- Stocks mostly fall on lower oil prices; inflation ticks up Updated: May-22-15 11:13 am
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks slipped in early trading Friday as energy companies fell along with the price of oil. Investors were weighing the latest batch of corporate earnings results and a report showing a slight increase in inflation last month. Investors are looking ahead to a speech later in the day by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen.
- US stocks open mostly lower; oil price slides Updated: May-22-15 9:43 am
NEW YORK - Stocks are mostly lower in early trading as energy companies decline along with the price of oil.
- Taxes matter in fund investing, even when there's no bill Updated: May-21-15 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - Most of us don't worry about taxes when it comes to mutual funds.
- US stock market notches tiny gains; oil price rises sharply Updated: May-21-15 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks are closing slightly higher, led by an advance in energy stocks as the price of oil climbs.
- US stock indexes edge lower; Etsy sinks after posting loss Updated: May-20-15 12:01 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks are edging mostly lower in midday trading as investors look over some disappointing company results.
- Stock, bond and "other": Making sense of alternative funds Updated: May-07-15 4:58 pm
NEW YORK - For most of us, investments fall into two simple categories: stocks or bonds.
- Will Japan funds keep going, or just disappoint again? Updated: Apr-30-15 3:25 pm
NEW YORK - How much longer can the sun shine on Japan's stock market?
- USDA says potato stocks up 14 percent in North Dakota Updated: Apr-26-15 2:28 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Potato stocks in North Dakota are up 14 percent from a year ago.
- How London man may have helped trigger the 'flash crash' Updated: Apr-25-15 3:34 pm
NEW YORK - He operated from a modest suburban London home he shared with his parents, far from the city's glamorous financial center. He used off-the-shelf software anyone can buy.
- By the numbers: The Nasdaq Composite's record high close Updated: Apr-23-15 5:58 pm
The Nasdaq composite index closed at a record high Thursday for the first time since March 2000. Adjusting for inflation, the index is still below the peak it reached during the height of the dot-com bubble.
- Nasdaq Record: Then and Now Updated: Apr-23-15 5:52 pm
NEW YORK - Fifteen years after peaking during the dot-com boom, the Nasdaq composite has reached a new all-time high.