- Study: Half of jailed NYC youths have brain injury Updated: Apr-18-14 3:17 pm
- Son admits hosting party that led to teen's death Updated: Apr-16-14 9:58 pm
- More former players sue NHL regarding concussions Updated: Apr-15-14 11:02 pm
- Man injured while canyoneering in northern Arizona Updated: Apr-14-14 9:58 pm
- Arizona senator breaks leg in House-Senate game Updated: Apr-10-14 6:56 pm
- NE Indiana man convicted in girl's burn death Updated: Apr-10-14 11:25 am
- Warwick building burns to the ground, no injuries Updated: Apr-08-14 7:16 am
- Electrical device helps paralyzed men move legs Updated: Apr-08-14 3:55 am
- Paralyzed Ohio man determined to skate again Updated: Apr-06-14 12:16 pm
- Chile: some services restored after quake Updated: Apr-04-14 4:53 pm
- Town marshal badly hurt in motorcycle crash Updated: Apr-03-14 8:35 am
- Boats burn at Stamford marina, no major injuries Updated: Apr-03-14 6:53 am
- Safety stand down to address on the job injuries Updated: Apr-03-14 4:19 am
- Florence fireman hurt while battling brush fire Updated: Apr-02-14 5:43 pm
- Audit: Mine injury underreporting data lacking Updated: Apr-02-14 1:43 pm
- Motorist suffers serious injuries in crash Updated: Apr-02-14 1:44 am
- Probation extended for costumed crime fighter Updated: Mar-31-14 9:02 pm
- Autopsy: Missing man died of drowning, hypothermia Updated: Mar-31-14 2:43 pm
- Authorities: ATV accidents a troubling trend Updated: Mar-29-14 12:07 pm
- Study: MMA brain injury risk higher than boxing Updated: Mar-28-14 1:10 pm
- Sharp rise in dog-bite cases in Arizona Updated: Mar-27-14 6:38 pm
- Boston mourns 2 firefighters killed in blaze Updated: Mar-27-14 5:36 pm
- Women: J&J trashed records in product injury suits Updated: Mar-26-14 5:58 pm
- Conn. court: Horse owners must prevent injuries Updated: Mar-26-14 4:32 pm
- Conn. man rescued after falling through ice Updated: Mar-25-14 11:52 pm
NEW YORK - About half of all 16- to 18-year-olds coming into New York City's jails say they had a traumatic brain injury before being incarcerated, most caused by assaults, according to a new study that's the latest in a growing body of research documenting head trauma among young offenders.
MADISON, Minnesota - A 19-year-old western Minnesota man has admitted that he hosted an underage drinking party attended by a star high school athlete from Dawson who was later found dead of hypothermia.
MINNEAPOLIS - Another group of former NHL players has joined the fight for compensation for head injuries they say they incurred while playing, while at the same time targeting the violence of the game that they believe brought about those injuries.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A Phoenix man is being treated at a hospital after falling while canyoneering in northern Arizona.
PHOENIX - An Arizona state senator who planned to run in the Boston Marathon later this month was on crutches Thursday at the Capitol after breaking her leg in the annual House-Senate softball game.
MARION, Indiana - A jury has convicted a northeastern Indiana man of neglect charges in the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter from burn injuries.
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Warwick officials say a two-story commercial building has burned to the ground in a blaze that drew additional firefighters from Cranston and Providence. No injuries have been reported.
LONDON - Three years ago, doctors reported that zapping a paralyzed man's spinal cord with electricity allowed him to stand and move his legs. Now they've done the same with three other patients, suggesting their original success was no fluke.
SYLVANIA, Ohio - Through thick and thin, the saying goes about the tenacity of friendships to last through life's ups and downs. Few can attest to the vitality of that personal bond like Sylvania native Jeremy Bigelow.
IQUIQUE, Chile - Chilean officials said Friday that water, fuel, electricity and other essential services are being re-established three days after a powerful magnitude-8.2 earthquake rattled the country's far north. But pockets of poor people living in damaged homes, shantytowns and tents were still suffering the brunt of the disaster, and the hypothermia death of a newborn raised the quake's toll to seven.
COLUMBUS, Indiana - Police say the town marshal of a central Indiana community suffered severe head injuries in a motorcycle crash.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Stamford officials say four people were treated for smoke inhalation as a fire damaged two boats at a marina and sent smoke toward Interstate 95.
ATLANTA - Federal labor officials say they're partnering with construction contractors, the Federal Highway Administration and others to educate workers on preventing on-the-job injuries and fatalities.
FLORENCE, South Carolina - Authorities say a firefighter suffered serious burns to his neck while fighting a brush fire in Florence County.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Mine Safety and Health Administration should improve its data on mine operators' underreporting of work-related injuries and illnesses so that it can better target enforcement to address the problem, a federal audit said.
ACWORTH, New Hampshire - A motorist has suffered serious injuries after he lost control of his pick-up truck and it rolled down an embankment in Acworth.
FLINT, Michigan - A one-time costumed crime fighter who took a step on the wrong side of the law will spend more time on probation.
VENTNOR, New Jersey - Authorities say a southern New Jersey man whose body was found late last week in a waterway near his home died of drowning and hypothermia.
SAUCIER, Mississippi - Gerald Benton II nearly died after his all-terrain vehicle flipped during a race with his father in 2004. Had he been wearing a helmet, he would've walked away from the accident with minor injuries.
ALBANY, New York - A new study says about a third of professional mixed martial arts matches end in knockout or technical knockout, indicating a higher incidence of brain trauma than boxing or other martial arts.
PHOENIX - The number of cases of people treated in Arizona for dog bites has risen dramatically in the last few years, the state's top health official said Thursday, citing a study his staff compiled in response to a recent mauling of a boy that generated national attention.
BOSTON - One was a fitness enthusiast who helped the wounded after the Boston Marathon bombings and planned to run the race himself this year. The other was a father of three young children who had firefighting in his blood.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Lawyers and advocates for women alleging Johnson & Johnson products injured them urged the U.S. Justice Department on Wednesday to investigate their claims the health care giant deliberately destroyed many documents critical to their lawsuits.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Owners of horses and other domestic animals must try to prevent their animals from causing foreseeable injuries, the state's highest court ruled Wednesday in a decision that avoided the larger issue of whether horses are inherently vicious while siding with a family whose child was bitten by one.
OXFORD, Connecticut - A Naugatuck man has suffered hypothermia after falling through the ice at the Naugatuck State Forest Reservoir in Oxford.