- Father accused of abducting 14-month-old daughter Updated: May-06-15 8:22 am
LOS ANGELES - Police are searching for a man accused of abducting his 14-month-old daughter from her grandmother's home in Los Angeles.
- Nigerian troops save 25 more kids, women from Boko Haram Updated: May-06-15 7:22 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigerian troops rescued 25 more children and women from Boko Haram early Wednesday as the soldiers destroyed seven more of the extremists' camps in a northeastern forest stronghold, the army spokesman said.
- Lacey man pleads not guilty to kidnapping informant Updated: May-05-15 4:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Lacey man charged with kidnapping and threatening a county Task Force informant has pleaded not guilty.
- Judge says suspect can stand trial for Colorado mom's murder Updated: May-05-15 1:54 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A man suspected of kidnapping and killing Grand Junction mother Paige Birgfeld in 2007 is going to trial.
- Charges filed against man suspected of keeping woman captive Updated: May-05-15 6:59 am
SEDALIA, Missouri - A man who authorities allege kept a woman captive in a wooden box in a home in Sedalia has been charged.
- 9 police officers kidnapped in northern Mexico; 1 dead Updated: May-05-15 12:05 am
CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico - An official says nine police officers were kidnapped by a criminal gang in northern Mexico and later rescued, though one was killed in the confrontation.
- 2 arrested in kidnapping of 14-year-old girl in Pahrump Updated: May-03-15 10:52 pm
PAHRUMP, Nevada - Two people have been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping a 14-year-old girl in Pahrump.
- 2 to appear in court on human trafficking, other charges Updated: May-03-15 12:52 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Records show that a man and woman charged with human trafficking and kidnapping are scheduled to appear in court.
- Man charged with kidnapping, assault faces new charge Updated: May-02-15 5:55 pm
CALDWELL, Idaho - A Washington man in custody on charges that he kidnapped and tortured a woman in Caldwell has pleaded not guilty to an enhancement to the current charges.
- Missouri woman tells police a man locked her in box Updated: May-01-15 5:14 pm
SEDALIA, Missouri - A central Missouri woman fled from a home she shared with a man who'd been holding her captive since January, sometimes confined in a wooden box, authorities said Friday.
- Congressman pushes for hostage czar to ensure coordination Updated: May-01-15 12:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The congressman who represents the Maryland district of the family of an American captive killed in a drone strike is pushing for the creation of a hostage czar to coordinate government efforts to free those held.
- Colorado police arrest 2 suspects in Utah kidnap case Updated: Apr-30-15 6:03 pm
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah - Two men sought on warrants accusing them of kidnapping and exploiting a 70-year-old man with Parkinson's disease have been arrested in Colorado.
- White House: Facilitating ransom not the same as paying Updated: Apr-30-15 4:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Despite a U.S. ban on ransom payments to terrorists, the White House said Thursday that federal officials helping to facilitate a payment is not the same as actually paying a ransom.
- S. Carolina woman accused of faking kidnapping Updated: Apr-30-15 2:43 pm
LAURENS, South Carolina - A 23-year-old South Carolina woman has been accused of locking herself in her car trunk to fake a kidnapping.
- Ohio State drum major instructor accused of rape, kidnapping Updated: Apr-30-15 1:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A drum major instructor for Ohio State University's marching band who is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at his home was arraigned Thursday on rape and kidnapping charges.
- 2 Prescott men arrested for alleged theft of smoke shop Updated: Apr-30-15 6:14 am
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - Two Prescott men have been arrested after they fled a smoke shop with stolen items and one forced a teenager to hide him.
- Man abducts ex-girlfriend, threatens to cut off her head Updated: Apr-30-15 3:53 am
OCALA, Florida - Florida Highway Patrol officers have arrested a man who they say abducted his ex-girlfriend and threatened to cut off her head and slaughter her family.
- FBI says it is looking for 3 in kidnapping, robbery plot Updated: Apr-29-15 12:47 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Federal officials say they are looking for two men and a woman after the family of an East Tennessee bank employee was briefly kidnapped in an attempted extortion and robbery plot.
- Yuma police: Man attempts to abduct 15-year-old girl Updated: Apr-29-15 9:07 am
YUMA, Arizona - Yuma police are seeking a man who allegedly tried to abduct a 15-year-old girl.
- Ex-firefighter held for trial; accused of taking 4 hostages Updated: Apr-28-15 3:50 pm
ELKINS PARK, Pennsylvania - A former volunteer firefighter was ordered Tuesday to stand trial on charges that he held four firefighters hostage at gunpoint last month, firing one shot into a wall before surrendering.
- 2 sentenced to prison in kidnapping hoax at Champaign mall Updated: Apr-28-15 6:50 am
URBANA, Illinois - A woman must serve at least one year in prison for faking her own kidnapping at a Champaign mall last year.
- Mexico: 92 kidnapped migrants rescued near Texas border Updated: Apr-27-15 7:58 pm
MEXICO CITY - Federal police have rescued 92 kidnapped migrants from a safe house in a city along the Texas border, authorities said Monday.
- 2 charged with kidnapping, running down woman Updated: Apr-27-15 2:16 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Sheriff's deputies in Cumberland County have charged two men with kidnapping, assaulting and running over a woman in an incident earlier this month.
- Man jailed on kidnapping charge following attack on woman Updated: Apr-26-15 12:01 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - A man has been arrested and jailed on a kidnapping charge.
- Deaths raise questions about ways to aid abducted Americans Updated: Apr-25-15 3:16 am
WASHINGTON - The accidental killing of two hostages in a U.S. operation against al-Qaida has put a new spotlight on the Obama administration's reliance on drones in the battle against terrorism - and has also raised pressure on the White House to revise the nation's oft-criticized strategy for dealing with abducted Americans and their families.