- Restitution ordered over dead, dying reptiles Updated: Apr-18-14 4:35 pm
- Ranchers, Klamath tribes sign deal to share water Updated: Apr-18-14 4:13 pm
- Company gets help and is now dressed for success Updated: Apr-18-14 2:58 pm
- Official: $2M in chemical spill costs reimbursable Updated: Apr-16-14 4:23 pm
- Unemployment rate steady; state adds 6,700 jobs Updated: Apr-16-14 2:14 pm
- Detroit leaders launch grants for small businesses Updated: Apr-16-14 12:16 pm
- Va. small business owners advocate for Medicaid Updated: Apr-16-14 11:14 am
- Mentors help minority companies accelerate growth Updated: Apr-16-14 11:14 am
- Phoenix Fire Department loses keys for businesses Updated: Apr-14-14 7:31 pm
- Raimondo unveils plan to help small businesses Updated: Apr-14-14 1:19 pm
- St. Michaels gets a gift card Updated: Apr-13-14 10:37 am
- McNeese offers small business seminar Updated: Apr-12-14 9:04 am
- Arizona governor signs manufacturer tax cut law Updated: Apr-11-14 8:34 pm
- Heartbleed could harm a variety of systems Updated: Apr-11-14 3:59 pm
- Alaskans line up for free dental care in Anchorage Updated: Apr-11-14 1:13 pm
- California city turns up heat on Sriracha maker Updated: Apr-11-14 2:16 am
- Kitzhaber doesn't expect consensus from GMO panel Updated: Apr-10-14 8:34 pm
- Feds: Pipe tear caused 2009 oil refinery blast Updated: Apr-10-14 7:53 pm
- Organizers back out of Evel Knievel festival Updated: Apr-10-14 6:29 pm
- Oil-by-rail terminal proposed for Washington state Updated: Apr-10-14 5:16 pm
- Conservationists seek more protection for grouse Updated: Apr-10-14 5:04 pm
- Syracuse University gets $3 million grant from SBA Updated: Apr-10-14 3:06 am
- Climate changes to result in bird, reptile shifts Updated: Apr-09-14 6:17 pm
- NC local business taxes capped in proposal Updated: Apr-09-14 4:10 pm
- Washoe County approves medical pot zoning rules Updated: Apr-09-14 2:48 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A Southern California exotic pet breeder who had 20,000 dead and dying rats and reptiles in a warehouse has avoided jail time but was ordered to pay more than $190,000 in restitution.
Cattle ranchers and American Indian tribes long at odds over scarce water in Oregon's Upper Klamath Basin signed an agreement Friday to share access to rivers and cooperate on restoring habitat for endangered fish the tribes hold sacred.
NEW YORK - When Tessemae's salad dressing quickly became a hit, the owners of the family-run condiment company were faced with the reality that they needed help navigating the grocery business.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Public agencies and nonprofits that helped after a Jan. 9 chemical leak into the water supply could receive $2 million in reimbursements for their emergency work, a West Virginia homeland security official said.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state added an estimated 6,700 jobs in March and the unemployment rate is holding steady at 6.3 percent, according to a report released Wednesday by the state Employment Security Department.
DETROIT - Detroit government, development and philanthropic leaders launched a grant program Wednesday intended to help boost small businesses in the city and the two communities it surrounds.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A group of small business owners want Virginia House Republicans to drop their opposition to expanding publicly funded health care to low-income residents.
NEW YORK - Mel Gravely says his construction company might not exist today if he didn't have mentors to guide it.
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Fire Department said Monday it can't account for hundreds of keys for lock boxes that allow firefighters responding to fires or alarms to enter thousands of businesses and apartment complexes when they are closed.
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Gina Raimondo unveiled a plan Monday to help small businesses in Rhode Island that would eliminate what she calls "regulatory rigmarole" and encourage startups.
ST. MICHAELS, Maryland - People can now shop around St. Michaels in very different way - with a town gift card.
MOSS BLUFF, Louisiana - A free seminar on starting and financing a small business will be offered April 29 by the Louisiana Small Business Development Center at McNeese State University.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed into law a bill that eliminates sales taxes on electricity and natural gas purchased by manufacturers and mining smelters, a move she said was needed to make the state more attractive to large businesses.
NEW YORK - It now appears that the "Heartbleed" security problem affects not just websites, but also the networking equipment that connects homes and businesses to the Internet.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaskans have been lining up for a two-day clinic offering free dental care in Anchorage that was scheduled to begin Friday.
LOS ANGELES - A small Southern California town has turned up the heat on the makers of the wildly popular Sriracha hot sauce, telling them that if they can't keep their bottling plant from smelling up the neighborhood, the city will.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Gov. John Kitzhaber told members of his newly created task force on genetically engineered agriculture that he does not expect them to reach a consensus or produce any specific proposals for next year's legislative session.
SALT LAKE CITY - A 2009 explosion at a northern Utah oil refinery that knocked a neighboring home off its foundation and singed dozens of others began with a corroded pipe that went years without proper inspection, federal investigators say.
BUTTE, Montana - A struggle for control over a festival that draws thousands of stuntmen, wannabes and fans paying homage to Evel Knievel in his Montana hometown has led organizers to turn over the event to the famous daredevil's family.
SEATTLE - U.S. Development Group is seeking permits to build an oil terminal on the Washington coast that could handle about 45,000 barrels of crude oil a day.
DENVER - Conservation groups say they will go to court to force the Obama administration to do more to save the lesser prairie chicken, arguing a recent federal ruling doesn't stop the energy industry from killing the grouse or encroaching on its habitats in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
SYRACUSE, New York - The Small Business Administration is giving a $3 million grant to Syracuse University's Institute for Veterans and Military Families.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - As temperatures climb across the Southwest, researchers have found some species will win, but others stand to lose - and lose big.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina legislators on Wednesday backed replacing fragmented local business privilege taxes with a streamlined, flat-fee system many hope will get passed when the full General Assembly convenes next month.
RENO, Nevada - Washoe County on Tuesday night approved rules governing where medical marijuana facilities can set up within unincorporated areas, a first step toward implementing the fledgling industry.