- Directors Guild Awards offer a peek behind the camera Updated: Feb-06-16 11:58 am
LOS ANGELES - While the annual Directors Guild of America Awards can herald the eventual Oscar winners in the best director and picture categories, Saturday's ceremony also offers a telling look at who's working behind the camera in Hollywood amid the industry's ongoing discussion about diversity.
- Michael B. Jordan wins big at NAACP Image Awards Updated: Feb-06-16 3:56 am
LOS ANGELES - It was a total knockout for Michael B. Jordan at the NAACP Image Awards in a ceremony that took several jabs at Hollywood for the lack of racial diversity.
- Soul diva Rihanna to perform at Grammy Awards Updated: Feb-05-16 4:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Rihanna is joining the list of performers at the Grammy Awards later this month.
- John Scofield goes back to the future on Grammy-nominated CD Updated: Feb-05-16 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Jazz guitarist John Scofield went back to the future on his Grammy-nominated CD "Past Present," reuniting members of his acclaimed quartet from the early 1990s to play his new compositions.
- Japan deports star of Oscar-winning dolphin documentary Updated: Feb-05-16 4:55 am
TOKYO - The star of an Oscar-winning documentary that shows how dolphins are hunted in a Japanese village was deported to the U.S. on Friday after Tokyo airport officials barred his entry and he was held in detention for more than two weeks.
- Band Perry on Denver Broncos, Lady Gaga and Grammys Updated: Feb-05-16 1:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Returning to perform ahead of the Super Bowl is good and (sort of) bad for country trio The Band Perry, who last performed around the 2014 game.
- Illustrators win gold medals for book, editorial art Updated: Feb-05-16 12:33 am
NEW YORK - The annual gold medals awarded by the Society of Illustrators in New York are considered the Oscars of the profession.
- 5 places in L.A. to soak up Oscars vibes Updated: Feb-04-16 2:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's Oscar season in Los Angeles. With the 88th annual Academy Awards scheduled for Feb. 28, here are five places in L.A. to soak up those glitzy Oscars vibes and maybe even run into one of the nominees.
- Singer Andra Day rises as soul songstress Updated: Feb-04-16 12:54 pm
ATLANTA - A phone call from Stevie Wonder changed Andra Day's life. He called Day and asked if he could work with her.
- Chris Stapleton to lead B.B. King tribute at Grammys Updated: Feb-04-16 10:20 am
NEW YORK - Country singer Chris Stapleton will join Gary Clark Jr. and Bonnie Raitt at the Grammy Awards later this month for a tribute to the late blues master B.B. King.
- Cast of Broadway's 'Hamilton' to perform at Grammy show Updated: Feb-03-16 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Grammy Awards this year will have a little Broadway sparkle: The cast of "Hamilton" will perform live via satellite from the Richard Rodgers Theatre.
- The 10-time Grammy winner you don't know about but should Updated: Feb-03-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - His role is at the finish line of an album - helping it sound as perfect as possible before it's available to the masses. He's won 10 Grammys, including three consecutive wins for album of the year from 2013-2015. And he's collaborated with contemporary leaders like Pharrell and Daft Punk to iconic acts like Led Zeppelin and Bruce Springsteen.
- 20 years later, metal band Sevendust relishes Grammy nod Updated: Feb-03-16 9:52 am
NEW YORK - If Grammys were handed out for sheer persistence, the metal band Sevendust would have a bunch by now.
- Painterly 'The Assassin' leads nominees at Asian Film Awards Updated: Feb-03-16 9:40 am
HONG KONG - Hou Hsiao-hsien's cinematic kung fu masterpiece "The Assassin" may have missed out on an Oscar nod, but it tops nominees at the Asian Film Awards.
- 'Star Wars,' 'Jurassic World' among Kids Choice nominees Updated: Feb-02-16 4:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Stormtroopers, superheroes, dinosaurs and Cinderella are among the nominees at this year's Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.
- Lady Gaga to perform tribute to Bowie at Grammys Updated: Feb-02-16 12:28 pm
NEW YORK - Lady Gaga will pay tribute to the late David Bowie during the Grammy Awards later this month.
- Talk show host James Corden will host the Tony Awards Updated: Feb-02-16 11:10 am
NEW YORK - James Corden will be staying up late for real to host the Tony Awards.
- Eric Church, Chris Stapleton lead ACM nominations Updated: Feb-01-16 9:41 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Eric Church and Chris Stapleton lead the nominees for the 51st annual Academy of Country Music Awards with five nominations each, including male vocalist and album of the year.
- Cam's dreamy 'Burning House' ignites her career Updated: Feb-01-16 9:38 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Northern California-born country singer Cam turned a bad dream about an ex-boyfriend into a song that made her musical dream come true.
- Pharrell, Metallica part of Super Bowl concerts lineup Updated: Feb-01-16 4:26 pm
NEW YORK - The Super Bowl takes place a week before the Grammys, but the big game is rivaling the awards shows with a plethora of live concerts and on-site musicians, from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica to Pharrell and Skrillex.
- Academy Award-nominated UK actor Frank Finlay dies at 89 Updated: Feb-01-16 10:44 am
LONDON - British actor Frank Finlay, who was Academy Award-nominated for his work alongside Laurence Olivier in "Othello," has died aged 89.
- Nominees for the 51st annual Academy of Country Music Awards Updated: Feb-01-16 10:15 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nominations announced Monday for the 51st annual Academy of Country Music Awards:
- Will Smith among NAACP Image Awards attendees and presenters Updated: Feb-01-16 10:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Will Smith doesn't plan to be at the Academy Awards, but he's scheduled to attend the NAACP Image Awards.
- From SAG Awards to Sundance, diversity makes a comeback Updated: Feb-01-16 8:37 am
In a flurry of wins at the Screen Actors Guild Awards and the Sundance Film Festival, diversity made a comeback.
- Women, youngsters dominate in rock field at Grammy Awards Updated: Jan-28-16 1:55 pm
NEW YORK - For years, men - and legacy acts - have dominated in the rock category at the Grammy Awards, leaving little room for female stars who rock as loud and hard as the guys and young bands hoping to breakthrough on the music scene.