- Lawyers in profiling case can't agree on monitor Updated: Dec-09-13 7:35 pm
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors Updated: Dec-08-13 11:02 pm
- Hunters accuse Minn. DNR of racial profiling Updated: Dec-07-13 6:14 pm
- DOJ: Stats show Alamance deputies profile Latinos Updated: Dec-05-13 4:26 pm
- NY police agree to changes in wake of bias death Updated: Dec-03-13 7:04 pm
- Palmdale ordered to hold new municipal election Updated: Dec-02-13 6:06 pm
- Christie lays out objections to tuition bill Updated: Dec-02-13 5:37 pm
- Amid funding woes, Innocence Project curbs cases Updated: Dec-02-13 1:21 pm
- Remains found in W.Va. appear to be Hispanic man Updated: Dec-01-13 1:32 pm
- Online petition: stop Jackson bloodless bullfight Updated: Nov-30-13 6:14 pm
- Latinos want gov't to look into LA County voting Updated: Nov-30-13 4:21 am
- Univision creates site to unify civic campaigns Updated: Nov-28-13 3:04 am
- MNsure targets rural Latinos for recruiting Updated: Nov-26-13 10:17 am
- It's official: Van de Putte running for lt. gov. Updated: Nov-23-13 2:56 pm
- Immigrant game put Republicans in tight spot Updated: Nov-23-13 10:03 am
- San Diego: Latinos help carry Alvarez to runoff Updated: Nov-20-13 7:05 pm
- New Haven sees no discipline bias in fire dept. Updated: Nov-20-13 8:40 am
- NJ Senate confirms Supreme Court nominee Updated: Nov-18-13 4:16 pm
- Puerto Rico Senate president to lead US caucus Updated: Nov-16-13 3:52 pm
- White mayor, black wife: NYC shatters an image Updated: Nov-16-13 11:05 am
- Former Arizona legislator Ben Miranda dies at 64 Updated: Nov-15-13 6:19 pm
- Tucson desegregation plan gets flak from overseer Updated: Nov-15-13 3:23 pm
- Judge reopens bias lawsuit against East Haven Updated: Nov-13-13 10:19 am
- Newark's new mayor takes his ceremonial oath Updated: Nov-12-13 6:58 pm
- Immigrant-police relations on Long Island improve Updated: Nov-12-13 12:23 pm
PHOENIX - Lawyers in the racial profiling case against the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office were unable to agree on a recommended candidate to monitor the agency's operations to ensure it isn't making unconstitutional arrests.
WASHINGTON - The "Piano Man" who became one of the world's best-selling artists of all time with such hits as "Just the Way You Are," ''Uptown Girl" and "Allentown" was awarded the nation's highest honor Sunday for influencing American culture through the arts.
MINNEAPOLIS - Eight Hispanic hunters who were accused of being illegal residents during last year's deer season have filed a federal lawsuit accusing the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources of racially profiling them.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two university professors hired by the U.S. Department of Justice to analyze traffic stops by the Alamance County Sheriff's Office say statistical data conclusively shows deputies there are racially profiling Latino drivers.
MINEOLA, New York - A suburban New York police department under federal scrutiny following the 2008 hate crime killing of an Ecuadorean immigrant has reached a tentative agreement to enhance investigations of hate crimes and bias incidents, the U.S. Justice Department announced Tuesday.
LOS ANGELES - Palmdale was ordered to hold a new election for City Council members next year after a Superior Court judge concluded there was discrimination against black and Latino voters in citywide races involving the panel in the Los Angeles suburb.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie spelled out his objections to an immigrant tuition bill making its way through the state Legislature for the first time Monday, when he reiterated his refusal to sign the proposal in its current form.
BOISE, Idaho - Sarah Pearce, a young Idaho woman convicted of savagely beating a motorist in 2003 in what may be a wrongful conviction based on mistaken identity, has a key hearing coming up in February that could win her a new trial.
HARPERS FERRY, West Virginia - Police say human remains found in Jefferson County appear to be those of a Hispanic man who was around 50 years old when he died.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The man behind two new events celebrating Jackson's Hispanic population has brought controversy with the third.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is aggressively pursuing lawsuits over minority voting rights in Texas and North Carolina, but the Justice Department has not moved on evidence that the latest round of redistricting in Los Angeles County unfairly reduces the influence of Latino voters.
MIAMI - Univision Communications Inc. is launching a new bilingual site: UnivisionContigo.com (Univision With You) that unifies its varied efforts to increase Hispanic civic participation.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Advocacy groups are ramping up efforts to inform hard-to-reach populations about Minnesota's health care exchange MNsure.
SAN ANTONIO - Switching breezily between Spanish and English with a South Texas twang, veteran state Sen. Leticia Van de Putte announced her candidacy for lieutenant governor Saturday, becoming half of what's likely to be a powerful female duo topping the Democratic Party's ticket.
AUSTIN, Texas - When young Texas conservatives announced a "catch an illegal immigrant" game, they expected condemnation from the left.
SAN DIEGO - The city's burgeoning Latino population helped propel a native son and child of Mexican immigrants into a mayoral runoff against a fellow city councilman to replace the disgraced Bob Filner, who resigned amid sexual harassment allegations.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven's lawyer says he's found no evidence backing allegations that black or Latino firefighters have been disciplined more harshly than their white co-workers.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Cuban-American judge from Camden County was confirmed unanimously to the state Supreme Court on Monday, making him the court's only Hispanic justice and the first of Gov. Chris Christie's nominees to be confirmed in more than two years.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The president of Puerto Rico's Senate has been chosen as the new leader of the National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators.
Another milestone is passing in America's racial journey: The next mayor of New York City is a white man with a black wife.
PHOENIX - Former Arizona legislator Ben Miranda, a leader in the Legislature's Latino caucus and an outspoken opponent of state immigration laws, has died. He was 64.
TUCSON, Arizona - The latest desegregation plan adopted by the Tucson Unified School District has been rejected as inadequate by an expert appointed to oversee the plan by a federal judge.
EAST HAVEN, Connecticut - A federal judge has reopened a civil case charging 22 East Haven police officers, the town and Police Department of driving out Latinos through discrimination and intimidation.
NEWARK, New Jersey - It was a day for ceremony in New Jersey's largest city.
PATCHOGUE, New York - Reaction to the death of an Ecuadorean worker targeted by marauding teenagers on Long Island five years ago has led to an atmosphere of greater tolerance toward Hispanic immigrants, migrants and local activists said, making it easier for them to go to the authorities when they have been victims of crime.