- DNR and Minnesota State University team to study wild elk Updated: Feb-09-16 5:05 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Researchers plan to put GPS radio collars on around 20 female elk in northwestern Minnesota starting later this month as part of a project that aims to improve understanding of the animals' movements and habitat use.
- Escaped work-release inmate from Va. is captured in Fla. Updated: Feb-06-16 4:32 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Authorities say an escaped work-release inmate from Henrico County, Virginia, has been captured in Florida, three days after he removed his GPS monitoring device and fled the state.
- Kansas hunting outfitters target of federal investigation Updated: Feb-02-16 3:22 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Federal agents raided a hunting lodge in Kansas' Flint Hills as part of an investigation into allegations of illegal hunting and baiting that included the use of undercover hunters, GPS tracking of vehicles and camera surveillance, court documents show.
- Review: Under Armour's fitness gadgets need to shape up Updated: Jan-19-16 3:17 pm
BAY LAKE, Florida - You may know Under Armour mostly for its heavily marketed line of athletic sportswear. But the company has bigger ambitions: It's jumping into the crowded market for wearable gadgets that aim to help both athletes and couch potatoes track their fitness.
- Lifetime GPS monitoring in Wisconsin challenged in court Updated: Jan-12-16 1:35 pm
MILWAUKEE - A federal appeals court is considering a challenge to a Wisconsin law requiring lifetime GPS monitoring for some convicted sex offenders.