- Indiana to restore wetland, create migratory bird rest stop Updated: Aug-31-15 4:02 am
LAKE VILLAGE, Indiana - State wildlife officials say they'll restore a northwestern Indiana wetland to turn it into a rest stop for stressed-out waterfowl and shore birds during their migrations.
- Wichita planning 'urban wetlands' park Updated: Aug-28-15 3:19 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita officials say they're planning an urban wetlands park in the city that could include walking and jogging trails, plus a fishing pond.
- Officials breach levee to open wetlands to salmon recovery Updated: Aug-28-15 10:46 am
EVERETT, Washington - Bulldozers have removed about 1,500 linear feet of a levee in the Snohomish River Estuary in order to reopen 350 acres of historic wetlands to threaten salmon.
- Judge: Government should pay $3 billion to repair wetlands Updated: Aug-27-15 9:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A judge ruled Thursday that the federal government should foot the bill - tagged at about $3 billion - for fixing damage done to wetlands just outside New Orleans by a shipping channel the Army Corps of Engineers dug in the 1960s.
- Drought conditions dry up some seasonal wetlands early Updated: Aug-24-15 4:51 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Seasonal wetlands are drying up more quickly than usual as drought conditions persist in the Willamette Valley.
- More North Dakota land being dedicated to wildlife habitat Updated: Aug-17-15 10:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Ducks and geese and maybe even bees stand to benefit from an expansion of North Dakota land into certain federal conservation programs.
- Biologists' discovery of striped newt at Dixie excites many Updated: Aug-16-15 1:59 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The early-May trip to Dixie Plantation was intended to be one of fun, educational exploration, not serious scientific discovery.
- Wetlands along Columbia River to benefit from levee breach Updated: Aug-15-15 7:32 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - Pastures along the Columbia River will be returning to a wetland for the first time in 70 years when a levee is breached on Saturday.
- Enviros, state officials call for MRGO wetlands restoration Updated: Aug-11-15 8:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Environmental groups and state leaders Tuesday renewed calls to fix the wetlands outside New Orleans destroyed by the Mississippi River-Gulf Outlet, a federally built shipping channel blamed for worsening the effects of Hurricane Katrina.