- Utah legislators back plan to declare pornography a health crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 8:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state senator in Utah wants to declare pornography a public health crisis, echoing an argument being made around the U.S. by conservative religious groups as pornography becomes more accessible on smartphones and tablets.
- Apple now accepting your banged-up iPhone Updated: Feb-05-16 2:29 pm
NEW YORK - Apple for the first time is accepting banged up iPhones as a trade-in from those wanting to upgrade.
- Food industry looks to Congress as GMO labeling law nears Updated: Feb-04-16 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The food industry is pressuring Congress to act before the state of Vermont requires food labels for genetically modified ingredients.
- NYC to launch metered parking app by year's end Updated: Feb-03-16 7:21 am
NEW YORK - Motorists in New York City will be able to pay for metered parking via a smartphone app by the end of the year.
- Google parent Alphabet may soon top Apple's market value Updated: Jan-29-16 3:16 am
SAN FRANCISCO - As the digital advertising market booms and demand for smartphones wanes, Alphabet Inc. could soon dethrone Apple as the world's most valuable company.
- Review: Going offline with Google Maps Updated: Jan-28-16 2:50 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - I knew I wouldn't get real-time traffic information and other features when I opted to rely solely on Google's offline mapping capabilities for a week in and around Disney World near Orlando, Florida. In fact, Google Maps gave me trouble the moment I tried to leave the airport parking lot.
- After setting iPhone record, Apple forecasts rare sales drop Updated: Jan-26-16 7:12 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is bracing for its first sales decline in 13 years, despite selling a record 74.8 million iPhones in the final three months of 2015, in what may prove to be a turning point for the world's most valuable company.
- Chase planning rollout of card-free ATMs Updated: Jan-26-16 3:47 pm
NEW YORK - Soon, losing your ATM card won't be the financial life-stopping event it used to be. Just don't also lose your phone.
- NY senator taking action against dropped cellphone calls Updated: Jan-17-16 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - There's one thing Sen. Charles Schumer says is "driving New Yorkers crazy": dropped cellphone calls in dead zones all over the city.
- Apple defies industry trend as PC sales fall again Updated: Jan-12-16 6:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple keeps defying a PC industry trend: While other major computer-makers saw shipments fall in 2015, Apple increased the number of Macs it shipped worldwide last year, according to estimates from two research firms on Tuesday.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Jan-12-16 4:28 pm
App Store Official Charts for the week ending Jan. 10, 2016: