalization of the refillable half-gallon beer containers that craft beer lovers call growlers, his office said Tuesday.