- US stocks slump following disappointing earnings Updated: Dec-11-13 12:39 pm
- US stocks decline following disappointing earnings Updated: Dec-11-13 11:58 am
- Markets sluggish despite seeming US budget deal Updated: Dec-11-13 11:58 am
- Former Fortune 500 exec charged in fatal NH crash Updated: Dec-11-13 10:29 am
- Futures mixed ahead of next Fed meeting Updated: Dec-11-13 9:28 am
- Stocks slip a day after latest record for S&P 500 Updated: Dec-10-13 4:19 pm
- Stocks slip a day after latest record for S&P 500 Updated: Dec-10-13 12:04 pm
- Once-frothy Nasdaq tries to reach dot-com peak Updated: Dec-10-13 11:13 am
- US stocks ease back after another high on S&P 500 Updated: Dec-10-13 9:52 am
- US household wealth reaches high of $77 trillion Updated: Dec-09-13 4:55 pm
- Stocks edge higher; Sysco soars on deal news Updated: Dec-09-13 4:26 pm
- Michigan DNR stocks more than 1 million fish Updated: Dec-09-13 10:15 am
- Stocks open little changed Updated: Dec-09-13 9:52 am
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms Updated: Dec-08-13 3:22 pm
- Dow up 200 points as hiring gains continue Updated: Dec-06-13 1:56 pm
- The monthly jobs report can cause big market moves Updated: Dec-05-13 2:01 pm
- Twitter names Marjorie Scardino to board Updated: Dec-05-13 12:25 pm
- Investors cool on biotech IPOs as shares fall Updated: Dec-03-13 6:17 pm
- Ahead of the Bell: November Auto Sales Updated: Dec-03-13 5:46 am
- Ahead of the Bell: October Home Prices Updated: Dec-03-13 5:42 am
- Dow Chemical and eBay are big market movers Updated: Dec-02-13 5:41 pm
- Correction: Wall Street-Perfect 10 story Updated: Nov-26-13 5:07 pm
- Correction: Wall Street Outlook story Updated: Nov-26-13 3:34 pm
- J.C. Penney dropped from S&P 500 index Updated: Nov-22-13 6:22 pm
- Ahead of the Bell: Harvest Natural Resources Updated: Nov-20-13 9:04 am
NEW YORK - Stocks sagged Wednesday as investors assessed weak earnings reports from several U.S. companies.
NEW YORK - Stocks are lower in midday trading on Wall Street as traders react to some disappointing earnings from U.S. companies.
LONDON - Financial markets were sluggish Wednesday as an apparent budget deal in the U.S. Congress failed to divert attention from investors' primary focus - whether the Federal Reserve will reduce its stimulus next week.
LEBANON, New Hampshire - A former Fortune 500 executive who lives in New Hampshire is set to be arraigned on charges that he caused a crash that killed a Vermont couple.
NEW YORK - U.S. stock futures were mixed Wednesday as investors continue to take profits toward the end of the year.
NEW YORK - Stock prices are lower on Wall Street as the market takes a pause after hitting its latest record high.
NEW YORK - The U.S. stock market is easing lower after another day of record highs.
NEW YORK - It takes a long time to recover from a bad hangover, especially when you party like it's 1999.
NEW YORK - The U.S. stock market is taking a breather after another day of record highs.
WASHINGTON - A surging stock market and a steady recovery in home prices drove Americans' wealth to a record last summer.
NEW YORK - The stock market is back at a record high after a big acquisition in the food industry and as traders hope that a budget deal could be reached in Washington.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Natural Resources says it stocked more than a million fish this year at 111 different locations throughout the state.
NEW YORK - The stock market is opening little changed following last week's strong U.S. jobs report.
SAN FRANCISCO - Corporate support for gay and transgender rights is reaching workers in new corners of the country and economy six months after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act, according to a new report card from the nation's largest LGBT advocacy group.
NEW YORK - Stocks are rising sharply after the U.S. government reported a big increase in hiring last month.
NEW YORK - The government's monthly survey of the U.S. job market is always important on Wall Street. It's even more important these days. Investors are trying to figure out when the Federal Reserve will decide that the economy is strong enough to thrive without its extraordinary stimulus measures.
NEW YORK - Twitter has named Marjorie Scardino as a director, adding a woman to the all-white male board for which it's been sharply criticized.
Biotech IPOs have gone from hot to cold.
DETROIT - Black Friday deals and the long Thanksgiving weekend lured buyers into U.S. automobile showrooms, and analysts say the surge should boost November sales above a strong month last year.
WASHINGTON - Private data provider CoreLogic is scheduled to report on October home prices at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market:
NEW YORK - In a story Nov. 21 about the Standard & Poor's 500 index, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the index rose 31 percent in 1995. The S&P 500 rose 34 percent, not 31 percent. The story also erroneously reported that the S&P 500 rose 26 percent in 1998. In fact, it rose 26.67 percent, or nearly 27 percent.
NEW YORK - In a story Nov. 22 about the 2014 outlook for Wall Street, The Associated Press erroneously spelled the last name of a Franklin Templeton portfolio manager. He is Conrad Herrmann, not Hermann.
NEW YORK - J.C. Penney is getting booted from the Standard & Poor's 500 index after losing more than half of its market value this year.
NEW YORK - Shares of Harvest Natural Resources jumped in Wednesday premarket trading as the energy company reached a deal to sell its stake in Venezuelan assets to Pluspetrol Venezuela SA for more than initially expected.