- Illinois governor signs pension overhaul into law Updated: Dec-05-13 3:43 pm
- Gift Guide: Lots of high-end laptops to pick from Updated: Dec-05-13 3:24 pm
- Alabama House GOP sets 2014 agenda Updated: Dec-05-13 2:51 pm
- The monthly jobs report can cause big market moves Updated: Dec-05-13 2:01 pm
- AT&T reduces fees for people who bring own devices Updated: Dec-05-13 12:13 pm
- Average US rate on 30-year loan rises to 4.46 pct Updated: Dec-05-13 11:31 am
- Tax returns: Democrat Davis made $284K in 2012 Updated: Dec-04-13 7:33 pm
- Payday lending moratorium extended in Montgomery Updated: Dec-04-13 7:17 pm
- 3 banks failed to meet some relief tests: monitor Updated: Dec-04-13 6:52 pm
- Fed: US growth stays moderate during shutdown Updated: Dec-04-13 2:43 pm
- Review: Xbox One nearly a set-top box replacement Updated: Dec-04-13 12:19 pm
- Egypt to settle $1.5 billion owned to oil firms Updated: Dec-04-13 11:38 am
- 1950s-style Christmas event evokes simpler times Updated: Dec-04-13 10:11 am
- Lafayette moves forward to ditch tax rebate Updated: Dec-04-13 10:11 am
- NY subpoenas 16 marketers in payday loan probe Updated: Dec-04-13 3:06 am
- Parnell wants reduced spending in next budget Updated: Dec-03-13 9:58 pm
- Health care website OK, cases can be complicated Updated: Dec-03-13 7:19 pm
- SCE&G agrees bill-adjusting program should end Updated: Dec-03-13 4:44 pm
- ND property tax reform task force created Updated: Dec-03-13 1:25 pm
- Review: Moto G isn't the best, but decent for $179 Updated: Dec-03-13 12:54 pm
- Cops: Central Pa. credit union manager stole $130K Updated: Dec-03-13 7:13 am
- Fire departments give up taxes in new Tupelo areas Updated: Dec-03-13 4:19 am
- Lawyer Dunaway pleads guilty to false tax return Updated: Dec-03-13 4:04 am
- Nonbanks servicing student loans come under agency Updated: Dec-03-13 12:06 am
- Key details of decision over Ill. pension crisis Updated: Dec-02-13 7:07 pm
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn has signed landmark legislation Thursday to reform Illinois' massively-underfunded pension system, though the new law is certain to face threatened lawsuits by labor unions.
NEW YORK - Whether you're looking for something thin and light, or want a tablet that performs like a laptop, there's plenty to choose from if you're willing to spend a bit more for a high-end laptop computer.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The House Republican Caucus released its agenda for 2014 on Thursday that focuses on simplifying state tax laws while maintaining the GOP's tradition of not raising taxes.
NEW YORK - The government's monthly survey of the U.S. job market is always important on Wall Street. It's even more important these days. Investors are trying to figure out when the Federal Reserve will decide that the economy is strong enough to thrive without its extraordinary stimulus measures.
NEW YORK - AT&T is joining T-Mobile in reducing monthly fees for people who pay for their own devices.
WASHINGTON - Average U.S. rates for fixed mortgages rose sharply this week, making home-buying slightly less affordable.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis enjoyed rising financial success as a Fort Worth attorney last year and took home about $284,000, more than double what she reported making in 2010, according to tax records released Wednesday by her campaign.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Montgomery City Council has extended a moratorium on issuing new business licenses for payday lending companies.
WASHINGTON - Three of the biggest U.S. lenders failed this year to meet some requirements for giving relief to struggling homeowners in a $25 billion settlement over foreclosure abuses, according to an official.
WASHINGTON - A Federal Reserve survey released Wednesday found that the U.S. economy held steady during the 16-day partial government shutdown, growing moderately in most regions from October through late November.
LOS ANGELES - The Xbox One won't quite replace your TV set-top box, but it comes awfully close.
CAIRO - Egypt is committed to pay nearly a quarter of the total arrears it owes foreign oil companies and increase economic growth to 3.5 percent by the end of the fiscal year, in a bid to restore investor confidence in an economy damaged by nearly three years of unrest, the country's interim prime minister said Wednesday.
SHARPSVILLE, Indiana - Take a trip back in time to celebrate Christmas in a simpler era with wholesome movies, banana splits and of course, lots of Christmas lights.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette City-Parish Council is considering doing away with a rebate that helps retailers cover the cost of collecting sales tax - a move widely panned by the business community.
ALBANY, New York - New York financial regulators say they've sent subpoenas to 16 online firms suspected of deceptive marketing by generating leads for illegal payday loans.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Sean Parnell said Tuesday he plans to address Alaska's nearly $12 billion unfunded pension liability as part of an overall effort to rein in spending amid lower expected revenues.
AUSTIN, Texas - The federal health care website worked just fine Tuesday for Texans seeking insurance coverage, but trained helpers are finding some individual cases are not so simple and those delays have nothing to do with technology.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Energy provider SCE&G agrees with a state agency that its complicated bill-adjusting program should end.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple, whose oil-rich state boasts a near $1 billion budget surplus and the lowest unemployment rate in the nation, announced Tuesday a task force to study permanent property tax reform.
NEW YORK - You're not getting the best or the latest technology with Motorola's $179 Moto G smartphone. What you do get is a great price for something close.
MECHANICSBURG, Pennsylvania - A former central Pennsylvania credit union manager has been charged with stealing $130,000 from customers and the institution itself.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Seven volunteer fire departments will give up taxes from Lee County residents who were annexed into Tupelo in 2012.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Campbell County attorney Johnny V. Dunaway has pleaded guilty in federal court to filing a false tax return.
WASHINGTON - The federal consumer finance watchdog is expanding its oversight to Sallie Mae and other companies that collect student loan payments.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are convening in the state Capitol for what could be a historic vote to finally close the gap on the state's $100 billion unfunded public pension shortfall, which is considered the nation's worst.