- Forecasters expecting storms in northern Alabama Updated: May-30-15 4:33 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Forecasters say scattered thunderstorms are expected in parts of northern Alabama.
- Latest on flooding: Forecasters concerned about more rain Updated: May-30-15 4:20 pm
3:10 p.m. (CDT)
- Flooded rivers don't faze some Houston-area residents Updated: May-30-15 4:17 pm
ROSENBERG, Texas - The seemingly ceaseless rain has ended in North Texas and Oklahoma, but residents in the greater Houston area warily eyed the swollen, yet-to-crest Brazos River and the skies, which threatened to drop up to 5 additional inches of rain late Saturday afternoon and evening.
- Despite storm-free seasons, Florida insurance still pricey Updated: May-30-15 12:40 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Living in a (semi)-tropical paradise has a price - and apparently, not even going nine years without a major hurricane strike will change that.
- After 3 decades, memories of tornadoes still fresh for many Updated: May-30-15 12:00 pm
CENTERVILLE, Pennsylvania - Chris Sterling, who was a 21-year-old firefighter on the day of the biggest tornado outbreak in Pennsylvania's long history, recounts those overwhelming hours of chaos, fear and awe
- New England's epic winter gives way to unusually dry spring Updated: May-30-15 11:46 am
BOSTON - It's hard to believe that after a winter of record-setting snowfall, much of New England is approaching drought conditions.
- Volunteers, donations needed in tornado-stricken community Updated: May-30-15 10:37 am
DELMONT, South Dakota - Officials in tornado-stricken Delmont are asking the public's help to continue the city's recovery.
- Heat wave eases in India after killing nearly 2,000 people Updated: May-30-15 10:34 am
HYDERABAD, India - Showers and thunderstorms in parts of southern India on Saturday helped eased a weekslong summer heat wave that has claimed nearly 2,000 lives.
- Hurricane Andres strengthens far off coast of Mexico Updated: May-29-15 10:55 pm
MIAMI - Hurricane Andres is getting stronger as it spins far off the coast of Mexico.
- Officials say those Boston snow piles are even more vile Updated: May-29-15 10:13 pm
BOSTON - It's disgusting enough to put you off snow cones for the rest of the summer.
- Fallin requests federal assistance for repairs after storms Updated: May-29-15 7:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin is asking the Federal Emergency Management Agency for federal funding to help repair damage in 16 counties caused by recent tornadoes and flooding.
- Hutchinson cites emergency in 5 more counties due to floods Updated: May-29-15 6:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson added five counties to an emergency declaration Friday after a helicopter tour of areas hard-hit by floods.
- This has been a month of extreme weather around the world Updated: May-29-15 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Even for a world getting used to wild weather, May seems stuck on strange.
- FEMA begins reviewing Sandy flood insurance claims Updated: May-29-15 5:22 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Federal Emergency Management Agency said Friday it has begun reviewing flood insurance claims of Superstorm Sandy victims, some of whom have said their damages were underestimated.
- Arkansas governor adds 5 counties to disaster declaration Updated: May-29-15 4:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson has added five counties to a disaster declaration because of heavy rain and flooding.
- Floodgates on HorseThief Reservoir dam following heavy rain Updated: May-29-15 2:59 pm
JETMORE, Kansas - Heavy rains this week have caused officials to open the floodgates on the HorseThief Reservoir dam in southwest Kansas for the first time since it was built in 2009.
- Strong storm knocks down trees, power lines Updated: May-29-15 6:53 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - A strong storm has taken down trees and power lines in southern New Hampshire and a lightning strike is believed to be the cause of a house fire in Peterborough.
- New lab can create hurricane conditions on demand Updated: May-29-15 6:31 am
MIAMI - Researchers trying to figure out what makes some hurricanes strengthen into catastrophic monsters have a new lab that allows them to generate tropical storm conditions with the flip of a switch.
- Power back on for most Maine customers following storms Updated: May-29-15 5:48 am
BANGOR, Maine - A series of violent thunderstorms knocked out power to almost 14,000 electric customers in central and eastern Maine, but power has been restored in most areas.
- Gov. Cuomo proclaims hurricane preparedness week in New York Updated: May-29-15 3:08 am
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo is encouraging New Yorkers to prepare for dangerous storms as hurricane season nears.
- Search dogs aiding efforts after Texas floods need care Updated: May-28-15 10:35 pm
WIMBERLEY, Texas - Veterinarians are on hand to care for the dogs that are helping search teams look for those missing from the Memorial Day weekend floods in Central Texas.
- Flooded communities try to clean up as more rain moves in Updated: May-28-15 10:25 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Residents of flooded Oklahoma counties hurriedly filled sandbags Thursday and highway crews closed off more than two-dozen roads as workers tried to stanch the flow of water from a week's worth of rain.
- Flash flood warning in effect after thunderstorm, heavy rain Updated: May-28-15 9:46 pm
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - Flash flood waters have begun receding in a coastal New Jersey town and there were no reports of injuries after people had to be rescued from flood waters.
- Obama: TX, OK storms a reminder to prepare for disasters Updated: May-28-15 5:57 pm
MIAMI - President Barack Obama said Thursday that deadly flooding in Texas and Oklahoma is a reminder that the U.S. needs to toughen its response to the effects of natural disasters. He said climate change is affecting both the pace and intensity of storms.
- 9 likely challengers await American Pharoah in Belmont Updated: May-28-15 4:57 pm
Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner American Pharoah figures to have nine challengers when he runs in the Belmont Stakes next week, trying to become the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.