- Official: California water savings take a dip in October Updated: Dec-01-15 4:14 am
FRESNO, California - California's latest water conservation may not appear as impressive as in past months, but a state official said that residents are exceeding a long-term order to save water during drought.
- Winter storm dumping snow on northern Plains Updated: Nov-30-15 11:14 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Schools called off classes and road crews warned of hazardous conditions Monday as a snowstorm crawled across the northern Plains, while states farther south worked to recover from a weekend of icy weather and deadly flooding.
- Another wave of snow moving into Twin Cities Updated: Nov-30-15 8:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest on the winter storm affecting Minnesota (all times local):
- Bad weather delays recovery of climber's body Updated: Nov-30-15 7:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Efforts to recover the body of a climber who died after falling into a crevasse were temporarily halted Monday because of severe weather on Mount Jefferson in Oregon, authorities said.
- More than 47,000 remain without power in Oklahoma Updated: Nov-30-15 6:56 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - About 47,000 homes and businesses remain without electricity after an ice storm hit Oklahoma.
- World leaders gather to try to save Earth from overheating Updated: Nov-30-15 4:23 pm
LE BOURGET, France - With dramatic vows to save future generations from an overheated planet, the largest gathering ever of world leaders began two weeks of talks Monday aimed at producing the most far-reaching pact yet to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions and avert environmental havoc.
- Hurricane season ends with just 1 tropical storm in Texas Updated: Nov-30-15 3:28 pm
HOUSTON - The Atlantic Hurricane Season ended on a quiet note for Texas with just one tropical storm reaching the state in the past six months.
- Fire crew searching for Texas woman find flooded car, body Updated: Nov-30-15 2:04 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Firefighters searching for a 76-year-old woman who was swept away in fast-moving North Texas floodwaters have found a submerged car with a body inside.
- Man admits filing false applications to get Sandy aid Updated: Nov-30-15 1:16 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey man has admitted filing false applications for federal and state relief funds related to Superstorm Sandy.
- Audit recommends changes after large Michigan freeway pileup Updated: Nov-30-15 1:00 pm
GALESBURG, Michigan - Authorities are recommending the relocation of cable barriers and many other changes in the area of a massive pileup early this year on Interstate 94 in southwestern Michigan.
- Snow piling up in W. Iowa, E. Nebraska Updated: Nov-30-15 12:23 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Snow is beginning to pile up in much of western Iowa and eastern Nebraska.
- Flood warnings persist in Arkansas as rain moves out Updated: Nov-30-15 9:49 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Flood warnings remain in effect throughout parts of Arkansas after heavy rainfall caused some river flooding.
- The Latest: Winter weather advisories out in west Wisconsin Updated: Nov-30-15 8:53 am
EAU CLAIRE, Wisconsin - The latest on the winter storm affecting Wisconsin (all times local):
- Storm batters southern Scandinavia Updated: Nov-30-15 6:47 am
HELSINKI - Officials say that more than 35,000 people were without electricity in Sweden on Monday after a storm battered southern Scandinavia, damaging buildings, toppling trees, canceling trains and closing bridge links between Denmark and Sweden.
- Snow begins falling as storm moves north into Minnesota Updated: Nov-30-15 6:43 am
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - Snow has begun falling in parts of southern Minnesota including the Twin Cities as a winter storm moves north.
- Weather, flights aid post-Thanksgiving travel efforts Updated: Nov-30-15 1:43 am
NEW YORK - Tens of millions of Americans returning home after the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend Sunday had cooperative weather and mostly efficient airport operations to thank for smooth traveling conditions.
- Winter storm advisory issued for eastern Nebraska Updated: Nov-29-15 6:27 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Eastern Nebraska could see freezing rain, sleet and snow beginning Sunday night and extending into Monday evening.
- Oklahoma governor declares state of emergency after storms Updated: Nov-29-15 6:08 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has declared a state of emergency in all 77 counties following a winter storm that dumped ice, freezing rain and rains that led to flooding in the state.
- More than 71,000 remain without power after Oklahoma storm Updated: Nov-29-15 5:31 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - More than 71,000 power outages remain across Oklahoma after a slow-moving storm brought ice and freezing rain to western and central sections of the state.
- Some Oklahoma roads still slick, others improving Updated: Nov-29-15 3:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Department of Transportation says roads in the Panhandle remain slick after a slow-moving storm dropped ice and freezing rain in the region.
- Florida marks record of 10 years without major hurricane Updated: Nov-29-15 12:44 pm
MIAMI - The state of Florida is marking a big milestone with the official end of the 2015 hurricane season - 10 years without a major hurricane making landfall in the state.
- Earth is a wilder, warmer place since last climate deal made Updated: Nov-29-15 12:24 pm
PARIS - This time, it's a hotter, waterier, wilder Earth that world leaders are trying to save.
- The Latest: More than 80,000 in Oklahoma without power Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The latest on wintry weather and heavy rainfall in Oklahoma (all times local):
- Burn bans in effect in Pierce and Snohomish counties Updated: Nov-28-15 5:38 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Stagnant weather conditions and rising air pollution has prompted the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency to maintain a Stage 2 burn ban in Pierce and Snohomish counties.
- Icy road conditions claim 4 more lives in Kansas Updated: Nov-28-15 4:31 pm
ANDOVER, Kansas - Authorities in Kansas are blaming four more traffic deaths in the Wichita area on the icy conditions gripping the state and other parts of the nation's midsection.