- Reno: No injuries after fire in Peppermill laundry room Updated: Nov-27-15 6:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - Authorities say nobody was injured but some guests were evacuated when a fire broke out in the laundry room of the Peppermill resort in Reno.
- Dryer fire prompts evacuation of Sioux Falls apartment Updated: Nov-25-15 8:42 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - No one was hurt when a basement clothes dryer caught fire and prompted the evacuation of a Sioux Falls apartment building.
- Students evacuated after dorm fire at Stony Brook University Updated: Nov-21-15 10:48 pm
STONY BROOK, New York - A fire at Stony Brook University has forced students to evacuate from one of the college's residence halls.
- North Alabama post office evacuated over strange smell Updated: Nov-21-15 4:37 pm
MADISON, Alabama - Authorities say a north Alabama post office was evacuated after workers called to report a suspicious odor.
- Las Vegas school chemistry lab evacuated due to fumes Updated: Nov-20-15 1:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - A fire official says 34 students were evacuated from a Las Vegas high school chemistry lab and six teens and their teacher were checked by medics after a demonstration generated eye-stinging fumes.
- Federal building briefly evacuated over suspicious device Updated: Nov-19-15 7:00 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say a federal office building in Salt Lake City was briefly evacuated Thursday afternoon after a man tried to enter with a suspicious package.
- Driver evacuates 35 kids from school bus before fire Updated: Nov-18-15 2:35 pm
JUPITER, Florida - Officials are calling a South Florida school bus driver a hero after she evacuated 35 students before her bus caught fire.
- False alarm triggered at state Capitol, prompts evacuation Updated: Nov-18-15 11:26 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Workers and visitors at the Oklahoma Capitol are being let back in the building after construction workers apparently triggered a fire alarm accidentally.
- Crews work to clear up after 2 Wisconsin train derailments Updated: Nov-09-15 9:00 pm
WATERTOWN, Wisconsin - Crews worked Monday to clear freight cars from rail tracks and contain spilled crude oil and chemicals after two trains derailed in Wisconsin about 200 miles apart over the weekend.
- The Latest: Residents allowed home after CP train derailment Updated: Nov-09-15 8:43 pm
WATERTOWN, Wisconsin - The latest developments following the derailments of two trains that spilled loads in Wisconsin this past weekend (all times local):
- Lanham apartment buildings evacuated after shaking, cracks Updated: Nov-09-15 9:49 am
LANHAM, Maryland - Two apartment buildings in Prince George's County have been evacuated after firefighters say the buildings shook and massive cracks formed in the walls.
- Smoke from electrical vault prompts theater, mall evacuation Updated: Nov-08-15 5:29 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles movie theater and part of an adjoining mall was evacuated after smoke came up from an underground power vault.
- Eastern Indiana school hopes its solved odor trouble Updated: Nov-08-15 1:30 pm
EATON, Indiana - District officials for an eastern Indiana elementary school that had to evacuate students two days in a row before canceling classes because of natural gas odors in the building are hoping they've fixed the problem.
- Fire forces evacuation of part of Pulaski County jail Updated: Nov-07-15 5:38 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A fire started by inmates at the Pulaski County jail forced a partial evacuation of the facility.
- Building evacuated after masked man leaves package outside Updated: Nov-06-15 12:48 pm
DETROIT - A downtown Detroit building housing some Wayne County government offices has been evacuated after a masked man left a suspicious metal package outside.
- The Latest: Fire Dept.: Motor was cause of high-rise fire Updated: Nov-06-15 12:48 pm
PHOENIX - Developments related to a fire Friday morning in a Phoenix high-rise building (all times local):
- Teen pleads guilty to sending threats to school officials Updated: Nov-06-15 6:37 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine teenager who police say sent two threatening emails to a school district that closed school for three days last year has pleaded guilty.
- Newnan High School evacuated after reports of strong odor Updated: Nov-04-15 5:11 am
NEWNAN, Georgia - Officials say Newnan High School was evacuated after multiple reports of a strong chemical odor.
- Month in jail for Fallon man arrested in weed-killer stunt Updated: Nov-03-15 6:21 pm
RENO, Nevada - A man who caused the evacuation of a government meeting in Reno by pretending to drink weed killer while protesting the city's use of pesticides has been sentenced to a month in jail.
- Swedish police evacuate Roma camp deemed unsanitary Updated: Nov-03-15 11:33 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish police on Tuesday evacuated a Roma camp in the southern city of Malmo after a months-long standoff between city authorities and about 200 people who had settled there without permission.
- Scores evacuated as fire burns unit in low-income high-rise Updated: Nov-02-15 9:27 am
CRAFTON, Pennsylvania - More than 100 residents have been safely evacuated from a high-rise apartment building for low-income residents near Pittsburgh, and all but those on the floor where the fire occurred have been allowed to return.
- Scores evacuated due to fire at 8-story apartment complex Updated: Nov-01-15 3:57 pm
CRAFTON, Pennsylvania - Authorities say scores of residents were evacuated from a western Pennsylvania apartment building due to a fire.
- The Latest on Texas storms: Body found; death toll at 6 Updated: Oct-31-15 5:28 pm
HOUSTON - The latest on the strong storms buffeting Texas for a second day, causing flooding and possible tornadoes (all times local):