- Vermont county's bus driver's may strike Updated: Mar-06-14 6:04 pm
- Maryville nurses authorize strike; talks continue Updated: Mar-04-14 12:22 pm
- Nurses ratify 3-year contract with UPMC Altoona Updated: Mar-01-14 12:16 pm
- Portland teachers ratify deal that avoided strike Updated: Feb-28-14 9:17 am
- Las Vegas' largest union to vote on casino strike Updated: Feb-26-14 10:04 am
- Union issues strike notice to WVU Hospitals Updated: Feb-26-14 8:06 am
- Portland State faculty declares impasse in talks Updated: Feb-24-14 7:25 pm
- Strike over, Medford teachers back in classrooms Updated: Feb-24-14 3:57 pm
- Frankfurt Airport partially shuts due to strike Updated: Feb-21-14 12:42 pm
- Tentative deal between St. Paul district, teachers Updated: Feb-21-14 11:44 am
- 41 flights canceled in Frankfurt airport strike Updated: Feb-21-14 9:28 am
- Strikes challenging government spread across Egypt Updated: Feb-20-14 11:10 am
- No deal yet in Medford teachers strike Updated: Feb-20-14 9:40 am
- Vt. bus driver union says strike possible Updated: Feb-19-14 6:40 pm
- NY top court hears teacher protest case Updated: Feb-19-14 6:13 pm
- Progress reported in Medford teachers strike Updated: Feb-19-14 9:26 am
- U of Ill. at Chicago faculty start 2-day strike Updated: Feb-18-14 7:40 pm
- Police: Substitute menaced picketing teachers Updated: Feb-17-14 7:35 pm
- BART hiring consultant to probe contract talks Updated: Feb-14-14 12:55 pm
- Tickets tossed for honking in support of teachers Updated: Feb-13-14 3:13 pm
- Chicago FBI offers rewards for laser strike tips Updated: Feb-12-14 4:05 am
- New talks try to end Medford teachers strike Updated: Feb-08-14 2:01 pm
- South Africa: Miner killed in clash with police Updated: Feb-08-14 9:55 am
- Workers threaten strike at World Cup stadium Updated: Feb-08-14 9:37 am
- School's out for thousands; Oregon teachers strike Updated: Feb-06-14 5:26 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - About 9,500 people who rely on public bus service in Vermont's largest county could be without a ride Monday if the drivers and the agency they work for don't reach a contract agreement this weekend.
DES PLAINES, Illinois - Nurses at a psychiatric hospital in suburban Chicago have filed an intent to strike notice as negotiations with management continue.
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - Nurses at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's hospital in Altoona have ratified a three-year contract reached in talks that were scheduled after the nurses staged a one-day strike last month.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The union for Portland public school teachers says they have ratified the contract deal that avoided a strike in Oregon's largest district.
LAS VEGAS - Members of a powerful Las Vegas hotel union are planning a vote next month that could empower organizers to call for a strike.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A union representing more than 900 workers at WVU Hospitals plans to go on strike March 8 if there's no agreement on a new contract.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland State University faculty union declared an impasse in contract talks Monday following 10 months of fruitless bargaining with administrators who are wrestling with a budget deficit.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Teachers in the Medford School District have gone back to their classrooms after a strike.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Frankfurt Airport, Europe's second busiest, shut down Friday afternoon for people whose flights originated from the hub after thousands of security personnel walked off the job to press demands for higher wages.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - St. Paul Public Schools and its teachers union have reached a tentative agreement on a new labor contract, averting a strike authorization vote set for Monday.
FRANKFURT, Germany - More than three dozen flights have been canceled at Germany's largest airport after security personnel walked out to press demands for higher wages ahead of a new round of negotiations.
CAIRO - Egypt's state news agency says that worker strikes have spread across the Nile Delta and southern Egypt, increasing pressure on the country's military-backed interim government.
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Medford School District may have to adjust the school calendar if a teachers strike continues after this week.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Drivers and the management of Vermont's Chittenden County Transportation Authority say a strike is possible if the two sides are unable to settle an ongoing contract dispute.
ALBANY, New York - New York's top court grilled lawyers for a Long Island school district and picketing teachers Wednesday about whether the teachers' parked cars put students at risk and whether that trumps their right to free speech.
MEDFORD, Oregon - There may be some progress toward ending the teachers strike at Medford.
CHICAGO - Hundreds of University of Illinois at Chicago faculty members began striking Tuesday to demand pay raises and protest a failure to reach an agreement with the administration on a contract.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Police and striking Medford teachers say a man employed as a substitute teacher drove too close to a picket line, pulling up on the grass within striking distance of the teachers.
OAKLAND, California - The Bay Area Rapid Transit agency is hiring a consultant to investigate its recent round of contentious labor negotiations, which led to two strikes and a contract dispute.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Authorities have dismissed four tickets issued to motorists for honking their horns in support of striking teachers in the Medford school district.
CHICAGO - Chicago's FBI field office is participating in a trial reward program that is designed to deter people from pointing lasers at aircraft in flight.
MEDFORD, Oregon - The Medford School District and striking teachers planned to resume talks Saturday.
JOHANNESBURG - Striking miners in South Africa clashed with police after using rocks and burning tires to block a road leading to a platinum mine, and one protester was killed, a mining company said Saturday.
SAO PAULO - Workers at a World Cup stadium in the jungle city of Manaus are threatening to go on strike to demand better conditions following a third recent construction-related death at the venue.
PORTLAND, Oregon - More than 13,000 students were out of school Thursday -and likely will remain so through Monday- after teachers in southern Oregon's largest district went on strike.