- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche Updated: Apr-20-14 10:34 am
- Moose charges snowmobile, flees after warning shot Updated: Apr-19-14 10:43 pm
- Crews working to remove propane tanks from river Updated: Apr-19-14 4:22 pm
- Man gets second life after 2009 tornado Updated: Apr-19-14 2:41 pm
- ODU helps develop evacuation model for disasters Updated: Apr-19-14 11:05 am
- Motorcyclists gear up for annual spring Flood Run Updated: Apr-19-14 5:04 am
- N Florida warned to watch for heavy rains, floods Updated: Apr-19-14 3:04 am
- Railroad says it's committed to hauling fertilizer Updated: Apr-18-14 5:05 pm
- Joplin prepares to open several new safe rooms Updated: Apr-18-14 10:55 am
- Hatcher Pass to close to snowmobile use Updated: Apr-18-14 10:47 am
- Asparagus harvest off to good start in Washington Updated: Apr-18-14 8:55 am
- Cloudy weekend forecast for Washington Updated: Apr-18-14 8:43 am
- Henderson apple growers optimistic about cold Updated: Apr-18-14 6:40 am
- Parts of Michigan's Upper Peninsula get fresh snow Updated: Apr-18-14 6:26 am
- High winds, heavy rain expected in Georgia Updated: Apr-18-14 5:22 am
- Snyder: Counties getting help after harsh weather Updated: Apr-17-14 6:37 pm
- Snyder declares disasters in 2 Michigan counties Updated: Apr-17-14 5:44 pm
- NYC to change maligned Sandy rebuilding program Updated: Apr-17-14 4:22 pm
- Hail wreaks Easter travel havoc in Mexico City Updated: Apr-17-14 2:43 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 12:49 pm
- Union Pacific railroad's 1Q profit up 14 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 12:40 pm
- Maine elver season starts slow due to cold weather Updated: Apr-17-14 10:33 am
- AutoNation fights off winter; profit up 15 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 10:32 am
- Neglected homes becoming an issue in Minot Updated: Apr-17-14 8:46 am
- 19 inches of new snow for Isanti, Minn. Updated: Apr-17-14 7:25 am
KATMANDU, Nepal - Survivors of Mount Everest's deadliest avalanche recalled scenes of panic and chaos, describing Sunday how they dug through snow with their hands and ice axes in hopes of finding their friends alive.
JACKMAN, Maine - A New Hampshire couple got a scare while snowmobiling in Maine: They were charged by a moose.
EVART, Michigan - State emergency officials say they are working to remove dozens of propane tanks floating in the Muskegon River as part of flood-recovery efforts in western Michigan.
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Although he'll never meet his sister, Olivia, in person, 11-month-old Lucas Bryant will know all about her.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - It took nine hours to get most of the people to the interstate across the river when the zombies closed in on Charleston, West Virginia
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's motorcycle season kicks off with the annual spring Flood Run.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A storm system is expected to bring heavy rains and significant flooding risks to northern Florida.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Canadian Pacific Railway told a federal oversight board Friday that moving fertilizer for spring planting does not present a "significant challenge" for the railroad.
JOPLIN, Missouri - Joplin residents will soon be able to seek shelter from storms in safe rooms across the city, school district officials said.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska parks officials say Hatcher Pass is closing to snowmobile use because of warming weather.
KENNEWICK, Washington - If you're driving through Mid-Columbia farmland, look closely at the fields. Chances are good you'll spot asparagus spears pushing up to the light.
SEATTLE - Forecasters expect a mostly cloudy weekend across Washington with a chance of rain at times, especially in Western Washington, while Eastern Washington will be more breezy.
HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina - The colder than usual winter may have helped save the apple crop in western North Carolina.
IRONWOOD, Michigan - Parts of Michigan's Upper Peninsula got more than a foot of snow during spring storms this week, breaking at least one daily snowfall record.
ATLANTA - Forecasters say high winds and heavy rains are expected across much of Georgia.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday declared a state of emergency for Marquette County following widespread, severe damage to water and sewer lines caused by this winter's extreme cold.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has declared a state of disaster in two northern Michigan counties grappling with widespread flooding and wind damage.
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio unveiled a sweeping report Thursday that examined New York City's recovery progress from Superstorm Sandy and promised to reform a much-maligned program that was supposed to rebuild wrecked homes.
MEXICO CITY - A freak spring hailstorm has caused havoc for thousands of people trying to leaving Mexico City for Easter weekend.
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 16, 2014
OMAHA, Nebraska - The harsh winter didn't keep Union Pacific railroad from delivering 14 percent higher quarterly profit as it hauled more agricultural, industrial and coal shipments.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine elver fishermen and dealers are reporting small catches and reduced prices in the first week and half of the state's season for immature eels.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A late-March surge in car and truck buying helped dealership group AutoNation Inc. overcome subzero temperatures and waves of winter storms earlier in the year to post nearly a 15 percent increase in first-quarter net income.
MINOT, North Dakota - Residents of Minot who have rebuilt their homes after the devastating Souris River flood in 2011 are growing impatient with owners of homes that have been left neglected or abandoned.
DULUTH, Minnesota - Deep snow in parts of Minnesota and Wisconsin is proof of the weather adage that in April, just about anything can happen.