- Ex-con pleads not guilty in Vegas child rape case Updated: Dec-11-13 5:19 pm
- News outlets urge Syria rebels to halt abductions Updated: Dec-11-13 5:17 pm
- Court: Should man get new sentence in murder case Updated: Dec-11-13 3:36 pm
- Mass. man denies guilt in woman's death, 3 attacks Updated: Dec-11-13 12:11 pm
- German in CIA case sentenced over prison assault Updated: Dec-11-13 9:49 am
- Dutch couple freed by abductors in Yemen Updated: Dec-10-13 10:32 pm
- Police: missing Wash. girl is in Mexico Updated: Dec-10-13 8:02 pm
- Pharmaceutical courier robbed during Ala. delivery Updated: Dec-10-13 7:58 pm
- Daycare worker indicted in Ohio baby rape case Updated: Dec-10-13 4:58 pm
- 2 Spanish journalists kidnapped in Syria Updated: Dec-10-13 9:49 am
- Woman pleads not guilty to holding teen captive Updated: Dec-10-13 8:04 am
- Dutch: Kidnapped reporter, 1 other freed in Yemen Updated: Dec-10-13 7:37 am
- Juneau police arrest 3 in shooting Updated: Dec-09-13 9:58 pm
- Bail reduced for 2 in Vegas sovereign citizen case Updated: Dec-09-13 6:18 pm
- N. Idaho woman recounts horrors of kidnapping Updated: Dec-09-13 1:43 pm
- Seizure of nuns stokes Syrian Christian fears Updated: Dec-08-13 12:32 pm
- Man sentenced in sexual battery, kidnap case Updated: Dec-07-13 2:32 pm
- Man gets 16 years for abducting college student Updated: Dec-06-13 9:11 am
- Milan court convicts Egyptian of terror charges Updated: Dec-06-13 6:46 am
- Judge won't let kidnap convict out of jail Updated: Dec-06-13 5:43 am
- Bail lowered for ex-teacher in teen harboring case Updated: Dec-05-13 6:41 pm
- Judge drops charges against Lynn kidnap suspect Updated: Dec-05-13 12:55 pm
- Freed Jordanian names Filipino extremist kidnapper Updated: Dec-05-13 6:11 am
- Countries urged not to pay ransom to terrorists Updated: Dec-04-13 8:32 pm
- Final report confirms suicide of Ohio kidnapper Updated: Dec-04-13 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - An ex-convict from California pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges filed in the knifepoint abduction and sexual assault of a Las Vegas schoolgirl.
BEIRUT - Major international news organizations sent a letter to the leadership of the armed opposition in Syria Wednesday, calling for urgent action against rebel groups increasingly targeting journalists for kidnappings.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court seemed unsure Wednesday on whether it should order a new sentencing hearing for a man who confessed to kidnapping, raping and killing a 16-year-old girl in Kentucky.
BOSTON - A man charged with kidnapping, robbing and killing one woman and assaulting three others pleaded not guilty Wednesday and was ordered held at a state psychiatric facility without bail.
BERLIN - A German man who says the CIA illegally whisked him to a secret prison in Afghanistan has been jailed for hitting and threatening a prison officer in an unrelated case in Germany.
SANAA, Yemen - A Dutch couple freed after months in captivity in Yemen said they received good treatment from their abductors as they began their trip back home early Wednesday.
KENNEWICK, Washington - Police in Kennewick, Washington, say a missing 14-year-old girl has talked with her mother and says she is in Mexico and is OK.
PINSON, Alabama - Jefferson County Sheriff's officials say they're investigating the kidnapping and robbery of a pharmaceutical courier.
ELYRIA, Ohio - A former northern Ohio daycare worker and her boyfriend have been indicted on charges linked to alleged sexual assaults of four children, including a baby.
BEIRUT - The families of two Spanish journalists abducted in Syria by an al-Qaida linked group nearly three months ago appealed publicly for their release Tuesday, after failing to make contact with the captors via intermediaries.
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A 30-year-old Lake Charles woman has pleaded not guilty in state district court to charges that she held a 14-year-old girl against her will for nearly a week.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch government says a reporter and her partner who were taken hostage in Yemen six months ago have been released unharmed.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Juneau police have arrested three people in connection with a drug-related shooting that left one man wounded at an apartment complex parking lot.
LAS VEGAS - Since more serious charges have been dropped, a Nevada judge on Monday reduced bail for a man and a woman accused during their high-profile arrests last summer of conspiring to kidnap police officers to draw attention to an anti-government sovereign citizen philosophy.
RATHDRUM, Idaho - Last Dec. 1, Mitchell Walck kidnapped Susan-Marie Smith and took her into North Dakota and back to Montana in a horrifying 27-hour ordeal.
DAMASCUS - Syrian Christians offered prayers Sunday for a group of more than a dozen nuns and orphanage workers held by rebels for nearly a week, fueling fears in the minority community that they are being targeted by extremists among the fighters seeking to oust President Bashar Assad.
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - A 28-year-old man who allegedly attacked and robbed a pizza delivery woman has been convicted in Jackson County Circuit Court.
CLAYTON, Missouri - A St. Louis man has been sentenced to 16 years in prison for abducting a Washington University student from a campus parking garage and forcing her to withdraw money from several ATMs.
MILAN - An Egyptian cleric kidnapped as part of the CIA's extraordinary rendition program was convicted by an Italian court Friday of decade-old terror charges and sentenced to six years in prison, lawyers involved in the case said.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal judge has denied a request to let a woman out of jail pending sentencing in the kidnapping a 6-year-old relative in a dispute over a piece of land and a portable storage shed in east Mississippi.
LAS VEGAS - A judge has lowered bail to $130,000 for a 45-year-old former Las Vegas kindergarten teacher being held on felony charges of harboring a runaway teenager.
SALEM, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts judge on Thursday dismissed charges against a Lynn man accused of kidnapping his 5-year-old son in 2008 and lying to investigators about the boy's disappearance.
MANILA, Philippines - A Jordanian journalist has identified the leader of an al-Qaida-linked terrorist group that held him for a year and a half in the jungles of the southern Philippines after luring him with a promise of an interview.
UNITED NATIONS - Britain is urging the U.N. Security Council to adopt a resolution calling on all countries not to pay ransom to kidnappers who use the money to finance terrorist groups.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police have concluded that Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro committed suicide by hanging weeks into a life sentence with no chance for parole.