- FairPoint unemployment benefit decision is reversed Updated: Oct-02-15 5:28 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The chairwoman of Maine's Unemployment Insurance Commission has reversed a decision to award unemployment benefits to workers who went on strike against FairPoint Communications, drawing an angry response from two unions on Friday.
- East St. Louis students fed during teachers strike Updated: Oct-02-15 7:43 am
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - Schools officials say East St. Louis students will still be transported to their schools to be fed while teachers are on strike.
- Union vote opens door for Phoenix transit strike Updated: Oct-01-15 1:57 pm
PHOENIX - Unionized bus drivers are considering a strike as they review a final contract offer.
- Workers at federal training center in Artesia break strike Updated: Sep-30-15 4:45 am
ARTESIA, New Mexico - After three months of picketing, service workers at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia have voted to end their strike.
- United Auto Workers threaten strike at Missouri Ford factory Updated: Sep-29-15 6:58 pm
DETROIT - The United Auto Workers union is threatening to strike next week at a key Ford assembly plant in a dispute over local contract negotiations.
- Scranton teacher's strike expected to continue Updated: Sep-29-15 3:11 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A teacher's strike in a northeastern Pennsylvania school district is expected to continue.
- Kelso teachers union, district reach deal; school to resume Updated: Sep-28-15 5:23 am
KELSO, Washington - Classes in the Kelso School District are set to resume with a two-hour late start Monday after the teachers union and the district reached a tentative contract agreement.
- Mediators call timeout on labor talks in Pantex Plant strike Updated: Sep-27-15 1:09 pm
AMARILLO, Texas - Federal mediators have ordered a brief break in labor talks as a strike at the Pantex nuclear weapons plant near Amarillo reached the one-month mark.
- Wenatchee teachers probably won't be going on strike Updated: Sep-25-15 6:22 pm
WENATCHEE, Washington - Wenatchee teachers probably won't be the latest group to go on strike. The teachers union and the school district have reached a tentative agreement they will vote on Saturday.
- Strike begins at Philadelphia TV station ahead of pope visit Updated: Sep-25-15 1:06 am
PHILADELPHIA - Camera operators and photographers are among the union members who've gone on strike at a Philadelphia television station just days before one of the year's biggest news events, Pope Francis' visit.
- Striking central Pa. teachers agree to return to classrooms Updated: Sep-23-15 6:29 pm
SHAMOKIN, Pennsylvania - A teachers' strike in central Pennsylvania is ending after the union and school district agreed to resolve the work stoppage by 182 teachers.
- Teachers approve deal, end strike at Rock Valley College Updated: Sep-22-15 8:54 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Teachers at a Rockford community college have voted to accept a new contract, ending a four-day strike.
- Kelso teachers vote to defy court order to go back to school Updated: Sep-21-15 10:44 am
KELSO, Washington - Striking teachers in Kelso have voted to defy a court order telling them to go back to school.
- Old Forge teachers, without contract for 6 years, on strike Updated: Sep-21-15 7:19 am
OLD FORGE, Pennsylvania - Teachers in one northeastern Pennsylvania school district are striking again after six years without a contract.
- Seattle teachers approve labor contract, vote to end strike Updated: Sep-20-15 10:40 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle teachers approved a labor contract between the union and its school district Sunday, officially ending a weeklong strike that had delayed the start of school for 53,000 students.
- Nationwide strike brings parts of Finland to a halt Updated: Sep-18-15 9:24 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A one-day strike in Finland halted public transportation and shut down ports nationwide on Friday as workers protested against government cutbacks aimed at trying to drag the Nordic country out of a three-year economic downturn.
- Sides reach deal to end 42-day bus strike in Tucson, Arizona Updated: Sep-16-15 10:37 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The transit bus system in Tucson and a union representing hundreds of workers reached a new contract agreement Wednesday to end a 42-day strike.
- Teachers go on strike in suburban Chicago school district Updated: Sep-16-15 8:10 am
PROSPECT HEIGHTS, Illinois - Teachers in a suburban Chicago school district have gone on strike, closing schools in the district of roughly 1,500 students.
- The Latest: Seattle teachers union panel votes to end strike Updated: Sep-15-15 9:15 pm
SEATTLE - The latest on the strike by public-school teachers in Seattle (all times local):
- Chile: Airport strike grounds departing flights Updated: Sep-15-15 2:55 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A 24-hour strike by civil aviation workers in Chile grounded dozens of departing flights and affected thousands of passengers, officials said on Tuesday.
- Chicago woman is charged after striking 2 people on flight Updated: Sep-15-15 1:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Officials say a 25-year-old woman is accused of striking another passenger and a flight attendant, and forcing a Chicago-bound American Airlines flight to be diverted to Indianapolis.
- Pasco teachers overwhelmingly approve contract, end strike Updated: Sep-14-15 3:54 pm
PASCO, Washington - Teachers in Pasco have voted overwhelmingly to approve a contract agreement and end their two-week strike.
- Seattle workers picket aviation contractor over labor issues Updated: Sep-11-15 1:36 pm
SEATAC, Washington - Baggage handlers, cabin cleaners and ramp workers employed by Alaska Airlines contractor Menzies Aviation have walked off the job at Sea-Tac International Airport.
- State, AFSCME to continue talks without lockout or strike Updated: Sep-10-15 6:38 pm
CHICAGO - State officials will continue contract negotiations with Illinois' largest public employee union without the possibility of a strike, work slowdown or lockout.
- Seattle teacher strike keeps kids home on 1st day of school Updated: Sep-09-15 7:16 pm
SEATTLE - Thousands of Seattle teachers marched on picket lines Wednesday, striking for the first time in three decades amid increasing complaints that their salaries have not kept up with the city's booming tech economy.