- Australian stocks rise as investors await central bank Updated: May-04-15 11:19 pm
HONG KONG - Australian stocks rose Tuesday as investors anticipated an interest rate cut by the country's central bank while trading elsewhere in the region was mixed as two major markets were closed.
- US stocks gain, pushing market back near record levels Updated: May-04-15 4:14 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks are closing slightly higher, putting the U.S. market close to record high.
- US stocks gain, pushing market back near record levels Updated: May-04-15 11:58 am
NEW YORK - Stocks are moving slightly higher in midday trading, building on their gains from Friday.
- Stocks open higher, building on gains from Friday Updated: May-04-15 9:46 am
NEW YORK - Stocks are opening slightly higher, building on their gains from Friday.
- Will Japan funds keep going, or just disappoint again? Updated: Apr-30-15 3:25 pm
NEW YORK - How much longer can the sun shine on Japan's stock market?
- USDA says potato stocks up 14 percent in North Dakota Updated: Apr-26-15 2:28 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Potato stocks in North Dakota are up 14 percent from a year ago.
- How London man may have helped trigger the 'flash crash' Updated: Apr-25-15 3:34 pm
NEW YORK - He operated from a modest suburban London home he shared with his parents, far from the city's glamorous financial center. He used off-the-shelf software anyone can buy.
- By the numbers: The Nasdaq Composite's record high close Updated: Apr-23-15 5:58 pm
The Nasdaq composite index closed at a record high Thursday for the first time since March 2000. Adjusting for inflation, the index is still below the peak it reached during the height of the dot-com bubble.
- Nasdaq Record: Then and Now Updated: Apr-23-15 5:52 pm
NEW YORK - Fifteen years after peaking during the dot-com boom, the Nasdaq composite has reached a new all-time high.
- Trader charged for alleged key role in 'flash crash' Updated: Apr-21-15 6:56 pm
CHICAGO - A multimillionaire futures trader accused of being a key figure in bringing on the 2010 "flash crash" - when the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 600 points in five minutes - was arrested in Great Britain Tuesday based on charges filed in Chicago.
- European stocks, boosted by stimulus, hit all-time high Updated: Apr-09-15 4:26 pm
If you wanted evidence that the economy and the stock market are two different things, look no further than Europe.
- Will shrinking earnings halt the stock market's run? Updated: Apr-09-15 12:30 pm
NEW YORK - All streaks eventually come to an end.