- New data released on health exchange enrollees Updated: Dec-12-13 7:58 pm
- Gold, silver slide on prospects for a Fed pullback Updated: Dec-12-13 4:38 pm
- Grain mostly lower livestock higher Updated: Dec-12-13 4:02 pm
- Oil near $98 a barrel after higher US retail sales Updated: Dec-12-13 10:13 am
- Daytime copper thieves leave shelter vulnerable Updated: Dec-11-13 10:19 am
- Early pioneer of NW Georgia's carpet industry dies Updated: Dec-11-13 10:05 am
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro Updated: Dec-10-13 5:45 pm
- Dentist, patient spark Michigan bone marrow drive Updated: Dec-10-13 5:30 pm
- East Texan finds joy in collecting so many toys Updated: Dec-10-13 12:32 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Bremerton woman recycles cooking oil into soap Updated: Dec-09-13 4:19 pm
- Charles City features unique architecture Updated: Dec-08-13 2:08 pm
- Group celebrates, preserves Iowa Blue chickens Updated: Dec-08-13 2:05 pm
- Memphis orchestra reaching out to community Updated: Dec-08-13 2:02 pm
- Wichita falconer reunites with golden eagle Updated: Dec-08-13 11:44 am
- Iowa insurer pokes fun at federal website in ads Updated: Dec-08-13 10:59 am
- Family feud over Pa. estate gets ugly in court Updated: Dec-07-13 11:24 am
- A Cape May-Lewes ferry scrapped as white elephant Updated: Dec-07-13 10:35 am
- Musician opens coffee shop at Charleston market Updated: Dec-07-13 10:05 am
- Curly the La Center camel ready for seasonal shows Updated: Dec-06-13 9:20 pm
- Researcher studying long-term weather forecasting Updated: Dec-06-13 4:19 pm
- Ky. farm cash receipts soaring to record levels Updated: Dec-05-13 4:44 pm
- Made-for-movie model of USS Nevada being restored Updated: Dec-05-13 2:04 pm
- Canal group wins historical society honor for work Updated: Dec-05-13 9:59 am
- Mystery surrounds plans for wetlands near coast Updated: Dec-05-13 7:46 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state has seen a jump in the last month in the number of people signing up for private insurance through the state's health exchange, according to data released Thursday.
Gold and silver futures fell sharply on Thursday as a budget deal and a brighter outlook on the U.S. economy appeared to strengthen the case for the Federal Reserve to start easing back on its stimulus.
CHICAGO - Grain futures were mostly lower Thursday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
Oil prices climbed to near $98 a barrel on Thursday, as a rise in U.S. retail sales pointed to higher spending during the holiday season and could provide a boost to the economy.
ANDERSON, Indiana - A cooling system at a women's shelter near Community Hospital was stripped of copper early Tuesday morning.
DALTON, Georgia - Zach Norville came to Dalton with a used car, an alarm clock and a degree in textile engineering.
HAVANA - It was the briefest of moments, just seconds, two presidents shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries amid a gaggle of world leaders together to honor the late Nelson Mandela.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - As a dentist, Dr. Steve Conlon might seem an unlikely person to lead a charge to save people from leukemia.
NACOGDOCHES, Texas - Pedal cars skirt the perimeter of the 2,100-square-foot building designed specifically for their housing. Above them float shelves upon shelves with every size and shape of toy imaginable, while metal airplanes suspended from the rafters seem frozen in time.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
BREMERTON, Washington - Laura Kneib's handmade soaps might smell like rosemary, spearmint or lavender.
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - Charles City has many architectural treasures still intact today despite a town history that includes major floods, fires and a devastating tornado.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Like John Wayne, Eskimo Pie and the Gallup poll, Iowans are proud of Iowa-born.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Symphony Orchestra is going to jail - to perform, that is.
LYONS, Kansas - With wide, long wings, the golden eagle launched itself fast enough to leave Nate Mathews amid a backwash of stirred air.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The television ads show a series of medical mishaps: a man kicking the wrong leg in a reflex check, a urine sample bottle that won't open for a frustrated patient and a blood pressure cuff letting out a strange noise when the doctor presses the plastic bulb.
PITTSBURGH - A family feud over a Swissvale steamfitter's sizable estate has evolved from an ugly, private affair to a sordid, tabloid-worthy tale playing out in the public realm across three courts.
MAURICE RIVER TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Hissing blowtorches are punctuated by excited men yelling as another big chuck of steel comes crashing down onto the car deck of the MV Cape May. The workers taking apart the 2,100-ton Cape May-Lewes Ferry vessel are understandably happy about the latest chunk of steel they pried from the upper deck. This is one of the biggest jobs most of them have ever done, and the initial work has them high above the Maurice River with little room for error.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Coffee fans lamenting the loss of Capitol Roasters at the Capitol Market got an early Christmas present this season when Fayetteville native Joe Dangerfield opened his Musical Grounds European Coffee House in the space left empty when the Roasters vacated in early 2013.
LA CENTER, Washington - Curly the camel can sense that the busy Christmas season is about to start, according to his owner, Jeff Siebert.
GREAT FALLS, Montana - What if decade-long cycles of wet and dry weather could be reliably predicted several years in advance?
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky's farm economy shifted into over-drive as a money maker this year, backed by robust equine, poultry and cattle markets and predictions of record grain yields that are putting total cash receipts on a rapid trajectory toward $6 billion, agricultural economists said Thursday.
RENO, Nevada - From the time Nevada's namesake battleship, the USS Nevada, was launched in 1914, it has held a special place in the hearts of the state's residents.
DELPHI, Indiana - Sounds of a chainsaw, hammers and men chiding each other fill the air in the Wabash & Erie Canal Park in this Carroll County city.
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Glynn County Commissioner Michael Browning is still waiting for answers about what a landowner plans to do with a 416-acre tract in the western portion of his commission district.