- Child, man, killed, 7 others hurt in collision on road Updated: May-02-16 12:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a man has died from injuries in a Philadelphia crash that earlier killed a child and sent seven other people - three of them children - to hospitals.
- 3,300 northern Utah homes without power after wind storm Updated: May-02-16 12:05 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Thousands of residents in northern Utah and surrounding areas don't have power after a powerful wind storm hit the area over the weekend.
- Wildfires sweep through mountain forests in north India Updated: May-02-16 11:06 am
LUCKNOW, India - Massive wildfires that have killed at least seven people in recent weeks were burning through pine forests in the mountains of northern India on Monday, including parts of two tiger reserves.
- Tornado tally from Oklahoma, Arkansas storms grows to 9 Updated: May-02-16 10:10 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Meteorologists have identified tornado damage in Muskogee County nearly a week after a string of at least nine weak tornados across northeastern Oklahoma and Arkansas.
- Cambodia sending students home early to cope with heat wave Updated: May-02-16 9:19 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia has shortened the school day by one hour to help students cope with a heat wave that has pushed temperatures as high as 42 degrees Celsius (107.6 degrees Fahrenheit).
- South Louisiana under flash flood watch until 7 p.m. Monday Updated: May-02-16 8:28 am
NEW ORLEANS - More rain is in the forecast for a soggy south Louisiana. The ground is saturated from several days of heavy rain fall.
- North Carolina pair survive 5 days in New Zealand wilderness Updated: May-02-16 5:11 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - An American exchange student and her mother were rescued over the weekend in the New Zealand wilderness, where they were lost for five days after setting off on a day hike. A helicopter pilot spotted the large "help" signs they had made from fern fronds.
- Jazz fest's last day finishes soggy, but strong Updated: May-01-16 9:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Wind, rain and a lightning strike beside the stage where Bonnie Raitt was singing didn't stop the soggy last day of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival from rollicking to a close.
- Storms prompt tornado warnings in Illinois, Indiana Updated: May-01-16 9:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Meteorologists are warning strong storms could bring large hail and tornadoes to parts of Illinois and Indiana.
- The Latest: All sing with Guthrie: 'Alice's Restaurant' Updated: May-01-16 9:21 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (all times local):
- Storms may bring strong winds, hail to eastern Arkansas Updated: May-01-16 5:12 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Forecasters say severe weather is possible in portions of eastern Arkansas.
- The Latest: Gov. Herbert visits city damaged by wind Updated: May-01-16 4:46 pm
OGDEN, Utah - The Latest on windy weather causing power outages and damage in northern Utah (all times local):
- Weather Service confirms Saturday St. Landry Parish tornado Updated: May-01-16 2:49 pm
DUPONT, Louisiana - The National Weather Service confirms that a tornado hit rural parts of northern St. Landry Parish and southern Avoyelles Parish on Saturday.
- Flooding predicted along Louisiana sections of Red River Updated: May-01-16 1:03 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The National Weather Service is warning of flooding along the Red River in northwest Louisiana.
- The Latest: 6th body found after flooding in Texas Updated: Apr-30-16 10:44 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - The Latest on Texas flooding (all times local):
- 6th body found after Texas flash floods Updated: Apr-30-16 9:57 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Lisa Asberry Davis said on Saturday that she and her three children waded to safety through water up to their chins after torrential rains in East Texas swamped a cul-de-sac of homes during the night and forced some residents onto rooftops.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Areas of Las Vegas drenched by morning rainfall Updated: Apr-30-16 7:09 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas residents woke up to the sounds of heavy rainfall this morning.
- The Latest: Weather cancels Saturday's final Jazz Fest Updated: Apr-30-16 5:55 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on activities at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (all times local):
- Officials raise concerns about threats to Iowa trees Updated: Apr-30-16 4:39 pm
BURLINGTON, Iowa - City officials in Burlington are concerned about the city's trees following a wave of plant diseases and unusually wet weather in recent years that has loosened the soil's grip on root systems.
- Officials: Collapsed Kenyan building had no occupancy permit Updated: Apr-30-16 3:34 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A building that collapsed amid heavy rains in Nairobi, killing at least 12 people and injuring at least 134, did not have an occupancy permit, officials said Saturday as they ordered its owner to turn himself in.
- Trouble-causing teenagers impacting festivals, other events Updated: Apr-30-16 11:52 am
ST. CLAIR SHORES, Michigan - Rowdy teens are impacting warm weather events in at least two suburban Detroit communities.
- Flooding leaves behind sand, debris in Illinois county Updated: Apr-30-16 10:16 am
MILLER CITY, Illinois - Early-winter flooding that affected several Illinois counties has left behind a scarred landscape in Alexander County in southern Illinois.
- Life after storm: Survivors recall 2011 tornado outbreak Updated: Apr-30-16 10:11 am
DECATUR, Alabama - Each year on April 27, at precisely 4:05 p.m., the Guzman family performs a solemn ritual, releasing pink, purple and lime-green balloons in memory of Aurelia Guzman.
- Former Reid Hospital campus in Richmond deteriorates Updated: Apr-30-16 10:07 am
RICHMOND, Indiana - Time, weather and vandalism have taken their toll on the former Reid Hospital campus in Richmond.