- Moody's affirms ULM bond rating Updated: Dec-12-13 4:08 am
- Shares of Chinese "bad bank" Cinda soar in debut Updated: Dec-12-13 3:41 am
- US Rep. Tierney pushing bill to rein in bank risks Updated: Dec-12-13 3:08 am
- Oil near $97 after rise in US gasoline supplies Updated: Dec-12-13 2:14 am
- Asian stocks down as US tapering possibility looms Updated: Dec-11-13 11:34 pm
- Experts see modest revenue growth in Mass. Updated: Dec-11-13 8:49 pm
- Facebook to join S&P 500, Abercrombie exiting Updated: Dec-11-13 6:30 pm
- Prosecutors: Fatal NH crash was a suicide attempt Updated: Dec-11-13 5:52 pm
- US stocks slump following disappointing earnings Updated: Dec-11-13 5:30 pm
- Crude oil, gasoline prices fall; Metals end mixed Updated: Dec-11-13 5:00 pm
- Grain higher livestock mixed Updated: Dec-11-13 4:14 pm
- Stocks slump following disappointing earnings Updated: Dec-11-13 4:10 pm
- US stocks decline following disappointing earnings Updated: Dec-11-13 11:58 am
- Iberia moves forward with school improvements Updated: Dec-11-13 10:23 am
- Daytime copper thieves leave shelter vulnerable Updated: Dec-11-13 10:19 am
- Early pioneer of NW Georgia's carpet industry dies Updated: Dec-11-13 10:05 am
- Futures mixed ahead of next Fed meeting Updated: Dec-11-13 9:28 am
- How Volcker Rule would limit banks' risky bets Updated: Dec-11-13 9:27 am
- Slovenia says no need for EU bailout Updated: Dec-11-13 9:05 am
- Cyprus takes steps to bring down joblessness Updated: Dec-11-13 8:11 am
- LR voters approve Robinson Hall renovations Updated: Dec-11-13 7:34 am
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro Updated: Dec-10-13 5:45 pm
- Dentist, patient spark Michigan bone marrow drive Updated: Dec-10-13 5:30 pm
- US ban on high-risk bank trades approved Updated: Dec-10-13 4:23 pm
- Brown says Md. health exchange still evolving Updated: Dec-10-13 3:31 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - Moody's Investors Service has affirmed its A2 bond rating for the University of Louisiana-Monroe.
HONG KONG - A Chinese bad-debt management company's shares soared in their Hong Kong debut Thursday, highlighting strong investor appetite for a business that will flourish if the world's No. 2 economy stumbles.
BOSTON - Congressman John Tierney is co-sponsoring legislation in the U.S. House that he said will help protect retirees, families and consumers from financial institutions that engage in risky investments.
Oil prices continued to drop Thursday after the U.S. government reported a large buildup in supplies of gasoline and diesel.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Asian stocks extended losses Thursday after an apparent budget deal in the U.S. Congress reinforced expectations the Federal Reserve will cut its monetary stimulus as early as next week.
BOSTON - State tax revenues should grow at a modest clip next year, but underlying economic conditions remain uncertain and most of the new revenue will be offset by rising costs in programs beyond the control of budget writers, experts told a Statehouse hearing on Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Facebook will join the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index, replacing technology supplier Teradyne Inc., while Abercrombie & Fitch is downgraded from the benchmark index.
LEBANON, New Hampshire - A former Fortune 500 executive told police he was trying to kill himself when he drove his pickup truck across the grassy median of a highway and slammed into an SUV, killing an expectant couple inside, prosecutors said Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Disappointing earnings from a handful of U.S. companies pushed the stock market to its biggest loss in five weeks.
Crude oil and wholesale gasoline prices fell Wednesday after the U.S. reported a big increase in supplies.
CHICAGO - Grain futures were higher Wednesday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
NEW YORK - Stocks are falling on Wall Street as traders react to disappointing earnings from U.S. companies.
NEW YORK - Stocks are lower in midday trading on Wall Street as traders react to some disappointing earnings from U.S. companies.
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - School officials say work is about to get underway for the first phase of $50 million in school improvement projects Iberia Parish voters approved in October.
ANDERSON, Indiana - A cooling system at a women's shelter near Community Hospital was stripped of copper early Tuesday morning.
DALTON, Georgia - Zach Norville came to Dalton with a used car, an alarm clock and a degree in textile engineering.
NEW YORK - U.S. stock futures were mixed Wednesday as investors continue to take profits toward the end of the year.
WASHINGTON - U.S. regulators have approved a rule that seeks to defuse the kind of risk-taking on Wall Street that helped trigger the 2008 financial crisis.
LJUBLJANA, Slovenia - Slovenia said Wednesday it has enough funds to shore up its indebted banks, indicating the small European Union country will not be seeking an international bailout.
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus has earmarked 340 million euros ($467.5 million) to help combat joblessness, which is expected to peak next year at over 19 percent in the bailed-out country.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Voters have approved a plan to overhaul the Robinson Center Music Hall in downtown Little Rock.
HAVANA - It was the briefest of moments, just seconds, two presidents shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries amid a gaggle of world leaders together to honor the late Nelson Mandela.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - As a dentist, Dr. Steve Conlon might seem an unlikely person to lead a charge to save people from leukemia.
WASHINGTON - U.S. regulators have taken a major step toward reining in high-risk trading on Wall Street, banning the largest banks from trading for their own profit in most cases.
BALTIMORE - Under fire from political rivals in Maryland's governor's race, Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown pledged Tuesday to remain focused on fixing the state's bedeviled health care exchange and conduct a full assessment later on why its website has been troubled with computer problems.