- Will County workers approve new 4-year contract Updated: Dec-06-13 10:10 am
- Strike at Spokane hospital turns into lockout Updated: Dec-06-13 8:49 am
- LA County children's social workers go on strike Updated: Dec-05-13 2:44 pm
- Workers at 2 Spokane hospitals on 1-day strike Updated: Dec-04-13 10:28 am
- BART unions sue transit agency over contract Updated: Dec-03-13 6:58 pm
- NE Pa. hospital nurses stage 1-day strike Updated: Dec-03-13 1:46 pm
- Fast-food strikes aim at 100 US cities Updated: Dec-02-13 5:28 pm
- Correction: Germany-Amazon story Updated: Nov-29-13 8:17 am
- Nurses announce 24-hour strike at Pa. hospital Updated: Nov-29-13 6:37 am
- Portuguese postal workers protest privatization Updated: Nov-29-13 6:08 am
- Bangladesh strikes make working a dangerous move Updated: Nov-29-13 4:43 am
- Portugal strikes, legal action bring fiscal risk Updated: Nov-25-13 7:25 am
- Computer glitch is latest issue for transit agency Updated: Nov-22-13 8:22 pm
- UC hospital workers stage 1-day strike Updated: Nov-20-13 3:39 pm
- Correction: UC Nurses-Contract story Updated: Nov-18-13 10:26 pm
- Gov't finds merit in labor claims against Wal-Mart Updated: Nov-18-13 7:38 pm
- Truckers at 3 companies near LA port stage strike Updated: Nov-18-13 3:25 pm
- Trash strike in Spain's capital ends after 13 days Updated: Nov-17-13 2:40 pm
- SF transit agency calls for renewed labor talks Updated: Nov-16-13 10:18 pm
- New London hospital employees authorize strike Updated: Nov-15-13 7:35 am
- Finnair warns crew strike will reduce revenue Updated: Nov-13-13 1:29 pm
- UC patient care workers announce a strike Updated: Nov-08-13 11:30 pm
- Union calls for criminal probe of BART deaths Updated: Nov-07-13 7:22 pm
JOLIET, Illinois - Government workers in Will County have voted to approve new four-year contracts.
SPOKANE, Washington - Valley Hospital in Spokane has told about 80 nurses and other employees who walked out for a one-day strike Wednesday they can't return to work until Saturday.
LOS ANGELES - About 4,000 children's social workers for Los Angeles County were on strike Thursday after contract talks broke down over the timing of a pay raise and the number of caseloads the workers must handle, union officials said.
SPOKANE, Washington - Some workers at Deaconess Medical Center and Valley Hospital in Spokane hit the picket lines Wednesday for a one-day strike in their ongoing contract dispute.
OAKLAND, California - San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit's two largest unions filed a lawsuit Tuesday against the agency, claiming its board of directors broke state law when it approved a contract without a key provision.
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - Some nurses at a northeastern Pennsylvania hospital have begun a one-day strike to protest working seven months without a new contract.
NEW YORK - Fast-food workers in about 100 cities will walk off the job on Thursday, organizers say, which would mark the largest effort yet in a push for higher pay.
BERLIN - In a story Nov. 25 about a strike against Amazon.com in Germany, The Associated Press erroneously reported that the union ver.di represents about 2,000 Amazon employees in Leipzig and 3,300 in Bad Hersfeld.
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - Nurses at a northeastern Pennsylvania hospital have planned a one-day strike to protest their lack of a contract.
LISBON, Portugal - Striking Portuguese postal workers have scuffled with police during a protest against the national mail company's privatization.
DHAKA, Bangladesh - The rickshaw driver was approaching an intersection in Bangladesh's capital when two men stopped his vehicle, doused it with gasoline and set it ablaze. The reason: He had gone to work.
LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese government's woes are piling up as it battles to comply with austerity measures demanded by its 78 billion-euro ($105 billion) bailout.
OAKLAND, California - In recent months, the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit system has seen two strikes shut down service and had two workers killed on tracks.
LOS ANGELES - University of California hospital employees picketed Wednesday at medical centers across the state in response to what union leaders called intimidation and harassment from management against workers who took part in a two-day walkout in May.
LOS ANGELES - In a story Nov. 17 about the University of California and unionized nurses reaching a tentative labor agreement, The Associated Press erroneously reported who will contribute to the nurses' pension plan. The preliminary deal calls for nurses, not the university, to contribute 8 percent of pay to pension benefits starting in January, followed by 9 percent in July.
WASHINGTON - Federal officials said Monday they are prepared to file formal complaints against Wal-Mart for allegedly violating the legal rights of protesting workers last year.
LOS ANGELES - Dozens of truckers working for three companies that take goods to and from the Port of Los Angeles are striking.
MADRID - A trash collectors' strike that left Madrid's streets piled high with garbage has ended after 13 days, with workers voting to accept a deal hammered out by trade unions and employers.
OAKLAND, California - San Francisco transit officials are calling for a return to the bargaining table, saying an expensive provision was "erroneously" included in a labor contract that settled a union dispute that had caused two recent strikes.
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - About 800 nurses and technicians at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital in New London have voted to authorize their union leadership to call a strike unless a contract agreement is reached.
HELSINKI - Finnair says that potential strikes by employees later this month would further weaken its full-year performance, causing an operational loss on top of a drop in revenue.
OAKLAND, California - Thousands of University of California patient care workers have voted to go on strike for the second time in five months.
SAN FRANCISCO - Bay Area Rapid Transit officials were grilled about the agency's safety record during a four-hour legislative hearing Thursday that included a call from a workers' union for a criminal probe into the deaths of two track inspectors who were struck by a train while BART workers were on strike.