- New England digs out from first big snowfall of season Updated: Feb-06-16 12:23 am
BOSTON - New England is digging out from its first big snowfall of the season that dumped more than a foot in some places and left tens of thousands of homes and businesses without power, as forecasters eye another potential winter storm early next week.
- The Latest: Clinton makes pitch to young NH voters Updated: Feb-05-16 10:20 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Latest from the 2016 campaign trail with days to go until the New Hampshire primary (all times local):
- Town's 100th annual winter carnival opens, minus some snow Updated: Feb-05-16 8:47 pm
NEWPORT, New Hampshire - Residents of the small New Hampshire town of Newport are launching their 100th annual winter carnival with a tribute to its roots and a grudging acceptance that climate change can wreak havoc with the schedule of events.
- The Latest: 6-year-old hit by falling tree limb dies Updated: Feb-05-16 8:10 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on a winter storm that dropped more than a foot of snow on some areas of the Northeast (all times local):
- Postponed Jazz-Wizards game rescheduled for Feb. 18 Updated: Feb-05-16 4:32 pm
- Wet weather systems increasingly more rare in Southwest Updated: Feb-05-16 4:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - The southwestern United States has already begun a long-predicted shift into a decidedly drier climate, a new study looking at the last 35 years of weather pattern concluded.
- Inspectors conduct flood damage assessments in Kincaid Updated: Feb-05-16 4:09 pm
KINCAID, Illinois - Residents of a central Illinois community are still assessing damage inflicted by floodwaters from Sangamon River.
- Vermont to get little to no snow in storm Updated: Feb-05-16 12:45 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - With little to no snow in Vermont, some are lamenting that the storm is hitting southern New England, not the Green Mountain state.
- Santa Ana winds to bring warming to Southern California Updated: Feb-05-16 12:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Forecasters say Southern California is in for an extended period of gusty Santa Ana winds and summerlike warming.
- Aqueduct cancels Friday racing because of weather Updated: Feb-05-16 11:52 am
NEW YORK - Aqueduct canceled the Friday racing because of winter weather conditions in the New York area.
- Snow keeps state troopers in New Jersey busy Updated: Feb-05-16 11:06 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Snow is tapering off in New Jersey after slowing the morning rush and keeping state troopers busy.
- Warm weather forces shortened toboggan championships Updated: Feb-05-16 11:01 am
CAMDEN, Maine - Warm weather in Maine has forced the National Toboggan Championships to be postponed on Friday, shortened to one day and moved to a new location.
- High winds to return to southeast Wyoming Updated: Feb-05-16 10:56 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The National Weather Service says high winds are possible in a large part of southeast Wyoming starting Friday night and persisting through Saturday.
- Storm tracks farther northward, bringing snow to Maine Updated: Feb-05-16 9:27 am
A storm that was originally expected to give parts of Maine a dusting has moved closer to shore, bringing nearly a foot of snow to parts of the state and closing hundreds of schools and businesses.
- Many schools closed as snowstorm hits New Hampshire Updated: Feb-05-16 8:04 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - At least 200 schools have been closed as snow makes its way across much of New Hampshire.
- Snow falling over Pennsylvania slows morning commute Updated: Feb-05-16 6:08 am
PHILADELPHIA - Rain that has been falling over parts of Pennsylvania has turned to snow, slowing the morning commute and causing some schools to delay opening.
- Heavy wet snow creating sloppy morning commute in NYC area Updated: Feb-05-16 5:57 am
NEW YORK - New Yorkers are in for a messy commute as a heavy wet snow falls on the metropolitan area.
- Commissioner dies after heart attack during snowstorm Updated: Feb-05-16 4:36 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A Harrison commissioner has died nearly two weeks after suffering a heart attack while helping shovel snow.
- Warm weather hurts consumption tax collections in Vermont Updated: Feb-05-16 4:02 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's less than stellar ski season so far this winter has not helped state revenues.
- Storm expected to bring heavy snow during morning commute Updated: Feb-04-16 7:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A winter storm is expected to bring heavy snow to Rhode Island overnight and make for a messy morning commute.
- Storm expected to bring heavy snow during morning commute Updated: Feb-04-16 6:42 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy is advising residents to prepare for snow that could make for a messy morning commute.
- Snow expected in New Jersey for Friday a.m. commute Updated: Feb-04-16 6:36 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - It won't be as disruptive as last month's blizzard, but snow is expected to slow down Friday morning's commute in New Jersey.
- Weather service reports minor flooding along Monocacy River Updated: Feb-04-16 3:44 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - The National Weather Service is reporting minor flooding along the Monocacy (mah-NAH'-kah-see) River near Frederick due to recent heavy rain and relatively warm temperatures after last month's blizzard.
- Grand Island digs out after 18 inches of snow pelts area Updated: Feb-04-16 3:17 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Grand Island residents and city employees are slowly digging out from a blizzard that left 18.3 inches of snow on the ground.
- 5 years trimmed from ex-cop's sentence in Katrina body case Updated: Feb-04-16 3:15 pm
NEW ORLEANS - An ex-New Orleans police officer who burned the body of a man shot to death by a fellow officer in the chaos following Hurricane Katrina had his 17-year-sentenced reduced by more than five years Thursday by a federal judge.