- Highlands School District teachers OK April 13 strike date Updated: Feb-10-16 8:58 am
NATRONA HEIGHTS, Pennsylvania - Teachers in one western Pennsylvania school district will strike April 13 if they don't get a new contract.
- England's junior doctors go on strike as contract talks fail Updated: Feb-10-16 6:44 am
LONDON - Thousands of junior doctors throughout England have gone on strike after the failure of contract negotiations.
- Washington Hospital, service union confirm 3-year contract Updated: Feb-09-16 2:06 pm
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - Washington Hospital has reached a three-year contract agreement with its service workers union.
- California State University campuses prep for strike Updated: Feb-08-16 3:12 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The union that represents California State University faculty said Monday it is preparing for a five-day strike at the system's 23 campuses, by far the largest walkout since professors and instructors won collective bargaining rights in the early 1980s.
- Ethnic protesters in Nepal withdraw border blockade, strike Updated: Feb-08-16 7:30 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - The main ethnic group that's been protesting for months over Nepal's new constitution is ending its border blockade and general strike, bringing relief to the Himalayan nation severely short of fuel, medicine and other supplies.
- New Hampshire fast food workers gear up for 1st strike Updated: Feb-06-16 11:03 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Fast food workers are set to walk off the job in New Hampshire's largest city to demand an hourly wage of $15 and union rights.
- Union calls series of strikes on London Underground Updated: Feb-05-16 11:19 am
LONDON - London Underground maintenance workers are planning a series of strikes in a dispute over safety.
- Protests, EU demands add pressure on Greece's Tsipras Updated: Feb-04-16 3:51 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Tens of thousands joined anti-government protests across Greece Thursday as the country was crippled by a general strike against painful pension reforms demanded by bailout lenders.
- Striking Shamokin area teachers ordered back to work Updated: Feb-04-16 6:11 am
COAL, Pennsylvania - Striking Shamokin Area School District teachers are returning to work after being on strike since Jan. 20.
- French taxis, air traffic controllers, schools on strike Updated: Jan-26-16 10:37 pm
PARIS - Paris police fired tear gas and taxi drivers lit bonfires on a major highway Tuesday amid nationwide strikes and protests over working conditions and competition from non-traditional services such as Uber.
- After ugly first year, Illinois' governor says stay tuned Updated: Jan-26-16 5:29 pm
CHICAGO - Bruce Rauner takes pride in not being like any of Illinois' previous governors, either on matters of style or substance.
- MLB studying raise of strike zone's bottom Updated: Jan-25-16 10:49 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball's strike zone could be getting a slight lift.
- Slovak teachers go on strike to demand higher salaries Updated: Jan-25-16 4:29 am
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Thousands of Slovak teachers have gone on strike to demand higher pay, forcing authorities to close hundreds of schools across the country.
- Twin Cities janitors authorize strike if no contract reached Updated: Jan-23-16 6:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Janitors who clean office buildings in the Twin Cities have authorized a strike if a contract agreement is not reached by Feb. 14.
- Labor judge: Wal-Mart strikes protected under law Updated: Jan-22-16 11:10 am
NEW YORK - A National Labor Relations Board judge has ruled that Wal-Mart Stores Inc. unlawfully disciplined workers who staged protests in May and June of 2013 and ordered the retailer to reinstate 16 former employees, as well as give them back pay.
- Phoenix bus drivers' union accepts new deal Updated: Jan-15-16 6:06 pm
PHOENIX - A bus drivers' union approved a new agreement with a transit company Friday, bringing an end to a weeklong strike that shut down bus routes in Phoenix.
- The Latest: Phoenix bus drivers' union accepts new deal Updated: Jan-15-16 5:11 pm
PHOENIX - The latest on a tentative agreement in Phoenix's weeklong bus strike (all times local):