- Arizona House reverses course, OKs bill aiding developers Updated: May-05-16 11:55 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona House reversed course after an initial rejection and approved a bill Thursday that will give developers more power to issue municipal bonds and levy taxes to pay for public infrastructure in communities they are building.
- The Latest: Arizona House OKs bill aiding developers Updated: May-05-16 10:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on a bill in the Arizona Legislature that aids developers (all times local):
- Asian shares lower ahead of closely watched US jobs report Updated: May-05-16 10:28 pm
TOKYO - Asian markets were mostly lower in nervous trading Friday ahead of a closely watched U.S. jobs-report that may influence interest rate decisions and the value of the U.S. dollar.
- NY approves new virtual currency exchange Updated: May-05-16 5:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York state has approved regulations allowing a new virtual currency called Ether.
- Weight Watchers and Kraft climb, L Brands and Fitbit skid Updated: May-05-16 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq stock market:
- Markets Right Now: US stocks end flat after 2 down days Updated: May-05-16 4:11 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on developments in financial markets (all times local):
- South Dakota farm operation a melting pot of foreign workers Updated: May-05-16 12:58 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - One man's farming operation has become a melting pot of foreign workers.
- EXCHANGE: Welding and manufacturing students build rÃ©sumÃ©s Updated: May-05-16 8:08 am
STERLING, Illinois - Now that the students in Steve Bierdeman's welding and manufacturing technology class are coming down the school year's homestretch, they're finding more ways to have fun.
- Hands-on learning prepares high schoolers for the future Updated: May-05-16 5:01 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Deadheading a flower, Zoe Conrad demonstrated, is similar to snapping your fingers.
- Black Hills State University opening underground campus Updated: May-04-16 12:11 pm
LEAD, South Dakota - Deep beneath the Black Hills, amid 375 miles of dark tunnels where drill-dusty miners once blasted solid rock in search of elusive gold, university students and their professors will soon be hunting for nuggets of wisdom in the world of physics and biology.
- ICE backs away from bid for London Stock Exchange Updated: May-04-16 11:01 am
ATLANTA - Intercontinental Exchange has jettisoned plans to acquire the London Stock Exchange.
- EXCHANGE: Southern Indiana learns about plant reproduction Updated: May-04-16 7:55 am
NEW ALBANY, Indiana - We see them every spring, buzzing around flowers with clumps of pollen stuck to their back legs.
- Brazil turmoil costs AB Inbev in quarterly results Updated: May-04-16 6:04 am
BRUSSELS - The world's biggest brewer, AB Inbev, says economic and political turmoil in Brazil hit its quarterly earnings, with sales volumes declining by 10 percent in the huge Latin American nation.
- Trump virtually clinches Republican presidential nomination Updated: May-04-16 1:07 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In a stunning triumph for a political outsider, Donald Trump all but clinched the Republican presidential nomination Tuesday with a resounding victory in Indiana that knocked rival Ted Cruz out of the race and cleared Trump's path to a likely November face-off with Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.
- Hawaii's $13.7B budget funds housing, health, schools Updated: May-03-16 8:11 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers have passed the state's $13.7 billion budget for 2017, providing funding for affordable housing development, new classroom facilities and the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands.
- Moody's changes credit outlook for Kansas to negative Updated: May-03-16 5:55 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - An international rating agency revised its credit outlook for Kansas to negative on Tuesday and criticized the two biggest financial moves the state expects to use to keep its budget balanced through June 2017.
- Liberty House submits bid for Tata Steel assets in UK Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
LONDON - Two firms have expressed interest in buying the available assets of Tata Steel UK, setting up rival bids that could help revive the troubled industry in Britain.
- Rousseff lights Olympic flame as protesters hit the streets Updated: May-03-16 2:55 pm
BRASILIA, Brazil - Brazil's embattled President Dilma Rousseff ignited the Olympic flame on Tuesday, as a nationwide torch relay got underway with protests highlighting the country's deep political and economic crisis.
- Superintendent: Jackson Public Schools in financial crisis Updated: May-03-16 1:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Jackson Public Schools district is facing a financial crisis prompted by decreased state funding, the schools superintendent said.
- Correction: Asbury Park-New Hotel story Updated: May-03-16 12:57 pm
ASBURY PARK, New Jersey - In a story May 1 about a new hotel set to open in Asbury Park, The Associated Press reported erroneously on one of the reasons visitor Madeleine Berk loves the city. She cited the music scene, not the food.
- Lights out: Philips to launch IPO for lighting division Updated: May-03-16 3:02 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Royal Philips NV announced Tuesday that it is spinning off its iconic lighting division in an initial public offering so it can focus on its future as a health technology provider.
- Vision-impaired retired doctor works with teacher to sculpt Updated: May-02-16 6:14 pm
GREENVILLE, Pennsylvania - Over a local career of more than 50 years, orthopedic surgeon Dr. Robert Baker fine-tuned his hands for the delicate work that comes with a scalpel.
- Puerto Rico skips bond payments, says Congress must help Updated: May-02-16 5:39 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A spiraling Puerto Rico debt crisis reached a new milestone as the island missed nearly $370 million on a bond payment Monday and officials warned of worse to come if the U.S. Congress doesn't help it dig out from a mountain of debt.
- Q&A: Puerto Rico's debt crisis, what it means for muni bonds Updated: May-02-16 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - Puerto Rico's worsening debt crisis is dimming the economic outlook for the U.S. territory and putting pressure on Congress to help resolve the situation but it is having little effect on the market for municipal bonds and most investors.
- Halliburton and Apollo Education trade higher, Baidu skids Updated: May-02-16 4:37 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq stock market: