- Small Wyoming ski areas looks for ways to survive Updated: Dec-07-13 11:08 am
- St. John's bookstore a hidden gem in Annapolis Updated: Dec-07-13 9:14 am
- Captain pleads guilty to trying to sell shark fins Updated: Dec-06-13 8:35 pm
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction Updated: Dec-06-13 3:52 pm
- Skydivers return to Arizona site where 2 died Updated: Dec-04-13 7:32 pm
- Honolulu mayor proposes ads for city buses Updated: Dec-04-13 6:04 pm
- Omega Morgan applies for MT megaload permit Updated: Dec-04-13 1:31 pm
- DC Council unanimously approves minimum wage hike Updated: Dec-04-13 9:52 am
- New effort forms over Olympic National Forest Updated: Dec-03-13 4:37 pm
- Calif. opens insurance exchange for small business Updated: Dec-02-13 5:16 pm
- Conn. governor marks Small Business Saturday Updated: Dec-01-13 1:14 am
- Maine urges residents to shop at small businesses Updated: Nov-30-13 10:34 am
- W.Va. governor promotes 'Small Business Saturday' Updated: Nov-30-13 9:34 am
- Hassan: Shop at NH's small businesses Updated: Nov-30-13 7:04 am
- Lt. Gov. urges residents to shop local businesses Updated: Nov-30-13 4:08 am
- Kan. governor proclaims 'Small Business Saturday' Updated: Nov-29-13 7:52 am
- Small NC retailers seeking shoppers on Saturday Updated: Nov-28-13 11:37 am
- Latest health law delay: small business website Updated: Nov-28-13 4:20 am
- Ohio official blasts business insurance site delay Updated: Nov-27-13 6:41 pm
- Dog-doo scofflaws get bagged through DNA testing Updated: Nov-27-13 6:25 am
- Smaller shops counter the Black Friday chaos Updated: Nov-27-13 6:01 am
- Small businesses pop up for the holidays Updated: Nov-26-13 5:46 pm
- Detroit small businesses getting more loan access Updated: Nov-26-13 3:44 pm
- Toy company sues Beastie Boys over 'Girls' song Updated: Nov-26-13 3:04 pm
- Waterton Global Mining lays off 182 in Nevada Updated: Nov-26-13 2:09 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Chris Smith has spent most of his life on small mountains.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Robin Dunn's voice - infused with a soft Scottish burr - informs a misguided customer that there are no shortcuts when it comes to the classics.
HONOLULU - A fishing boat captain told a federal judge Friday he tried to sell shark fins to a Honolulu hotel restaurant so he could earn some extra money for his crew.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - A mural stenciled on the side of a Hollywood gas station five years ago by the British street artist Banksy has fetched more than $200,000 at a Beverly Hills auction.
ELOY, Arizona - Skydivers from around the world returned to the air Wednesday at a popular Arizona skydiving location that was the site of a deadly mishap involving two parachutists a day earlier.
HONOLULU - Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell has revived the idea of selling advertising on the sides of municipal buses and is running into the same opposition from opponents who helped kill the concept a decade ago.
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana Department of Transportation officials are considering an application from an Oregon company to move an oversized load of refinery equipment through the western part of the state to an oil sands project in Alberta, Canada.
WASHINGTON - The D.C. Council voted unanimously Tuesday to increase the District of Columbia's minimum wage to $11.50 an hour, one of the nation's highest.
SEATTLE - Several environmental and timber groups are forming a partnership to find ways to boost timber harvests in Olympic National Forest while also improving forest health.
LOS ANGELES - California formally launched its insurance exchange for small businesses Monday as questions loom about potentially higher rates and just days after the federal government said it was shelving its version of the online portal for a year.
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is marking Small Business Saturday with a visit to a Manchester hobby shop.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine officials are encouraging residents to shop at local shops on Saturday to support the local economy.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin is urging West Virginia residents to keep local businesses in mind as they shop for the holidays.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - It's Small Business Saturday, and Gov. Maggie Hassan is encouraging New Hampshire residents to shop at local stores this holiday season.
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon is encouraging residents to shop at local businesses for holiday gifts this year.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback is proclaiming Saturday as "Small Business Saturday," urging consumers to shop at small, community retailers as the holiday shopping season begins in earnest.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Forsyth County goat dairy is offering giveaways and samples to visitors willing to break away from the Christmas shopping rush to malls. A Winston-Salem publisher has promised to fetch any book that's in stock from its warehouse for customers who drop in Saturday. A Charlotte lawn sign company is offering a 25 percent discount on reservations made that day.
CHICAGO - Small businesses interested in buying marketplace health insurance plans for their workers will have to purchase them from agents, brokers or insurance companies for the next year, rather than through the government website.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's insurance director is blasting the latest delay in the rollout of the federal health care law.
BRAINTREE, Massachusetts - Apartment and condo managers, dogged by complaints from those who've experienced the squishy and smelly sensation of stepping onto a pile of dog doo, are turning to DNA testing to identify the culprits who don't clean up after their pets.
NEW ORLEANS - Every year the call to shop rings louder when the holidays roll around.
NEW YORK - Here today, gone in weeks - pop-up shops and temporary stores are back for the holiday season.
DETROIT - Political and national business leaders gathered in Detroit on Tuesday to launch a program that will provide small businesses with access to millions of dollars in loans and other boosts.
SAN FRANCISCO - A Northern California toy company is fighting for its right to parody a popular Beastie Boys song.
WINNEMUCCA, Nevada - A Toronto-based mining company announced Tuesday it is pausing operations at two northern Nevada properties and laying off 182 workers.