- Wal-Mart jumps into the money transfer biz, loudly Updated: Apr-17-14 7:07 pm
- State town hall yields water recommendations Updated: Apr-16-14 6:04 pm
- Va. stands with Chesapeake Bay restoration plan Updated: Apr-10-14 2:52 pm
- California Chrome easily wins Santa Anita Derby Updated: Apr-05-14 9:06 pm
- Salmon season opens; fishermen warned about otters Updated: Apr-05-14 5:44 pm
- Lost crab traps still a danger to bay boaters Updated: Mar-30-14 4:52 pm
- Va. Aquarium's stranding team helps marine animals Updated: Mar-29-14 8:56 am
- NM scientist to lead energy, water research group Updated: Mar-29-14 5:22 am
NEW YORK - Wal-Mart is delving deeper into financial services at its stores and shaking up the money transfer business.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Hundreds of New Mexico officials, business leaders and others finished hashing out recommendations Wednesday for improving the way the drought-stricken state uses its water and plans for the future.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia is defending the multistate plan to restore the environmentally battered Chesapeake Bay, arguing in a court filing that the state's interest in the nation's largest estuary is "incalculably great."
ARCADIA, California - Art Sherman knows what it takes to get a horse to the Kentucky Derby and win. He had a close-up view as an 18-year-old workout rider when Swaps won the 1955 Run for the Roses. Nearly 60 years later, Sherman is taking his own colt to Louisville as the early Derby favorite.
MOSS LANDING, California - As the recreational salmon fishing season opens Saturday, marine conservationists at the Monterey Bay Aquarium are warning boaters to look out for California sea otters when they head out to sea.
GALLOWAY, New Jersey - Fishermen call them ghost traps, and the hulks do look a little scary when they break the surface of Great Bay: hairy with marine growth, packed with muck and sometimes remains of long-dead crabs.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The mystery began with a telephone call on an otherwise normal Wednesday to the Mid-Atlantic Marine Conservation Center, a plain building on a dead-end street near the Virginia Beach oceanfront.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A scientist from Los Alamos National Laboratory has been tapped to help New Mexico with complex issues related to energy and water science.