- FBI: Defendant in California kidnapping blamed vaccine Updated: Sep-02-15 6:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The man charged in a California kidnapping that police initially dismissed as a hoax said he acted alone, and that mental illness and a side effect from a vaccine contributed to his behavior, the FBI said in a court filing.
- Masked men kidnap 18 Turkish workers in Iraqi capital Updated: Sep-02-15 3:50 pm
BAGHDAD - Masked men in military uniforms kidnapped 18 Turkish citizens in Baghdad early Wednesday, bundling them into several SUVs and speeding away in a brazen operation that laid bare serious security gaps in the heavily defended city.
- DC official: Woman tried to grab girl from stroller on train Updated: Sep-02-15 11:54 am
WASHINGTON - A Washington transit official says a woman tried to grab a 2-year-old girl who was strapped into her stroller while riding a train with her mother, but another passenger tackled her.
- Woman reported as possible kidnapping victim contacts police Updated: Sep-02-15 11:45 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say a woman who was reported as a possible kidnapping victim in Oakland has made contact with police.
- Iowan arrested after standoff pleads not guilty to abduction Updated: Sep-02-15 8:41 am
NEW HAMPTON, Iowa - A northeast Iowa man arrested after an armed standoff with officers has pleaded not guilty to a kidnapping charge.
- Missouri executes man for 15-year-old girl's 1989 killing Updated: Sep-01-15 11:31 pm
BONNE TERRE, Missouri - A man who spent nearly 25 years on Missouri's death row was executed Tuesday for the kidnapping, rape and fatal stabbing of a 15-year-old girl who was waiting for a school bus.
- The Latest: Missouri executes man for girl's 1989 killing Updated: Sep-01-15 11:19 pm
BONNE TERRE, Missouri - The latest on the scheduled execution of Missouri inmate Roderick Nunley, who was convicted of kidnapping, raping and killing a 15-year-old girl in Kansas City in 1989 (all times local):
- Court rules in case about kidnapping charge against father Updated: Sep-01-15 5:59 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The state Court of Appeals has ruled that North Carolina law as written now means custodial parents cannot be convicted of kidnapping their own children.
- New attorney for Kansas man charged with raping child Updated: Sep-01-15 3:32 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - An upcoming trial for a Topeka man accused of kidnapping and raping an 8-year-old child has been delayed.
- Man faces long prison sentence for abduction, rape of girl Updated: Sep-01-15 3:48 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 56-year-old man faces a possible life prison sentence after being convicted of snatching a 12-year-old Columbus girl from a park and raping her.
- Film based on real-life horror breaks records in Argentina Updated: Sep-01-15 12:04 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Arquimides Puccio seemed to neighbors like a pious, conservative and obsessively tidy man. Several times a day, he'd sweep the sidewalk in front of his home in an upper-class Buenos Aires neighborhood.
- Police: Man tried abducting girl near Cobb County bus stop Updated: Aug-31-15 5:43 am
ATLANTA - Police are searching for a man who allegedly tried abducting a 10-year-old girl near a Cobb County bus stop.
- Man arrested in attempted kidnapping of girl, 3, in Lincoln Updated: Aug-31-15 2:22 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 33-year-old man has been arrested in the attempted kidnapping of a 3-year-old girl in Lincoln.
- Romanian govt examines video of man kidnapped in Africa Updated: Aug-30-15 7:44 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's Foreign Ministry says it is working to verify the authenticity of a video of a Romanian security worker pleading for help after being kidnapped by those with ties to the Islamic State group.
- Ex-lawyer accused of hypnotizing women charged in Ohio Updated: Aug-29-15 5:23 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A former Cleveland-area attorney accused of hypnotizing women for his sexual pleasure has been charged with kidnapping, sexual battery and gross sexual imposition following an investigation that began last fall.
- Lincoln man accused of kidnapping, raping 8-year-old girl Updated: Aug-28-15 2:14 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln man described by his father as troubled is accused of kidnapping a sleeping 8-year-old girl from her home and raping her.
- Police: Carjacking, kidnapping suspect left prison ID behind Updated: Aug-28-15 7:08 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police are looking for a carjacking suspect whom they say left a prison ID behind.
- Woman who claimed she was abducted accused of false alarm Updated: Aug-28-15 6:07 am
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - Authorities say a Fort Lee woman who called 911 and said she was abducted at gunpoint is charged with creating a false public alarm.
- Police: 77-year-old, mistaken for homeless, was kidnapped Updated: Aug-28-15 3:19 am
DANBURY, Connecticut - Police say a 77-year-old man pushing a cart of cans and bottles down a Danbury street was kidnapped after being mistaken for a homeless person.
- Terror group member pleads guilty to holding 3 US hostages Updated: Aug-26-15 3:36 pm
WASHINGTON - A member of the leftist Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia faces a possible life sentence after admitting his role in the 2003 kidnapping of three Americans.
- Bail denied in kidnapping, torture of jewelry store worker Updated: Aug-26-15 2:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A federal judge has denied bail for a man accused of having helped kidnap and torture a Philadelphia jewelry store worker last spring.
- Sierra Vista man accused of holding his family at gunpoint Updated: Aug-25-15 6:10 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Authorities say a Sierra Vista man has been arrested for allegedly holding his family in an apartment at gunpoint.
- UN rights arm denounces executions in Iraq's Kurdish region Updated: Aug-25-15 2:01 pm
GENEVA - U.N. rights officials are denouncing the execution of a man and his two wives in Iraq's Kurdish region over the kidnapping and murder of two girls, saying they fear the self-ruled region may slide back toward use of the death penalty.
- 2 former NC prison officers indicted in kidnap probe Updated: Aug-24-15 6:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two former North Carolina correctional officers have been indicted as part of a wide-ranging investigation into the kidnapping of a prosecutor's father.
- Woman charged after 3 children kidnapped from Lansing home Updated: Aug-24-15 2:11 pm
LANSING, Michigan - An 18-year-old woman has been charged with kidnapping after three children went missing from their Lansing home.