- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms Updated: Dec-08-13 3:22 pm
- Cowlitz Co. to pay road worker $185K settlement Updated: Dec-08-13 7:23 am
- Colorado school official backs transgender remark Updated: Dec-06-13 5:32 pm
- Former UO student loses gender bias lawsuit Updated: Dec-06-13 4:00 pm
- NYC man gets up to life in transgender murder Updated: Dec-06-13 11:36 am
- Butte drafting anti-discrimination ordinance Updated: Dec-06-13 10:27 am
- Transgender cop in Conn. files complaint Updated: Dec-05-13 8:10 pm
- CA teen set on fire last month returns to school Updated: Dec-02-13 9:43 pm
- 'Preferred' pronouns gain traction at US colleges Updated: Nov-30-13 5:34 am
- Macklemore and Lewis join UN gay rights campaign Updated: Nov-26-13 3:07 pm
- Indian gays demand an end to discrimination Updated: Nov-24-13 8:43 am
- CSU sports out of compliance with Title IX Updated: Nov-20-13 9:02 pm
- Suspect walks in NY transgender death case Updated: Nov-19-13 8:22 pm
- Neb. inmate, transgender partner lose 2nd lawsuit Updated: Nov-17-13 7:10 pm
- SC groups promote transgender awareness Updated: Nov-17-13 4:07 am
- Women in science still fight biases despite gains Updated: Nov-16-13 12:06 am
- Transgender Texas student's tuxedo photo approved Updated: Nov-15-13 8:13 pm
- Ex-track coach sues Texas alleging discrimination Updated: Nov-14-13 3:26 pm
- Texas county adopts policy to protect LGBT inmates Updated: Nov-14-13 1:19 pm
- Court reinstates suit against NC's Family Dollar Updated: Nov-14-13 9:52 am
- Hot Springs man proposes legislative gender equity Updated: Nov-11-13 1:40 pm
- Md. college allows gender-neutral housing Updated: Nov-11-13 8:36 am
- Group: Calif. transgender law repeal will qualify Updated: Nov-10-13 6:47 pm
- WVU project highlights gender issues Updated: Nov-08-13 12:34 pm
- After Senate win, gay groups shift focus to Obama Updated: Nov-08-13 4:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Corporate support for gay and transgender rights is reaching workers in new corners of the country and economy six months after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act, according to a new report card from the nation's largest LGBT advocacy group.
LONGVIEW, Washington - Cowlitz County has agreed to pay a road crew worker $185,000 to settle her claims of gender discrimination.
DENVER - A Colorado school board member who said she has no regrets about saying transgender students should use locker rooms that conform with their biological sex has vowed to keep pushing for schools to ignore court rulings on the transgender issue.
EUGENE, Oregon - A former University of Oregon doctoral student has lost her gender bias lawsuit against the university.
NEW YORK - A New York City man has been sent to prison for murder after his lawyer disparaged the victim in court.
BUTTE, Montana - The Butte-Silver Bow Council of Commissioners has asked the county attorney to draft an ordinance that would prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A transgender police officer in Connecticut has filed a complaint with a state agency alleging her supervisors created a hostile work environment because of her gender identity.
BERKELEY, California - A Bay Area teen who was set on fire while riding a public bus last month has returned to school after nearly a month in the hospital.
OAKLAND, California - The weekly meetings of Mouthing Off!, a group for students at Mills College in Oakland, California, who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, always start the same way. Members take turns going around the room saying their names and the personal pronouns they want others to use when referring to them - she, he or something else.
UNITED NATIONS - U.S. hip hop artists Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have joined the U.N. Free and Equal Campaign to encourage greater respect for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
NEW DELHI - Gay rights activists sang songs and carried rainbow-colored flags while marching to the beat of traditional Indian drums Sunday, as they paraded through India's capital to demand an end to the stigmatization of gays in the deeply conservative country.
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - The U.S. Department of Education says Colorado State University did not meet gender-equity requirements because it didn't offer enough athletic scholarships for women.
NEW YORK - The case against a suspect arrested in connection with the fatal beating of a transgender woman in Manhattan has been dismissed.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska prison inmate and his transgendered partner have lost another round in their legal fight to be able to visit each other and get married.
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Some organizations in South Carolina are promoting the awareness of transgender struggles and issues with a series of events across the state.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Caty Pilachowski's interests as a child elevated her focus to the planets and the stars, but there were real-world expectations bringing her back to Earth.
HOUSTON - A South Texas school district reversed course on Friday, saying it will allow a photo of a transgender student wearing a tuxedo to appear in the teen's high school yearbook.
AUSTIN, Texas - Former Texas women's track coach Bev Kearney, who won six national championships for the Longhorns before abruptly leaving 10 months ago, filed a $1 million lawsuit against the school Thursday, alleging race and gender discrimination and retaliation.
HOUSTON - The sheriff of Houston's Harris County has adopted a sweeping policy designed to protect and guarantee equal treatment of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender inmates, including allowing transgender individuals to be housed based on the gender they identify with instead of their biological sex.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A federal appeals court has reinstated a lawsuit against North Carolina-based Family Dollar that says female managers were paid less than male store managers.
HELENA, Montana - A western Montana man is proposing a constitutional amendment that would require the state Legislature to have an equal number of men and women.
ST. MARY'S CITY, Maryland - A new open-housing policy at St. Mary's College of Maryland now allows students of the opposite sex to be roommates.
SAN FRANCISCO - Opponents of a new California law that gives transgender students certain rights said Sunday that they had collected enough signatures for an initiative that would repeal the law.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University is teaming up with several groups to provide a better understanding of gender issues and bring more awareness to the status of women in the state.
WASHINGTON - Moments after the Senate passed a historic measure to outlaw workplace discrimination against gays, activists turned their attention toward President Barack Obama and a long-sought executive order that would have the same effect, though on a much smaller scale.