- Correction: Philippines-Typhoon story Updated: Dec-06-13 1:03 am
- Fierce storm lashes Europe; at least 3 dead Updated: Dec-05-13 6:30 pm
- Fire engulfs Minot apartments under construction Updated: Dec-05-13 11:43 am
- NBA game in Mexico City postponed Updated: Dec-04-13 11:27 pm
- Set fire forces evacuation of Md. high school Updated: Dec-03-13 8:15 pm
- KC City Hall reopens after bomb threat Updated: Dec-03-13 3:25 pm
- Suspicious letter at gov office had baby powder Updated: Dec-03-13 3:02 pm
- Denver apartment fire forces evacuations Updated: Dec-03-13 1:17 pm
- Iowa school reopens following bomb threat Updated: Dec-02-13 5:47 pm
- Princeton reopens buildings after gas leak fixed Updated: Dec-02-13 1:05 pm
- Evacuated Ohioans back home after railcar leak Updated: Dec-01-13 6:12 pm
- Grease fire burns famous NYC Italian restaurant Updated: Nov-29-13 10:29 pm
- Soil removal continues near Ohio railcar leak Updated: Nov-29-13 9:35 pm
- Most Ohio derailment evacuees allowed back home Updated: Nov-28-13 5:13 pm
- Ohio governor meets with evacuees in derailment Updated: Nov-28-13 3:25 pm
- Chimney fire prompts Broomfield evacuations Updated: Nov-28-13 1:28 pm
- Roma camp evacuated near rail lines to Paris Updated: Nov-27-13 9:47 am
- Man who made bomb threat sent to NC hospital Updated: Nov-26-13 2:03 pm
- Man who made bomb threat sent to NC hospital Updated: Nov-26-13 12:13 pm
- Family evacuates when floor shifts in Tampa house Updated: Nov-26-13 10:14 am
- More gases erupt from rumbling Indonesian volcano Updated: Nov-25-13 3:32 am
- Brush fire spurs evacuations in central NJ town Updated: Nov-24-13 1:47 pm
- New map predicts tsunami effects on Sitka Updated: Nov-24-13 6:53 am
- American Indian museum evacuated after man falls Updated: Nov-23-13 7:59 pm
- Man acknowledges starting wildfire in SW Colorado Updated: Nov-23-13 1:08 pm
TACLOBAN, Philippines - In a story Nov. 10 about Typhoon Haiyan, The Associated Press incorrectly reported that a tsunami in the south in 1976 killed 5,791 people. The actual number is 4,791 dead, according to a 1978 study by the Special Committee on Tsunami Warning System of the National Committee on Marine Sciences, National Science Development Board.
LONDON - Britain braced for severe flooding and the worst tidal surge in 60 years after a powerful storm with hurricane-force gusts hit the country Thursday and began moving across Europe.
MINOT, North Dakota - Fire has engulfed some apartments under construction in Minot.
ABERDEEN, Maryland - A 16-year-old student has been charged with setting a fire in the bathroom of a high school that forced the evacuation of 1,400 students.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police say a search of City Hall following a bomb threat has turned up nothing suspicious.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State officials say a "suspicious letter" that caused an evacuation at Gov. Pat Quinn's constituent services office in Springfield contained baby powder.
DENVER - An electrical fire has forced dozens of people to evacuate a Denver apartment complex.
REMSEN, Iowa - Students and staff have been allowed to return to a school in northwest Iowa that was evacuated due to a bomb threat.
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Princeton University has reopened all 11 buildings that were evacuated after a gas leak.
WILLARD, Ohio - Hundreds of people forced to evacuate after a railcar damaged in a train derailment in northern Ohio leaked flammable liquid have returned home.
NEW YORK - An elegantly decorated eatery that bills itself as the oldest Italian restaurant in New York City has been evacuated after a grease fire broke out in its kitchen.
WILLARD, Ohio - Cleanup crews are working to remove soil impacted after a Tuesday train derailment in northern Ohio damaged a railcar that leaked flammable liquid and forced the evacuation of hundreds of homes.
WILLARD, Ohio - Most of the estimated 425 families evacuated after a train derailment and chemical spill were allowed to return home Thursday.
WILLARD, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) met with families evacuated because of a train derailment and chemical spill in northern Ohio.
BROOMFIELD, Colorado - A Thanksgiving morning chimney fire in Broomfield led to evacuations for a four-unit condominium building and one injury.
PARIS - French police have evacuated a camp of about 550 Roma on the outskirts of Paris, after the national railway and the Paris utility filed complaints about dozens of shacks on their property.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A man who made a hoax bomb threat at Jacksonville International Airport was taken to a federal medical facility in North Carolina earlier than planned on Tuesday because of concerns about his mental and physical health, authorities said.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A man who made a hoax bomb threat at Jacksonville International Airport in Florida is being taken to a federal medical facility because of concerns about his mental and physical health.
TAMPA, Florida - A family was evacuated from their home in Tampa after the floor in one room shifted, and firefighters are planning to return to the home Tuesday to try and determine if a sinkhole is causing the problem.
KARO, Indonesia - Powerful bursts of hot ash and gravel erupted from a rumbling volcano in western Indonesia early Monday, sending panicked villagers streaming down the sides of the mountain.
OLD BRIDGE, New Jersey - Several homes in Old Bridge Township have been evacuated as firefighters battle a growing brush fire in the central New Jersey community.
SITKA, Alaska - The state has released a tsunami inundation map for Sitka, showing the estimated high-water mark in the event of a tsunami.
WASHINGTON - A Smithsonian Institution spokesman says the Museum of the American Indian was evacuated Saturday after a man apparently jumped over a railing inside the building and fell to his death.
CORTEZ, Colorado - A 54-year-old Dolores man accused of starting a wildfire that prompted evacuations in southwest Colorado has pleaded guilty to fourth-degree arson.