- 'Room' wins Toronto Film Festival audience award Updated: Sep-20-15 3:59 pm
NEW YORK - The top award of the 40th Toronto International Film Festival on Sunday went to Lenny Abrahamson's "Room," an emotional tale of a captive mother and her five-year son.
- Toronto festival pulls 'London Fields' amid legal dispute Updated: Sep-17-15 8:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - "London Fields" was pulled Thursday from the Toronto International Film Festival after the director sued the producers, saying they altered the movie and added offensive imagery about Islam and the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
- The 7 movies to see from the Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-17-15 2:08 pm
TORONTO - "What have you seen that you liked?"
- 'Whitey' Bulger movie gets private Massachusetts screening Updated: Sep-15-15 11:27 pm
BROOKLINE, Massachusetts - A movie about gangster James "Whitey" Bulger's violent reign as leader of Boston's criminal underworld got its first screening in the state Tuesday.
- Cranston knocks on post-'Breaking Bad' career with 'Trumbo' Updated: Sep-14-15 7:33 pm
TORONTO - Bryan Cranston looks no less gobsmacked the morning after Hellen Mirren, at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of their film "Trumbo," called him "one of the greatest living American actors."
- Oscar winners a year ago, Moore and Redmayne back in Toronto Updated: Sep-13-15 8:27 pm
TORONTO - A year ago at the Toronto International Film Festival, Julianne Moore and Eddie Redmayne debuted the films - "Still Alice" and "The Theory of Everything" - that would go on to land them Oscars.
- For Hank Williams, Hiddleston had to exorcise his Englishman Updated: Sep-13-15 6:02 pm
TORONTO - Rest assured, in the course of playing country music legend Hank Williams in the biopic "I Saw the Light," it was brought to Tom Hiddleston's attention that he is British.
- Dan Rather moved by Toronto premiere of 'Truth' Updated: Sep-13-15 1:34 am
TORONTO - A visibly moved Dan Rather choked up at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere on Saturday night of "Truth," a drama that recounts the events surrounding the CBS News anchor's downfall.
- Michael Moore: 'American exceptionalism is the death of us' Updated: Sep-12-15 3:59 am
TORONTO - "Mike's Happy Movie" was the working title of Michael Moore's latest documentary, "Where to Invade Next," but few would consider its examination of American ills - from runaway college tuition to mass incarceration - the stuff of bubbly, feel-good delight.
- Clooney says more roles should be rewritten for women Updated: Sep-11-15 11:07 pm
TORONTO - George Clooney says the political campaign strategist drama "Our Brand Is Crisis" was sitting on the shelf when Sandra Bullock called up with a novel idea: Change the protagonist to a woman, and let her star in it.
- 'The Martian' blasts off at Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-11-15 6:34 pm
TORONTO - "The Martian" has landed.
- Moore, Gyllenhaal kick off 40th Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-11-15 2:30 am
TORONTO - The Toronto International Film Festival opened its 40th year with a gala double feature of Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Moore.
- Toronto fest teaming with true-life tales, big and small Updated: Sep-09-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Hank Williams, Dan Rather and Lance Armstrong: The fictional guest list to the 40th Toronto International Film Festival is a curious group.