- Strong demand remains for paper maps even in GPS age Updated: Aug-29-15 10:49 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - In a west Omaha strip mall, a small team is using a 4,000-year-old navigational tool to help cement travelers' vacation plans: a map. You know, the printed kind.
- Correction: High-Tech Practice story Updated: Aug-28-15 7:57 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - In a story Aug. 20 about professional sports teams using GPS devices to track player performance, The Associated Press reported, based on information provided by StatSports, that the New York Knicks were using the technology. The Knicks are not clients of StatSports.
- Smokies biologists tracking nuisance bears with GPS collars Updated: Aug-15-15 4:13 pm
GATLINBURG, Tennessee - Biologists are now tracking nuisance bears in Great Smoky Mountains National Park with GPS collars.
- GPS units being installed on all state government vehicles Updated: Aug-13-15 7:16 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Jindal administration has started installing tracking devices in the entire state government's fleet.
- Casino sweater among items mailed with 6 pounds of meth Updated: Aug-11-15 10:05 pm
HONOLULU - A package mailed from Las Vegas containing a Golden Nugget casino sweater, a pillowcase and six pounds of methamphetamine led authorities to a man's Aiea apartment, where he allegedly kept another 14 pounds of crystal meth, a large amount of cash and a revolver, according to court documents.
- Milwaukee police to fire GPS trackers onto fleeing vehicles Updated: Aug-06-15 1:46 pm
MILWAUKEE - New tracking technology acquired by Milwaukee police will allow officers to keep tabs on criminal suspects without a dangerous high-speed chase.
- Review: Stand-alone gadgets trump all-in-one devices Updated: Aug-05-15 7:49 am
NEW YORK - When Apple announced new iPod music players a few weeks ago, many people asked why anyone would need iPods when smartphones can play music and more. I had that question myself - until I remembered I've been carrying an iPod almost every day, mostly for my runs.