- EU and US reach new data-sharing agreement Updated: Feb-02-16 6:07 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union and the United States struck a deal Tuesday over data-sharing that will allow the likes of Facebook and Apple to continue sending people's information across the Atlantic - but a legal challenge to the pact is widely anticipated.
- Former college employee gets jail in identity theft case Updated: Feb-02-16 10:28 am
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California - A former community college employee has been sentenced to nearly a year in jail for stealing identity information of her coworkers in San Luis Obispo County.
- Centene loses personal, health data of 950,000 members Updated: Jan-26-16 3:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Health insurer Centene Corp. says it is missing half a dozen hard drives that contain the personal and health information of roughly 950,000 clients.
- Public school system challenges funding of charter schools Updated: Jan-25-16 9:51 am
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - The West Baton Rouge Parish school system is looking to lead the charge in the latest battle over the amount of local and state tax dollars the Louisiana Department of Education pumps into charter schools annually.
- Minnesota lawmakers take on data privacy in classrooms Updated: Jan-20-16 3:22 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Lawmakers and data privacy advocates say the digital age means students' private information needs protecting.
- Bill would protect student social media privacy Updated: Jan-09-16 2:14 pm