- Louisiana Senate to consider equal pay proposal Updated: Apr-23-14 7:53 pm
- SD high school group considers transgender policy Updated: Apr-23-14 6:48 pm
- Soldier convicted in WikiLeaks case gets new name Updated: Apr-23-14 5:34 pm
- Photos explore dynamics of youths' sexual identity Updated: Apr-23-14 3:41 pm
- Lawmaker pulls gay rights anti-discrimination bill Updated: Apr-22-14 5:35 pm
- Saginaw postpones anti-discrimination measure vote Updated: Apr-22-14 1:04 pm
- 9 Pennsylvania colleges target of gender complaint Updated: Apr-17-14 4:31 pm
- Court: Fla. discrimination law covers pregnancy Updated: Apr-17-14 4:07 pm
- Hawaii weighs expanded coverage for infertility Updated: Apr-16-14 12:05 am
- India's top court recognizes third gender category Updated: Apr-15-14 9:38 am
- 2 women sue Boise State over sex assault response Updated: Apr-14-14 7:55 pm
- Boston proposal would boost gender therapy access Updated: Apr-14-14 12:52 pm
- Transgender struggle at George Fox University Updated: Apr-14-14 10:11 am
- Jennifer Lopez, Laverne Cox win GLAAD Media Awards Updated: Apr-13-14 4:46 am
- UN conference provokes heated gay rights debate Updated: Apr-11-14 6:52 pm
- Transgender Okla. City officer seeks House post Updated: Apr-10-14 6:20 pm
- Black lawmakers appeal to DoD over hairstyle ban Updated: Apr-10-14 4:30 pm
- Mo. Senate panel considers gay discrimination bill Updated: Apr-09-14 6:04 pm
- GOP blocks Senate bill curbing gender pay gap Updated: Apr-09-14 4:56 pm
- Transgender juvenile sent to Conn. women's jail Updated: Apr-09-14 7:53 am
- Judge retires, is reprimanded after sexist comment Updated: Apr-08-14 5:10 pm
- Egypt women: Rights on paper, not yet on ground Updated: Apr-08-14 5:32 am
- Neb. job-discrimination bill stalls in Legislature Updated: Apr-07-14 7:55 pm
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Apr-07-14 12:32 pm
- First women joining Palestinian commando unit Updated: Apr-07-14 2:20 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A bill that would prohibit private businesses in Louisiana from unintentionally paying women less than men for doing the same job will pass to the full Senate after receiving a committee's support Wednesday.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota High School Activities Association is considering a policy on transgender students that would allow them to participate in activities according to their identified gender, not necessarily the gender listed on their records.
LEAVENWORTH, Kansas - An Army private convicted of providing classified documents to WikiLeaks won an initial victory Wednesday toward living as a woman when a Kansas judge granted a petition to change her name to Chelsea Elizabeth Manning.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - For many, it's difficult to understand Foster Noone's sexual identity. The 17-year-old uses the labels of bisexual, trans and gender neutral all at once.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An effort to prohibit employers from discriminating based on sexual orientation or gender identity was shelved Tuesday for the legislative session.
SAGINAW, Michigan - City Council in Saginaw has indefinitely postponed consideration of a proposed ordinance to guarantee city residents and visitors equal treatment in employment and public accommodations, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
WASHINGTON - A women's legal organization has filed discrimination complaints against nine universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, alleging the schools have repeatedly failed to provide equal athletic opportunities for female students over several decades.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The state's civil rights laws include the protection of women discriminated against for pregnancy, the Florida Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
HONOLULU - When Piilani Smith was diagnosed with infertility at the doctor's office and chose to pursue fertility treatment, she was shocked by what she learned.
NEW DELHI - India's top court on Tuesday issued a landmark verdict recognizing transgender rights as human rights, saying people can identify themselves as a third gender on official documents.
BOISE, Idaho - Two former Boise State University students are suing the school because they say athletic officials ignored their reports of sexual assault and harassment by a star athlete.
BOSTON - City worker health plans should cover gender reassignment surgery, two Boston city councilors proposed Monday.
NEWBERG, Oregon - About 50 people rallied over the weekend at George Fox University and delivered petitions in support of a transgender student in a housing dispute.
LOS ANGELES - Jennifer Lopez has added a couple of more trophies to her block.
UNITED NATIONS - Many countries at this week's U.N. population conference are objecting to the idea of enshrining the right of women to make their own sexual decisions, fearing it would tacitly condone same-sex relationships, the U.N. population chief said.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A transgender Oklahoma City police officer who engaged in a legal battle with the department a decade ago has retired from the force and is now a candidate for an open seat in the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
WASHINGTON - Black female lawmakers are urging Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to reconsider revised Army regulations that ban hairstyles frequently worn by minority women in the military.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri senators heard conflicting testimony Wednesday on whether it makes good business sense to grant legal discrimination protections to people based on sexual orientation.
WASHINGTON - Republicans blocked a Senate bill Wednesday aimed at narrowing the pay gap between men and women, an election-year ritual that Democrats hope will help spur women to back them in this fall's congressional elections.
EAST LYME, Connecticut - Connecticut prison officials say they're detaining a transgender juvenile at the state women's jail, after a judge transferred custody of the teen from the Department of Children and Families to the Department of Correction.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A veteran New Hampshire judge has retired and been reprimanded after he made comments believed to disparage female lawyers.
CAIRO - Women activists say they won a major step forward with Egypt's new constitution, which enshrined greater rights for women. But months after its passage, they're worrying whether those rights will be implemented or will turn out to be merely ink on paper.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill that would bar Nebraska employers from discriminating based on sexual orientation and gender identity stalled Monday in the Legislature.
Kearney Hub. April 5, 2014.
JERICHO, West Bank - Palestinian women in combat fatigues and headscarves rappelled down a six-story tower, fired assault rifles at imaginary terrorists and in a drill straight out of the movies bundled a would-be VIP into a car and sped off after a shooting.