- White House promotes economic issues facing women Updated: Mar-12-14 5:04 pm
- Bay County votes down anti-discrimination measure Updated: Mar-12-14 7:43 am
- Kansas bill would expand anti-bias laws to gays Updated: Mar-12-14 5:05 am
- SD lawmakers ban abortion for gender selection Updated: Mar-11-14 10:14 pm
- Abbott, Davis spar over equal pay bill, law firm Updated: Mar-11-14 5:14 pm
- Goshen College renames program to attract males Updated: Mar-11-14 10:34 am
- Attorney calls Kansas death penalty discriminatory Updated: Mar-09-14 2:16 pm
- Workers file lawsuits against Bozeman restaurant Updated: Mar-09-14 1:52 pm
- Arm wrestling event supports transgender SC youth Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 am
- Transgender woman sues CrossFit over competition Updated: Mar-07-14 6:47 pm
- Hillary Clinton urges equality for women and girls Updated: Mar-07-14 5:08 pm
- 18 teachers settle bias suit for $150K in W. Pa. Updated: Mar-06-14 10:28 am
- Gay rights protesters return to Utah Capitol Updated: Mar-05-14 7:53 pm
- Transgender teen recants allegations of attack Updated: Mar-05-14 10:04 am
- Senate OKs bill to stop transgender discrimination Updated: Mar-04-14 12:13 pm
- Conservatives support Idaho marriage law Updated: Mar-03-14 3:23 pm
- Court: Bias case against Rent-A-Center can proceed Updated: Feb-28-14 12:25 pm
- Md. Senate set to vote on transgender bill Updated: Feb-28-14 4:49 am
- Gay activists arrested again after Capitol protest Updated: Feb-27-14 8:31 pm
- DC orders insurers to cover sex-change surgery Updated: Feb-27-14 12:29 pm
- Utah lawmakers hear gay struggles, fears Updated: Feb-26-14 11:16 pm
- 105 gay rights activists return to Idaho Capitol Updated: Feb-25-14 6:40 pm
- Foes of transgender rights law fail to force vote Updated: Feb-25-14 1:44 am
- Transgender rights repeal misses California ballot Updated: Feb-24-14 10:05 pm
- Honda taps woman to board, promotes foreigner Updated: Feb-24-14 5:47 am
WASHINGTON - Add pay equity to President Barack Obama's 2014 do-it-himself wish list.
BAY CITY, Michigan - Leaders in Bay County have rejected a measure to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas House Democrat has drafted a new proposal to bar discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Legislature has given final approval to a bill that bans abortions sought because of a fetus's gender.
AUSTIN, Texas - The candidates for Texas governor sparred over two separate issues Tuesday, with Democratic state Sen. Wendy Davis insisting her opponent won't commit to solidifying gender pay equality into state law and Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott firing back that Davis' law firm may have profited from her work in the Legislature.
GOSHEN, Indiana - One of Goshen College's minors will be a little less girly starting next school year.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A lawyer for a Kansas man convicted in 2005 of killing two women and trying to kill a third says his client's case should be dismissed because the state's death penalty is racially discriminatory.
BOZEMAN, Montana - Two women have filed lawsuits against Buffalo Wild Wings in Bozeman contending nothing happened when they reported their manager harassed them.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - An arm wrestling competition scheduled for the weekend is designed to support transgender youth in South Carolina.
SAN FRANCISCO - A transgender woman in Northern California has sued the company behind the popular CrossFit workouts for refusing to let her compete in the female division of its annual fitness competitions.
UNITED NATIONS - Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared Friday that achieving equality for women and girls is "the great unfinished business of the 21st century."
WINDBER, Pennsylvania - Eighteen current and former female teachers have settled their federal gender pay bias lawsuit against a western Pennsylvania school district for $150,000.
SALT LAKE CITY - Protesters pushing for Utah to adopt a statewide anti-discrimination law protecting sexual and gender orientation returned to the state Capitol on Wednesday afternoon to call out lawmakers for suppressing the bill.
SAN FRANCISCO - A 15-year-old transgender student in California who claimed to have been beaten and sexually assaulted in a school bathroom recanted after a police investigation failed to back up his story.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland Senate has passed a bill to prevent discrimination against people who are transgender.
BOISE, Idaho - The federal government cannot force Idaho to change its definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman, the conservative Cornerstone Family Council of Idaho contends in a recent court filing.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa's civil rights agency can bring discrimination cases against employers even after the affected workers agreed to handle disputes in arbitration, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday in allowing a sex bias case against Rent-A-Center, Inc., to proceed.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's Senate is set to vote on a bill to protect transgender people from discrimination in housing, employment and other areas.
BOISE, Idaho - Gay rights activists were again led out of the Idaho Statehouse in shackles and taken to jail by bus Thursday after a renewed protest seeking to add anti-discrimination protections to Idaho law.
WASHINGTON - Insurance companies in the District of Columbia have been ordered to stop denying coverage to transgender residents seeking gender-reassignment surgery.
SALT LAKE CITY - In an emotional gathering marked by tears, hugs and handshakes, a bipartisan group of more than Utah 20 lawmakers and officials met Wednesday night to hear gay and transgender people share personal experiences with discrimination.
BOISE, Idaho - At least 105 gay rights demonstrators filled the Capitol's basement corridor Tuesday seeking to convince Republican lawmakers to update the Idaho Human Rights Act with discrimination protections based on gender identity and sexual orientation.
SAN FRANCISCO - Opponents of a new California law that provides transgender students certain rights in public schools have failed to gather enough voter signatures to place a referendum to repeal the law on the November ballot.
SAN FRANCISCO - A referendum to overturn a new California law that provides transgender students certain rights in public schools will not appear on the November ballot because its backers failed to gather enough voter signatures to qualify the measure, the secretary of state said Monday.
TOKYO - Honda appointed a woman to its board for the first time and gave a major promotion to a foreigner in signs the automaker wants to change perceptions of a hidebound corporate culture.