- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus lines in nationwide sweep Updated: Dec-12-13 9:35 pm
- Arizona sees rise in health marketplace enrollees Updated: Dec-11-13 7:31 pm
- America's Cup economic impact below projections Updated: Dec-10-13 9:37 pm
- Oregon board OKs controversial forestland sale Updated: Dec-10-13 7:50 pm
- Congressional subcommittee weighs online gambling Updated: Dec-10-13 2:20 pm
- Pakistani doctor wins $1M to fight child deaths Updated: Dec-10-13 10:39 am
- Correction: SmallBiz-Small Talk Updated: Dec-09-13 2:04 pm
- Ready to aim and fire with Md. classes Updated: Dec-08-13 10:38 am
- Sisters open gift shop in Berlin Updated: Dec-08-13 10:32 am
- Small Wyoming ski areas looks for ways to survive Updated: Dec-07-13 11:08 am
- St. John's bookstore a hidden gem in Annapolis Updated: Dec-07-13 9:14 am
- Captain pleads guilty to trying to sell shark fins Updated: Dec-06-13 8:35 pm
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction Updated: Dec-06-13 3:52 pm
- Skydivers return to Arizona site where 2 died Updated: Dec-04-13 7:32 pm
- Honolulu mayor proposes ads for city buses Updated: Dec-04-13 6:04 pm
- Omega Morgan applies for MT megaload permit Updated: Dec-04-13 1:31 pm
- DC Council unanimously approves minimum wage hike Updated: Dec-04-13 9:52 am
- New effort forms over Olympic National Forest Updated: Dec-03-13 4:37 pm
- Calif. opens insurance exchange for small business Updated: Dec-02-13 5:16 pm
- Conn. governor marks Small Business Saturday Updated: Dec-01-13 1:14 am
- Maine urges residents to shop at small businesses Updated: Nov-30-13 10:34 am
- W.Va. governor promotes 'Small Business Saturday' Updated: Nov-30-13 9:34 am
- Hassan: Shop at NH's small businesses Updated: Nov-30-13 7:04 am
- Lt. Gov. urges residents to shop local businesses Updated: Nov-30-13 4:08 am
- Kan. governor proclaims 'Small Business Saturday' Updated: Nov-29-13 7:52 am
LOS ANGELES - Drivers at one passenger bus company routinely worked more than 800 miles without rest. Maintenance at another company was so shoddy that one bus drove despite glaring evidence of brake problems.
PHOENIX - Arizonans are beginning to warm to the new federal health insurance marketplace, but actual enrollment numbers for new private policies that will take effect Jan. 1 are still extremely low.
SAN FRANCISCO - The America's Cup sailing races this year generated far less economic activity in the San Francisco Bay Area than projected and have cost taxpayers more than $5 million, according to draft figures released Tuesday.
SALEM, Oregon - Top state officials on Tuesday agreed to move forward with the sale of scattered tracts of the Elliott State Forest, despite objections from conservation groups that they include nesting trees for a protected bird.
LAS VEGAS - Organizations and advocates on all sides of the online gambling debate are cheering a Congressional hearing on the state of online gambling.
ISLAMABAD - A Pakistani doctor won a $1 million grant Tuesday to fight early child mortality in a small fishing village in southern Pakistan in a contest financed by an American entrepreneur to find innovative ways to save lives, The Caplow Children's Prize said.
NEW YORK - In a story Dec. 5 about small businesses using social media The Associated Press erroneously reported that Three Brothers Bakery plans to open a store in Washington, D.C. It actually plans a store located on Washington Avenue in Houston. The story also misspelled the name of the company's co-owner. Her name is Janice Jucker.
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - Faith Wachsmuth wanted to know she could protect herself. Christopher Deleon is looking at a career in security. Jan Montgomery needed to know her mother would be safe.
BERLIN, Maryland - Two local sisters have combined their interests in style and dÃ©cor to open Berlin's latest shop, Sea La Vie.
CASPER, Wyoming - Chris Smith has spent most of his life on small mountains.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Robin Dunn's voice - infused with a soft Scottish burr - informs a misguided customer that there are no shortcuts when it comes to the classics.
HONOLULU - A fishing boat captain told a federal judge Friday he tried to sell shark fins to a Honolulu hotel restaurant so he could earn some extra money for his crew.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - A mural stenciled on the side of a Hollywood gas station five years ago by the British street artist Banksy has fetched more than $200,000 at a Beverly Hills auction.
ELOY, Arizona - Skydivers from around the world returned to the air Wednesday at a popular Arizona skydiving location that was the site of a deadly mishap involving two parachutists a day earlier.
HONOLULU - Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell has revived the idea of selling advertising on the sides of municipal buses and is running into the same opposition from opponents who helped kill the concept a decade ago.
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana Department of Transportation officials are considering an application from an Oregon company to move an oversized load of refinery equipment through the western part of the state to an oil sands project in Alberta, Canada.
WASHINGTON - The D.C. Council voted unanimously Tuesday to increase the District of Columbia's minimum wage to $11.50 an hour, one of the nation's highest.
SEATTLE - Several environmental and timber groups are forming a partnership to find ways to boost timber harvests in Olympic National Forest while also improving forest health.
LOS ANGELES - California formally launched its insurance exchange for small businesses Monday as questions loom about potentially higher rates and just days after the federal government said it was shelving its version of the online portal for a year.
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is marking Small Business Saturday with a visit to a Manchester hobby shop.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine officials are encouraging residents to shop at local shops on Saturday to support the local economy.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin is urging West Virginia residents to keep local businesses in mind as they shop for the holidays.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - It's Small Business Saturday, and Gov. Maggie Hassan is encouraging New Hampshire residents to shop at local stores this holiday season.
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon is encouraging residents to shop at local businesses for holiday gifts this year.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback is proclaiming Saturday as "Small Business Saturday," urging consumers to shop at small, community retailers as the holiday shopping season begins in earnest.