- Environmentalists criticize changes to California delta plan Updated: Apr-30-15 8:29 pm
OAKLAND, California - Environmentalists on Thursday criticized a proposal by Gov. Jerry Brown to dramatically scale back wildlife habitat restoration involved in a massive tunnel project intended to channel fresh water around California's delta.
- SC watchdog questions agency, nonprofit spending on wetlands Updated: Apr-29-15 1:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - State auditors are questioning why the Commerce Department and the Coastal Conservation League set up a nonprofit to disperse $5 million to make up for the destruction of wetlands at a Vought manufacturing site near Charleston.
- Volunteers continue work to prevent turtle roadway deaths Updated: Apr-26-15 12:08 pm
MARGATE, New Jersey - To a diamondback terrapin, the black, rigid corrugated tubing along the Margate Causeway might look like a giant, insurmountable wall.
- Bill pulls back NC environment mandate on public funds, land Updated: Apr-26-15 10:59 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Leading North Carolina business lobbying groups are pushing to scale back a 1971 state law that requires government agencies to evaluate the potential results of spending public dollars or disturbing public lands on the environment.
- Amid suburban South Florida, wetlands rich with birds Updated: Apr-14-15 10:00 am
DELRAY BEACH, Florida - The crowd quickly gathered - a dozen or so people, cameras in hand - as an 8-foot (2-meter) alligator came ashore.
- Design work begins on Houma wetlands center Updated: Apr-13-15 4:05 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Architects are expected to start work soon on a building that will house the South Louisiana Wetlands Discovery Center in Houma.
- Study: Minnesota converted most wetlands between 2008-2012 Updated: Apr-05-15 12:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota converted more wetlands into farmland than any other state when crop prices spiked between 2008 and 2012, according to a new study by University of Wisconsin-Madison researchers.