- Lincoln man accused of kidnapping, raping 8-year-old girl Updated: Aug-28-15 2:14 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln man described by his father as troubled is accused of kidnapping a sleeping 8-year-old girl from her home and raping her.
- Police: Carjacking, kidnapping suspect left prison ID behind Updated: Aug-28-15 7:08 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police are looking for a carjacking suspect whom they say left a prison ID behind.
- Woman who claimed she was abducted accused of false alarm Updated: Aug-28-15 6:07 am
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - Authorities say a Fort Lee woman who called 911 and said she was abducted at gunpoint is charged with creating a false public alarm.
- Police: 77-year-old, mistaken for homeless, was kidnapped Updated: Aug-28-15 3:19 am
DANBURY, Connecticut - Police say a 77-year-old man pushing a cart of cans and bottles down a Danbury street was kidnapped after being mistaken for a homeless person.
- Terror group member pleads guilty to holding 3 US hostages Updated: Aug-26-15 3:36 pm
WASHINGTON - A member of the leftist Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia faces a possible life sentence after admitting his role in the 2003 kidnapping of three Americans.
- Bail denied in kidnapping, torture of jewelry store worker Updated: Aug-26-15 2:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A federal judge has denied bail for a man accused of having helped kidnap and torture a Philadelphia jewelry store worker last spring.
- Sierra Vista man accused of holding his family at gunpoint Updated: Aug-25-15 6:10 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Authorities say a Sierra Vista man has been arrested for allegedly holding his family in an apartment at gunpoint.
- UN rights arm denounces executions in Iraq's Kurdish region Updated: Aug-25-15 2:01 pm
GENEVA - U.N. rights officials are denouncing the execution of a man and his two wives in Iraq's Kurdish region over the kidnapping and murder of two girls, saying they fear the self-ruled region may slide back toward use of the death penalty.
- 2 former NC prison officers indicted in kidnap probe Updated: Aug-24-15 6:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two former North Carolina correctional officers have been indicted as part of a wide-ranging investigation into the kidnapping of a prosecutor's father.
- Woman charged after 3 children kidnapped from Lansing home Updated: Aug-24-15 2:11 pm
LANSING, Michigan - An 18-year-old woman has been charged with kidnapping after three children went missing from their Lansing home.
- Small-town police chief accused of parental kidnapping Updated: Aug-24-15 9:31 am
KENNETT, Missouri - A small-town police chief from southeast Missouri is facing three felony charges.
- Police bust kidnap ring in northern Mexico, free 11 victims Updated: Aug-23-15 11:59 pm
CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico - Mexican officials say federal police have arrested a cell of the Gulf Cartel in the border state of Tamaulipas and freed 11 kidnap victims showing signs of severe malnutrition and torture.
- Woman accused of kidnapping 3-year-old boy Updated: Aug-23-15 10:29 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says a young woman is being charged with kidnapping after she was found with a missing 3-year-old boy.
- Dad involved in custody fight indicted on kidnapping charges Updated: Aug-23-15 2:40 pm
NEWTON, New Jersey - A father who allegedly took his two young sons out of state during a custody dispute has been indicted on two counts of kidnapping.
- UAE army frees British hostage as al-Qaida expands in Yemen Updated: Aug-23-15 11:49 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates said Sunday that its military freed a British hostage who was kidnapped 18 months ago by al-Qaida in Yemen, which has expanded its reach amid fighting between Shiite rebels and their opponents.
- Illinois man pleads guilty to abducting SEMO student Updated: Aug-21-15 11:37 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - A man from the Chicago area has pleaded guilty to kidnapping a Southeast Missouri State University student.
- Police: Florida woman lied about kidnapping to skip work Updated: Aug-21-15 9:01 am
PANAMA CITY, Florida - A Florida Panhandle woman is accused of making up a lie about being kidnapped so she wouldn't have to return to her job as a night shift nursing assistant.
- Denver prosecutors charge men accused of abducting women Updated: Aug-20-15 7:37 pm
DENVER - Charges have been filed after Denver police say four women were held captive in a garage for hours and at least some of them were beaten, sexually assaulted and threatened with drug overdoses.
- Police: Man charged with rape after taking girl from her bed Updated: Aug-20-15 4:11 pm
ASHLAND, Ohio - A northeast Ohio man has been charged with rape and kidnapping after police say he broke into a 6-year-old girl's bedroom, grabbed her while she slept and sexually assaulted her in the backyard of her family's home.
- Cops: Man tries to kidnap girl, confesses to being on meth Updated: Aug-20-15 10:59 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police say a New Hampshire man walked into the yard of a Manchester home, grabbed a 6-year-old's hand and tried to walk away.
- FBI offers reward in 2 bank extortion cases Updated: Aug-20-15 10:59 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The FBI says it is offering up to $20,000 for information that leads to the arrests of suspects in two East Tennessee bank extortion cases that involved kidnappings.
- Man charged with killing missing Wilson woman Updated: Aug-20-15 7:05 am
WILSON, North Carolina - A man has been charged with kidnapping and killing a woman who has been missing from her home in Wilson for three weeks.
- 2 Filipino coast guard men escape from Abu Sayyaf extremists Updated: Aug-20-15 2:07 am
MANILA, Philippines - Two Philippine coast guard personnel who were threatened with beheading escaped from their Abu Sayyaf extremist captors when hundreds of troops stormed the militants' jungle base in the country's south, military officials said Thursday.
- Family of slain California bank robbery hostage sues city Updated: Aug-18-15 5:28 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Police who shot and killed a bank robbery hostage in a hail of gunfire had been told to hold their fire before they shot indiscriminately, with no line of sight on the suspects or hostage, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday by the slain hostage's family.
- 2 Vermont men charged with beating, kidnapping third man Updated: Aug-18-15 9:28 am
EDEN, Vermont - Two Vermont men are accused of kidnapping and beating another man in Eden.