- Apple partners with commercial software giant SAP Updated: May-05-16 3:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has announced a new partnership with German software giant SAP to develop mobile apps that business customers can use on iPhones and iPad tablets.
- House approves legislation spreading fees to cellphones Updated: May-04-16 9:00 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina House approved legislation Wednesday that spreads the cost of phone services to cellphone customers, lowering fees on landline bills.
- Apple loses Chinese lawsuit over iPhone name Updated: May-04-16 12:41 pm
BEIJING - Apple Inc. has lost a legal fight with a Chinese company that a Beijing court says is allowed to use the iPhone name on wallets and handbags.
- Digital spring cleaning: 4 'cyber hygiene' tips to stay safe Updated: May-04-16 11:06 am
NEW YORK - Spring cleaning isn't just about tossing old furniture and torn clothing: It's a great time to clear out your digital clutter and make sure you're protected against hackers.
- In Tech: Dish techs fix iPhones, Best Buy gets Oculus VR Updated: May-03-16 2:44 pm
When Dish technicians aren't busy installing satellite TV services in people's homes, they'll be making house calls to replace iPhone batteries and broken screens.
- 3 New Jersey towns offer app for beach badge purchase Updated: May-03-16 8:53 am
SEA ISLE CITY, New Jersey - Three New Jersey towns are letting people purchase beach badges with their smartphones.
- Youngsville police reach residents with phone app, website Updated: May-03-16 8:18 am
YOUNGSVILLE, Louisiana - The Youngsville Police Department is looking to increase transparency and communication between it and the community with a smartphone application and a newly designed website.
- Lawmaker shelves bill to give police access to locked phones Updated: May-02-16 7:06 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A proposal to allow criminal investigators with a court order to unlock homicide victims' cellphones has gotten stuck in a House committee, after lawmakers split on the idea.
- Seeking a high-tech solution to make firearms safer Updated: May-02-16 3:36 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Jonathan Mossberg is among a small number of pioneers looking to build a safer gun. But unlike many others, he was in the gun business when he started down that path.
- Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to track shoppers Updated: May-01-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. senator is calling for a federal investigation into an outdoor advertising company's latest effort to target billboard ads to specific consumers.
- Smartphone health: Apple releases software for medical apps Updated: Apr-28-16 4:22 am
CUPERTINO, California - Apple is edging its way a little further into health care with the release of new iPhone apps that patients can use to manage their own medical conditions - from diabetes to pregnancy and even depression.
- FBI says it won't disclose how it accessed locked iPhone Updated: Apr-27-16 11:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The FBI said Wednesday that it will not publicly disclose the method that allowed it to access a locked iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino attackers, saying it lacks enough "technical information" about the software vulnerability that was exploited.
- Nintendo sinks into bigger quarterly loss on weak sales Updated: Apr-27-16 6:23 am
TOKYO - Japanese video-game maker Nintendo Co. reported a 24 billion yen ($216 million) loss for January-March Wednesday, bigger than the loss it reported the previous year.
- Apple reports iPhone sales down, 1st revenue drop since 2003 Updated: Apr-26-16 7:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple sold more than 51 million iPhones in the first three months of this year - and that's the problem.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Apr-26-16 4:11 pm
App Store Official Charts for the week ending April 24, 2016:
- Pope to youth: Happiness can't be downloaded like an app Updated: Apr-24-16 7:44 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis has told teenagers happiness can't be downloaded like a cellphone app.
- Feds say they've accessed phone at center of Apple data case Updated: Apr-23-16 3:52 am
NEW YORK - The U.S. Justice Department said it has withdrawn a request to force Apple to reveal data from a cellphone linked to a New York drug case after someone provided federal investigators with the phone's passcode.
- The Latest: Feds don't need Apple's help in iPhone data case Updated: Apr-22-16 10:33 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on to the legal battle between Apple and the Justice Department, which asked a judge to force the tech giant to reveal data from an iPhone linked to a New York City drug case (all times local):
- EU expands battle with Google with Android antitrust probe Updated: Apr-20-16 4:23 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union is broadening its battle with Google, alleging that the technology giant rigs the global market for mobile apps by making its Android operating system give preferential treatment to its own products.
- Sara Bareilles writes an original turn-off-your-phone song Updated: Apr-20-16 10:35 am
NEW YORK - Sara Bareilles' songwriting skills are all over the new Broadway musical "Waitress" - even down to the cellphone warning.
- Rhode Island launches mobile voter tool ahead of primary Updated: Apr-17-16 2:14 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island has introduced a new mobile website tool to help smartphone-carrying voters on Election Day.
- Apple continues feud with government in New York iPhone case Updated: Apr-15-16 5:55 pm
Apple says authorities have "utterly failed" to show they need the company's help to get data from a locked iPhone in a New York federal drug case, where the tech giant is continuing its fight with the government over access to customers' phones.
- AP Explains: Privacy wars pit tech firms vs. the feds Updated: Apr-15-16 1:28 pm
NEW YORK - Companies like Apple and Microsoft are pushing back against government surveillance in the courts, arguing that federal authorities have gone too far in obtaining chats, emails and other private information from phones and online services.
- Uber starts motorbike taxi service in Indonesian capital Updated: Apr-13-16 5:37 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Ride-hailing app Uber on Wednesday launched a motorbike taxi service in the Indonesian capital where Southeast Asian rivals Go-Jek and Grab are already battling for dominance.
- Ohio initiative to help bridge digital divide, homework gap Updated: Apr-09-16 10:14 am
CLEVELAND - Daysha Higgins had a computer at home until it blew out nearly two years ago, but she's never had the internet at home