- Even before controversy, blacks cool to Oscars telecast Updated: Feb-11-16 11:05 am
NEW YORK - The largest black audience for the Academy Awards over the last dozen years came in 2005, when Chris Rock was host and Jamie Foxx and Morgan Freeman won the top male acting awards.
- Gael Garcia Bernal: Penn's El Chapo article was a failure Updated: Jan-21-16 5:18 pm
NEW YORK - Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal said he and Sean Penn agree on something: Penn's Rolling Stone reporting about Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman failed in its mission.
- 'Spotlight,' DiCaprio, Larson win at Critics' Choice Awards Updated: Jan-18-16 4:47 am
LOS ANGELES - The investigative journalism drama "Spotlight" won the top prize at the Critics' Choice Awards on Sunday, while awards favorites Brie Larson and Leonardo DiCaprio won the top acting prizes for "Room" and "The Revenant."
- USA network tries to take advantage of 'Mr. Robot' wins Updated: Jan-14-16 4:03 pm
PASADENA, California - The creator of "Mr. Robot" promises more twists for the show's second season, as USA moves to take advantage of two Golden Globe Awards for the freshman drama that is a key part of its strategy to appeal to a younger and hipper audience.
- The Latest: Jennifer Jason Leigh wakes up to an Oscar dream Updated: Jan-14-16 2:10 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The latest on the 88th annual Oscar nominations announced Thursday in Beverly Hills, California, by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (all times local):
- Original song nominees at Oscars is battle of the pop stars Updated: Jan-14-16 12:50 pm
NEW YORK - The race for best original song at the Academy Awards is a full-blown battle of the 20-something pop stars, with Lady Gaga, Sam Smith and the Weeknd up for the honor this year.
- Stallone thanks 'Creed' director, co-star after Globes Updated: Jan-12-16 3:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Sylvester Stallone has taken to social media to officially thank "Creed" director Ryan Coogler and star Michael B. Jordan days after winning the Golden Globe for best supporting actor in the film.