- Asian carp barrier nearly done at northeast Indiana wetland Updated: Nov-25-15 4:05 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A nearly 2-mile-long earthen berm through a northeastern Indiana marsh that's designed to keep Asian carp from entering the Great Lakes is almost complete, months after heavy rains temporarily halted the project.
- Rochester Hills wetlands get new life Updated: Nov-23-15 4:11 am
ROCHESTER HILLS, Michigan - A wooded wetlands tucked inside the campus of Rochester College is being revitalized, with plans to transform the 30-acre site into a public service learning park.
- Md. board OKs wetlands license for Kent Island development Updated: Nov-18-15 12:49 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A Maryland board has approved a wetlands license needed to build more than 1,000 homes for senior citizens on Kent Island.
- 9th Circuit rejects bid to halt Reno-Sparks bypass road Updated: Nov-02-15 8:28 pm
RENO, Nevada - The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Monday rejected the latest attempt by a group of Nevada citizens to halt construction of a major bypass being built on the edge of Reno.
- Wetlands to remove zinc from Webb City wastewater Updated: Oct-29-15 12:26 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A wetlands area is being created in a once heavily mined southwest Missouri community to help remove zinc from wastewater.
- Wetland restoration aims to help clean up Clearwater Chain Updated: Oct-28-15 8:34 pm
KIMBALL, Minnesota - The Clearwater River squiggled toward Minnesota Highway 15, where Dennis Loewen perched on the rim of a box culvert midway down the embankment, lowering a modified snow rake into sluggish, chocolatey water.
- Corps eyeing sugar cane fields for mitigation project Updated: Oct-27-15 11:47 am
RACELAND, Louisiana - Hundreds of acres of sugarcane field and swamp just outside of Raceland could be turned into wetlands to compensate for levees and drainage work to protect areas surrounding New Orleans from hurricanes.