- Wyoming woman dies of rabies after she was bitten by a bat Updated: Oct-07-15 9:10 am
RIVERTON, Wyoming - Officials say a Fremont County woman has died after contracting what is believed to be Wyoming's first confirmed human rabies case.
- Several treated after regatta boats take on water Updated: Oct-05-15 8:34 am
LOWELL, Massachusetts - Several people who were competing in a boat race in Lowell have been hospitalized for possible hypothermia.
- Autopsy: Missing hunter likely died of hypothermia Updated: Oct-01-15 4:46 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - Preliminary autopsy results indicate an 84-year-old Wilson man who failed to return from a hunting trip east of Jackson died of hypothermia.
- Stevens County deputies: Man kills half-brother with arrow Updated: Sep-29-15 10:52 am
ADDY, Washington - Deputies in Steven County say a 50-year-old man shot and killed his half-brother with an arrow.
- Roundup of Arkansas editorials Updated: Sep-29-15 9:03 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
- Senator calls for further investigation into inmate death Updated: Sep-28-15 6:20 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A West Tennessee inmate died from natural causes, according to prison officials, but an autopsy showed he died from multiple traumatic injuries - and a state senator said Monday that Gov. Bill Haslam should further investigate the case.
- College wins grant for work on preventing military injuries Updated: Sep-28-15 1:35 pm
University of Kentucky researchers secured a $4.2 million grant Monday to look for ways to prevent training injuries among elite U.S. military members. It's part of a new campus initiative to reduce injuries from athletic fields to military training fields.
- Barrington man raises $30,000 for charity with 40-mile swim Updated: Sep-28-15 7:58 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - A Barrington man who completed a 40-mile weekend swim around Aquidneck Island has raised about $30,000 for charity.
- Roethlisberger injures left knee, Steelers wait on MRI Updated: Sep-27-15 8:52 pm
The Steelers will wait for results of an MRI on Ben Roethlisberger's left knee after the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback was carted off the field in the third quarter of Sunday's 12-6 win at St. Louis.
- Couple marries in hospital chapel after bride breaks leg Updated: Sep-27-15 5:53 pm
BETTENDORF, Iowa - An Iowa couple got married in a hospital chapel this weekend after the bride broke her leg on their wedding day.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Woman in northeast ND taken to burn unit after house fire Updated: Sep-24-15 1:49 pm
GILBY, North Dakota - A 45-year-old woman in northeast North Dakota has been transported to a burn unit following an early morning house fire.
- Police, others stung by bees after hive falls in Coronado Updated: Sep-22-15 8:37 am
CORONADO, California - San Diego County authorities say police officers were among at least six people stung when a bee hive fell out of a tree in Coronado.
- The Latest: Alonso, acquired for McCoy, out with knee injury Updated: Sep-20-15 5:52 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the second Sunday of the season(all times EDT):
- Concussion symptoms end Gerron's Austin Peay career Updated: Sep-18-15 3:09 pm
CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee - Concussion-related issues have caused Austin Peay running back Otis Gerron to end his college career.
- Bee stings, research that makes you go 'huh?' win Ig Nobels Updated: Sep-17-15 10:41 pm
BOSTON - A Cornell University graduate student who allowed honeybees to sting him in 25 places and a group of scientists who concluded it's possible for one man to father 888 children are among the winners of this year's Ig Nobels, which honor humorous scientific achievement.
- Shark-bitten marine mammals found on Oregon beaches Updated: Sep-17-15 8:39 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - In at least one telling of the story, a local surfer is out looking for waves in the ocean off Fort Stevens State Park around this same time several years ago.
- Missoula County under quarantine after rabid skunk found Updated: Sep-17-15 5:03 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Missoula County is under a 60-day quarantine after a rabid skunk was captured northwest of Missoula in an area where a woman had been bitten by a skunk, the Department of Livestock said Thursday.
- FAN GUIDE: A look at common football injuries Updated: Sep-17-15 4:00 am
NEW YORK - Sprains and strains. ACLs, MCLs and patellar tendons.
- NHL to use concussion spotters at all games Updated: Sep-16-15 7:23 pm
TORONTO - The NHL will have concussion spotters at all games this season to help teams identify visible signs and symptoms of the injury.
- Ninilchik man treated for hypothermia after night outside Updated: Sep-16-15 11:47 am
NINILCHIK, Alaska - An 81-year-old Ninilchik man was rescued after apparently spending a night in frigid temperatures near his home.
- Inmate sues over delayed treatment of leg injury Updated: Sep-16-15 6:43 am
PITTSBURGH - A former inmate at a western Pennsylvania prison has filed suit for what he says was the delayed treatment of his leg injury.
- NFL's safety campaign includes rule changes and PR effort Updated: Sep-14-15 2:39 pm
NEW YORK - Jim Gossett has been paid to watch football games for more than 30 years: for three decades as an athletic trainer at Columbia University and four seasons as an injury spotter for the NFL.
- Tricycle injuries send thousands of tykes to ERs each year Updated: Sep-14-15 7:01 am
CHICAGO - Tricycles might seem pretty tame but they send thousands of kids to emergency rooms each year and are even linked to a handful of deaths, new research shows. Here are three things to know about tricycle risks:
- Jets' Mauldin hospitalized with concussion, no neck injury Updated: Sep-13-15 8:42 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - New York Jets rookie linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin has a concussion - but no neck injury, as initially feared - and was hospitalized overnight for observation after being carted off the field in the team's season-opening win over the Cleveland Browns.