- Looking ahead to Breeders' Cup Classic with American Pharoah Updated: Jun-25-15 8:04 pm
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Then again, let's.
- Triple Crown stars still riding high 2 weeks after Belmont Updated: Jun-21-15 6:37 pm
The party's still on for the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years - and the owner, trainer and jockey. Since American Pharoah completed his sweep of the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont Stakes, the past few weeks have turned into a whirlwind of TV appearances, first pitches and victory celebrations for owner Ahmed Zayat, trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Victor Espinoza.
- Most $2 win bets on American Pharoah in Belmont uncashed Updated: Jun-08-15 7:20 pm
NEW YORK - Souvenirs, everyone?
- LIRR says it saw bump in riders leaving Belmont Stakes Updated: Jun-08-15 4:14 pm
MINEOLA, New York - The Long Island Rail Road says it saw an unexpected increase in ridership for fans leaving this year's Belmont Stakes.
- Triple Crown winner burned up last quarter-mile in Belmont Updated: Jun-08-15 7:05 am
NEW YORK - 24.32 seconds.
- Triple Crown win draws big TV rating, but not biggest Updated: Jun-07-15 12:30 pm
NEW YORK - American Pharoah's historic Triple Crown win drew the third-best preliminary television rating for the Belmont Stakes since that started being measured in 1988.
- American Pharoah shows winning Triple Crown is possible Updated: Jun-07-15 4:27 am
NEW YORK - American Pharoah proved it's not impossible to win the Triple Crown.
- Espinoza never doubted American Pharoah in Triple Crown run Updated: Jun-07-15 3:05 am
NEW YORK - Victor Espinoza called it "the best feeling I ever had," and American Pharoah was only through the first turn.
- At Belmont and beyond, fans celebrate American Pharoah's win Updated: Jun-07-15 2:08 am
NEW YORK - From Belmont Park to Fenway Park and far beyond, it was a party that horse racing had been waiting to throw for 37 years.
- American Pharoah runs into history with Triple Crown Updated: Jun-07-15 1:27 am
NEW YORK - By mid-stretch, Bob Baffert knew it. American Pharoah was going to win the Triple Crown.
- Excited, orderly crowd leaves Belmont after Pharoah win Updated: Jun-06-15 10:59 pm
NEW YORK - Fans who witnessed American Pharoah's historic Triple Crown championship left Belmont Park on Saturday without major traffic jams, backups or overcrowded platforms.
- The keys to American Pharoah's ride to Triple Crown history Updated: Jun-06-15 9:52 pm
NEW YORK - American Pharoah made his own luck in winning the Belmont Stakes, ending the 37-year Triple Crown drought.
- Honor Code impresses in Met Mile on Belmont undercard Updated: Jun-06-15 9:42 pm
NEW YORK - Honor Code was the second-most impressive performer on Belmont Stakes Day, posting a three-length victory in the $1.25 million Metropolitan Handicap.
- 4-year-old colt is euthanized after Belmont injury Updated: Jun-06-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - A 4-year-old colt was euthanized Saturday after breaking a bone in his left front foot in the Jaipur Invitational at Belmont Park.
- The Latest: Updating odds for Belmont Stakes Updated: Jun-06-15 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - American Pharoah will try to win the Triple Crown on Saturday, when he takes on seven rivals in the Belmont Stakes. Here's what's going on at and around the track in the hours leading up to the race, scheduled to start at 6:50 p.m. EDT:
- Yay or neigh: Would a Triple Crown help or hurt racing? Updated: Jun-05-15 4:18 pm
NEW YORK - Will the long, long wait finally end in the Belmont Stakes on Saturday?
- Column: Triple Crown should remain toughest feat in sports Updated: Jun-05-15 3:26 pm
Imagine Usain Bolt having to beat a bunch of well-rested runners in every heat to capture an Olympic gold medal.
- American Pharoah gallops for final time before Belmont Updated: Jun-05-15 10:51 am
NEW YORK - American Pharoah took a final gallop around Belmont Park on Friday before he attempts to win the Belmont Stakes and become the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
- 8,000 tickets remain for Belmont Stakes Updated: Jun-04-15 4:56 pm
NEW YORK - Approximately 8,000 general admission tickets remain for American Pharoah's Triple Crown quest Saturday in the Belmont Stakes.
- Despite changes, officials predict long wait to exit Belmont Updated: Jun-04-15 4:31 pm
NEW YORK - With an expected crowd that could fill two Yankee Stadiums, officials were warning Thursday that it could take up to two hours to leave after Saturday's Belmont Stakes, but noted that would be an improvement over last year when some fans spent nearly twice as long jamming into a dilapidated train station or maneuvering through a quagmire of parking lots.
- Longtime Baffert assistant relishing chance for Triple Crown Updated: Jun-04-15 2:27 am
Jimmy Barnes' role as a member of Bob Baffert's team goes well beyond his job description of assistant trainer.
- Triple Crown contender American Pharoah has his quirks Updated: Jun-04-15 2:12 am
NEW YORK - Like a lot of athletes, American Pharoah has his quirks.
- Longtime Cuomo aide new leader of NY horse racing board Updated: Jun-03-15 6:21 pm
ALBANY, New York - An Albany insider with longstanding ties to the Cuomo family is taking control of the New York Racing Association after its chairman went on leave just days before its premier event, the Belmont Stakes.
- Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah is Belmont favorite Updated: Jun-03-15 5:24 pm
NEW YORK - Bob Baffert and the rest of the group in charge of American Pharoah could smile and laugh Wednesday after the Triple Crown hopeful landed in the No. 5 post position for the Belmont Stakes.
- NBC and NY Racing Association agree to long-term deal Updated: Jun-03-15 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - The Belmont Stakes will be staying on NBC after the network and New York Racing Association reached a long-term agreement.