- London homes near Wembley evacuated after WWII bomb is found Updated: May-22-15 7:22 am
LONDON - British police have closed roads and evacuated hundreds of homes near London's Wembley Stadium as the army works to defuse an unexploded World War II bomb.
- School evacuated due to unknown odor, some students get sick Updated: May-21-15 12:14 pm
HILLSBORO, New Hampshire - Authorities say Hillsboro-Deering High School in New Hampshire has been evacuated due to an unknown odor in the building.
- Nobody hurt as high water pushes school bus off Texas road Updated: May-21-15 10:20 am
FORT WORTH, Texas - Heavy rain in parts of North Texas has forced evacuations and made driving treacherous as high water sent a school bus off a road.
- Woman arrested after bomb threat prompts LA evacuations Updated: May-20-15 7:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - Police have arrested a woman who they say made a bomb threat, prompting two buildings to be evacuated and streets to be closed in a bustling area of downtown Los Angeles.
- South Texas oil well explodes, prompting evacuations Updated: May-19-15 11:08 pm
KARNES CITY, Texas - A South Texas oil well exploded, spewing toxic hydrogen sulfide gas that forced the evacuation of several nearby homes.
- Train derails in Louisiana; precautionary evacuation ordered Updated: May-19-15 11:00 pm
ADDIS, Louisiana - Four chemical tanker cars derailed in Louisiana on Tuesday, prompting emergency officials to order a precautionary overnight evacuation of two nearby subdivisions.
- Train derails in Addis, precautionary evacuation ordered Updated: May-19-15 8:28 pm
ADDIS, Louisiana - Emergency officials have ordered an overnight evacuation for people in two subdivisions near where four chemical tanker cars derailed Tuesday in the West Baton Rouge Parish town of Addis. No injuries were reported.
- 31,000 evacuated in German city of Hannover due to WWII bomb Updated: May-19-15 1:10 pm
BERLIN - Some 31,000 residents in the northern German city of Hannover are being forced to temporarily evacuate their homes after construction crews found an unexploded 250-kilogram (550-pound) bomb underneath a former high school.
- Broken boiler hose leads to 40 evacuated from nursing home Updated: May-18-15 7:41 am
GLOVER, Vermont - A broken boiler hose led to the evacuation of 40 residents at a Vermont nursing home over the weekend.
- Small New Orleans hotel evacuated because of electrical fire Updated: May-17-15 5:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Fire Department says an electrical fire forced evacuation of a 134-room hotel in downtown New Orleans.
- Dallas Stars players evacuate facility in police lockdown Updated: May-15-15 7:52 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Three Dallas Stars players are among those evacuated from the NHL franchise's practice facility as local police search for suspects in an armed robbery.
- Dallas Stars players evacuate facility in police lockdown Updated: May-15-15 2:56 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Three Dallas Stars players were among those evacuated from the NHL franchise's practice facility Friday as police searched for suspects in an armed robbery.
- Amtrak fire in Milwaukee prompts train evacuation Updated: May-14-15 6:11 pm
MILWAUKEE - Authorities say all passengers and crew members were safely evacuated after a fire broke out in the engine of an Amtrak train in Milwaukee.
- School evacuated after construction crew severs gas line Updated: May-12-15 4:51 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities say nearly 600 students were evacuated from a Fayetteville Christian school when a construction crew severed a gas line.
- Bomb squad called to Superior hotel for suspicious device Updated: May-12-15 6:52 am
SUPERIOR, Wisconsin - A hotel in Superior was evacuated and the bomb squad was summoned after a suspicious device was left at the front desk.
- Home evacuated, 10 exposed to mercury in Ventura County Updated: May-11-15 11:58 pm
SIMI VALLEY, California - Ventura County authorities say 10 people may have been exposed to toxic mercury that spilled into a driveway, prompting evacuation of six homes.
- Typhoon swerves into Japan, leaves 2 dead in Philippines Updated: May-11-15 11:06 pm
TOKYO - A powerful typhoon swerved into southern Japan Tuesday after hammering the northeastern tip of the Philippines, leaving at least two people dead.
- North Texas mall evacuated after transformer fire Updated: May-10-15 6:41 pm
FRISCO, Texas - A North Texas mall was evacuated after a fire involving two transformers. No one was hurt.
- Springfield industrial fire leads to brief evacuations Updated: May-09-15 12:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield firefighters have battled a stubborn fire overnight at a metal recycling company.
- Correction: Vietnam 40th-Last Marines Out story Updated: May-08-15 6:18 am
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - In a story April 30 about the last Marines to leave Saigon at the end of the Vietnam War, The Associated Press incorrectly reported that Cpl. Charles McMahon and Lance Cpl. Darwin Judge were the last U.S. servicemen to die in the war. They were the last U.S. service members killed by enemy fire in the country. At least six others died later as part of the war, either at sea off the coast of Vietnam or in Cambodia.
- Firefighters work to get forest fire under control Updated: May-07-15 5:50 pm
SHAMONG, New Jersey - Firefighters are working to get a brush fire burning in southern New Jersey under control.
- Colorado Springs homes evacuated after wall collapse Updated: May-07-15 10:23 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The residents of at least three houses in Colorado Springs could be out of their homes for several days after a retaining wall collapsed in the rain.
- Manhole explodes by New York's Penn Station; hotel evacuated Updated: May-06-15 4:55 pm
NEW YORK - A manhole explosion near New York City's Penn Station has led to the evacuations of a hotel and the studios of Al Jazeera America. It also has snarled traffic and affected area phone, Internet and cable service.
- French cable ship evacuated after fire in Honolulu harbor Updated: May-06-15 3:28 pm
HONOLULU - A crew was forced to evacuate a French cargo ship carrying cables after it caught fire in Honolulu Harbor.
- Fire at Washington state oil refinery sends smoke across sky Updated: May-06-15 2:43 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A crude oil fire at the U.S. Oil and Refining Co. burned for almost two hours Wednesday, sending plumes of black smoke over the Port of Tacoma, but it didn't cause any injuries, according to a company spokesman.