- Ill. gets $1M in federal grants after tornadoes Updated: Dec-11-13 11:29 am
- Wind chill warning for central/NE Minnesota Updated: Dec-11-13 11:20 am
- Megaload movers decide to resume Ore. trip Updated: Dec-11-13 11:20 am
- Lake-effect storms burying parts of upstate NY Updated: Dec-11-13 11:05 am
- Postal services resume at Moore post office Updated: Dec-11-13 10:08 am
- Double-amputee vet helps stranded Ohio motorists Updated: Dec-11-13 9:43 am
- Deadwood businesses plagued by water line breaks Updated: Dec-11-13 9:40 am
- Southern Wyoming interstates back open Updated: Dec-11-13 9:34 am
- Authorities: Icy road factor in fatal Mich. crash Updated: Dec-11-13 9:11 am
- Syrian refugees in Lebanon bundle up against storm Updated: Dec-11-13 9:06 am
- Inmates help remove tornado debris in Diamond Updated: Dec-11-13 8:56 am
- Seattle deicer error made bridge roadway slick Updated: Dec-11-13 8:50 am
- Alert canceled after Colo. ice dam flood subsides Updated: Dec-11-13 7:29 am
- NJ faces bitter cold day Updated: Dec-11-13 5:53 am
- Birmingham opens shelter during cold blast Updated: Dec-11-13 5:34 am
- Senior advocates: Elderly at risk from cold temps Updated: Dec-11-13 5:07 am
- Snow could mean rough commute in Chicago, N. Ill. Updated: Dec-11-13 5:05 am
- Plodding storm moves out of US at last Updated: Dec-11-13 4:14 am
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada Updated: Dec-11-13 12:27 am
- Northern Arkansas still socked in by wintery storm Updated: Dec-10-13 8:25 pm
- Numerous crashes reported in southern Vermont Updated: Dec-10-13 7:55 pm
- Death toll from winter storm in Okla. stands at 10 Updated: Dec-10-13 7:04 pm
- Eugene warming shelters get heavy use Updated: Dec-10-13 6:41 pm
- It's been 5 years since NH ice storm hit Updated: Dec-10-13 6:31 pm
- Wis. DNR to board: Cold weather dampened hunt Updated: Dec-10-13 6:19 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Pat Quinn's office says federal aid for Illinois tornado victims has topped $1 million.
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - Forecasters say the deep freeze that has gripped Minnesota is more typical of mid-January temperatures.
PENDLETON, Oregon - After a week waiting out a cold snap and storm, the company moving a megaload of oilfield equipment is resuming a trip across Eastern Oregon.
BUFFALO, New York - More than two feet of snow has fallen in central New York areas east of Lake Ontario, while towns south of Buffalo are getting their share of lake-effect snow.
MOORE, Oklahoma - More signs of normalcy are returning to residents of Moore more than six months after the deadly tornado.
FAIRBORN, Ohio - A Marine veteran who lost his legs in Afghanistan is again being called a hero - this time for helping stuck motorists out during a snowstorm.
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - Main Street businesses in the western South Dakota gambling town of Deadwood continue to be plagued by water line breaks caused by days of subzero temperatures.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Interstates in southern Wyoming are back open but light trailers aren't recommended on parts of Interstate 80 because of continued strong winds.
ACME TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say an icy roadway was a factor in a crash in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula that left one man dead.
MARJ, Lebanon - A blustery storm dropped torrential rain and snow on Lebanon on Wednesday, forcing aid agencies to scramble to distribute desperately needed winter supplies like blankets and plastic tarps to Syrian refugees who have sought safe haven in the country.
DIAMOND, Illinois - More than a dozen Illinois prison inmates are helping clear tornado debris from the village of Diamond to the south of Chicago.
SEATTLE - The Seattle Transportation Department admits it made a mistake with deicer that caused some accidents Dec. 2 and shut down the West Seattle Bridge.
GOLDEN, Colorado - Golden has lifted evacuations after a flood threat from a broken ice dam subsided.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Motorists and pedestrians in New Jersey should use caution because ice is forming on untreated roads and sidewalks.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Another blast of cold air is headed to Alabama, and officials in Birmingham are taking steps to protect homeless people.
CHICAGO - Advocates for the elderly say the extreme cold is putting Illinois' senior citizens at risk.
CHICAGO - Snow mixing with cold temperatures could make for a treacherous morning commute in the Chicago area and other parts of northern Illinois.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The storm that iced over Dallas, buried Philadelphia in snow and stranded drivers and air travelers everywhere in between at last plodded out of New England, exiting in muted fashion after days of foul weather.
RENO, Nevada - Chris Montes and his fellow volunteer rescuers first saw what looked to be children's footprints in the snow. When they saw tire tracks lead into the remote canyon but not back out, they raced ahead until they could make out the overturned Jeep they were searching for in the frigid backcountry.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Tuesday's sun helped melt some of the ice that has kept schools and businesses in northern Arkansas closed for days. But conditions were still bad enough that number of school districts, including Fayetteville and Rogers, announced they'll be closed again Wednesday.
POWNAL, Vermont - Vermont State Police say numerous vehicle crashes have been reported in the towns of Pownal, Searsburg and Shaftsbury after a fast-moving snowstorm made roads slick in the southern part of the state.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office has reduced the death toll from a winter storm from 11 to 10.
EUGENE, Oregon - Warming shelters in Eugene have seen more than 300 people a night during the recent cold snap.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - It's been five years since a devastating ice storm hit New Hampshire, leaving more than 400,000 residents and businesses without power - the most widespread outage in state history.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources officials told their board Tuesday that cold weather and a struggling northern herd contributed to a disappointing gun deer season.