- Main Street holds up as Wall Street struggles, for a change Updated: Feb-13-16 10:57 am
NEW YORK - Wall Street is hurting, and Main Street doesn't care. It's got burgers and cars to buy.
- US stocks end a down week on an up note Updated: Feb-12-16 5:04 pm
U.S. stocks ended a down week on a high note Friday, snapping a five-day losing streak on the strength of energy and financial companies.
- The Latest: European markets close higher after tough week Updated: Feb-12-16 12:24 pm
LONDON - The latest on the turmoil in global financial markets (all times local):
- What a recession does to your money Updated: Feb-11-16 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - If we are indeed in the midst of a recession - and we won't know we're in one until well after it's begun - stocks likely still have a long way to go down.
- Double the chaos: Amped-up funds flourish amid turmoil Updated: Feb-11-16 3:43 pm
NEW YORK - That second scoop or slice makes everything so much better. So why not double the fun investing, too?
- Norfolk to spend $5M to entice Fortune 500 company ADP Updated: Feb-10-16 5:33 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Norfolk city council has agreed to spend $5 million to entice a Fortune 500 company to bring an expected 2,000 jobs downtown.
- Companies lose billions buying back their own stock Updated: Feb-09-16 3:04 pm
NEW YORK - If you think your stocks are doing poorly, check out the performance of some of the most sophisticated investors, the ones with more knowledge about what's going on inside businesses than anyone else: Companies that buy their own shares.
- Q&A: Investors using index funds to try to beat the market Updated: Feb-04-16 3:33 pm
NEW YORK - Don't try to beat the market.
- Iran's stock exchange hits 1-year high after nuclear deal Updated: Feb-02-16 11:30 am
TEHRAN, Iran - The Tehran Stock Exchange has rallied to a one-year high after Iran's landmark nuclear deal with world powers went into effect last month, a spokesman for the exchange said Tuesday.
- Japan introduces negative interest rate to boost economy Updated: Jan-29-16 5:40 am
TOKYO - The Bank of Japan on Friday said it will charge lenders that leave too much cash on idle deposit with it, introducing a negative interest rate policy for the first time as it seeks to shore up a stumbling economic recovery.
- Some funds offer to tame market's chaos, but at a price Updated: Jan-21-16 3:23 pm
NEW YORK - Freaked out by the stock market's big swings?
- Cheap oil, good for consumers, is slamming stocks. Why? Updated: Jan-20-16 11:34 pm
NEW YORK - Wall Street is drowning in oil.
- Stocks of all small grains crops down in North Dakota Updated: Jan-19-16 6:05 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Stocks of all small grains in North Dakota were up from the previous year as last year drew to a close.
- Stocks of corn and soybeans, other crops up in South Dakota Updated: Jan-18-16 7:02 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Stocks of corn and soybeans in South Dakota were up from the previous year as last year drew to a close.
- Why global woes and sinking stocks don't mean US recession Updated: Jan-17-16 11:09 am
WASHINGTON - Last week's harrowing plunge in U.S. stocks - fueled by economic fears about China and plummeting oil prices - left investors anxious and alarmed. Some wondered if it signaled an approaching recession in the United States.
- Get used to it: Big drops for stocks are back again Updated: Jan-15-16 4:38 pm
NEW YORK - Yes, this is scary.