- Oil rises amid hopes of solid gain in US hiring Updated: Mar-07-14 7:40 am
- Commodities ended mostly higher; Gold, silver up Updated: Mar-06-14 6:01 pm
- Encouraging report on US jobs lifts stock market Updated: Mar-06-14 5:37 pm
- Inmates would rather work than sit in a cell Updated: Mar-06-14 3:50 pm
- Grain mostly higher, livestock mixed Updated: Mar-06-14 3:28 pm
- Making maple syrup like great-grandfather did Updated: Mar-06-14 2:07 pm
- Chalkboard art a big draw for North Texas eateries Updated: Mar-06-14 1:10 pm
- Small herds, record exports cause high beef prices Updated: Mar-06-14 11:53 am
- EXCHANGE: Ill. woman bakes cookies for troops Updated: Mar-06-14 6:58 am
- Stocks surge as tensions ease in Ukraine Updated: Mar-04-14 10:29 am
- Gold, oil prices rise as tensions build in Ukraine Updated: Mar-03-14 4:40 pm
- Rural recycling centers have trouble breaking even Updated: Mar-02-14 3:55 pm
- Coastal Georgia tree 'ecologically extinct' Updated: Mar-02-14 12:13 pm
- La. farms await a new generation Updated: Mar-02-14 12:05 pm
- Va. ag, forestry exports girdling the globe Updated: Mar-02-14 11:58 am
- Sheep industry could be poised for comeback Updated: Mar-01-14 2:53 pm
- Long waits frustrate callers to health exchanges Updated: Mar-01-14 2:07 pm
- 'Creepy' statue still recalled long after removal Updated: Mar-01-14 11:17 am
- Eldon Willing prepares oyster feast for watermen Updated: Mar-01-14 9:43 am
- $150k to farmers to help improve watersheds Updated: Feb-28-14 1:40 pm
- Online ad leads to rescue of 8 baby lambs, goat Updated: Feb-28-14 10:23 am
- Nevada keeps Xerox, brings in state support Updated: Feb-27-14 8:19 pm
- EXCHANGE: Grain bin accident survivor tells story Updated: Feb-27-14 10:17 am
- Lenten tradition of fasnachts morphs Updated: Feb-26-14 12:41 pm
- Rescuers take arctic plunge to help save lives Updated: Feb-26-14 9:54 am
The price of oil crept up to near $102 a barrel Friday as expectations rose for a solid increase in U.S. employment.
Commodities futures ended mostly higher Thursday. Natural gas futures jumped 3 percent as supplies fell more than expected.
NEW YORK - Investors were looking for any reason to look past the cold weather that has hampered the U.S. economy in the last few weeks, and they found it.
GILLETTE, Wyoming - There's another way of breathing free air while serving a jail sentence, but it might involve shoveling livestock feces.
CHICAGO - Grain futures were mostly higher Thursday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
CORRY, Pennsylvania - Turning right onto the first dirt road after the "four-way" and then left onto the next dirt road is not how you'd expect to get to one of Pennsylvania's most exclusive restaurants.
DALLAS - When the Standard Pour opened in Uptown two years ago, the idea was to use chalkboards to feature the typical menu specials, maybe some cocktail-themed quotes.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - The average price for a pound of fresh beef is the highest in at least 27 years, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
KINSMAN, Illinois - Since August 2013, Melissa Dunning of Kinsman has been on a mission to supply cookies to troops stationed with her brother, Bruce Boling, and her brother-in-law, Jason Dunning.
Global stocks are surging as Russia softens its stance in Ukraine.
The price of gold rose to a four-month high Monday as tensions escalated over Russia sending troops into Ukraine.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - There's no money to be made in the world of rural recycling.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Not long ago, healthy redbay trees were easy to find in coastal Georgia. Related to the avocado, these evergreens grew 45 feet tall, with black berries that fed songbirds and aromatic leaves that lent their flavor to traditional gumbo.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - About 70 percent of U.S. farmland will change hands within the next two decades, the U.S. Department of Agriculture predicts.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Farmer Kevin Engel grows soybeans, wheat, barley and corn across 17 counties in Virginia, but he's really a global businessman.
JOHNSON COUNTY, Wyoming - Veterinarian Eric Barlow sat on a dirty, white bucket and rubbed a probe over a ewe's belly, waiting for the shadowy outline of a lamb to appear on the screen before him.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - For those trying to enroll through online health exchanges, help has long been advertised as just a phone call away.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Merle Hay Mall was the place to be for Des Moines kids before suburban malls, so an unsettling piece of public art displayed there from 1974 until it was quietly placed in storage in the 1990s was forever burnished into their memory.
CHANCE, Maryland - Among the oil cans, ailing rusty diesel engines and one beast of an air compressor in the workshop at Scott's Cove Marina, mechanic Eldon "Chef Emeril" Willing creates culinary magic.
LOGANSPORT, Indiana - Call it the trickle-down effect.
MUNCIE, Indiana - Despite 16 years of helping and rescuing animals in Muncie, Animal Rescue Fund founder Terri Panszi encountered a first on Wednesday.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada is turning to its own state government experts to provide technical support and oversight to its beleaguered health exchange.
ROCKTON, Illinois - The odds of living were against Roger Bates when he fell into a grain bin on Jan. 31.
COLUMBIA, Pennsylvania - There are few Pennsylvania Dutch food traditions as cherished as the fasnacht.
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - The phrase "skating on thin ice" refers to a risky situation, and with good reason.