- Workers at 2 Spokane hospitals on 1-day strike Updated: Dec-04-13 10:28 am
- FDA warns of problems with Philips heart devices Updated: Dec-03-13 10:33 pm
- Updated healthcare.gov gets mixed reviews Updated: Dec-03-13 6:44 pm
- Notre Dame sues over birth control mandate Updated: Dec-03-13 4:52 pm
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Dec-03-13 4:28 pm
- North Conway, NH, hospital to join MaineHealth Updated: Dec-03-13 10:20 am
- Year-end signups crucial test for health care site Updated: Dec-02-13 11:00 pm
- ACLU sues US bishops over Catholic hospital ethics Updated: Dec-02-13 7:43 pm
- Forest Labs to cut 500 jobs in $500M restructuring Updated: Dec-02-13 4:33 pm
- Clinic operator admits to misbranded Botox charge Updated: Dec-02-13 3:26 pm
- Co-owner of Va. drug firm admits illegal imports Updated: Dec-02-13 1:38 pm
- Venture finalized with Portage Health, LifePoint Updated: Dec-02-13 10:23 am
- Rural hospitals across state face uncertain future Updated: Dec-01-13 4:40 pm
- Whitehouse holding talks on RI health care reforms Updated: Nov-30-13 10:01 am
- Moody's upgrades Greek credit rating Updated: Nov-29-13 6:07 pm
- Top administrator at Forks hospital put on leave Updated: Nov-28-13 12:07 pm
- Obama signs bill for more scrutiny for drug mixers Updated: Nov-27-13 4:19 pm
- 22-year-old man charged in Texas hospital stabbing Updated: Nov-26-13 8:01 pm
- Sale of Landmark to Calif. hospital chain OK'd Updated: Nov-26-13 4:10 pm
- South NJ nursing home cited for OSHA violations Updated: Nov-26-13 3:10 pm
- French drugmaker warns on morning-after pill Updated: Nov-26-13 11:58 am
- Germany's Bayer makes offer for Norway's Algeta Updated: Nov-26-13 6:04 am
- Whooping cough shot cuts illness, maybe not spread Updated: Nov-25-13 5:39 pm
- FDA overturns safety limits on diabetes drug Updated: Nov-25-13 4:57 pm
- Kansas legislators hear health care update Updated: Nov-25-13 2:44 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Some workers at Deaconess Medical Center and Valley Hospital in Spokane hit the picket lines Wednesday for a one-day strike in their ongoing contract dispute.
WASHINGTON - Federal health regulators are warning the public that certain cardiac defibrillators recalled by Philips Healthcare may fail to deliver a needed shock in an emergency.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Counselors helping people use the federal government's online health exchange are giving mixed reviews to the updated site, with some zipping through the application process while others are facing the same old sputters and even crashes.
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame on Tuesday filed another lawsuit opposing portions of the federal health care overhaul that forces it to provide health insurance for students and employees that includes birth control, saying it contravenes the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
NORTH CONWAY, New Hampshire - A North Conway hospital has received approval from New Hampshire regulators to join a health care system based in Portland, Maine.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's new and improved health care website faces yet another test in just a couple of weeks, its biggest yet. If HealthCare.gov becomes overwhelmed by an expected year-end crunch, many Americans will be left facing a break in their insurance coverage.
The American Civil Liberties Union filed a sweeping federal lawsuit against the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops over its ethical guidelines for Roman Catholic hospitals, arguing the directives were to blame for negligent care of a pregnant woman who went into early labor and whose baby died within hours.
NEW YORK - Forest Laboratories says it plans to cut about 500 jobs as part of a plan to trim $500 million in costs over the next two years.
ST. LOUIS - The operator of a St. Louis County medical clinic has pleaded guilty to federal charges, admitting giving misbranded Botox to patients.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - The co-owner of a now-defunct Virginia drug company has pleaded guilty to illegally importing Botox and other prescription drugs and selling them to physicians in violation of the Food and Drug Administration's regulatory scheme.
HANCOCK, Michigan - A joint venture between Portage Health and LifePoint Hospitals Inc. is expected to bring $60 million in capital improvements to a health system serving Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's rural hospitals are laying off workers and reducing services as they try to cope with the funding changes brought about by the Affordable Care Act and the political battles that surround expanding TennCare.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse will meet with the heads of Rhode Island's health care industry for a discussion on the reforms that are part of the Affordable Care Act.
ATHENS, Greece - Ratings agency Moody's late Friday upgraded Greece's credit rating, citing improved results in the crisis-hit country's economic adjustment program.
FORKS, Washington - Hospital officials say the top administrator at Forks Community Hospital on the Washington coast has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.
WASHINGTON - Compounding pharmacies that custom-mix medications in bulk are expected to come under more federal oversight under a bill signed into law Wednesday by President Barack Obama.
LONGVIEW, Texas - A nurse died and four people were injured Tuesday in a stabbing attack at an East Texas medical complex.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A judge on Tuesday signed off on the sale of financially troubled Landmark Medical Center to a for-profit California-based hospital chain, clearing the way for the Woonsocket hospital's exit from receivership after more than five years.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal officials have cited a southern New Jersey nursing home for several violations that could have affected the health and well-being of its employees.
PARIS - A French contraceptive maker said Tuesday its morning-after pill doesn't work when taken by women who weigh more than 80 kilograms (176 pounds) and plans to change its labels to warn patients.
BERLIN - Norway-based cancer drug maker Algeta ASA says it has received a preliminary takeover offer from Germany's Bayer AG that values the company at about $2.4 billion.
ATLANTA - A government study offers a new theory on why the whooping cough vaccine doesn't seem to be working as well as expected.
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration is lifting severe safety restrictions on the former blockbuster diabetes pill Avandia, citing recent data suggesting that the much-debated medication does not increase the risk of heart attack.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas insurance department official said Monday that the agency is working with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas to provide guidance for continuing coverage for some 10,000 policies that previously were canceled because they wouldn't have conformed to the federal health care law.