- Flooding swells Montana rivers, washes out roads Updated: Mar-10-14 7:49 pm
- Building evacuated after suicide by chemicals Updated: Mar-10-14 3:47 pm
- Acadia gas well capped, ends evacuations Updated: Mar-07-14 4:08 am
- Fire alarm prompts Wisconsin Capitol evacuation Updated: Mar-05-14 2:28 pm
- Evacuation orders lifted after California storm Updated: Mar-03-14 12:35 am
- South Weber evacuation lifts after mudslide threat Updated: Feb-28-14 7:10 pm
- Evacuation order issued in Monrovia Updated: Feb-28-14 2:11 pm
- NY subway station evacuated due to nearby fire Updated: Feb-26-14 1:58 pm
- 60 evacuated from Hoquiam senior housing building Updated: Feb-25-14 11:11 am
- Mo. firefighter killed at walkway collapse scene Updated: Feb-22-14 7:25 pm
- Evacuations reported from flooding in NE Ohio Updated: Feb-22-14 2:55 pm
- Powder scare prompts evacuation of church building Updated: Feb-21-14 11:38 pm
- Northwood returns to normal after fire, evacuation Updated: Feb-21-14 4:48 pm
- Correction: Chemical Fire-Iowa story Updated: Feb-21-14 1:40 pm
- Officials applaud help during Iowa city evacuation Updated: Feb-20-14 5:17 pm
- Officials: Smoke prompts brief hospital evacuation Updated: Feb-19-14 6:50 am
- Hotel evacuated near BWI for carbon monoxide Updated: Feb-16-14 7:10 pm
- California officials destroy explosive-filled home Updated: Feb-16-14 7:01 pm
- Mill collapse spurs evacuations in north NJ Updated: Feb-16-14 5:04 pm
- Vt. propane fire out; residents return to homes Updated: Feb-15-14 4:08 pm
- Out-of-control oil well prompts worker evacuation Updated: Feb-14-14 7:10 am
- Syria's Homs: Evacuee tells of life under siege Updated: Feb-12-14 3:51 pm
- Suspicious backpack at Stanford deemed no threat Updated: Feb-11-14 5:20 pm
- Scrap metal company fire prompts school evacuation Updated: Feb-11-14 2:57 pm
- Carbon monoxide concern affects Pa. building Updated: Feb-11-14 3:06 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Swollen rivers and impassable roads left hundreds of people cut off in rural areas of Montana on Monday, while in neighboring Wyoming members of the National Guard joined the fight to protect two towns threatened by high water.
FEASTERVILLE, Pennsylvania - About 30 residents of a suburban Philadelphia apartment building had to be evacuated after a resident committed suicide with household chemicals.
EUNICE, Louisiana - An Acadia Parish natural gas well that blew out last week has been capped.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Police briefly evacuated the Wisconsin state Capitol building after a state senator's light bulb began to smoke.
LOS ANGELES - Residents in three California foothill communities headed home Sunday after a powerful storm that threatened to unleash mud on neighborhoods beneath unstable hills scarred by recent wildfires.
SOUTH WEBER, Utah - Residents of four South Weber homes that were evacuated amid threats of a mudslide have returned home.
MONROVIA, California - An evacuation has been ordered in another San Gabriel Mountains foothill community east of Los Angeles due to the threat of flooding and debris flows.
NEW YORK - The Fire Department says dozens of people were evacuated from a Manhattan subway station and three neighboring buildings due to a transformer fire.
HOQUIAM, Washington - More than 60 residents have been evacuated from a low-income senior housing apartment building in Hoquiam because of hazardous levels of bacteria.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A 23-year veteran firefighter was killed Saturday while helping evacuate students from a University of Missouri-run apartment complex after a second-story walkway collapsed, according to Columbia Fire Department officials.
VERMILION, Ohio - Flooding from ice jams have led to evacuations along the Vermilion River and at least one rescue of a resident in northeast Ohio.
SALT LAKE CITY - Initial tests of white powder that was found Friday in an envelope and prompted the partial evacuation of a Mormon church office building revealed the substance was not dangerous or explosive, authorities said.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Life was returning to normal in Northwood on Friday, the day after the entire northern Iowa town of nearly 2,000 residents was evacuated when a fire broke out at a building used to store chemicals, sending a plume of smoke over homes and businesses.
DES MOINES, Iowa - In a story Feb. 20 about a fertilizer fire in the northern Iowa city of Northwood, The Associated Press reported erroneously, based on information from a state official, that the Environmental Protection Agency tested the air quality and determined it was safe. A hazardous materials team from Mason City tested the air, not the EPA, and consulted with other agencies before deeming the air safe.
NORTHWOOD, Iowa - Officials have applauded the work of volunteers who helped with the evacuation of a small northern Iowa city following a chemical fire.
FREMONT, Michigan - Officials say smoke from a mechanical fire prompted a brief evacuation of patients at a small western Michigan hospital.
LINTHICUM, Maryland - Officials evacuated a hotel near the Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport for elevated carbon monoxide levels, and nine people were taken to hospitals for carbon monoxide exposure.
REDDING, California - Sheriff's deputies in far Northern California on Sunday successfully incinerated a mobile home whose resident had amassed more than 60 pounds of highly volatile explosive material days after evacuating dozens of people living nearby.
PATERSON, New Jersey - Heavy snow on the roof apparently caused the collapse of a vacant mill in northern New Jersey, spurring the precautionary evacuation of several residents from four nearby buildings.
ST. ALBANS, Vermont - Officials say it appears that a snowplow hit a propane tank, sparking a fire at a fuel company in the Vermont city of St. Albans.
WATFORD CITY, North Dakota - Fifteen workers were evacuated as a precaution from the site of an out-of-control oil well in northwestern North Dakota.
BEIRUT - Weeping children begged for food and women picked grass to eat as hunger gripped rebel-held neighborhoods of the Syrian city of Homs during a nearly two-year military blockade, according to a rare first-hand account by a man evacuated during a truce this week.
STANFORD, California - A suspicious backpack that prompted evacuations at Stanford University has been determined not to be a threat.
BLUE GRASS, Iowa - Firefighters from several departments were fighting a fire at an eastern Iowa scrap metal company, and smoke billowing from the site prompted the evacuation of a nearby school.
PHILADELPHIA - Residents at a high-rise building for senior citizens have been allowed to return to their apartments after being evacuated to the lobby because of concerns about carbon monoxide.