- Frank Gifford's family says CTE found in his brain Updated: Nov-25-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - The family of Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford says signs of the degenerative disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy were found in his brain after his death.
- Military Veteran Project in Topeka growing Updated: Nov-23-15 10:45 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - If the Military Veteran Project succeeds at improving brain injury treatment and other goals, Melissa Jarboe won't be running the organization she founded.
- Officials issue hypothermia alert in DC, freeze expected Updated: Nov-22-15 6:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The Department of Homeland Security will activate a hypothermia alert for the District of Columbia.
- Investigators probe death of a man found with body trauma Updated: Nov-20-15 12:39 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities in Newark are probing the death of a man who was found with apparent body trauma.
- Autopsy: 11-month-old boy died of blunt impact head trauma Updated: Nov-20-15 8:19 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The Attorney General's office says an 11-month-old boy from Alexandria died of blunt impact head trauma and is calling the death a homicide.
- 3 men file lawsuits after e-cigarette batteries explode Updated: Nov-20-15 7:44 am
LOS ANGELES - Three California men have filed lawsuits against manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers of electronic cigarettes, claiming the products' batteries exploded, causing severe injuries.
- Red Wings put Johan Franzen on long-term injury reserve Updated: Nov-19-15 5:13 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have put forward Johan Franzen on long-term injury reserve because of concussion-like symptoms.
- Lawyers: NFL concussion deal excludes central brain injury Updated: Nov-19-15 3:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Former players appealing the NFL's $1 billion plan to address concussion-linked injuries asked a court on Thursday to reject the settlement because it excludes what they call the signature brain disease of football.
- Autopsy: Police dog bites led to Florida inmate's death Updated: Nov-18-15 3:27 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Authorities have concluded that a 22-year-old central Florida jail inmate died because of infections resulting from police dog bites received during an August arrest.
- Lost hiker spent 2 cold nights in Angeles National Forest Updated: Nov-10-15 8:56 am
ALTADENA, California - A 23-year-old woman was rescued after spending two cold nights lost in Angeles National Forest.
- Vikings QB Bridgewater leaves game with head injury Updated: Nov-08-15 6:41 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was knocked out of the game by a hit to the head in the fourth quarter against the St. Louis Rams on Sunday that caused a concussion.
- 65-year-old woman found dead with head trauma in NYC Updated: Nov-07-15 9:12 am
NEW YORK - Police say a 65-year-old woman was found dead in her Manhattan apartment after suffering head trauma.
- Laramie native Tristan Eickbush gives up football for health Updated: Nov-06-15 1:59 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Two hits in a span of 24 hours changed Tristan Eickbush's life.
- 'Concussion' doctor aiding marijuana-based research company Updated: Nov-03-15 4:11 pm
The doctor portrayed in the upcoming football movie "Concussion" is on the board of a company looking for a marijuana-based treatment for head injuries.
- Man dies after multiple hornet stings Updated: Nov-02-15 8:18 pm
CLE ELUM, Washington - Officials say a 60-year-old from North Bend man has died after being stung multiple times by hornets.
- Man suffers shrapnel wound at firing range Updated: Nov-02-15 12:29 pm
EDEN, Vermont - A Vermont man has suffered a non-life-threatening shrapnel wound at a firing range in Eden.
- Baton Rouge General moving its Regional Burn Center Updated: Oct-28-15 10:30 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge General is working on plans to move its Regional Burn Center from its Mid City campus to the Bluebonnet Boulevard medical center.
- Indiana man breaks leg while hunting, crawls for 2 hours Updated: Oct-27-15 10:10 am
CANNELTON, Indiana - Conservation officers say a southern Indiana man who broke a leg when he fell while deer hunting crawled for two hours to reach his all-terrain vehicle and contact authorities.